Reunion

Protect the Princess!

Reunion

 

“How many girls will be there?” Luhan asked whilst keeping his eyes on the road.

“Err…I think about four? If I remember correctly Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Yuri and Seohyun will be there.” Hwayoung replied.

“And I have no clue who any of them are. I’m beginning to think this reunion might be quite awkward with me.” Luhan chuckled.

“Nonsense! I’m sure you’ll get along with them fine. You’re practically a people magnet.” Hwayoung said.

Yoona, who had been sitting in the back seat with Hwayoung, continued to gaze out of the window watching the scenery fly by. As soon as she had agreed to attend the reunion she had regretted it. The last people Yoona wanted to see were her high school ‘friends’. With a dejected sigh, she told herself it would all be done and over with soon.

Hwayoung had noticed Yoona’s less than excited mood and felt slightly guilty for pulling her into all of this. She knew why Yoona was not really in the best of spirits at the prospect of seeing all the rest of the girls again. She could have just tried another plan to try to reconcile with Yoona but for some reason she felt she would get results out of this one.

And Luhan could see the dark aura surrounding both of the girls through his rear view mirror. Why couldn’t they simply talk out their problems? It would have made both of their lives a lot easier. Their problem was probably just a misunderstanding. Hwayoung really wouldn’t need such a plan if she just went up to Yoona and asked her what was wrong. On the other hand Yoona wouldn’t have had to stop talking to Hwayoung if she had just talked over her problems with the girl. With a tut and a sigh, Luhan parked his car in the car park when they had reached the restaurant the reunion would take place at.

“We’re here.” Luhan announced snapping both girls out of their thoughts. The trio exited the car and made their way to the restaurant. Hwayoung was the one who had found the rest of the girls they would be meeting sitting at the far end of the restaurant and guided Luhan and Yoona to them.

“Wow, you two have really changed!” one of the girls commented.

“Hey guys, long time no see.” Hwayoung greeted cheerily. “This is Luhan, the one I was talking about, by the way.” She introduced.

“Yoona’s boyfriend right?” the same girl smirked as she eyed Luhan. Luhan felt slightly awkward being the centre of attention meanwhile Yoona found herself burning a bright red for a reason she didn’t know quite herself. “I’m Hyoyeon.” The girl smiled to Luhan.

“Nice to meet you Hyoyeon.” Luhan said.

“This one is Yuri, she’s Seohyun and that one is Sooyoung.” Hyoyeon said. Luhan nodded at each of their names and then took his seat next to Yoona who had been quiet all this time.

“Hi Yoona.” Sooyoung waved to the abnormally silent girl. Yoona smiled weakly and waved back.

“Hi.” She muttered in a barely audible voice.

“How did the two of you meet?” Seohyun asked Luhan. Luhan bit his bottom lip and took a deep breath. Hwayoung had devised an entire backstory for him and Yoona and stated it was fool proof.

“We went to the same university and the first time I saw her, I fell in love.” Luhan said awkwardly. He wasn’t sure Hwayoung’s story was as fool proof as she thought. It sounded a bit unrealistic really. Nonetheless he continued with a smile. “There were many other men after her, but I was diligent in trying to earn her love and then one day I saved her from a bunch of thieves and she finally saw what a perfect match we were.”

“Right…” Hyoyeon trailed with a raised eyebrow. “Then is this the time you saved her from the thieves?” Hyoyeon fished out her phone from her pocket and typed something into it before producing a video to show Luhan.

The video showed the footage of the time when Luhan found out Yoona was the princess. He had caught the thief who had stolen her purse. Luhan had remembered how loads of people had gotten their phones out and were recording the scene. He nodded slowly as he understood now why people kept calling him ‘internet famous’.

“Really?” Hyoyeon giggled. “That’s so romantic! Why don’t you just leave Yoona and come to me?” she winked. Hwayoung sent Hyoyeon a glare, telling her stop it, whilst Hyoyeon just pouted. “Anyway Yoona, I’m really surprised you’re actually dating someone.” She smirked.

“Like totally!” Yuri exclaimed. “I always thought Yoona was far too prideful to ever fall in love.” She snickered.

“Well looks like you were wrong.” Hwayoung chuckled uneasily.

“Oh Hwayoung, I’m surprised you’re still working for her.” Seohyun added. “After she suddenly shut you out for no reason, I was sure she had lost you.”

“Err…I’m going to go to the bathroom.” Yoona excused herself suddenly. Hwayoung bit her bottom lip and clenched her fists. This wasn’t the way it was supposed to be going.

“Don’t you guys think you’re going too far?” Hwayoung stammered. “You made her life hell in high school and you still want to play that way?” she scoffed. “I thought you would have matured a bit.”

“Why are you even standing up for her when she left you first? You needed her the most during those times yet where was she? Attending fancy dinner parties and scoffing at you.” Seohyun laughed sarcastically. “You’re just a pushover Hwayoung.”

Luhan had had enough of all of the negative talk. He would have a word with the girls but before that he needed to check if Yoona was alright.

“I’m also going to go the bathroom.” Luhan said as he stood up angrily, surprising all of the ladies present.

 

Luhan stood outside the woman’s toilets waiting for Yoona. He had been standing there for a couple of minutes and finally, Yoona came out.

“Oh Yoona.” He said with a surprised tone. “I just came out of the toilet too.”

“Really?” Yoona rolled her eyes. “You’re going to have to try harder if you want me to believe you. I’m fine. You didn’t need to follow me here.”

“Err you think I followed you?” Luhan laughed. “I just really needed a dump.”

“Only you can say that in front of the crown princess.” Yoona laughed lightly. Luhan was glad he made her smile.

“Let’s go back.”

Luhan and Yoona were making their way back to their seats when they overheard the conversation the girls were currently having.

“I don’t think they’re dating.” Yuri whispered. “It seems fishy. I mean who would want to date Yoona with her personality?”

“Yeah I know. I don’t believe it either.” Hyoyeon agreed. “I bet he’s just indebted to her or something and that’s why he’s pretending.” She turned to Hwayoung who looked very restless. “You can tell us the truth Hwayoung.”

“We are dating.” Luhan said firmly, announcing his presence. He grabbed Yoona’s hand and led her to the table. “And if you need proof…” he trailed before turning to Yoona. Yoona found her heart pounding extremely fast. She was sure if it was any faster, everyone else would be able to hear it as well. The warmth of Luhan’s soft hands radiated through her cold ones. He gave her a reassuring smile before leaning forwards and then planting a peck on her lips.

Yoona’s eyes doubled as Luhan retreated. He turned back to the flabbergasted girls with a triumphant smirk.

“I don’t think we should stay here any longer.” Hwayoung said standing up. She threw the dirtiest look she could pull at the girls. “You guys are beyond help. Even time couldn’t save your immaturity.” She spat with distaste.

She turned to an utterly surprised Yoona and a proud Luhan and signalled to them to exit with her.  The pair followed Hwayoung eagerly out of the restaurant and to the safety of the car.

“Hang on.” Luhan said before he entered. “I think I left something.” He closed the door and ran off back to the direction of the restaurant.

“Well…” Hwayoung trailed. She knew fully well that Luhan had probably just run off to give the two space to talk. She couldn’t waste the precious time he had provided her. “That did not go according to plan.”

“Hence the reason I didn’t want to go in the first place.” Yoona sighed.

“Err…I’m sorry for pushing you to go.” Hwayoung mumbled.

“It wasn’t you, it was Luhan. If it was you, I would have hated you even more.” Yoona grumbled.

A heavy and thick silence filled the air. Hwayoung clenched her fists as she realised this wasn’t going to go anywhere unless she addressed the problem directly.

“Yoona…can I ask why you stopped speaking to me?” she gulped. There! She had said it! The words she had been so afraid to say, Kang Hwayoung had finally managed to say them. When she had finally caught her momentum, she kept the ball rolling. “What did I do wrong?” Yoona was silent and continued to gaze out of the window. “Was I not important to you?” Hwayoung started. “You never even told me what I did wrong or tried to fix anything with me…did I really just mean that much to you?”

“I did you a favour.” Yoona snapped. “You were clearly planning to end it with me anyway so I did you the favour!” She turned to face Hwayoung with angry tear filled eyes.

“What are you talking about?” Hwayoung gasped. She tried choking back her own tears.

“What am I talking about?” Yoona scoffed. “I overheard you telling Seohyun that you had only befriended me because I was the princess, that you had only up to me, that you were only interested in my wealth. Ask yourself that question. Did I really only mean that much to you?”

“What…? I never said that though…” Hwayoung trailed, slightly speechless at Yoona’s outburst.

“Try to deny it all you want, I heard you with my own ears.” Yoona spat.

“Wait…was this on our results day?” Hwayoung asked. When Yoona didn’t reply, she guessed it was. “Yoona I think you’re misunderstanding something here.”

“There is no misunderstanding.” Yoona said.

“You didn’t even hear the full conversation!”

“I don’t think the rest of it would have been any better.”

“Seohyun had asked me why I was even friends with you. She told me I was just pretending to be your friend and it was so obvious that if you didn’t know it then you must have been paying me to hang around with you. I told her at the start I was only your friend because you were the princess, because you were rich. I didn’t even like you because of the fact that you had everything given to you on a gold plate.

“But then as I got to see the many sides to you I realised you were just a fragile misunderstood character. You had tried so hard to make friends but nobody saw you for who you were. My opinion of you had changed and I found myself enjoying our time together. You gave me so much that I could never repay you for. Because of you I was able to pay for my dad’s hospital fees. In the end he passed away. It was on our results day. I wanted to invite you to his funeral and my family also wanted to meet you and thank you. My dad had also always wanted to meet you as well. It never happened though because you stopped talking to me.” Hwayoung said. By now, Yoona’s eyes had widened and she had to hold back her sobs.

Yoona didn’t even know what to say. She had gotten everything so wrong. She had ruined their valuable friendship over a conversation she hadn’t even listened to properly. She wasn’t there for her best friend when she had needed her the most.

“I…I’m so sorry…” she whispered. What had she done? She had ruined everything. Nonetheless, Hwayoung took Yoona’s hand and smiled.

“Apology accepted.” She said. “Also I’m sorry for my first intentions.”

“Can…we start again?” Yoona asked whilst holding her breath. Was it too much to ask? Hwayoung wasn’t answering Yoona’s proposal. Instead she stared right at Yoona with a blank expression worrying the already anxious Yoona.

“Y…yes!” she sobbed. “Definitely!”

The pair cried in the other’s arm giving Luhan a fright when he had returned.

“What on earth?” he stammered. Entering the car, he sighed with satisfaction. It seemed the two had finally made up with each other.

“About time.” He commented before starting the car.  

 



A/N: Hwayoung and Yoona made up~ It was so weird writing the other members of SNSD as es XD Speaking of SNSD....I can't believe Jessica is leaving. I honestly don't know what to believe in terms of the true story so I'm just going to stay neutral. But I'm going to miss her :'( I'm sure everyone else is just as sad so cheer up to all the sones out there. Hopefully there will be a rainbow after the rain.