chapter thirteen

Of Bullets and Red Converse
Beginning of something more? How about the beginning of more awkward moments.
 
That morning when Chaekyung had opened the door to head down for breakfast, Jimin had just about walked out the toilet with only a towel around his waist. It wasn’t as if he was (oh, how much she had wished he were, ert much) but she had let out a ear piercing scream which sent Jimin screaming and then the whole house was woken up. Mr Moon was in a bath robe, still tying it as he ran, when he came with almost every one of the maids and butlers. “My darling, what has happening?!” He looked from a half- Jimin to an embarrassed Chaekyung who had her hands over , staring around her. Jimin too was really surprised, not to mention embarrassed himself since he was standing in front of almost everyone in the house with his laundry in his hands and only a towel to cover him up. Chaekyung apologized to them all, saying she had watched a horror movie last night and is now suffering from side effects so she was startled by Jimin’s sudden appearance by her door.
 
When everyone had turn to leave—clearly upset from being woken up from their sleep or abandoning their duties, Chaekyung faced Jimin who also happened to be looking right at her. They were staring at each other for a good few seconds when her eyes trailed off from his eyes down to his half concealed body. Immediately, Jimin realized in what state he currently was and dashed for his room, almost dropping the towel in the process. His door slammed shut and Chaekyung could hear light cursing from behind his door. Her own face was red too and she had to hit herself multiple times to get all the dirty thoughts she had at that moment in her head. And it also seemed like Dahee had told Mr Moon all about the Halloween Night because as soon as Chaekyung sat at the table and had just took a slight sip from her grape juice, Mr Moon had already started bombarding her with tons of questions.
 
“How’s the food last night?”
 
“Anything interesting you wish to tell?”
 
“So I heard my Jewel is the Underworld Queen! See? I knew you’d be the star of the night with your costume!”
 
“What about Jimin? I also heard he danced. That boy is one talented fellow.”
 
“Oh, and Mr Lee called saying you danced with his son. Anything I should know, dearest?”
 
“Any kissing going on between my baby girl and any guys?”
 
Chaekyung choked on her drink at the last question. She started coughing, hitting on her chest hard but failed to stop her coughing fits. Dahee ran up to the young lady and patted on her back lightly. Miraculously, her cough did stop but she had wished at that moment it hadn’t. Because Jimin had appeared out of nowhere and was sitting just opposite her. His eyes were wide as saucers and cheeks were lightly painted with pink. Clearly he had managed to hear the last question. Chaekyung averted her eyes to her father and notice his expression. His eyebrows were raised; tease and suspicion swirled in his dark brown pools. Chaekyung cleared and shook her head, aware that Jimin’s body has gotten less stiff than it were before. She managed to survive through breakfast without too much questions about any more kissing or skinship but her father did seem rather interested in her little dance with Lee Junhyeon.
 
“That Junhyeon kid seems really nice. Have you gotten to know him more over the weeks since you’ve entered Olympus High, Chaekyung?” Her father asked, eyes on his bacon as he cut a small piece before putting it in his mouth, munching slowly. Chaekyung gave it her father’s question some thought. Do I know him well? We did talk a bit. Occasionally meeting in classes and also around school grounds. But nothing I know is something other’s don’t so nothing special I guess. “Well, I think I’ve gotten a chance or two to speak with him. We do meet around in school and during classes. However I don’t think we’re like the best of friends or anything. Why do you ask, Father?” Chaekyung kept looking at Mr Moon but that man was avoiding eye contact. Hmm, something is definitely up, that she knew. Even Jimin thought it was weird too. Mr Moon wasn’t someone who’d talked to you and just keep his eyes elsewhere. Something’s fishy here. Mr Moon picked up his napkin and dabbed over his mouth, taking his own sweet time to answer his daughter’s question. Everyone was patiently waiting. Even Dahee was still stuck at the corner with the pitcher in her hand, still not gone into the kitchen to refill it with juice since Mr Moon had asked such a weird question.
 
