Prologue

Protect the Princess!

Prologue:

 

“Hmm…I want this and this and this please.” Yoona smiled to the shop assistant. The assistant gave a weary one back as she struggled to remember all the items the princess had ordered.

“Is this everything?” the assistant asked. Yoona scanned the shop just to make sure.

“Yep. That’s everything. I must be giving you a lot of business.” She chuckled as she flicked her hair.

“Neh…indeed you are…” the assistant looked outside at the window. Hundreds of girls were waiting outside to enter the shop and buy the exact same things the crown princess had bought. The assistant gulped as she led Yoona to the till.

“That would be xxxxxxxxx won please.” The assistant gasped at the price. She looked at the three dresses folded neatly in the bag and back to the price. Was it really worth it to spend so much money on three dresses? Then again this was Korea’s crown princess, future queen. Yoona didn’t even flinch at the price. She pulled out a card and used the machine to pay for the dresses. With another flick of her hair, she handed the bags to the maid who had been following her around and exited the shop.

“Ahh! It’s the princess!” the screams of the girls deafened her. “Omo! She’s so pretty! I want to look like her!” Yoona looked to the hopeful crowd of girls, sent another one of her famous smiles and waved.

“I hope you all have a good day.” She giggled. The girls went wild.

“Neh, princess! Seeing you has definitely brightened up our day!”

When Yoona was in the privacy of her car, she rolled her eyes. “Hwayoung, pass me the mirror.” She instructed the maid. Hwayoung quickly fumbled through her bag until she pulled out a large mirror. “Powder.” A compact powder was handed to Yoona. Yoona smiled to her reflection as she patted on the powder. “I’m seriously pretty…” she whispered. Hwayoung couldn’t help rolling her eyes. Why was she stuck with this vain princess? People were always telling her she was so lucky to be around the princess but Hwayoung thought very differently.

“Driver, we’re going home.” Yoona said. She was satisfied with the shopping she had done- four necklaces, three dresses, sixteen hats and a whole bunch of new makeup. Life was perfect when you were the princess. The driver started the car and the three of them were off. Yoona stared out of the window with disinterest. The car continued to catch the eyes of passer-by’s which slightly amused Yoona. But it was not enough to stop her from labelling the journey as boring. All of a sudden the car halted causing Yoona to hit her head against the back of the front seat.

“Yah! Why did you stop?!” she shouted.

“Ahh…princess…there is a truck blocking us…” the driver stammered. Yoona sighed as she pushed open the door. She would sort this out. She walked with utmost perfection to the truck, her heels clicking as she did so. When she finally caught the attention of the driver, she coughed.

“Excuse me!” she yelled at the top of her voice. The driver was quite high up so she had to strain her neck looking up. The truck driver peered out of the window with strange smile. He looked an absolute mess. Yoona creased her face in disgust.

“Do you know who I am?!” she exclaimed to the amused driver. Why was he smiling? He obviously didn’t know she could fire him from his job for doing this! “Yah! Move your truck! I am a busy person and I can’t afford my time on you!” The driver wasn’t answering. He simply chuckled. When Yoona was about to blow she felt two strong hands grab her arms.

“What the heck!?” she screamed. What was happening? She looked behind her to see her car surrounded by greasy looking scary men. Yoona gulped as she realised the situation she was in. She was being kidnapped. Desperately she screamed for help but to no avail. They were in an area where there was no one around. The men had now tied Yoona’s wrist with a rope and they continued to duct tape . Yoona fumbled and fumbled but she was nothing against these people. Was she going to die? This was the end of her life. She closed her eyes, preparing for the worst when she was being dragged to the truck. She didn’t hear the shouts and curses of the men as they were being beaten by someone. Until the grip on her hand loosened, Yoona didn’t turn. But when she finally did she saw an angel. No…a deer!

Yoona watched in awe as a slightly feminine looking boy punched, kicked and pulverised the men. Soon he had obliterated every man standing and went to untie Yoona. Was this her prince charming in shining armour? Her fairy-tale was finally happening!

“Are you okay?” the boy asked Yoona. Yoona smiled at him dreamily. He was perfect: the soft brown hair, the sparkling doe like eyes, the perfectly sculpted nose. He was the one.

“Uhh…yes.” Yoona finally replied when she snapped out of her day dreams. “T..thank you.” She felt her cheeks heat up as the boy helped her up. He scanned her body, checking for any injuries. “What’s your name?” Yoona smirked when she had regained her composure. When the boy gave her a strange look she coughed and explained herself. “What? I have to give you something in return for saving me! I need your name.”

“It’s okay, I don’t need anything.” The boy smiled. “But…my name is Luhan.” Luhan…that name was foreign. Was he Chinese? Yoona found herself wanting to know more about the boy but was interrupted when a fleet of guards and police came to her assistance.

“Princess, are you okay?!” one of the guards asked. Yoona was annoyed by the interruption.

“Does it look like I’d be okay after being nearly kidnapped?!” she snapped. She returned her attention to Luhan but he had disappeared. With a sulky pout, Yoona allowed herself to be rushed to the hospital by the guards.