Chapter 4

Evanescence

 

Chapter 4

 


 

"Crying is cleansing. There's a reason for tears, happiness or sadness." - Dionne Warwick

 

Shifting to the right and to the left, Dahye open her eyes then closes them again. It is almost 3 in the morning and she couldn't sleep at all. Every time she tries to close her eyes, her biggest nightmare always creeps up on her mind. Even though her panic disorder doesn't attack her while she is trying to sleep, but 11-year-ago's incident keeps haunting her in her sleep.

Wiping the remaining sweats on her forehead, she gets up from her bed and heads to the kitchen to get some drink then to the living room to watch some TV programs. Dahye really needs to clear up her mind from her nightmare and goes to sleep because she had a class to attend at 9 this morning.

There is none of the TV programs that catches her eyes. Heck, what is there to watch in this kind of hour? As she switches the channels, something crosses her mind.

Sehun is now her fake boyfriend.

Dahye snickers at the thought and switches off the TV. Grabbing the small pillow placed on the sofa where she is lying at, she inhales and exhales deeply as the thought of her past slowing being replaced by the thought of her fake relationship with Oh Sehun, the heir of OSH Corps. She couldn't be seen together in public with him or else there will be a huge scandal between her and Sehun. Moreover, Dahye's reputation is quite dirty based on her background and her career in racing. So, if they were seen together, Sehun's reputation as well as his family's might automatically be lowered because of her.

Dahye snuggles into the small pillow and closes her eyes. She should've thought of the consequences before asking him to be her fake boyfriend.

Her writing comes to a halt when a bubble gum lands on her desk. Dahye rolls her eyes and puts down her pen, slowly turning her head back just to meet Kang Dasom's intimidating smug face. Glaring at her, Dahye grabs the bubble, intending to throw it back to her, but unfortunately, Mr. Kwon finishes writing notes on the white board and notices Dahye holding the bubble gum. He throws the duster with full force right on her shoulder, which causes it to bleed because the throw was hard and she is wearing a sleeveless shirt. It definitely startles the whole class and causes some students to drop their pens, including Sehun, who is sitting two rows beside Dahye.

"Dahye-ssi," Mr. Kwon sternly calls and takes off his glasses. Dahye manages to glare at her bully and snorts before looking at her fuming lecturer straight in the eyes. She knows where this is going.

"I've had enough," he starts off with a glare. "Using---"

"I'm chewing nothing." Dahye cuts him off as a matter of fact.

"Look at what you're holding."

"This isn't mine," Dahye replies calmly and crosses her arms over her chest. "Besides, I usually eat Xylitol or Happident, not this kind of cheap gum."

"Actions speak louder than words," Mr. Kwon shoots back. "And I don't care what brand is that. A gum is still a gum. Just admit it."

Dahye scoffs and raises a brow at him. "Then what? It doesn't matter whether I chewed or not. You still won't trust me. Ah," she clicks her tongue. "You never trust me, anyway. So, what's the use?" Dahye retorts harshly and Sehun mentally cheers for her straightforwardness. He knows Dahye isn't lying because he witnessed what Dasom did to her with his own eyes.

"Right, I never once trust you. And never will. I also don't want to know whther you chewed or not. I just want you to go out from my class and never come back." He says with a disparaging smile. Dasom grins in victory as to what their English lecturer has announced whilst Sehun semi-glares at him.

It is totally unfair. Dahye had done nothing wrong, so Mr. Kwon shouldn't do what he may not do because this is all a misunderstanding.

Without talking much, Dahye shoves everything inside her bag and stands up from her seat. "I'm glad that you kick me out, Mr. Kwon," she says, emphasizing his name like it is the most disgusting thing to say. "It's such a shame for me that I was ever thought by an unfair and dishonest teacher like you. So," she zips her bag. "Goodbye, chicken." She finishes off with a grin and slams the door shut, leaving a dumbfounded Mr. Kwon.

As she walks through the hallway, keeps cursing on every single step. She doesn't know where to go. If she goes to the hospital, her grandmother would ask some questions like 'why are you so early'. She doesn't want to answer that. Then, she decides that she waits at the school garden.

Dahye finds a big tree and rests on it. She closes her eyes with her arm and exhales deeply. Due to her lack of sleep and her bad mood, she finally falls asleep.

When the class is over, Sehun, along with Kai rush out of the class, laughing over a picture which Kai shows on his phone. As they walk through the hallway, they see Chanyeol talking on the phone whilst Baekhyun chatting seriously with a girl around his age. Nevertheless, they both approach them.

"Yo, bro," Sehun greets as he slings his arm around Chanyeol's neck just as the latter hangs up. "What's up?"

"Suho hyung wants to treat us dinner tonight," chanyeol informs with a big smile. "Really?" Kai asks with sparkling eyes. "What's with the sudden?"

Chanyeol shrugs and replies, "He said that he would tell us when we get there." Sehun and the rest nod in understanding, except for Baekhyun, who is still talking to the girl.

As they wait for Baekhyun to finish talking, Sehun looks around him and replies the bows people are giving to him. To be honest, it is pretty tiring for him. He wants privacy, he wants freedom, he wants a peaceful life. He wants to be treated like a normal person, not like some kind of a prince.

"Okay, we're going to take that. Good job, Hee Sung." Baekhyun praises and gives her a smile that makes her cheeks show a tint of pink. The girl called Hee Sung thanks him and excuses herself. Baekhyun rubs his palms together then claps them altogether. "So, where are we going for lunch?"

"Chanyeol's restaurant!" They chant happily and laugh. Chanyeol makes a face and face palms himself. His restaurant is really going to a bankrupt if it continues like this.

When they are ready to go, Sehun notices Dahye sleeping under the big tree from afar and chuckles, causing his friends to look at the direction he's looking at. "Guys, I think I'm not going." Sehun suddenly says and leaves them without turning back.

"Did you see that?" Chanyeol asks with an unbelievable face. They all nod. "He abandons us for Jung Dahye." Baekhyun mutters in disbelief.

Kai chuckles at his hyungs' dumb faces and shakes his head. "Told ya there's a chemistry between them."

Slowly and carefully, Sehun wakes Dahye up with a slight shake. Dahye groans and opens her eyes slowly. She jumps a little when she sees Sehun in front of her and glares at him. "What the hell are you doing here?" She snaps as she stands up and brushes the dirt off her body.

"How long were you going to sleep here?" He retorts back. Dahye glares at him with her usual piercing eyes which makes him back away immediately.

"Are you going with me to see my grandma?" Dahye asks as she flips her blonde hair.

Sehun shrugs and eyes her outfit. She still hasn't changed the way she dresses, huh? Dahye notices it as if she understands his look he gives her and rolls her eyes. "I'm busy, I'll change it later. If I have time," she says.

Nodding, Sehun uncrosses his arms and beams teasingly. "Only for today."

"Halmeoni~" Dahye coos and walks closer to her grandmother who is reading the same book over and over again with Sehun secretly creeps up behind her back. Dahye told him to make a surprise for her grandmother. "I got a very big surprise for you." Dahye smiles and hugs her grandmother. She hugs her back and laughs. "Annyeong, Jungie. And what is that?"

Jungie. Cute.Sehun is amused by her attitude. It's like she isn't the wild and rough Jung Dahye, but the sweet and lovable Dahye. And he likes it better.

Dahye gives him the signal to show up and he does. Sehun awkwardly bows and introduces himself. "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Oh Sehun. Dahye's boyfriend." That is what to say, isn't it?

Dahye's grandmother's eyes lit up a thousand watt as if she is seeing a really beautiful diamond and smiles brightly. "You are Dahye's boyfriend? Omo! So handsome!"

"Thank you, halmeoni. If I'm not, your granddaughter wouldn't have swoon over me." Sehun jokes and earns a heartily laugh from Dahye's grandmother and a slight glare from Dahye. Sehun just ignores her and continues to act as her fake boyfriend.

As Sehun and Dahye's grandmother talk, Dahye just watches how happy her grandma is when she brings a guy. She is indeed happy that her grandma is happy, but she hates herself for lying to her beloved grandmother. I'm sorry, Halmeoni.

Her thoughts are interrupted as she hears her name being called by her grandmother. "Yes?"

"Now that your boyfriend is here," her grandmother starts. "Don't wear that kind of outfit anymore or our Sehunnie is going to have so many rivals. Right, Sehun?" She laughs and hits Sehun playfully on his arm. Sehun laughs along and nods in agreement.

For Sehun, Dahye's grandmother is really nice to talk to. She told him that she isn't Dahye's real grandmother but Dahye treats her like her own. Her grandmother told him almost about Dahye, like when she first enrolled in a school, when she got bullied by her classmates, and her interest in racing. The more he hears about Dahye's past, his heart ached. It must be extremely hard for her.

"Okay, I'll try." Dahye replies her with a smile. "I want you to get rid of this all when you come tomorrow. No buts, okay, Jungie?" Her grandmother wags her finger and grins. Dahye smiles and nods. She would do everything for her grandmother even if that means she would donate her brain to her if that is even possible.

Sehun smiles at the scene in front of him, especially when he sees Dahye smiles. He feels lucky because no one could ever see her smile, but him.

"I need to go to work," Dahye announces and packs her things up as she glances at her watch which reads 3 PM. "Take care, Halmeoni. And see you." Dahye gives her grandmother one last kiss before leaving her room. Sehun also bids her good bye and doesn't forget to bow before taking off his leave.

Her grandmother's still lingers on her face even when the couple has gone home. "I wish you a happy ending, my dear Jungie."

And... Dahye is back to her usual poker face. Sehun wishes to see her smile more often because he finds it really beautiful when she smiles.

"I just knew that there is a soft side of you," Sehun says out of the blue while wearing a pair of sunglasses so people won't recognize him.

Dahye ignores his statement and starts the engine of her car. "Where to drop you?" She asks instead.

"Gangnam District."

"Rich ," she comments and drives her car. Sehun hears it though, but he just plays it cool.

After Dahye had dropped that rich off, she stops by some boutiques and malls to buy some appropriate clothes and shoes. She actually likes cute dresses and all nowadays' women wear, and she misses those times when she wore it with his first ever boyfriend.

Dahye goes to a hair saloon to dye her hair back to its original color and to cut her hair because it is so long and it irks her.

When the hair stylist finishes chopping her hair off and dying her hair, she gapes in awe at her own reflection. This is the old Dahye. Maybe, trying a new style isn't that bad.

WHAT?! 41 SUBS?! What in the world-- *Sehun walks in out of nowhere*

Sehun: It's because of my hotness. *flips his hair every 5 second like Justin Bieber* *Dahye walks in like a model*

Dahye: Mine, back off, .

Sehun: *glares at Dahye* Stop calling me .

Author-nim: *Author brings laptop far far away from the two* I have a better connection here. Anyway, I want to thank you guys for reading my stories and for the sweet comments of yours. I won't be updating quite often due to schoolworks and exams. I'm literally sorry, but I will try to update more. Don't forget to subscribe, comment and upvote! And lastly, I love you guys! *logs out*

Sehun: *face palms* Yah, author-nim! Don't leave me here with a monster!!