Finally, he looked up and met the girl’s eyes. He took a little breathe and spoke clearly. One word at a time. “His father and I are business partners, I’m sure you know that. So there are things which could bring benefits to our little relationship in this field. Say, a bridge where the two families could meet? You know… a… bond?” And right there, Chaekyung knew what in the world her father meant. Marriage. Or at least for her age, a relationship. Maybe early engagement. Between Junhyeon and her. Her eyes were not blinking and possibly her heart too had stop pumping for a mere second. Her father waiting for a reaction but his daughter sat frozen in her chair. How do I answer this? Before Chaekyung could open , a shattering sound came from the kitchen. All of them jumped a little in our chairs and instantly a young maid ran out of the kitchen and bowed deeply.
“Oh no, Masters and Miss! I am deeply sorry for interrupting! There was a rat in the kitchen and I was startled and-and- I tried to kill it but it ran my way and I panicked and-,” she stammered on her words, tears already forming in her eyes. Mr Moon sighed and waved her concern off with an assuring smile.
“It’s alright, Minhee. It was an accident after all. Be careful when you clean up the glass pieces. Butler So, please ring up the pest exterminator. I don’t fancy the idea of having rats in my house.”
 
As he spoke, his eyes travelled over the wall clock and he let out a slight gasp. “Well, time surely passed fast. I’m going to be late for my meeting. Now, Chaekyung please, don’t put my words into too much thought. Nothing has been decided. It’s just something two old men discussed when we had our coffee session. See you tonight, my Jewel.” He walked up to her and planted a light kiss on the crown of her head before leaving for the door to the waiting limo outside with Mr Han taking his briefcase from him.
 
Sure her father had told her not to think too much about his words but with such a statement, how could she possibly forget? Homework she could but this? She had already starting to go far in thought that she didn’t realize Jimin was staring at her hard. He could see the lightness in her blue eyes, a hint she’s far from Earth now, deep in thought. What an amazing way to start my morning, he thought. It’s not even 9am and he’s already thinking of a way to get rid of that Junhyeon guy so he could have the heiress for himself.
 
Everything was a buzz in school. Seems to be that everyone was still hyped about Halloween Night. During lunch, Sanjana and Yoomi and Sonia were crowded around Chaekyung bugging her to tell any juicy details between her and Jimin. Of course, she had nothing to tell. “Nothing, really. After that almost kiss, nothing much has gotten between us. We barely spoke. It’s seriously awkward.” Chaekyung groaned, burying her face in the palm of her hands. Yoomi wrapped her arms around her friend and runs her hands up and down the latter’s arms to offer comfort. “It’s alright, dear. Things would turn out just how it should in time. Just keep your fingers crossed.”
 
Sonia nodded in agreement along with Sanjana. “So, you like him, don’t you? Even though it’s so obvious that you’ve been crushing on him ever since.” Sonia gave a ‘I know it all’ face as she asked Chaekyung. Without hesitation, the blue-eyed girl nodded which sent the other three squealing and high fiving each other. Chaekyung’s eyebrows creased as she gave her friends a weird look. “Why does my answer need such a huge reaction? You guys act as if I’ve never liked any other guy in my life and this is my first love or something.” Well, technically speaking he is the first guy I’ve ever had a crush on since I was like 5 and so which also means he is my first love. Those words was spoken by the angel in her head but Chaekyung chose to ignore it and huffed her fringe away from her forehead before slumping her head into her folded arms and closed her eyes.
 
Jimin was in class, looking out the window and just totally muting out his Chemistry lessons when something flew and hit him on his right lower jaw. He turned, glaring at a guilty Taehyung who pointed at something on his desk. He looked away and saw a scrunched paper ball sitting on his opened and unattended Chemistry book. He picked up and smoothen the paper cautiously so Mr. Hwang won’t catch him not paying attention. There was a poorly drawn figure which looks like himself (thanks to the arrow that Taehyung drew and label it as You) who’s also staring out the window and there was also a cloud above his head with a girl drawn inside of it. The girl was of course, Moon Chaekyung, since his friend even took the effort into colouring her eyes (more like two big circles on a small face) in blue. And the drawn version of him had pink hearts fluttering around him. Seriously, what boy in the world would own a hot pink ink pen in his pencil case? Jimin crumpled the paper and hid it under his desk before turning to Taehyung and mouthing, ”I’m so NOT thinking of her okay?” which made Taehyung giggled out loud and catching the teacher’s attention.
 
“Is there something funny about my lesson, Kim Taehyung? I’d be happy if you’ll share it in front of the class.” Mr Hwang pushed his wire-rimmed glasses higher and gave the boy a stone hard glare.
 
Taehyung wore his cheeky smile and said, “Not really. I just pictured Smurfs running around the classroom because I got bored a while ago. They’re all gone now so yeah, do continue Mr Hwang!” The students snickered at the boy’s word, annoying Mr Hwang as he slapped his wooden ruler against the table and quieting down the class again. He pointed it at Taehyung and gave him one final warning look. “Try being funny in my class again, Mr Kim and I won’t hesitate to give you a big F for your next Chemistry test.”
 
Jimin stared at his friend, not believing how kids these days could be so chill with teachers like Mr Hwang teaching and brushing off his warning as if it were a fly. Taehyung turned and sent Jimin a secretive wink. “I know you are. We’ll get to it later.” He spoke softly before pointing ahead to the board where Mr Hwang was scribbling notes and saying something about whoever who doesn’t hand in the notes by the end of the class would get detention and like that, Jimin grabbed whatever functioning pen he had on his desk and his hand started flying across his open notebook.
 
When the bell rang, the class monitor started collecting their books to hand in to the teacher. Jimin was just about ready to leave for his next class when Hoseok came and pushed his shoulder, making him fall back into his chair. Taehyung bounced and sat on his desk, swinging his long legs as he started intensely at the male before him. “Oh come on guys! I have class now. Can’t we just talk later? We three will be meeting for dance later right?” Jimin whined and got up again before Hoseok pressed his shoulders down and made sure he had no plans on leaving anytime soon.
“Now, spill. Did you or did you not ask Chaekyung out? Or even confess?” Taehyung interrogated.
Jimin groaned, rolling his eyes. “Seriously?! Can I just like go? I don’t want to—,”
“Oh no you don’t!” Hoseok wagged his finger in front of the latter’s face, shushing him in mid-sentence. “After that almost kiss you pulled off that night with Chaekyung, I know for sure that you like her. A lot”
 
Jimin was surprised that his friends actually saw that. Well, come to think of it, he bet almost the whole school did. But all he could muster at that moment was a loud sigh. Taehyung and Hoseok looked at each other with a curious look on their faces.
 
“Dude, you’re not too chicken to confess now, aren’t you?” Taehyung raised an eyebrow.
 
“Hell no I’m not!” Jimin barked, shocking both Taehyung and Hoseok.
 
Jimin, cheeks flaring, picked up his bag from the side of his table and got up, pushing against Hoseok’s strength. He turned around over his shoulder and sent a sorry look to his friends who were both clearly confused with the sudden change of mood. “It’s not as easy as you think. Things are… rather complicated. With me and Chaekyung. I do like her, a lot. And no, I’m not scared of confessing. But I fear of the consequences that lie in the future with my actions now and I don’t want that. Because… I don’t want my girl getting hurt.” The two boys looked as if a huge bomb just went off in their minds judging by their huge blank expressions. Jimin shook his head and replied monotone, “I’ll just see you guys during dance class. I’m already running late.”
 
When Jimin left, the two boys glanced at each other. “Did you hear what I just heard?” Hoseok pointed at the direction Jimin once was at. Taehyung nodded, mouth slightly hanging open. “Sounds so drama script-ish. You sure Jimin is a regular 17 year old boy and not some actor who’s come to our school to scout for new talent?” Hoseok nudged him hard before whining, ruffling his hair in irritation. “Yah, Kim Taehyung! How can you only tell me this now?! I just lost my chance to becoming a famous actor! Now I can’t never be like Lee Byunghun sunbae.”
 
Taehyung rolled his eyes before smacking the lad on the back of his head. “Stop saying impossible things, you punk.”
 
Hoseok fumed. His blood boiled as steam could be pictured coming out of his ears as he growled at his friend. “What the hell did you just say?! You! You’re so going to get it this time!” Taehyung took off running out with Hoseok chasing him closely, their laughter erupting in the empty hallways.
 
“So so, what are you guys going to do for the one week break?”
 
Sanjana shrugged at Sonia’s question. Yoomi tapped her chin in thought before answering, “I think my dad is going to take us to Paris. My mom has been begging to see the Eiffel Tower since forever. I heard it was the place where they met so I guess they wanted to make this anniversary something special.” The three girls awed at the thought. Principal Shin must be such a romantic. Sonia turned towards Chaekyung, walking backwards as she talked. “So what about you, buddy? Any plans?”
“Hmm? Nah. I don’t think so. My dad is usually too busy to go on holidays. I might just end up staying at home, completing assignments.” Chaekyung chose her words carefully. Sanjana’s nose crinkled at the idea as she shook her head. “Ew. Homework? During breaks? You’re insane, Moon Chaekyung.” Chaekyung whacked her friend on the arm playfully before sticking out her tongue at the girl.
 
“You know, if I’m around during the break maybe we can go hang out together! I need to revamp my closet so I’d definitely need your help, Sanju. And you too, Chaekyung! You seem to know a lot about fashion too.” Sonia clapped in glee. Chaekyung chuckled lightly but deep down, she hoped they won’t ask much about the fashion part since she didn’t want it to be a big deal. Probably it won’t since Sanjana’s mom is also a fashion designer but just recently, a news broke on TV stating that Glitterix has rose into fame as many popular fashion icons have been wearing their creations and that the company is earning billions by the week. What made Chaekyung and her family worried is that someone inside had also revealed that the child to the CEO of Glitterix is here in Korea and that it’ll be good to meet the jewel of the jewel of fashion. Sure, it may seem harmless but knowing for the fact that the CEO of Glitterix is also the wife of a wealthy businessman and close to being a multi-billionaire in Korea, it’s not impossible for someone to get a hold of anything they can have against for the money and fortunes of the Moon family. And this is why I hate being an heiress and child to a rich family, Chaekyung thought.
 
Two fingers snapped in front of Chaekyung’s face. She blinked, coming back to reality. Her three friends stared at her, concern swirling in their eyes. “Chaekyung? Are you okay? You were away just now. Did I bore you with my talking?” Sonia looked a little hurt and Chaekyung quickly shook her head before wrapping her arms around the Chinese girl. “No no, babe. I am just a little tired from class. Of course, I enjoy your talking. And your plans sound super good to me! I’ll update you if I ever end up having last minute plans. But don’t hesitate to call when you’re heading out shopping, I need to get more comfy sweaters and pants to wear.” The other girls were just about to go on about how she should wear something that could show her pretty long legs when Chaekyung’s limo drove up the school compound and Mr. Han came out to open the passenger door for her.
 
“I’ll Skype when I get home!” Chaekyung shouted out of her window as the limousine drove out and headed for home. When she wind up the window, she turned to see that Jimin wasn’t around. “Mr. Han, where’s Park Jimin?” The elder man looked at her through the rear mirror. “I received his call saying that he’ll be coming home on his own since he has other things to attend to. Is there anything I can do for you, sunshine?” Instantly, Chaekyung felt a slump in her stomach. Was he avoiding her? Did he still find it awkward around her? She didn’t know why her heart ached so much. Her chest felt as if something was pressing against it and it’s getting a little hard to breathe. She just shook her head to Mr. Han before facing the window again and kept quiet throughout the journey back home.
 
Just as she reached the entrance of her mansion, Chaekyung crossed paths with her father who was looking ready to head out somewhere looking prim and proper. However, instead of his usual suit and tie, he wore formal casuals which made him look so much younger and less strict. “Father? Heading somewhere?” She stopped in front of her father and blinked up at him. She even took notice that her father had a package wrapped in pretty present paper in his hand as he tried to hide it behind his back. Hmm, why does this feel a little off? Chaekyung tried keeping her eyes away from the present and looked up to meet her father’s gazes.
“I am heading out to the airport to meet someone. Minhye would make something for dinner so don’t worry, we’ll not getting a takeaway today.” Mr. Moon reached out to pinch his daughter’s cheek before walking into the limo. Mr. Han bowed, greeting his boss before getting into the car and driving off before Chaekyung could ask anything else. So in the end, she just ended up giving up and walking into the house.
 
In the evening, Chaekyung came down from her room to get something warm to drink before getting back to working on her homework. Just as she reached the kitchen entrance, she spotted Jimin in a wife beater with his back at her as he stirred something on the stove. She didn’t meant on creeping up on him but she found herself tiptoeing to the fridge. Just as she was trying to make sure Jimin didn’t notice her presence, Chaekyung’s leg got caught at the foot of the stool at the counter and she fell front on her knees on the floor. Jimin jumped and saw Chaekyung blowing her aching toe. He left his pot of ramen before running to Chaekyung’s side and picked her off the ground, seating her on the stool. “Are you okay? Why didn’t you pay attention to where you were walking? You could have fallen and hit the table and knives could fall on you, slicing your brain or something!” Chaekyung cringed at the image of her being in such a scene like in a Final Destination movie. “Wow, thanks a lot Jimin. You know how I love tripping around and ending up killing myself.”
 
