Chapter 1

Evanescence
Chapter 1  
"The best way to not get your heart broken, is to pretend you don't have one." - Charlie Sheen.
 
An extremely loud disco music booms around the club which is filled with drunk people rubbing their bodies against the others, blabbering nonsenses and doing inappropriate things like, making out and having in public.

Innocent people would be disgusted and quickly leave whenever they see drunk people acting weird. But for Jung Dahye, it is absolutely normal. Why? Because she grew up in that kind of environment and she likes it. She doesn't care about girls judging at how she dresses like a streetwalker or a . She's being herself and if they don't like it, leave her alone. She doesn't need any of their judgments.

"Dahye! 2 vodkas and 3 beers for table no. 2!" Sumin, the most skilled bartender at the club Dahye's working at, hollers the orders at her because the music is so loud. Dahye, who has just arrived, changes into her working attire and gives Sumin an 'ok' sign.

"2 vodkas and 3 beers!" Dahye reads the orders out loud and recklessly places them because neither of the customers will complain due to the fact that they're drunk.

After three hours of delivering drinks from tables to tables, Dahye wipes the sweat trickling all over her face and sits down at one of the empty tables. It is almost two in the morning, so people are going home already since tomorrow's today's Monday. Dahye really wants to go back to her apartment and sleep because she has classes to attend in 6 freaking hours. But because of those rich ers in VVIP room, she has no choice but to stay serving them until they go home. Yep, definitely the consequences of taking the midnight shift. She kinda regrets in right now. But hey, the pay is worth her main needs.

"Bring these to VVIP room, I'm going home." Sumin bluntly says as she organizes the drinks on a tray. Ruffling her blonde hair in frustration, Dahye groans and goes to pick up the tray then brings them to the said room.

Sumin and Dahye don't get along really well. Sumin is kinda disgusted with Dahye. Who doesn't? Dahye speaks so informally like a gangster to people whom she has just met. She wears tanktops and mini skirts wherever she goes. And also, Dahye isn't afraid of death; she likes noxious things, she lives in a darkness where happiness never once exists in her life.

For the people outside, Dahye's an absolute in their eyes.

Dahye lazily knocks on the door and barges in without the customer's response. Her lips quirks up into a small smirk when she notices who are inside the room.

Oh Sehun, the son of one of the richest and the most respected families in South Korea, along with his friends.

Dahye knows this guy too well. The jerk that likes to play with women who are serious in relationships. Once he's bored with you, you're thrown inside his 'rubbish' list. The same goes to his friends; Kai, Baekhyun and Chanyeol. For her, D.O and Suho aren't as bad as the four.

"Look who's here," Dahye mocks as she rests her body onto the wall. "Playing with one of his barbie dolls. Again." She finishes off with a click on her tongue as she watches a girl around her age beside the almighty Oh Sehun sleeping like a dead princess.

"What's your problem Jung Dahye?" Sehun snarls dangerously. Dahye doesn't seem to be affected by his harsh tone. Instead, her smirk grows wider. If another girl were on her shoes, she would've backed away and left him alone. But this is Jung Dahye, the famous thriller lover, we're talking about.

"You and your filthy friends of yours' asses still sticking here is my problem." Dahye snaps and crosses her arms on her chests. Sehun chuckles darkly and stands up, trapping her against the wall so she can't escape. His intense glare bores into her eyes and she gladly glares back. She isn't afraid of anyone. She's mentally and physically a strong and mature woman.

"Oh, is that so?" He whispers huskily with his lips brush against her right ear, sending shivers all over her body. "You do know who I am, right?" Dahye's breathing becomes uneven as his breath tickled the very sensitive spot behind her neck.

Trying so hard to shrug it off, Dahye raised her chin up confidently and smirks. "I do and I don't care. Sue me if you want, but don't you think you'll be a disgrace to your family if they find out their dearest heir likes to roam around this cheap place?"

"They don't care," Now it's Sehun's turn to smirk. "Besides, aren't you the cheap one here?"

Dahye scoffs and laughs bitterly. "Right," she raises her hands in defeat. "I am. But not as much as you." She retorts while glancing at the girl who stirs in her sleep. "You better send your girlfriend home if you don't want to get your face punched." She mockingly said as she air-quoted the 'girlfriend' word and harshly pushed Sehun off her body, making the latter stumbled a bit. Dahye throws a glance at his friends who are watching them ertedly like they both are filming a rated scene.

Sehun suddenly takes off his extremely expensive Zara's black blazer and throws it somewhere on the sofa. Dahye feels her body tensed by his sudden movement but she still remains cool in front of him. She doesn't want to look cheap in front of him.

Truth be told, Dahye has put an interest on Sehun since the very first time they met. Of course their first meeting wasn't like 'Hello, I'm Dahye. Nice to meet you. Hello, I'm Sehun. Nice to meet you too'. Sehun has always disliked Dahye. Don't ask him why, because he just does. From the way she dresses, from the way she walks, from the way she talks, from the way she acts, he knows Dahye is not a good woman. He always despises wild women because they're not fresh anymore, like Dahye.

It's true. Dahye did lose her v-card to someone who was once special to her. She had ever experienced of love. She really had. But everytime she does, she is the one who will always get hurt. And now, she thinks it would be better if she lives alone forever.

"Well, you do care a lot for me," Sehun mischievously grins and rubbed his hands together. "Do you perhaps like me?"

Okay, is he drunk? But looking at how stable he is right now, the answer is hell no. "Oh yeah, I like you a lot." Dahye sarcastically shoots back. It isn't completely a lie though. She does like him a bit.

Sehun smirks and leans in to whisper on her ear. "Sorry, but I don't like contemptible women like you."

"Hell yeah, but I like how contemptible you are. Now will you excuse me, I have work to finish." She playfully winks at him and shoves him aside, leaving Sehun amused. "Oh, and please get your asses from here gentlemen, it's freaking 2 am." She says as she turns around just to meet 6 pair of amused eyes on her. She tch-s at them and finally leaves the room.

"You know I could make you lose your job, Dahye-ssi!" She hears Sehun shout from the hallway and snickers in disbelief. "Do as you wish, rich . But I'm the moneymaker here." She mutters to herself and heads towards the changing room so she could go home and sleep.

"That girl is sure a feisty. Just like how I like." Kai points out and stands up, ready to leave. "I know. Go get her then." Sehun jokingly suggests. Kai shakes his head and snickers. "Nope. Your future with that girl suddenly crossed my mind."

"Shut it, Kim Jongin." Sehun growls and shudders, grabbing his blazer and wrapping it loosely around his neck. "I hate her. For 's sake, that girl really disgusts me."

Suho nods his head in agreement. "I heard her friends are all mafias and drug dealers. Better stay far far away from her."

"And she's a racer," Baekhyun added. "A very famous and thrilling one."

A racer? Sehun thought.

"Wow. That girl is sure, ugh, oh my God! I wouldn't even want to date her!" D.O boasts and face palms himself.

Chanyeol chuckles and pats his buddy's back. "Bro, seems like you ever had an interest on her." He chimes.

D.O reddens and shakes his head vigorously, denying it. They laugh and leave the club. With Sehun's 'girlfriend' of course.

Sehun sees Dahye starting her car engine, producing a very loud 'broom' sound outside the club. Racer, huh?

Shaking his head, Sehun gets in his black shiny Lamborghini and just as his door closes, Dahye's car zooms so rapidly. What shocks him the most that it almost hits the wall, but she expertly turns to the right, making the wheels screech sharply, leaving Sehun gape in horror. He thinks she is about to crash and die there. Jesus Christ, she indeed is thrilling!

 

Shutting her door close, Dahye moonwalks to her room, not bothering to wash up. She is absolutely worn out and has no energy left to even brush her teeth.

Her apartment isn't that luxurious or that filthy, it is very simple. A bedroom, a bathroom, a kitchen and a small living room. That is all. Even if her racing's pay is very high, she still has a sick grandmother to take care of. Her grandmother isn't her real grandmother. She's only a stranger that helped her study and provided her a house to live. And now, Dahye's is paying back her debt to her.

After she has set her alarm clock, she slumps on her bed and passes out, slowly drifting off to dreamland.

 
 
 
author's notes
Hey~ So how's the first chapter? Comment below~ :) Dahye's past is soon to be revealed so please anticipate for it! Hehehe :D subscribe and upvote please!! ∞