Graduation

Order of the Wolf: Insurrection

"Jeon Hojoon,"

Applause filled the air as Hojoon stepped from behind the divider curtain and out onto the stage.  Hansol's heart was pounding in his ears and all he could think about was whether or not his cap was on straight.

"Calm down Hansol, you look fine," Gohn said with a chuckle; it was almost as if he'd read Hansol's mind.

"I can't calm down Gohn! We're graduating today... Like, right now," 

"I know, can you believe it?"

Actually Hansol couldn't believe it.  9 months ago their school was destroyed in an all or nothing attack by the (now imprisoned) Liberty Corps. With some magical assistance, they managed to rebuild the school with new accommodations for future supernatural students.  Since then, the new Arario Boarding Academy (now accepting female students for the first time) has stood as the shining example of harmony between humans and supernaturals.

And today, Hansol would be graduating as a part of the most important class the school had ever known.

"Kim Dongsung,"

"Oh that's me!" Gohn said with a huge smile before rushing out onto the stage.  Hansol took a deep breath knowing that he was next. After the longest few seconds of his life, he finally heard,

"Kim Hansol,"

He slowly walked out onto the stage and was met with the cheers of his fellow classmates and teachers.  All of his doubt and worry faded as he received his diploma from Mr. Cho.

"Congratulations Hansol," Mr. Cho said, shaking his hand.  Hansol nodded his thank you as he descended the stairs to the left of the stage.  He took his seat next to Gohn and watched as the other students names were called.  Once the last student received his diploma, Mr. Cho began his speech.

"Words can not express how proud I am of each and every one of you.  I have watched many of you grow from awkward boys into confident and responsible young men.  I hope that you take what you have learned here and use it to make the world a better place. Now, without further delay, I officially declare you... Graduates of the Arario Boarding Academy, Class of 2014!"

Everyone stood and threw their caps high into the air.  Hansol hadn't been so excited in a long time.  Finally he was ready to face the real world as an adult.

Soon everyone was standing in groups around Avalon field, talking with their parents and saying their goodbyes to old friends...

"So what are your plans for the summer?" Hansol asked Gohn as they tried to find the others.

"I'm going on vacation to Hawaii with my family, I can't wait!"

"Sounds amazing!"

"Hyung!" Byungjoo called as he ran over to meet Hansol and Gohn.

"Hey!"

"Congrats on graduating Hyung! Next year I'll be able to join you as a free man,"

"Man you're growing up fast. You sure you and Yano will be alright without the rest of us?"

"Of course! Now let's go, mom wants to see you,"

"Let me find the guys first... I have to say goodbye to them,"

"And by 'them' you mean Xero?"

"No I mean all of them. Shouldn't you be saying goodbye too?"

"Already did!" Byungjoo replied as he skipped off in the opposite direction. Hansol shook his head as he and Gohn continued their search.  They finally found them by the rock that used to be the entrance to their hideout... The hideout that they wouldn't be needing anymore.

"There you guys are!" Seogoong said excitedly.

"Well you guys, I guess this is it. Gohn, Seogoong, Jenissi, Yano, Sangdo, Kidoh, Nakta, Sanggyun, Jiwon, Hojoon, Xero, Hansol and... Wait, where the hell is Byungjoo!?" Sehyuk raised an eyebrow and looked around.

"He said he'd already talked to you guys," Hansol said.  Before Sehyuk could say anything else, they heard Byungjoo yell as he approached them.

"Sorry for lying, I just wanted to do something special and I had to make sure that everything was in place," 

"What are you talking about?" Hansol wondered.  Byungjoo snapped his fingers and fireworks shot into the air from all four corners of the field.  Once they exploded, they formed the words "Goodbye and Good Luck!" 

Hansol hugged Byungjoo tightly as everyone marveled at the beautiful sight.

"You guys are the best friends I've ever had. And if our paths never cross again, I just want you all to know that you changed my life," Sehyuk said, tearing up a little.

"Aww don't cry! Come here you big softie!" Sangdo teased as he pulled Sehyuk into a hug.

"Jeez, why is everyone so sentimental," Jenissi said, clearly blinking back tears.  Xero pulled Hansol aside.

"Hansol... These last two years have been hectic, but they've also been the best two years of my life... Thanks to you. You've been an amazing boyfriend, but an even better best friend. I love you Hansol, and I hope that this isn't the end for us," Xero said, placing his hand on Hansol's shoulder.

"Don't worry Xero, it won't be. We may live hundreds of miles apart, but what's distance to a wizard?" 

Xero chuckled at Hansol's words before giving him a passionate kiss.

"Aww lovebirds," Hojoon said with a grin. Xero stuck out his tongue and Hansol smiled. 

"Hey Hansol, I've got a favor to ask," Kidoh said in a hushed tone as he approached Hansol and Xero.

"Sure what's up?"

"Can you teleport the three of us to this location? There's something I gotta do before we all go our separate ways," Kidoh replied, handing Hansol a small slip of paper.  He had something tucked under his arm, but Hansol couldn't see what it was.

"Uh sure, one sec," Hansol said as he clenched his fists. A moment later, he, Kidoh and Xero were standing in a cemetery.

"Over here, beneath this tree" Kidoh said as he led the way.  Hansol shuddered when he saw the name on the headstone...

"Oh my god," Xero muttered, covering his mouth.  Kidoh revealed that what he was holding under his arm was a diploma... But it wasn't his. It was for Jin.

"Here you go buddy. You deserve this, you always were the smart one," Kidoh said, leaning the framed diploma against the tombstone. Xero stepped forward and conjured up some flowers.

"I miss you Jin, I'm sorry we never got a chance to clear things up," he said as he sat the flowers down.  Hansol wanted to say something, but he couldn't bring himself to... Especially since it was his fault that Jin never lived to see his graduation day.

"We should probably get back, I'm sure our parents wanna see us," Hansol said.  Xero and Kidoh nodded as Hansol clenched his fists again and sent them back to the field.

It wasn't long before the conversations between the boys died down and the all said their goodbyes.  Soon Hansol was sitting in his mother's car, about to say goodbye to Arario for good.

"I'm so proud of you Hansol. After seeing everything that you boys have done, I'm sure that sending you to this school was the best decision I've ever made," his mother said, kissing his forehead.

"So now that Hansol's an adult, he's gonna move out soon right? That means I can totally have his room!" Byungjoo said with a cheeky smile.

"Shut up," Hansol replied as the car pulled off.  As he waved goodbye to the other students, he couldn't help but wonder... What does the future hold?