Jimin touched her reddening toe lightly, making her wince in pain and forcing a hard punch on his strong arms. Jimin yelped, rubbing the part she boxed as he sent her a ‘You should be grateful look’ when the doorbell rang. Dahee hurried for the door and opened it. Just then, a high-pitched squeal rang through the house and Dahee could be heard choking and coughing. Jimin guided Chaekyung who hobbled to the living room and just then a petite figure dashed pass Chaekyung and slammed herself into Jimin, knocking Chaekyung making her fall on her . Chaekyung rolled to the side when she landed hard as Jimin got himself wrapped in a tight bear hug. Chaekyung looked up and saw a short girl snuggling into Jimin’s chest, squealing non-stop. Wait, isn’t this…  
 
Mr. Moon chuckled as he entered from outside the house, the butlers and maids attending to large suitcases which they carried with ease up the steps. Dahee came up to Chaekyung and helped her up on her feet, asking her if she was alright. The little girl still had her arms wrapped around Jimin, not wishing to let him go anytime soon that Chaekyung was starting to get annoyed. Dahee was as equally irritated by her constant squealing too.
 
“Why does your cousin have such a high pitch? Hasn’t she gone through puberty yet? My God.” Dahee covered both her ears and whispered in irritation.
 
My cousin?! This couldn’t be… Moon Saera?! The one who is super annoying, super manipulative, super bratty, super girly, and who also has this huge crush on Park Jimin?!
 
“Aren’t you eager to see your Jimin oppa again now, Saera-ah.” Mr. Moon stepped up next to his daughter. Chaekyung’s eyeballs almost popped out of their sockets when the girl finally released Jimin (he immediately hugged himself, rubbing his sore sides) and turned around. Moon Saera isn’t how she used to look years ago. Now at 15-years-old, she looks so different! Her once brown middle length hair was now silky and blonde, reaching her waist. Her height was still small but her figure made Chaekyung feel as if she was the 15-year-old. She had curves Chaekyung envied. And her eyes were a dazzling dark blue (contact lenses since she originally have the hazel brown Moon family eyes). She had a blinding smile as she fluffed her hair. “Of course I am! I spent hours prettifying myself to impress him after all. And, oh my, is that Chaekyung unnie? Wow, you’ve not changed a bit!” And now Saera was hugging Chaekyung, crushing her in her embrace. Chaekyung croaked a, “It’s good to meet you too, Saera,” before being released.
 
Mr Moon came to hug his niece before dropping a huge bomb on Chaekyung and Jimin. “Little darling Saera is having her holiday break too so she insisted on coming over. And since I have an amazing trip planned for you guys, I figured Saera could tag along with you guys to Jimin’s hometown. I know you missed home too long so I’m granting you the permission to spend your holidays with your family back in Busan. But I’m sorry for the slight inconvenience because I’m having my daughter and niece follow you back too, Jimin-ah.”
 
Chaekyung thought she was going to faint. Jimin was too excited that he was going back to register the fact that he had company with him this time round. Saera was as happy too, bouncing on her toes. This is so not happening  now… there goes my holidays. With the bratty princess Moon Saera! 
 
 

hey guys!! it's been months since my last update. I'm so sorry for the wait. I was super busy (and still am but I had to) that I couldn't update much but hopefully this will satisfy all of you. AND OMG HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THE NEW SICK TEASERS OF BANGTAN TELL ME JIMIN ISN'T SMOKING HOT IN THOSE GLASSES AND PILES OF PAPER HOLY SHIIITTT. Oh and to those who are interested in getting to know me personally and all, feel free to follow me on Twitter @zelosprincess and Tumblr jvnglo.com and also Instagram @sonyxnia AND THANKS FOR THE VOTES AND SUBBIES I LOVE YOU ALLLLLLL!!!!

13/7/2015 UPDATEE! I changed Saera's age to 14 from 12 because a gorgeous 12 year old sounds a little ridiculous. Though I did find some gorgeous 12 year olds, they were mostly from the States and Saera is Korean so yeah, I've decided to just changed it. Thanks for those who made me see this little 'mistake' I made and hopefully, I'll get to reply soon!! THANK YOUUUU