Chapter 4

Can I Have This Dance?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Four

 

Taeyeon took a deep breath, still scolding herself for being too emotional over a keychain. A keychain. But then, was it really just because of that? Or was it because of something else? She couldn’t answer that question herself. Whatever the reason maybe, she doesn’t have any idea what it could be.

 

She’s been spacing out a lot while at the restaurant, trying to get by her shift. T. Does her name starts with a T too? Now that I think of it, she looked really familiar. She shook her head and finished cleaning a table before heading to the kitchen.

 

She still has about three hours left in her shift but she just couldn’t get her head straight so she went to Sunkyu’s office and asked if it is okay for her to leave early and will just make up her hours tomorrow. Sunkyu let her off, telling her to take tomorrow off but she just shrugged and said that she’ll think about it and let her know.

 

Once reaching home, after changing in a more comfortable clothes, she went to the kitchen and made herself some ramyun. She brought it with her to the couch and ate in front of the TV as she watched some re-runs. But, her eyes kept darting from the TV to the little box that was sitting on top of the small table in front of her.

 

She let out a deep breath before placing her bowl on the table and taking the box. She opened it and took the keychain out.

 

“It’s just a keychain. A gift. A token of gratitude, I guess. But, seriously why did I just get too emotional because of this?”

 

She groaned. “It’s not like I’m going to see her again. Maybe?”

 

Deep inside though, she was hoping, wishing that she could see the girl again. Perhaps, at least know her name or something.

 

She stood up, brought her unfinished ramyun to the sink and turned the lights and TV off. Then, she returned to the couch and re adjusted her position until she laid on the small couch, making her petite body fit as much as possible which sort of failed as her feet were resting on the other end – the arm rest – and was dangling. She clutched the keychain tightly on one hand and draped her other arm on her eyes.

 

Her mind was swimming through all sorts of thoughts until it finally reached and rested on the girl she’s been curious about.

 

A faint smile could be seen on her lips as she remembered that beautiful side profile. And, it faded when she saw those empty yet still beautiful eyes.

 

***

 

Taeyeon groaned when she was awaken with a start by her buzzing phone. She turned her body away but can still hear the nonstop buzzing. She huffed before finally exerting some effort in trying to open up her eyes – which met the bright sun rays that were peeking through the curtains.

 

She turned her body once again, eyes squinting, as she reached for her phone. The buzzing has stopped. She checked and saw a couple messages and missed calls, all from Yuri. Her brows furrowed, as she racked her brain out, trying to get out of the drowsy state that she’s in.

 

She then checked the time and was surprised that she was up late. And before she could even think of what to do next, her phone started buzzing again. Yuri.

 

She cleared before answering the call.

 

“Hello? Taeyeon?”

 

“Ye-yeah. Hello?”

 

“Sorry. Did I disturb you? I was just hoping I could catch you.”

 

“No. You’re good. Is there something I can help you with?”

 

She heard her taking a deep breath form the other line. “Well, I just wanna ask if you’re free today. I mean you know if you wanna come over to the academy today and have a little tour or something? My friends will all be there today, so I thought that it might be a great time for you to you know just look around, think about it and stuff.”

 

She’s very persuasive and energetic alright. “Well…”

 

“Anytime today would be good. It doesn’t matter if it’s after lunch or late afternoon or after dinner. Just let me know.” Yuri continued on, obviously wanting for Taeyeon to meet up with her.

 

Taeyeon were weighing her options. I guess it wouldn’t be that bad to have a look. “Su-sure. I’ll text you when I’ll be over, I guess.”

 

“Great! I’ll see you, Taeyeon! Bye!”

 

“Bye.”

 

Taeyeon sighed as she stared at her phone. “What did I just get myself into?” She mumbled to herself.

 

She shook her head off trying to get the thoughts out. After a few minutes, she dialed Sunkyu’s number telling her that she’ll take up on her offer last night to take the day off.

 

She took her time getting ready. She had a peaceful breakfast. She cleaned around her little, humble apartment. She even did a quick laundry before finally deciding to send Yuri a message saying that she’ll be on her way soon.

 

She received a quick response and she can feel the excitement from the girl even just through a text.

 

“Just how much energy does that girl even have?” She muttered.

 

She took one last look of herself on the mirror, fixing her hair and straightening out her shirt. She took a deep breath and when she was finally satisfied with her look, she headed for the door. She made sure that she locked the front door before walking towards the bus stop.

 

Usually, she would just walk towards her destination. But, seeing the address she knows it would take her forever just to get there thus she chose to ride the bus.

 

Taeyeon found herself sitting at the back of the bus after about five minutes of waiting by the stop. Her eyes wandered around, seeing different people from different walks in life – there were quite a few men wearing a nice suit, women with children and babies with them, older women seated at the front seats, teenagers with their blasting loud music that you can hear from their headphones.

