The Bangtan Boys

Her Wings [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'll be going now," I called behind my shoulder as I slipped on my shoes. I heard Aunt Sarang drop her utensils and she came running to give me my lunch for the day.
     "Don't forget this, ok?" she handed me a small bag and a Hello Kitty container. I took the container and bag awkwardly and bowed my head. The thing looked so childish, but it contained my lunch so there was no use. I could only be grateful for Aunt Sarang's delicious vegetable rolls and omelets.
     The best part of the school day-- and I think everyone can agree-- is lunch time. You get an hour break away from screaming classmates and fist fights that suddenly break out in the middle of lectures no one listens to. Everyone eats lunch in the cafeteria or justs leaves the school ground entirely. Some either stay in class or go on the rooftop of the school. You can see just about everything in the neighborhood on the top of the three story building. Perhaps the roof was the best part of the school.
     The creaky door that lead to the rooftop shut behind me with a squeak. Sometimes the rooftop was empty because nobody could open the door, since it was basically a block of iron. That was somewhat good though, because it prevented kids from trying to jump, or push each other off the ledge of the building. It didn't matter how hard or soft it closed for me though. I could always open it due to my powers. That reminded me, I wondered how that guy I was fighting got that burn mark on his stomach. As far as I knew, I didn't have any pyrotechnic powers or matches on me at the time. I sat down on a big concrete stack and looked out to the sky beyond the tall metal gate that was fenced around the edge of the roof. I brought out my lunch, opened it, and began to eat while thinking about the day before.

     I couldn't help but try to recreate what I had felt. Maybe I was finding a new power. I stuck my hand out in front of me and tried to concentrate my energy at one point in my palm, hoping some type of fire or laser would come out.
     "It was light," I heard a boy's voice suddenly say. My head snapped to see who was talking. It turned out to be the guy who was sitting on the window ledge from yesterday. I cursed silently to myself for not realizing his presence earlier.
     "Huh?" I raised my brow at him and he just smiled a bit.
     "It was light," he pointed to my outstretched hand. I quickly pulled back my hand and looked at him suspiciously.
     "What the hell are you talking about?" I growled a bit. He just smirked at me, and it made me want to punch him.
     "Yesterday, when you were fighting and that guy was on top of you, this beam of light burst out of your palm and made the guy fly across the street," he clarified, looking out at the sky. My eyes widened. A beam of light?
     Just then, my thoughts went back to when the guy at the supermarket surprised me. The lights were following my actions. The idea seemed far-fetched, but then again it wasn't. I had just discovered a new power. Or someone else had.
     "How did you do it?" the guy asked, interrupting my thoughts. I didn't even want to respond. Instead, I just listened carefully for the guys thoughts:

  You should say something. I want to know.      The thing is, I didn't even know myself. All I knew was that I had learned a new power for the first time in three years. I was happy about it, but concerned that the fact there was someone who knew about it.
     "I don't know," I finally replied as I looked down at my food and began eating forcefully. I just wanted the guy to go away. It was silent between us as he drank a bottle of water and I ate my lunch. He just stood in front of the gate and looked down at stuff from above. I finally had finished all my food and figured running away from the guy would be the best way to leave. But just as I grabbed my bag and tried to run off, the guy stopped me.
     "Meet me at the back courtyard after school," he boldly stated.
     "Why should I do that?" I chided, turning around to face him. He smiled kindly, but his words were the opposite.
     "Because if you don't come, I'll tell,"
     "Is there anyone who would believe you?" I glared at him before turning around and walking back. My thoughts were so clouded that I didn't even feel like saying them aloud. I wasn't thinking at all when I felt the guy come up behind me and swing a sharp object on my arm.
     When I turned around to look at him and see what he had done to my arm, he was holding a small pocket knife. I looked at my arm and saw a small red line that was gaining blood.
     "You bastard! What the hell?" I yelled at him. He only kept his stare on the cut, watching as my skin mended itself back together. When I realized his motive, I gasped in shock. His blank expression turned into a smirk.
     "Yesterday, I saw you get scraped when that guy pulled you on the pavement. But now look at you-- no wounds in sight," he announced, pointing at my legs. I didn't know how to respond. First, he saw me get attacked by someone and didn't even bother to come help. Second, he was checking me out and looking especially up and down at my legs. And third, he was suspicious about my abilities. And he had just proved one of them to be true with a flick of a knife.
      I just stood in silence, gritting my teeth. He took notice of my behavior and just smirked again.
     "After school. The courtyard. Be there, okay?" he said with finality as he stocked off with his hands in his pockets.        For the whole day, I was wondering whether to go meet that guy at the courtyard or not. I didn't even know. I had never seen his face before. I didn't even know his name. And there was a big chance that he didn't know mine.
     But I figured he was just some dumb guy wondering about my powers. If I could just make something up as an explanation, that could hopefully be the last of him.
     When the last bell rang and everyone began hollering because it was Friday, I groaned to myself. I had made up my mind to go, because if I kept him hanging, he probably wouldn't stop pestering me. So I swung my bag over my shoulder and stomped my way down the flight of stairs crowded with scummy looking kids and debris.
     You can get to the back courtyard by taking the hidden door in the gym storage closet. No one really knows about the door or the back courtyard. It used to be used for gym class a couple years ago, but now they don't use it because no student bothers to show up or participate for class. So the place is useless. Unless it's used for meeting places. I wondered how the guy knew about the courtyard, since it was just a secret upper classmen of the school knew. My Uncle Luhan went to the school and told me about it once, so that was the only way I knew. 
     All I needed to see was a glimpse of that guy's dark black hair to know it was him waiting for me. He had his hands in his pockets, listening to something since earbuds were in his ears. As always, the courtyard was filled with weeds, and he was standing in the middle of a whole bunch.
     "Hey," I called out, and he looked up after pulling out his ear buds and stuffing them in his pocket.
     "Hey," he replied as he brought his bag over his shoulders.
     "So are you just gonna stand there or are you gonna tell me why I'm here?" I chided, crossing my arms and leaning on a hip. He just smiled.
     "Follow me," he gestured for me to come with him, and he lead the way.
      We passed through bushes and jumped over gates. After about three minutes of getting my legs scraped by twigs and loose metal fences, we reached a large forest area with three warehouses. Each of them were gigantic. He looked back at me with a smirk as I was glaring at him.
     "I'm not going to do anything bad to you. Gosh, you are so cynical," he chuckled as he began walking to the warehouses. Out of curiosity, I decided to follow. If he said he wasn't going to do anything bad to me, then what was his purpose?
     When we got to the last warehouse, he pulled out a small metal stick from his back pocket.
     "Stand back," he told me, looking over his shoulder. I did as I was told and took two giant steps back. After that, he swung the thing out to the side and it grew in length. Okay, so first he had pocket knife on him and then a baton?
     He smacked the metal door of the warehouse in a rhythmic fashion. After he pushed the baton back to its regular form, the door began to squeak as it started opening. I hesitated before following the guy once the opening got big enough to pas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter