We Just Met, But I Trust You

Her Wings [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
     "Hey, Jinyi," I could hear Uncle Luhan's voice calling at me from my doorway. I was fully awake, but I didn't feel like opening my eyes. "Wake up, you sleepyhead!" 
     Suddenly, I felt my blanket yanked away from my body, exposing me to the cold air of my room. Groaning, I flailed my arms in the air, hoping to get a hold of my comforter my uncle had abruptly pulled from me. 
     "Give me the blanket," I mumbled as I opened my eyes a bit, stretching out my arms at my uncle. I could feel the crusts of my eyes in my eyelashes, and I quickly swiped at my eyes with the back of my hand like a cat. 
     Uncle Luhan suddenly laughed, "You're sixteen years old, but you still act like a baby," he jeered at me, throwing my blanket at me as I began to sit up in bed.
     I gave Uncle Luhan a crossed look as I pushed the blanket away from my lap and stood up, stretching to the ceiling, "So why did you wake me up so early on my free Saturday, when I should be able to sleep in until the afternoon?" I crossed my arms and leaned on my hip.
     Uncle Luhan could only sigh, "Your aunt wants you to go shopping for food," 
     Without meaning for it to, a grimace appeared on my face. Uncle Luhan glared at me, making me quickly change my expression to a blank one. He always got on my case if I made ugly faces at him. 
     "Okay, fine. Whatever," I reluctantly complied, and Uncle Luhan smiled at me. 
     "Good girl, Jinyi," he smoothed down hair gently, and I let him. Despite my uncle sometimes annoying me and barging in my room at unprecedented times, he was always nice to me. I wasn't even his kid and he wasn't under any obligation to look after me, but he still seemed to love me enough to take care of me with Aunt Sarang for the last eleven years. 
     After giving me a pat on the head, Uncle Luhan left my room with a happy gait.        It was a clear Saturday morning. The neighborhood was quiet at this time, and the buildings seemed less threatening than they did at night. 
     I walked slowly down the sidewalk, seeing the entrance to the local store I always went to. It seemed to be very empty. I couldn't see anyone through the windows of the store. 
     The door opened as soon as I stepped close to it, and I expected to see that guy Taehyung's smiling face. But instead, there was a pretty girl with brown hair. When she saw me come through the entrance, she smiled brightly. "Welcome!" she exclaimed, and I nodded back to her shyly. 
     I walked over to the small produce aisle and picked out the vegetables Aunt Sarang wanted for her hot pot. She always seemed to cook hot pot-- at least once every month. She told me that my mom and dad really liked hot pot, so they ate it a lot when my aunt was younger. 
     When everything was crossed off the list Aunt Sarang gave me, I strode over to the cashier counters. But a yellow bag of chips sitting on a rack caught my eye. 
     My hand reached out to grab a bag of the honey-butter chips everyone had been so crazy about lately. I hadn't ever tried them before, but the hype about them was somewhat interesting. I thought back to the wrinkly coupon Taehyung had given me the day before. It wouldn't hurt to actually use it, right?
     The pretty girl from earlier seemed to be waiting for me at her register with a smile. When I put my basket filled with groceries on the counter, she happily began scanning items and inputting codes for the produce. 
     "You're making hot pot?" she asked me, tilting her head innocently. 
     "Yeah. My aunt is for dinner," I told her. She nodded her head slowly and small smile appeared on her lips. 
     She seemed really young, like she was a college student. I was guessing that Taehyung was around the same age and that the store liked hiring young people. 
     When she scanned the honey-butter chips, I stuck out my coupon for them. She happily received it, scanning it along with the chips. She gasped once she took a better look at it, "Did a baby-faced guy give this to you?" she asked me, waving the piece of paper like it was a flag. 
     I gave her an odd nod, "Uhm, Taehyung?"
     "Mhm," she nodded her head, "Kim Taehyung. Do you know him, too?" she further inquired. 
     I didn't really know how to respond. The guy was kinda weird and I just met him the day before, so I didn't know him too well. But then again, I somehow felt like he had been my friend for a really long time due to his friendly way of interacting. 
    "Yeah, I know him," I replied. The girl gave me a pout in response. 
    "This is one of Taehyung's coupons. We have a contest with each other to see who has the most customer's who would use our coupons," she laughed lightly and wrapped a strand of hair around her ear, "It's a dumb thing he made up. Sorry if I frightened you or anything," she was still laughing though. I could see in her thoughts that she was thinking back to fun moments she's had with Taehyung. But I felt bad when I found out that she actually had developed feelings for the guy.
     She seemed to be in love with Taehyung, but he didn't seem to notice. With his carefree personality, it was somewhat expected. I felt bad, though. She seemed to always be thinking about the times she's made advances, but Taehyung would just ignore her. 
     "Can I ask what your name is?" the girl asked once more, and with her kind aura, I happily told her. 
     "I'm Jinyi," I bowed my head and she did the same. 
     "My name is Victoria! I've seen you shopping here before, but this is the first time I've been able to talk to you! I'm glad," she sweetly replied, and with that, she told me my total for my groceries and I paid her. 
      But right before I was able to turn around to leave, Victoria asked me, "Jinyi! I'm so sorry, but if you see Taehyung again, can you give him this?" she pulled out a grey folded sweatshirt from under the counter, "I've been meaning to give this to him, but our shifts haven't matched up lately. I haven't seen him in a few days, and I'm working all day today. And... I'm kinda shy to give it back to him," she blushed a bit. 
     For a second, I was taken aback. How could this girl trust me so easily? We had just met, and there she was, asking me to do a favor. But it was kind of nice, actually. She trusted me, and I could tell from her thoughts that she thought well of me. 
    I didn't have anything to do for the day unlike Victoria, so doing a favor for her wouldn't be too bad. I'd just have to find Taehyung and give the sweatshirt to him-- no big deal, it seemed. 
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter