chapter twelve

Of Bullets and Red Converse
The once bare and plain hall of Olympus International High School was looking stunning this evening. The pillars around the entrance had black, white and red huge ribbons entwined around them and Jack-o’-lanterns were placed along the red carpet that led into the brightly lit hall. A huge banner with ‘Olympus International High School’s Halloween Night Special’ written on it hung on the top of the huge oak doors to the hall. Not to forget the deco stickers of mythical creatures were plastered around the venue. One by one, classy black limousines stopped in front of the entrance to let off the students dressed in various costumes. Mr. Han had dropped Jimin and Chaekyung just in front of the red carpet and had personally gone out of the car to open the passenger’s door for the corpse bride and Charlie Chaplin to step out.
“Have fun, sunshine.” Mr. Han dipped into a small bow at the young lady before entering the limo and drove off.
 
The two were left, gaping at the marvellous transformation of their school hall. Chaekyung could hear music blasting from inside the hall and when she turned to her side, she noticed how Jimin was thumping his feet to the beat. His head bobbed to the music as his eyes scanned around the area. When he turned, he saw Chaekyung grinning at him with that little twinkle in her eyes. Oh, she’s gonna laugh, he thought. He shook his head a bit and cleared his throat. With a slight pull on his collar, he grabbed the girl’s hand and took her into the party hall. Chaekyung was awestruck by the amount of effort the deco community had put into making this part alive! Everything was perfect to the core. They even got a freaking reddish-black chandelier hanging in the middle of the ceiling. “Now this is what I call an international school party! Man, I feel like the fees we pay are so worth it right now.” Jimin whistled as his eyes travelled along the walls of the halls to the refreshment table. He his lips and immediately jogged to the table, leaving Chaekyung to suffer in her heels. She had almost wanted to run along with him when a tap came to her shoulder. She glanced over and met face-to-face with Cat Woman, Princess Jasmine, Alice from Wonderland, Joker and…
 
“Are you supposed to be a prisoner?” Chaekyung blinked at the last lad who clapped his hand loudly, gesturing at her. “See? She got my costume right! And you people called me a hobo!”
 
Joker rolled his eyes before mumbling, “Oh please, Chaekyung is just trying to make you feel better, Hoseok. You suit the hobo look though, I’ve got to admit. I’d be too fabulous for such an outfit.” Hoseok almost pounced on the fellow when Taehyung stepped away from his arm’s reach and laughed, looping an arm around Chaekyung. “And you are one smoking hot corpse bride. May I?” With a playful glint in his eyes, he took Chaekyung’s hand and brought it up to his lips before lightly kissing her knuckles.
“Stop flirting with Chaekyung. She’s Jimin’s.” Cat Woman slapped him right on his head, sending him whimpering like a  hurt puppy.
Chaekyung giggled and hugged Sonia. “You look stunning! Now I’m glad I let you have the costume. I’d make a poor Cat Woman.” Sonia just waved her compliment off but Chaekyung could tell by the pinking cheeks behind her black mask she loved it.
 
“And look at you, Sanjana! You look amazing as Princess Jasmine. I predicted you would have gone with her though.” Chaekyung winked as the princess twirled in her custome, a replica to Princess Jasmine’s outfit—pale teal wedding satin with a crepe silk organza overlay, embellished with gold, blue and green lace applique with crystal sprinkled throughout the sleeves— to the point even she styled her hair like the Indian princess. Alice, who turned out to be Yoomi, waved at her and danced in her little black shoes. She looked extremely adorable as Alice. “Hey, Yoomi. After we graduate, you better dye your hair permanently. You suit blonde!” Yoomi grinned and twirled her locks between her fingers at Chaekyung’s compliment.
 
“Hey, where’s Jimin though?” Sonia stepped on her black boots in tiptoes to look over Chaekyung’s head.
 
In cue, Jimin walked up with a plate full of desserts and already half-stuffing his face with some cupcakes. Taehyung cheered as he went up to his friend and slapped him on the back hardly, making Jimin coughed out some crumbs and everyone had to run away as if he was spitting poison. “Look at Charlie Chaplin. Man, slow down on the cupcakes or you might start looking like Charlie Chipmunk-lin.” Jimin swallowed his food, glaring at Taehyung as he raised both his hands up in defeat, laughing. After a while, the group found an empty table around the corner and sat there enjoying the deserts. The girls were taking selfies while the boys were talking and admiring the music the DJ was playing. Just then, four shadows loomed over them. The boys were first to look up and suddenly, they were all high-fiving and doing some swag style handshake with the shoulder bumping, back-slapping as if they were homies or some sort. Hoseok grabbed onto a pirate by his shoulder and gestured towards the table. “Ladies, here we have Jin! And here we also have Namjoon along with Yoongi and Jungkook. Jungkook is our junior while the others have graduated, but they are our seniors since they are our ex-students.” He then pointed out a vampire, Chucky and probably a Grim Reaper respectively.
“Oh wait, Chaekyung? Moon Chaekyung? Is that you?” Chucky, aka Yoongi, called out to her.
The said girl nodded and instantly, she came to realize that he seemed rather familiar. It was the Queen of the Jaguars’ brother, Min Yoongi. The brother to the girl whom she happened to have gotten into the fight with just a few days in the new school.
 
Yoongi laughed, looking a lot more evil than he had wanted to thanks to his evil doll costume. “Surprising I’d be crossing paths with you again. You look stunning, by the way.” At the compliment, Chaekyung blushed which made Jimin a little uneasy and thus, ended up laser-beam shooting with his eyes towards Yoongi. And like during their first meeting, the latter chose to ignore Jimin’s little jealousy and openly flirted with Chaekyung more. The girl would laugh and wave off the compliments but deep down, she was dying at her bodyguard’s facial expressions.
 
“Hold up! Isn’t this our jam, Hoseok?” Taehyung elbowed his friend and pointed at the speakers above them which played an upbeat hiphop track. Immediately, students around them cheered and Chaekyung saw a couple of boys already shuffling and break dancing on the dance floor. It would have been cool to watch if it weren’t for their costumes. A guy dressed as Superman did a head spin and when he flipped himself up, his red cap flapped and covered his whole head from behind embarrassingly. The kids burst into laughter but continued hollering when he strip off the cape and threw it to the girls’ direction. Chaekyung clucked her tongue and was just about to dig into her plate of desserts when Sonia started whistling and clapping.
 
“Girls! Look! The boys are on the dance floor!” Sonia bounced on her feet, pointing at the current centre of attention.
 
Sure enough, when Chaekyung spun around she saw the boys—Namjoon, Jin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook—on the dance floor. The DC Comics group from earlier decided to have a little dance battle and suddenly everything turned intense. Batman went against Vampire Namjoon, which ended up with Namjoon winning since the crowd went wild with his weird ‘crumping’ dance. When Batman backtracked into the group, Superman stepped up and called out Jimin for a challenge. Before she knew it, Chaekyung and her friends had already made way through the crowd and ended up in the front line surrounding the dance battle. Jimin’s eyes scanned the crowd for a mere second. In an instant when his eyes caught his corpse bride with her friends, he knew he had to win this one. Superman wasn’t such a bad dancer, he thought. He had the moves for someone who wore his underwear outside his suit. Just as Jimin advanced into the centre to show his part, Superman rudely pushed the boy and started dancing once more, giving no room for Jimin. Some of the students booed but Superman seemed rather popular amongst them so of course, the cheering and the wolf howls were much louder than the negative feedbacks.
 
Chaekyung saw how Namjoon’s jaw was set and eyes burning with anger. Taehyung looked ready to plot a murder for the superhero and there was Hoseok who noisily sounded his opinion to his friends. While Superman was dancing, Jimin looked back at Chaekyung. The girl was nervously biting her lips as she followed the guy’s every sway and groove. Her eyes were dead cold, hoping the fellow would trip or sprain his ankle while dancing so Jimin could have a go. Something bubbled in Jimin and he knew he had to step up his game. For my pride. For Chaekyung. He somersaulted to the front, taking Superman by surprise and caused him to stumble back a little.
 
And Jimin danced.
 
Chaekyung’s jaw almost dropped to the floor. Her eyes never left the boy as he followed the beat and danced like a pro. Everyone started cheering, including the ones who were earlier fully supporting the guy in the Superman costume. Chaekyung had no time to react. Jimin’s dancing skills took her completely off guard. Was this the same boy who was her bodyguard and her best friend? Since when did the 21 year old self defence master also prim and proper Jimin turned into such a hot dancing machine? Wait, did I just say hot? Well, what can I say. He is hot. Smoking hot. Chaekyung couldn’t even hit herself for thinking such a thought. For the final move, Jimin spun and instead of landing on his two legs, he did a little run before sliding on his knees straight towards Chaekyung’s feet. He gazed up at her with his arms spread out wide, as if asking for a hug. The girl was speechless and the whistling crowd was not helping her think at all. Her cheeks were tinted in bright pink when Jimin stood up before her and flashed a playful wink.
 
When the boy turned back to his friends for a high five at the winning dance battle, Chaekyung placed a trembling hand over her chest. Her heartbeat drummed so loud she was positive it was like the bass from the speakers. Sanjana, Sonia and Yoomi nudged the surprised girl, teasing her and made her blush even harder.
 
“I see what you did there, buddy.” Yoongi slapped Jimin’s back, congratulating him in the process.
The boy knew what he meant. With a sly grin, he shrugged. “Well, I hope it’s clear enough that she’s off limits. Better take your flirting somewhere else, Yoongi hyung.”
Chucky chuckled, his eyes finding his way to the group of girls who were still on Chaekyung about Jimin’s last step in the dance. One girl caught his attention and when she turned around, both of them locked eyes. The girl embarrassingly turned away and laughed along with her friends hoping they didn’t notice her slightly off-conversation. Yoongi smiled to himself before facing Jimin who followed his gaze.
“Don’t worry, pal. I have my eyes set on my own girl.” With an assuring nod, he walked off to the refreshment table.
 
“Good evening, students of Olympus International! I’m sure you guys were all hyped from the unexpected dance battle earlier so how about we bring the house down once more?”
 
Everyone screamed in respond to the DJ who waved his hands, telling everyone to settle down. “Now, a special request came up. Someone has decided to do a performance tonight. Get ready to party on with Bangtan Boys!”
 
Just then, the lights went out. A couple of girls screamed and Chaekyung felt Yoomi’s hand grip tighten around her bicep. “I’m afraid of the dark.” The girl whispered before letting out a nervous chuckle. Suddenly, a spotlight flashed towards the centre of the empty stage. The DJ tweaked with some buttons and suddenly, the track changed from a regular beat to another more upbeat song. “We shall expect some dope dance moves from this performance. I don’t know what other dancing can take my mind off the dance battle earlier.” Sonia shook her head and looked up around the crowd. “Where’s Taehyung by the way?”
 
Chaekyung raised her head to find Jimin and the boys but none of them were in sight. Suddenly, the song started and Chaekyung turned to find the boys on stage. They were still in their Halloween costumes but as soon as they started dancing and singing along, everything changed and the vibe each of them radiated was totally different. This time, it wasn’t only Chaekyung who was speechless, everyone else were. Man, they were completely synchronized! What surprised Chaekyung was the fact that they looked as if they knew this dance by heart. So all this time when Jimin had said that Hoseok called him over to his house for basketball, they were actually meeting up for dance practices. And he never told Chaekyung about it. This was truly a surprise performance. The boys were really enjoying themselves, you can tell. Everyone was mind-blown by their performance, clearly since when the whole performance ended it took the crowd a while to get back to reality and applauded. The boys stood in a line and bowed to their audience, Taehyung playfully throwing kisses and Namjoon winking to the girls in the crowd. The rest of the boys were all pretty chilled and waved, giving their individual fanservices like real idols.
 
When they got down, poor Taehyung was the first to get hit from Sonia. He whimpered in pain and Sonia went on and on about how he kept dropping hints about the performance and pissing her off by making her guess all the way. “But you had to admit, I was amazing out there.” Taehyung leaned in dangerously close to the girl’s ear and whispered, sending chills down Sonia’s spine. Immediately, she turned away and fixed her mask over her face to cover her redden cheeks. Taehyung let out an amused chuckle before stealing Sonia’s cup of soda. Chaekyung was just about to look for Jimin when he popped out right in front of her peer thought. “Speak of the Devil, I was just about to look for you,” a small smile spread across her lips as she hands him a cup of refreshing orange juice. Jimin took it gratefully and drained it dry, wiping his lips with the back of his hand and checked if his moustache was still in place.
 
“So how did we do? Do you think everyone enjoyed it?” Did you enjoy it? That was the real question.
 
Chaekyung nudged him lightly on the side before grinning. “Of course they did! Did you hear how loud the cheers were?! I’d be surprised if they still even remember the dance battle earlier after such a wonderful stage performance. And how come you have never told me you sing and dance before?” This time, it was Jimin’s turn to have a grin at her statement. He lifted his shoulders in a shrug. “There’s more to me than meets the eye, my dear. I’m not just your average bodyguard.”
 
“What bodyguard?”
 
A voice startled Chaekyung from behind, interrupting her little laugh. She spun on her heels to find Draco Malfoy dressed in his Slytherin robe and completed with a wand in his hand standing behind her. Chaekyung didn’t need to think twice to know who he was. “Junhyeon! Wow! Perfect costume you got there.” The lad smiled before flapping his robe a little and twirled his wand between his fingers.
 
“It’s so much easier to go with him since we have the same hair colour.” As he said so, Junhyeon’s finger brushed through his platinum blonde locks and gotten Chaekyung all mesmerized by how beautiful a person could be. Jimin on the other hand was glaring daggers at the boy. Now he wished he had dressed as Harry Potter so they could go wand-to-wand right there and then. He felt as if the girl had forgot about his existence behind her and was too preoccupied with Junhyeon. Then, the DJ tapped on the mic and caught the students’ attentions.
 
“We’re going to start playing some slow, dance songs for you guys so to all the couples, get ready to waltz on the dance floor. For those chickens out there, go up to your crush and ask him or her for a dance. After this only we shall announce the Underworld King and his Queen.”
 
When one of the High School Musical 3 soundtracks played, without warning Junhyeon pulled Chaekyung to the dance floor. He twirled her before grabbing hold of her waist and pressed her close to him. And soon, they were dancing. Surprisingly for a basketball team captain, he could really slow dance. They weren’t just going in circles like the other couples. He would spin her slowly and sway before dipping her at the last bit. When he pulled her up from the low dip, their faces came just inches away. Any closer and they would have kissed. And Jimin was pretty sure that was what Junhyeon had in mind because as soon as the latter leaned down to capture Chaekyung’s lips, he tapped on Junhyeon’s shoulder and whisked her away. He knew Chaekyung was still trying to figure out what had just happened but before she could show any signs of protest, the song changed and it was now a lovely jazz song. Jazz had always been one of Chaekyung’s favourite genres in music. She had once took saxophone lessons but had to drop out of the class when she had little time for her more ‘important’ duties like accompanying her mother to Glitterix and monitoring the work at a young age.
 
Jimin had held her hand in his for awhile before completely coming to his senses that they were in the midst of dancing couples. Chaekyung looked around and saw Sonia dancing with Taehyung, bickering still but they were in sync. Hoseok and Sanjana were a perfect eye-candy couple, despite Sanjana being a princess and Hoseok a hobo, they still looked extremely good when dancing together. Jimin cleared his throat to bring Chaekyung’s attention back to him.
“Moon Chaekyung, can I have this dance?” His voice was as smooth as silk and his eyes were hypnotizing. It was so hard for Chaekyung to even look away. With their eyes still locked with each other’s, she nodded.
 
A smile slowly curved on the boy’s lips and Chaekyung felt his hand behind her back, pulling her closer to him. One of her hand came up to rest on his bicep, her eyes sparkled when she felt the muscles under his coat. Jimin took her other hand and held on it lightly before leading her into the dance. She wasn’t aware of her feet moving in perfect sync with his until her eyes left his for a brief moment to look at the ends of her dress. Jimin then send her into a twirl before tugging her back into his arms, this time even closer till she had to step slightly back before they bumped into each other. As they danced, she noticed how her heart was accelerating and her cheeks getting warmer by the second. The surrounding blended into a huge blur with only the jazz music filling the empty spaces. The lights that shone from the chandelier gave a romantic fairytale feel to the whole event and being in Jimin’s arms, dancing away… It almost seemed like a scene from Cinderella. People stopped to stare at them when they went around in circles on the dance floor without breaking eye contact. Some stared to whisper about them, some stared to snap pictures. But none of those matter to the both of them. All they had in mind was each other. Jimin even took notice of the different scent she was wearing. She usually smelled like peaches and vanilla on some brighter days but today, he had to hold in the urge to wrap her in his arms and snuggle into her just to breathe in her sweet scent. He was also constantly worrying about how loud his heart was beating, hoping the girl he was dancing with couldn’t hear it. For Chaekyung, in her mind was tons of flashbacks. Her memories with Jimin since they were kids flickered in her mind and played like an old movie at the back of her thoughts. She remembered how happy she would be when they played House where Jimin would be the husband and she would be the wife. She’d make him meals made out of twigs, leaves and rocks and he’ll happily eat them—throwing the food over his shoulder and clapping for her Master Chef skills. And memories of their first encounter after years, the airport incident. She had been admiring him from under her sunglasses when he walked in the airport. Those times when she tried to run away from the many bodyguards she had and he would always be the one to bring her back either by force or by food seduction. Moments where they seemed like the best pair of friends and the noisiest siblings too made her smile faintly. Since stepping foot in Korea, the person whom had made her smile the most was Jimin. He had always been there for her, even more than her own father had. When she ate at the table during days when her father had outstation work, he was there with her. When she fell sick after running without an umbrella in school, he stayed up at night to check her temperature and made sure she was comfortable in her sleep. During her happy and sad moments of the days she had spent in Korea so far, every single one of them had Jimin in them. Without him, she didn’t know how things would turn out. Probably because he was the only one of her age at home but even in school, she would find herself looking for him from time to time.
 
How do I feel when he’s around me? Like this. Just like this moment, with him looking at her as if she were the most beautiful creation on the planet. She would always feel like she was getting sick in her tummy when he comes around. Seeing him would set her world on mute, her heart pounding loud in her ears and petals falling around him. Whenever he was out in the backyard working out or even in the gym with him sweaty from punching the sand bag, she would imagine lots of inappropriate things. Probably just her raging hormones, that was her excuse. But what made her think twice about her hormones excuse was that date in the amusement park. The one where they had fully spent the day like normal teenagers and not an heiress with her bodyguard. That was the best time of her life and she wished that day would never come to an end. Why... why do I feel all these with you around?
 
The answer was obvious.
 
Because I like him. I like Jimin. Park Jimin, my bodyguard. And not just the friends type of like, but the like like. Using the word ‘love’ now would still be too soon but whatever she might feel in the future, that’s up to fate to decide for her.
 
Jimin saw how she was deep in thought by the fading blue in her crystal eyes. He had wanted to shake her but decided to take this moment as an advantage to admire her openly without her feeling all crept out. Whatever he was feeling now was complicating. All the symptoms Taehyung had mentioned to know if you’re falling in love was all happening to him. But he was scared. He didn’t know if he could love her. He knew that he liked her already since the first time she ran away and he had to carry her home because she was being such a fussy brat. Back then, he thought it would just stay as a crush and nothing much would develop. Oh how wrong her was. Thanks to Mr. Moon who had him assigned and enrolled to her school so he could look out for her full time, he had grown attached to her. Even at home, he’d find himself wondering what she was doing next door and if he should ask her things he knew about his homework just so he could see her after dinner. Every time when he had the chance to show more of his feelings to her, the angel side of him would hold him back. She’s your boss’s daughter. If you choose to love her, when your boss gets into trouble and you have to save him, you’d end up putting the man to his doom when you stand in front of his daughter instead. Sure, he was Chaekyung’s bodyguard but that didn’t mean his duties as Mr. Moon’s bodyguard was over too. On certain occasions, the old man would call for his best bodyguard to accompany him. And plus, your statuses are way different. She’s an heiress to huge companies and you would always just be her personal bodyguard. What’ll the society see the young lady as? What would the high ranking world think of her? So it is best to keep his feelings hidden. Only for him to know.
 
But at such moments like now, how could he stop himself? As they swayed, his eyes trailed away from her eyes, down her nose and to her lips. They were so inviting and he could almost hear the devil in him screaming in his head for him to kiss her. And that was what he was going to do. He took a deep breath and leaned in just a little to test her reaction. She froze, but never did she move or turn away. She stared at him, still lost in his two pools of warm chocolate eyes. Again, he took another closer step. This time, another step and he’ll be giving his first kiss to the girl whom stole his heart. Seeing how her eyes started to flutter shut, his heart leaped as he brushed his lips just lightly against hers.
 
The sound of the music died and the mic gave out a slight noise which surprised the two of them. Both stared at each other with saucer-like eyes. They had almost kissed! Their lips touched for a mere second. Jimin’s cheeks were coloured and Chaekyung was starting to look like a live corpse with blood rushing to her pale skin and warming her body. Both of them turned away but still had their hands clasped together as they faced the stage. Sonia and Sanjana and Yoomi waddled to her side and chattered about the possible results they had overheard.
 
“Guess what? I heard that your name was nominated and you got yourself a handful of votes!” Yoomi shook Chaekyung slightly, excited for her friend. Sonia nodded eagerly, “And I heard that you might have won over Nara! You might be this year’s Underworld Queen, sweetheart!” Chaekyung just rolled her eyes playfully before pointing at the stage and told them to just wait for the results. When the lights came on and everyone approached the stage, Min Nara and her date stepped up on stage. She was dressed as a Persephone and her date was Hades. “Man, she seems overconfident in winning the crown Underworld Queen this year.” Sanjana crossed her arms over her chest and shook her head. Chaekyung hummed in agreement along with the other girls as Nara gave an unnecessarily long speech before finally going to the voting boxes.
 
“Now I shall announce this year’s Underworld Queen! However, I’m sure the choice is already obvious.” She had wanted to put away the envelope with the winner’s name but her date had still asked her to open and announce. In a happy mood, she just laughed it off and peeled the seal, pulling out the midnight blue card inside. As soon as she opened the card to read the name, she screamed. “HOW CAN THIS BE?! B-but I was supposed to win! There must be a mistake!” Nara threw the card to the ground and grabbed hold on the vote counters, shaking them to ask for an explanation. Things had gotten ugly to the point where chaperones had to guide a hysterical Nara out of the hall for a bit. Her date, Hades, picked up the card and fixed it to read the name.
 
“I give you, this year’s Underworld Queen…… our lovely corpse bride, Ms. Moon Chaekyung!”
 
The crowd cheered and her friends jumped with joy as they ushered the girl to hurry on stage. Chaekyung was completely taken back by the results and seemed rather confused when she got on stage. Her heart hammered so loud and her toes curled. She never liked crowds, especially when all are looking at her. She wanted to get this over and done with. Two witches came out with a tiara on a pillow and a bouquet of flowers for her. One helped her with the tiara which sat prettily on her head and the other handed her the flowers and wore on a sash that said, ‘Underworld Queen of 2015’. She still remained on stage as they had to announce the Underworld King. She prayed it to be the name of the boy whom would make her feel at ease now. Please, let it be Jimin.
 
Hades tore the seal and flipped the card. “And this year’s Underworld King goes to Kim Namjoon, our vampire prince!” Girls went gaga when Namjoon came on stage. For him, he got a sash and a sceptre with a Jack-o’-lantern glowing in bright orange on the top. Both of them were to stand together for a photo session. Chaekyung was happy that Namjoon won instead of some stranger but she had wished it were someone else. Someone she had wanted so bad. Namjoon congratulated her and both of them took selfies to celebrate their little win. He held her hand too as she came down and was greeted with a whole hoard of people congratulating them and taking pictures. Finally, her group of friends came to the front. The girls squealed and hugged the Underworld Queen before heading straight for the selfies. After congratulating, Chaekyung looked over her shoulder and saw Jimin waiting for his turn. She smiled shyly as she approached him. He took her hand and twirled her in a circle. “Congratulations, my Queen. You deserved it.” From inside his coat, he pulled out a fresh red rose and presented it to her. Suddenly, the bouquet she held felt less prettier compared to his.
 
“Thank you, Jimin. I had wished you had won Underworld King so you could have accompanied me on stage. It was so scary up there earlier.” Chaekyung mumbled as she looked at her flowers to avoid eye contact. Namjoon came up to her and slung an arm around her shoulders, “Well, I took care of that. You should be happy that I won instead of Malfoy.” At the mention of that name, Jimin reached out his cane to whack the older on the leg. Namjoon laughed before heading off to take some pictures with his fangirls. After everything was done, people started to leave. Everyone had another party to attend. Everyone other than Chaekyung who wanted to just go home and sleep. Before they left, Namjoon caught hold of Jimin.
 
“Hey, man. I want you to have this.” Namjoon handed him the sceptre with a smile, dimples flashing. Jimin stared at it in disbelief. “What- but you’re Underworld King. You should keep it.” Namjoon waved his words off and wrapped his fingers around the sceptre. “Chaekyung had been wanting you to win, I could tell. And plus, you two looked great together tonight. I’m keeping the sash but you can have this one. Go home and take a portrait so you can show your future kids of you and Chaekyung winning the title together.” Jimin threaten to throw a punch at Namjoon but the lad took off running before he could catch him. “Just know I won because I was taller than you, Jimin-ah!” Namjoon shouted before entering his black BMW and drove off with some of the boys who asked for a ride.
 
Sonia followed Sanjana’s car home, leaving Hoseok and Taehyung to ask Chaekyung for a ride home. Mr. Han dropped them off before getting home with no questions. As soon as she arrived, she took off her heels and walked barefooted into the house. Dahee laughed, taking her flowers and heels from her. “How’s tonight? I see you got Underworld Queen. Congatulations, Chaekyung.” She smiled at the girl. Chaekyung pointed at her sore feet before dashing up to her room to change. Jimin came in next and smiled at Dahee who winked at him secretively.
“So…how did it go?” She questioned, handing the rose he gave Chaekyung to him.
Jimin smiled a little and examined the rose as if it were the most interesting thing ever. Dahee knew he wanted to keep such thoughts to himself so she shooed him to his room and handled with some late cleaning in the kitchen.
 
When Chaekyung got out of the showers squeaky clean, she saw the rose Jimin got her now resting on the sheets of her bed. Beside it was a written note. She took it up to read and a soft smile plastered across her face.
 
Congratulations, my corpse bride for you’ve now become the Queen of the Underworld. Sure, you might have a king but do know, you’ll only have one bodyguard and Underworld best friend. Goodnight. Signed, Charlie Chaplin.
 
“Yup, I’m definitely starting to fall for him alright.” Chaekyung giggled to herself, bringing the rose to her nose and inhaled the beautiful fragrant before kissing it lightly on the petals. Tonight…is definitely the beginning of something more. I know. I hope. 
 

so it's been a month since i updated huh? i'm so sorry for the delay. school started and homework piled up. i have been neglecting my other stories so after this I'll head straight to the others. with this long (and probably less interesting) update, i hope you'll all forgive me. thank you for upvoting and also THANK YOU FOR THE 100 subbies! i love each and everyone of you. Thank you for the comments and your encouraging words. I know it's late but still, Happy New Year and I hope this story would receive more love and support from all of you. i'll hope to keep updating. i promise! love you all