 

It took the bus about half an hour to get her to her destination. She stepped out of the bus and followed a path that led to the academy. The academy was a little hidden from the busy streets.

 

And, Taeyeon was in awe when she saw the rather impressive building in front of her. It was beyond her expectations. It was different from the other ones that she already have seen and been to. She stared and took the beauty that could be the answer to her dream that she has been chasing almost all her life.

 

She was finally taken out of her trance when she heard a group of people laughing and joking around, coming out of the big, wooden heavy doors. She let them pass by before finding her way towards the door. Even with it just being doors, she finds it quite a bit intimidating. Perhaps because of how big it is compared to her petite figure.

 

She pushed one door open and let herself in. Her jaw dropped as soon as she got in. If the outside was impressive enough to put her in awe, she couldn’t even describe in words how she feels right now seeing what’s inside – what it really has to offer.

 

She quickly took her phone out and dialed Yuri’s number. She exhaled in relief when her call was answered right away.

 

“H-hi Yuri. It’s Taeyeon.”

 

“Taeyeon, my friend! Are you here yet?”

 

“Y-yeah. I am actually.”

 

“Cool! I’m so excited. Wait, where are you at?”

 

“Uhm, by the doors. The entrance.”

 

“Omo. What kind of host I am, making you wait. I’m on my way. Be right there.”

 

“Okay. Thanks.”

 

Taeyeon walked a few steps away from the door and let her eyes roam and explore the spacious front lobby.

 

Few minutes later, she saw Yuri appearing from her left, waving at her rather too excitedly.

 

“Taeyeon!!!”

 

She grimaced a bit on how loud the girl could be. She gave her a smile in return, a bit awkward though, and waved back as well.

 

“So glad you’re able to make it.”

 

“Yeah. Thank you for inviting me.”

 

“Nah. It’s nothing really. Come on. Let me introduce you to my friends first then I can give you a tour.” Yuri took Taeyeon’s wrist and pulled the girl along with her. “So what do you think so far? Nice huh?”

 

“Yeah, actually it is. It’s more than nice even.” Taeyeon answered back while trying to keep up with Yuri’s quick steps.

 

“Most of the interior was designed by my two friends. They’re really cool and awesome. I mean all these ideas, all came from them and they were able to put life to this academy through these.” Yuri paused, then halted in front of a double door. “Well, I hope you’re ready to meet my friends. Don’t worry. They’re really nice.” Yuri opened the door and greeted everyone rather loudly, again. “Hellooooo everyone!”

 

“Oh my god, unnie, will you stop being hyper?” said the tallest among the girls who were in the room.

 

Yuri chuckled. “You know the answer to that already, Yoong. By the way, before I forget, I want you all to meet someone. Everyone, this is Taeyeon.”

 

All eyes were now on the petite girl.

 

“Taeyeon, that blonde girl over there, that’s Hyoyeon.” Taeyeon bowed towards her. Yuri giggled at the gesture. “The one sitting next to her, that’s Jessica.” Taeyeon bowed again. “And that one, standing, that’s Yoona.” And, Taeyeon repeated the same gesture making both Yoona and Yuri giggle.

 

“You don’t have to be too formal around me…uhm unnie? Can I call you that? I think you’re about the same age as them.”

 

“Ye-yes. Of course.”

 

Taeyeon was surprised when the younger girl ran to her and gave her a hug. Her hands were frozen to her sides, eyes wide open.

 

“Okay, Yoong, please don’t scare my friend here.” Yuri then pried off Yoona’s arms that were around Taeyeon.

 

Hyoyeon and Jessica shook hands with Taeyeon as they all mumbled quick hellos.

 

“I asked her to come so she can have a look at what we can offer her. She’s been going around and tried over at the different schools but well as you can see.”

 

Taeyeon blushed as she hears Yuri telling her story to her friends.

 

“But then, I bumped into her again and saw that she’s holding one of our flyers and business card. Apparently, that last school she went to gave it to her. So what do you guys think?”

 

“Well, if she really has it, why not?” Hyoyeon shrugged.

 

Jessica shrugged as well. “Fine by me too. Same process as the others too though?”

 

“Of course! I invited her over today just to take a look so she can think about my offer.” She turned to Taeyeon. “What do you think, Taeyeon?”

 

“Sounds good to me. I really appreciate it. Thank you.” And she gave them all a bow.

 

“No problem.” Jessica said.

 

“Let’s go then. Let me be your tour guide. Yoona, wanna come with us?”

 

“Yes, unnie!”

 

“Dinner later? Hyo? Sica?”

 

The two gave Yuri a thumbs up. Yuri then led both Taeyeon and Yoona out to start with their tour.

 

*****

 

She’s been sulking and sitting – facing that one corner of the rather a bit huge of a room – while muttering and groaning to herself for being dragged out of her bed and brough

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter