The Beginning

You Look So Cool

It was snowing on the day we returned back to school from our winter break. Usually I'd be excited to be back from winter break but this wasn't necessarily a normal winter break. I'm not talking about a fun break like visiting a ski resort or something like that. I was engaged in something I had never thought I would be doing with people I never thought I'd be hanging around.

Of course, people knew who I was now but the school enviornment wasn't the same anymore. There was memorial for the students who had passed away over break, I knew them both, and they were placed in front of our doors so everyone could see them as they walked in. At least they had the moral to place them somewhere visible but it still didn't take my guilt away. I was the reason they were dead however, I still placed a rose in front of both photos. I'm sorry.

Of course I can't blame myself entirely for the tragedy that took place but, I was there when it took place I was a part of it. That was unfortunately a fact that I can't force out of my mind and it will never leave my mind. I'm a murderer walking amongst these students and they don't even know I was there.

Lets get back to where everything started and to where it should have never started.

 

 

2 Months Before:

"I can't believe it." Kyungsoo muttered as he chewed his food slowly. "Why out of all the people did I have to be stuck with you as a sister." She puched his shoulder and took another piece of her brother's poptart, "You want me to eat more so why are you complaining if I take one bite of your breakfast." She grinned knowing she won the argument; her brother was too stupid to fight back. Not necessarily stupid but, slow as in he never had a proper comeback for anything despite his age.

"Whatever, just come home immediantly after school. Baekhyun said he'd be here so you wouldn't have to wait outside." He threw her backpack at her as she stepped out of the car with another piece of his poptart. "Next time you eat some of my food I'm going to kill you!" He drove off quickly.

She took the steps up into her school and made her way to her class just as she had done every weekday morning. Nothing unsual about this morning except they started the annual mandatory science fair and she was yet again left without a partner. "Its okay. You'll do fine without a partner Ace." her teacher gave her a slight pat on the back. He called her Ace because she was the only student that was passing each subject and science was her best.

Classes rolled on until it was mid day and she went to lunch only to be greeted with the scent of rotten fruit; the lunch ladies forgot to throw the apples away again. She sat down in her usual empty table and ate her lunch slowly savoring the sweet food her brother had prepared. No one ever approached her because she had this aura around her that threw everybody out of her path she missed the student interaction.

She was about halfway through with her lunch when a random kid set his tray on the table and took the seat opposite of her, "Hi noona. I hope its okay if I sat down here because I'm new here and I haven't found my friends yet." He was adorable but since was full she only nodded agreeing to let his stranger sit down at her table. 

"Thank you noona, I'm pretty sure they can spot me with my hair would you mind if they sat here too?" He asked, turning his head to the side. Cute. She nodded while swallowing her food, "I need friends anyways."

They introduced themselves to each other and traded contact information. His name was Jungkook but he preferred that she called him Kookie. As soon as she gave him back his phone after putting in her number two other boys arrived at the table, obviously showing they were Kookie's friends by glomping him and ruffling his hair. No names were given as they engaged in immediate conversation leaving her out, so she threw her trash and got up to go to her class. She felt someone staring her down and she assumed it was Kookie wondering why she left so abruptly.

Lunch was over by the time she slowly arrived at her class and made her way to her seat. Her teacher was never surprised that she was the first one to arrive since she was like that all semester. He was surprised by an unfamiliar face walking into his classroom with a yellow slip. New student? It wasn't Jungkook so she guessed it was one of his friends that arrived as she left.

The only seat that was available was next to hers so the teacher directed him to the back of the class where she was sitting at. "I guess I found your science fair partner! You should give him a tour after school let him get familiar with the school. I can't, I have plans. She thought but only showed her teacher a small smile; she wasn't giving this guy a tour.

"You should really learn not to walk away from someone before saying goodbye." the new kid muttered under his breath as students came in one by one. "It's rude."

She was taken back by his comment because she should've been introduced to the two guys but was instead ignored and left to be gazed at by the boy who was currently sitting next to her. "A lady should not have to wait to be introduced. If she was not introduced then she should leave if she pleases." She stared him straight in the eye. "It's rude." She mocked his tone leaving him with a smirk on his face.

"My name is Park Jimin and I am your science partner." he said as he took her hand to shake it. "I dance and I already know your name."

Well that escalated quickly.

"Nice to meet you Jimin. I don't dance and I have plans after school so I can't take you touring, sorry." She shook his hand and returned the smirk. Is this considered flirting? "We'll see about that." he turned his attention to the front of the class where the teacher was beginning the lecture on evolution. "This is our topic so pay close attention."

...

The bell had rung notifying the end of the school day and kids were eagerly grabbing their bags and books before heading out. She was one of the first ones out of he class leaving Jimin behind in his seat only until he headed out quickly behind her. She wasn't that far away but he wanted to see if she really did have plans or she just wanted to get away from him. She stopped in front of a male figure and quickly hugged him when he looked down at her. She has a boyfriend.

 

 

\\\\

 

Chapter one, fin.