The Dilemma of the Confused and Lost

Time Switch

Meanwhile in the Future…

Howon’s P.O.V.

I woke up early with a smile. This day will be a memorable day to cherish, I’ll make sure of it, and I’m sure Dongwoo is also in the same boat as me. I turned to face his side and saw that he’s still sleeping deeply. He must’ve been so tired yesterday that he passed out. Good thing some maids and butlers heard me and they were able to lift him to bed. I continued to stare at his sleeping figure for about five minutes until I’ve decided that we must get up now, to make this day into the perfection we wanted it to be. There’s a lot of things to be prepared, and we must bathe and clothe the babies too; if we don’t get up now, I’m afraid that we won’t be able to prepare everything on the time we’ve agreed on.

I sat up, smiling as I hear my husband snoring, and aimed at his lips for a wake up kiss. Dongwoo might be difficult to wake up for others, but not for me. One kiss on the lips from me and he will open his eyes almost immediately, like Snow White I guess. I’m waiting for him to wake up but there’s not even the littlest sign of him waking up. I frowned. Why isn’t he waking up? Kissing him always does the trick, but why isn’t it working this morning? I felt myself slightly panicking; what if he didn’t just faint out of exhaustion. I refuse to accept the idea that Dongwoo might be sick so I kept kissing him on the lips repeatedly. He still didn’t budge. My heart began beating faster. I kissed him again, this time I’m dedicated on not letting go until he kisses me back. His eyes started to open, and I smiled a little making an attempt to enter his mouth and deepen the kiss. His mouth was slowly opening but he suddenly closed it shut. I saw his eyes had become wide as if he was shocked. I detached my lips from his and was about to say something when he pushed me off of him. He sat up quickly and stared at me, his posture seems to be shaken. I stared back at him with confusion. I reached out a hand to him, but he just pushed it away.

“Yeobo, are you okay? Did you have a nightmare?” I made sure to ask him in the nicest and sincerest way I could so I was surprised that he yelled at me.

“Howon, have you gone crazy?! You wanted to kiss me?! I mean that’s just not cool, especially we are both men; and yeobo? Did someone make you do this, or are you still drunk?” I want to ask him about what he is talking about. We kiss at least four times every day and I call him yeobo often, so why is he so surprised?

I was about to ask when I heard the babies crying, they must’ve woken up when Dongwoo yelled. He looked at the crib with the same wide eyes as I made my way towards my crying boys. I lifted both of them up and looked at my husband for help, but he made no move to get up from the bed; he just sat there staring at me and our babies. I can’t wait for him any longer and began putting them to sleep again with the same method we used last night. When both of them have regained their sleep, I put them gently back down on their crib and made my way back to the bed with an annoyed feeling. I reached for a pillow and hit him harshly on his side. He winced and glared at me.

“That hurts, you know. What’s that even for? I didn’t do anything wrong.” Didn’t do anything wrong?! He ignored his sons’ cries when it’s basically his fault and left me to handle them alone, I have every right to hit him and be angry.

“You didn’t do anything wrong? You woke up the babies with your yelling yet you ignored them and didn’t bother to help me to put them to sleep again as if you’re not their father? Yeah right, you didn’t do anything wrong.” I said to him in a hushed yet firm tone, I don’t want to wake our boys again. He began chuckling nervously as he shakily stood up from the bed and step backwards from me. I saw panic in his eyes. Why is my husband acting this way? I tried to approach him but he keeps on moving back.

“I-I’m not liking this anymore. Whatever prank this is you’re pulling, I’m not liking it anymore! Stop, just stop!” Prank? Why does he think that I’m not serious, that all of this is just a prank? Did something bad really happened to him? (Gasp) Maybe he partially lost his memories! I must do something about this. I tried approaching him again and he continues to move backwards until his back met the wall. I have him cornered. He looks so scared and confused, seeing him like this makes my heart clench.

“Dongwoo, calm down. I’ll stop, okay, I’ll stop but please calm down.” He seems to be calming down so I slowly closed the distance between us. I took his hand and led him back to the bed. He seems comfortable with me now and began laughing hysterically. I laughed with him dryly.

“You got me good, Howon, never knew you could also be the pranking type.” I just nodded at him with a fake smile, and decided to just get along with him for the meantime. I talked with him and found out that all he seems to remember are memories from before we started dating. I felt crest-fallen. He can’t remember about there being an ‘us’; our relationship and our family. I almost wanted to cry then and there but I don’t want Dongwoo getting suspicious thus getting him scared again. I have to be strong, for us and our family.

“So whose babies are they? Your brothers are out of the question. You don’t have any sisters either. And I don’t recall you having close lady friends” Of course I don’t. Why would I bother and waste my time hanging out with ladies when I have Dongwoo to put all my attention to? So how do I answer?

“They are umm… my mother’s…noona’s…friend’s… cousin’s… sister’s!” Well that was lame, but I hope he still buys it. However, maybe I don’t mind him not believing me though. The husband I know of always know when I am lying or when something’s troubling me. He bought it, (unfortunately?)

“Oh. Okay! Can I hold one of them? They are just so cute! I just want to take them home! When I have kids, I want them to be just as cute as them!” But Woo, you are home, and they are your kids, our babies.

As I look his excited expression, I can’t stand to say no so I agreed and followed him to the cribs. He picked up the still sleeping Changwoo. I smiled as I saw him rocking the baby and making cooing noises. My smiled disappeared when I remembered the situation we are in. I have to make him remember. I have to bring back his memories. Maybe Sunggyu hyung knows what to do. So I left my boys, smiling as I left when I saw Dongwoo tickling Chiwon’s tummy, making our second born giggle and squirm in his sleep, and proceeded to go downstairs to make a phone call.

However, I just reached the last of the steps when suddenly the phone rang. I immediately went to it and was surprised to see the name ‘Nam-Kim Household’ appearing on the screen.

“Hello?” I started. I got even more surprised when I heard a crying Woohyun on the other line.

“Wonnie! Hyung, pushed me of the bed this morning and scolded me for letting my figure go and becoming fat. He pushed me, Wonnie and he called me fat! O my, hyung pushed me off the bed! Wonnie please come quick! I don’t if something bad happened to the babies and I don’t want to approach my mean husband again.” My eyes widened in shock to what I have just heard. Sunggyu, the one who can kill anyone who dares to harm his pregnant lover, and one who’d do anything just to make his wife happy, pushed Woohyun off the bed and scolded him for being fat! Just what is going? First my husband, then Woohyun’s husband. So help me I’ll go crazy when I find out that Sungjong’s and Sungyeol’s husband is also acting weirdly.

“Shhh, Hyun, it’s going to be alright. I’ll be coming there soon, okay. For now, stop crying and avoid getting depressed. They aren’t good for the babies.” I heard Woohyun still sniffling and humming in understanding.

“Now, can you tell me where Sunggyu hyung is right now?”

“H-He’s out and about rooms as if he’s confused and lost. I locked myself for the moment in our room. I’m… I’m afraid he’ll hurt me, Wonnie.” My frown deepened when I heard him being scared of his own husband. I hope this amnesia won’t ruin their relationship.

After knowing his condition and giving him some few reminders, I ended our conversation and quickly went upstairs to get my boys. I got distracted for a second when I saw the twins awake in Dongwoo’s arms. Dongwoo smiled at me.

“Who called?” And I was snapped back to my senses. Rummaging the closet of the twins to get them ready, and preparing the baby bag, I answered.

“Woohyun. It’s about Sunggyu hyung.”

“What’s the…” Before he could continue, I pulled him and the twins out of the room, downstairs, and into the garage where our driver was cleaning the car.

“Soomyeon, please take us to the Nam-Kim Household immediately.”

“Y-Yes sir!” It was clearly that he was shocked but I don’t blame him, it’s still too early for a visit.

“Who is he” I then remembered that Dongwoo has amnesia.

“He’s the driver that Woolim hired for Infinite H.”

“Ohhh. Cool! Hello mister, my name’s Dongwoo!” I chuckled as I saw the confused face of our driver. To make things clear, I whispered to Soomyeon about his master’s condition. He just said ‘Oh.’, and proceeded to drive us to our destination.

We arrive soon enough. Dongwoo looks so amazed with the vastness and grandeur of our friends’ mansion. He may have neglected to observe his own home. While his at awe, I picked up Chiwon from. The baby’s sleeping again, maybe he is like his father. I chuckled at the thought. As some butlers opened the doors for us, we are surprised to see Sunggyu hyung eyeing every maid and butler there is.

“Will someone please tell me where I am and what on earth happened to Woohyun!” The babies’ cried as our former leader shouted, his voice ringing throughout the mansion. Luckily Dongwoo was as quick to react as I am and we were able to calm both of them down. Hyung’s attention was drawn to us, however. I began to worry when Sunggyu hyung slowly approached us. Dongwoo was happy though.

“Howon, Dongwoo. Thank goodness you are here. Just where are we? And do you know what made Woohyun eat so much? He looks so huge right now. If he was a woman I would have mistaken him as four months pregnant with twins.” It’s because he is hyung, and you are in your home. You are not lost, nor abducted, you are where you are supposed to be, at home with your wife. Speaking of wife, I have to get to Woohyun. But first.

“Hyung, Woohyun is in a very delicate condition right now that’s why he has been… swelling. He called me earlier saying that he fers that you would hurt him and make him worse.” Sunggyu’s eyes widened, or so I think it did, and quickly went up to the room where Woohyun was in. Fearing that he might scare the latter, I followed them too, with Dongwoo and Changwoo tailing behind us.

“Woohyun! Hyun! I’m sorry! I didn’t know! Please forgive me! I won’t harm you again, I promise!” Hyung was repeatedly knocking the locked doors.

“No what if something bad happened to them! I can’t risk that! Just go away! Go to beautiful girls or something! You don’t need us anymore” It was look on how hyung reacted that he didn’t know what Hyun was talking about. I approached hyung and said that I’ll take over.

“Hyun? This is Wonnie. I’m here now. Please let me in.” We waited for a few minutes before the door slightly opened. Sunggyu hyung wanted to rush in but I stopped him and told him to wait. When I entered, I saw Woohyun on the bed, looking at me while slowly caressing his stomach. His eyes were puffy from crying. I slowly went to him and sat beside him, shifting the sleeping baby in my arms. I placed one hand on top of his that is resting on his swell and looked at him with sympathetic eyes.

“Hyun, are you alright?” He nodded slightly.

“Hyun, please don’t mind your husband’s words and actions right now, okay.”

“But hyung, they hurt! Doesn’t he love me anymore? I’ve become ugly, right, and because of that, he doesn’t want us anymore!” He said as new tears sprung from his eyes.

“Shhh. It’s not like that Hyun.” I tried calming him down but to no avail.

“Then why is he acting that way!” I sighed.

“I think he is experiencing partial amnesia just like Dongwoo.” His eyes became wide and I felt him become tense.

“Partial Amnesia?!”

“They can’t remember anything beyond Infinite’s Dilemma era.” Hyun started sobbing uncontrollably and I can’t do nothing but to just hug him back. Chiwon started to wake up again, so I gently broke the hug to rock him to sleep again.

“Wonnie, what should we do? Can we make them back to normal again? I already miss my husband. I hugged him again and was successful in calming him down.

“We’ll go to Myungsoo’s and see if the couple can help. I just hope that nothing’s wrong with them.” Woohyun just nodded.

“Wonnie, I’m hungry. Can we eat breakfast first?” I chucked at this bunny’s cuteness. Together we went out of the room. The sight that met us made us smile. Sitting on the floor was hyung and Woo cooing and playing with the now awake Changwoo. Chiwon must have heard his brother’s giggling and woke up too, reaching out for his daddy. I gently placed him on Dongwoo’s lap and Sunggyu hyung was just as glad to see another cute baby. Woohyun was at first reluctant to approach his husband but with little encouragement, he went to his hamster.

“Gyu, I’m sorry I acted that way.” Woohyun is becoming teary again. Sunggyu stood up and wipe the tears out of Woohyun’s eyes.

“It’s me that should be apologizing. I’m really sorry.” Woohyun smiled and that made the older smile also. “You’re forgiven. Now let’s eat! I’m starving.” I already felt that Sunggyu would be making a horrible comment again and stopped him even before he opened his mouth.

After having breakfast, Woohyun fixed himself and then we’re ready to go. Now I really pray that nothing’s wrong with Sungjong and Myungsoo. Within 30 minutes we have reached the couple’s estate, only to be startled by Sungjong’s screams. We ran quickly to the mansion and as the door were opened, we saw Sungjong struggling out of Myungsoo’s bridal carrying hold.

“Let me go! I’m not your wife!”

“Jongie! What’s wrong with you? I know that I hadn’t been with you for two months, and I’m sorry! Please don’t reject me like this! Please, yeobo!”

“Noooooo! Ahhh! Just let me go! I don’t care if we separate for two months! I actually want to be separated with you right now!”

“Jongie, you don’t mean that right! Please I’ll change just please don’t give up on us!”

“Ahhhh! There wasn’t even an ‘us’!”

“Jongie…” Myungsoo dejectedly let go of the maknae who was happy to be free from the other’s hold. I noticed that Myungsoo began crying and was about to leave their home. I blocked him and said,

“Myungsoo, just like Sunggyu hyung and Woo, I think your wife has partial amnesia, so please don’t give up on him.” That made Myungsoo calm down and turn to see his wife looking confused with his surroundings. He nodded and gently offered a hand to the younger who sat on the floor with tears slowly forming. All of us witnesses as Myungsoo, kissed Sungong’s tears gone and led the younger to sit on the couch. When all was settled in their living room. Myungsoo looked at me.

“Hyung can you explain your story to us and why you thought that our spouses have amnesia?” And so I explained. I hope that Myungsoo, would be able to know what’s wrong and find a way to make our spouses regain their memories back.

“Hyung I think your theory of amnesia is wrong?” My brows furrowed in confusion. What then can cause such behavior? I just simply observed him as he approached Sungjong.

“Jongie-ah, Gyu-hyung and Woo-hyung, what is the date today?” Mine and Woohyun’s eyes gew wide and teary when we heard their answer.

“March 31st, 2015!”

“Do you remember having something in common, a device perhaps that we don’t have.”

“We we’re given matching bracelets last night. You were there, how come you don’t know?” Myungsoo didn’t answer Gyu-hyung and proceeded to examine their bracelets. I think he noticed something and quickly got something out of his bag. It looked like a detector or something. Myungsoo placed the device near the bracelets. He showed a shocked expression that got all of us curious.

“Y-Your bracelets were charmed, and according to my readings the spell casted was a time switch spell! Howon hyung, Woohyunnie hyung, they are not our spouses!”

“What!?” I caught Woohyun as he fainted.