Acting

You Look So Cool

They all sat in a dark room where the only light came from a small floor lamp on the other side of the room. The table was clean except for the few objects that were scattered across it. The sad thing about Jimin was his need for the drugs that they packaged and sold out on the streets. Whether it was that terrible white powder, or alcohol depending on his mood, Jimin was addicted and it wasn't long before she was too. They were both on a downwards spiral of addiction but they were together and that was the fuel to their addiction, love. The only thing their friends could do was watch and it tore them apart.

 


 

A few days had passed since the incident and the robbery was soon pushed aside as bigger events had occurred since then. She had ignored Jimin and Jungkook as much as she could those past few days even though her efforts would always fail as soon as she saw Jungkook. She felt bad for him. She didnt know why he was involved with them but all she knew was that they only had each other and did what they could to survive.

She understood that part because she only had Kyungsoo and Baekhyun but Kyungsoo had an actual job whereas Jimin and his friends were only able to sell drugs. Getting a job was hard and they were grateful for the dirty money they got so they dealt with it for the meantime. They were hopeful that things would change over time and they wouldn't have to sell drugs to survive in the future. As for now, surviving the rough parts of their lives was the most important in their minds.

She was sitting in the front of the school waiting for Baekhyun when Jimin appeared in front of her. "Why are you avoiding me?" Jimin looked tired. He had dark circles under his eyes and his hair was a mess, she hadn't noticed his appearance during class. She almost felt bad for him.

"Can you please answer me? I'm sorry about what happened last week. I didn't mean for you to find out about all that, I just thought about your safety." Jimin looked at her while keeping his distance. "It's okay if you don't want to be friends with me but we still have our project so can you please stop acting like you don't know me?" She had forgotten about the project.

"Sorry, Jimin. I didn't mean to make you feel like that. I just needed some time."

He cracked a smile, "Do you want to go to my place to do the project or do you suggest somewhere else?" Before she could answer Baekhyun was standing in between them glaring at Jimin.

"I assume you must be Jimin." Baekhyun was angry.

"Yeah I'm Jimin, I was just asking her about our plans for our school project." He glared back, he knew she and Baekhyun were only friends but the way he acted toward her made Jimin realiZe that Baekhyun had feelings for her.

"I can't let you go out with her even if it's for school. She has a curfew and she broke that rule the other night saying she was with someone named Jimin." Baekhyun grabbed her arm and began to drag her away. "I don't care if you two made plans to go to the library but she's grounded. Goodbye Jimin." She let herself be dragged by Baekhyun to his car and climbed in.

She wasn't going to fight him, besides Jimin and Jungkook he was her only friend and basically her second brother. Kyungsoo took her to school and Baekhyun picked her up from school. That was how she could have avoided what happened the other day. She still pulled out her phone and sent Jimin a text.

...

Baekhyun had taken her home and told Kyungsoo about his encounter with Jimin and determined that she was not allowed to be friends with him. Kyungsoo agreed after they had an argument in his room while she sat in the living room. All her life choices were made by Bakehyun and Kyungsoo. She was tired of it.

The trio sat around the table eating dinner when a knock was heard on the door. Kyungsoo immediately ran to open the door only to be faced with Jimin standing there, books in one hand and a plastic bag in the other. At first, Kyungsoo thought that this kid was trying to sell him something but realized he wouldn't be so well dressed if he was poor. 

"Are you Jimin? Why are you here?" Kyungsoo asked, eyeing the bag Jimin held in his right hand. He was always incredibly strict when it came to guys and especially when Baekhyun told him about Jimin he was even more strict. She couldn't be hanging out with thugs or gangsters, Kyungsoo wouldn't allow it.

"I came to do the project with her. We're partners and I can't do it on my own and neither can she." Jimin said respectfully. He knew that if he was nice with her brother then Baekhyun could possibly change his mind about him. It was a long shot but it never hurt to try.

"How did you get here?" Kyungsoo questioned him. "Did you follow her home?"

"I gave him our address." She stood up from her seat and made her way to the door. "If Baekhyun won't let me do the project anywhere else then I told Jimin to come. I don't want to fail." She grabbed Jimin's hand and dragged him inside closing the door after proceeding to go to her room.

"Where are you going? You're doing the project at the table." Baekhyun stood up. "If he's going to be here then I don't want you two alone." Typical Baekhyun.

"It's not like he's going to give me drugs. It's homework." She ignored Baekhyun and took Jimin to her room. If he was going to be here she wanted him to be as far away from her overprotective brothers as they could be. She still left the door unlocked. The last thing she needed was for those idiots to be banging on her door demanding to be let in.

They worked on the project for a few hours while trying to keep the two from barging in and ruining their focus. Since they both had done some research by themselves during the few days since they were assigned the project. So instead of speding most of their time finding out what to say about the project they already had an idea for it smoothly allowing them to put more work into the project itself.

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun had stopped bugging them when they had finally trusted that they were doing their work. They knew she was a hardworker and always got good grades but now that she had a friend they new that friends could easily make you change your opinions on everything. They did not want her forgetting about school and what was really important but did they really think she wasn't going to do her work?

Jimin was very anxious during their project session and showed it whenever she would look him in the eyes. Was he running late for something, she thought. She thought about what she had said earlier to Baekhyun. 'Its not like he's going to give me drugs.' Did she offend him? She brushed it off and got to work on the larger details while Jimin did the smaller ones. 

The project was finished around 10 pm and Jimin began to pack his things into the bag. He had finally decided to ask her what he'd been wanting to know the whole time but seeing how focused she was only made him more nervous to ask that stupid question he was thinking of.

"So, are you okay with meeting my friends? Formally?" Jimin asked quietly to get her attention. A few seconds passed when he noticed she wasn't really paying attention, She was falling asleep so  he asked the question again. She must have heard him because she nodded and pulled herself up and made her way to her bed. "Okay. I'll see you tomorrow then, goodnight." Jimin helped her out by cleaning up the room quickly, turned off the light and quietly closed the door after he stepped out.

He was on his way out of the apartment when Kyungsoo quietly called his name from the door opposite from her's. When Jimin turned around to face him, Kyungsoo was behind him with his hand out to shake Jimin's leaving the younger confused at his suddenly nice gesture. He shook it anyways. 

"Don't worry about Baekhyun. He's still worried about the other night is all. I don't think anything bad about you so you're fine with me. I'll see you soon?"  Jimin smiled and accepted his indirect invation to return. He thanked Kyungsoo before walking out and making his way back to his own apartment.

He walked down a different road than usual to meet up with the rest of the gang and began doing his share of the dirty work, selling. It wasn't until around three in the morning when they made enough money for the night and began to head home.

Once in his bed he shared with Jungkook, Jimin pulled out his phone and searched for her contact information. He sent a text to her phone which he was sure she wouldn't read until she woke up for school. He just wanted it to be the first thing she thought about when she woke up that morning.

Jimin: "Do you think I'll be stuck doing this for the rest of my life?"

He knew that she'd understand what he meant by this, the drugs. By this time next year he knew he'd probably be in jail or six feet deep into addiction. He just wanted reassurance that this too shall pass and no one was excluded. His phone then lit up with her name. 

Her: "Only if you let it go so far."

Her: "If you want something to change, you have to go change it yourself."

Her: "Anyways, nice job cleaning up my room. It was a mess in there. :) "

 

 

 


 

cute. i updated today bc i am so hungry and since i already ate mcdonalds today i though i'd get some excercise done and after that i got pooped out so here I am ;A;

short chapter is short sorry :(