Burnt

Her Wings [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Once Taehyung's shift at the convenience store ended, he decided to visit his house and drop off his paycheck to his mother. And then after that, he'd go visit his friends at the warehouse, and after that, he'd have to wait tables at his other part time job at a restaurant, and then after that, he'd visit his uncle's bar and take orders there. 
     Despite all the work he did on a weekly and sometimes daily basis, the kid made a lot of money, which was all given to his mother for the debt she had collected over the years. 
     It wasn't that Taehyung's mother was a bad woman who gambled and got involved with drugs or anything like that. She was a naive young woman who was easily influenced by anything. Taehyung was an outcome of exactly that, since she easily fell for Taehyung's father at the inexperienced age of 24, and gave birth to Taehyung at 25. The following year, she was left by herself to take care of her baby, and the only way to do that was to borrow money from people, and that included loan sharks.
     18 years later, Taehyung and his mother have to pay back what they owe, and the only way to do that is to work. 
     He doesn't hate his mother, and his mother doesn't hate him. The one thing Taehyung was taught throughout his whole life was to love his friends and family and to be nice to everyone. He does that very well, and anyone around the boy could prove that.
     But when it came to the topic of his father who ran away before the boy was even able to speak and call out to him not to leave, he didn't really know what to feel. He gave his mother so much pain, and that hurt Taehyung in the same way. But he was family. Taehyung's mother always told him to love people, no matter what they do. She always told him to be happy.        "Mom!" Taehyung called when he opened the door to his house. He walked through the small corridor leading into the kitchen, seeing his mom preparing a small kettle of tea.
     "Taehyung!" the young mother cried happily, walking over to the boy quickly and hugging him, "How are you?" she asked lovingly, knowing the tremendous weight the boy had to carry on his shoulders everyday. 
     "I'm good! Has your cold been going away?" the boy happily replied back.
     His mother sighed, "I'm okay, Taehyung. But they're coming today. I don't know if I have enough for what they're asking for," an expression of distress quickly appeared on the woman's gentle face as she began to breath heavily. 
     "No, we do. I swear. Mom, my managers gave me extra because I worked a lot this week. And my friends helped out, too. Please don't worry. I have enough money here," Taehyung then outstretched two large envelopes filled with money, "And I won a bet with Victoria so she lost and I got $10 from her!" the boy happily added, not knowing that Victoria would have given him the money anyway even if she hadn't lost since she knew of his dire situation. "So please don't worry, mom. We have enough." 
     The woman looked at her son with desperation in her eyes, "Taehyung," she whispered quietly, going through yet again what they always had to for the last two years in order to satisfy the tax rate of the loan sharks they got involved with. With a sulky sigh, Taehyung's mother fell into her son's arms, hugging him with contrite. 
     "It's okay, mom. We'll be fine," he told her, a smile on his face. 
     He was always told to have a happy expression and to always smile. 
     But he suddenly thought of his father, and how the pain he had to go through wouldn't have had to exist if he hadn't ran away. For the first time in quite a while, Taehyung frowned.        After giving his mother the ample amount of money he had earned from working, Taehyung decided to make his way over to BTS's warehouse. He was going to pay his friends and visit before having to race off to his next job. 
     He carefully walked through the shortcut that was a small dirt path through a forest, jumping over any wired fences that he saw and passing by small beds of flowers. 
    It was like any ordinary day, so it seemed. Until he saw young girl standing up ahead in the middle of the path, her back facing him. She had bright blond hair and a
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter