The Morning After

Time Switch

 

Sungjong P.O.V.

I’m so tired from last night. If I could, I will sleep all day. No one’s seems to be awake either, even though someone’s alarm clock keeps on beeping. Whoever’s that alarm clock is, it’s sure is strange. I mean the beeping sounds are too far apart, how could anyone wake up with that. I turned to hug my teddy bear, but I couldn’t grab it anywhere, my hands just keeps feeling nothing. Sungyeol hyung must be pranking me again.

‘Sungjong, please dear, wake up.’

Who was that? The voice seems to belong to an ahjumma, but why on earth would there be an ahjumma in our dorm, much less in our room? Did the company finally let us have a cleaning lady? If so then thank you, Woolim! But why is she trying to wake me up? Is it part of her job description? If it is then I regret thanking Woolim, another waking up enemy has entered the battle field. I decided to greet her and opened my eyes.

“Oh thank God! You’re finally awake. Wait here, I’ll get the doctor” Why is she acting like I was in a coma? And a doctor? I may be sore but it’s nothing that I can’t handle. I think’s there is a problem with this ahjumma.

“Umm…Don’t call the doctor. I’m fine, I don’t feel anything serious. Besides, I want to get to know you more, like what’s your name, ahjumma?” I smiled at her but she just looked at me with a confused and somehow horrified expression. I tried to ask what’s wrong.

“Y-you don’t know me? And-and you don’t remember your condition either?” I looked at her confused. I clearly don’t remember knowing her. Maybe she’s a long distant relative that I hadn’t known of. If that’s the case then I’m sorry for accusing her as a cleaning lady. And what condition is she talking about? Is there something wrong with me? I looked around and I must be really stupid for not realizing earlier that I am in a hospital. Wait does this mean that it’s something serious? Omo, I hope I don’t have anything deadly. Now I’m scared of knowing who she is and what condition I have but I decided to man up and asked her anyway.

“Who are you? What is this condition you’re talking about? Am I seriously ill?” The ahjumma had tears b in her eyes. I was shocked. Oh no! She’s crying. I was about to ask her why she is crying when she suddenly took a hold of my hands. I can feel a shiver run down my spine. Can this be any scarier?

“I am Eunsol, your head house maid and whom you and Myungsoo consider as your second mom…” She knew about Myungsoo hyung too. But why do we consider her as our second mom? I don’t know her and I clearly don’t remember doing anything that could make me lose my memories. Does Myungsoo hyung know her? I continued listening to her.

“And about your condition… well… you are supposed to be two and a half months pregnant with triplets.” I widened my eyes. How on earth could I be pregnant! And three?! Just whose strong entered my body?! No, that can’t be; I’m still a . I can’t be pregnant, it not possible! I am sure that I was born male, a very, very, very normal male! I’m also sure that I am not gay! I may be girly in form and actions but I’m not gay! I continued to stare at the ahjumma with wide eyes. Scratch the thought of her having a problem, she’s absolutely crazy! She should be the one on this bed not me.

“You really don’t remember do you?” I really wanted to scream at her ‘No! I don’t remember any of this nonsense!’, but being the polite boy I am I just shook my head and tried to reason out to her.

“I don’t want to offend you, ahjumma, but as you can see I have no s, that means I’m a boy not a girl, see, flat as an ironing board” I said hitting my chest. “I’m also pretty sure that I’m not gay and reckless enough to lose my ity to a boy, so I can’t be pregnant, let alone with triplets.” I tried to see if she understands me. She raised an eyebrow.

“I know you are a boy, but are you claiming to be straight and a ?” I nodded firmly. This ‘Eunsol’ stared at me with an amused expression and she began hysterically at me. I feel my blood boil in anger, trying to not slap this woman because you know how the press can get and I don’t want a ruined image just because of a mental patient.

“I’m sorry for laughing but you and Myungsoo often go at it like rabbits.” Me doing ‘that’ with Myungsoo hyung?! Never! Myungsoo hyung is not gay and so am I! We would never agree on doing ‘that’ together. This ahjumma just crossed the line. To insult me was one thing, but to include hyung in this nonsense too, she had gone too far. I felt my stomach, feeling relieved that it was still flat. I grabbed her hand and place it on my stomach.

“Feel it. If I am indeed two and half months pregnant with triplets as you said I am, I should have a bump by this time, right?” The ahjumma’s eyes widened as she felt my stomach in a panicked manner. I tried to move her shaky hands away from my stomach, which she very much complied too. She looked at me worried. She suddenly pressed the red button near my bed and a doctor with some nurses came rushing in. Just what is going on!

“Doctor! Please check him if the babies are alright.” Eunsol said to the doctor. The doctor ordered the nurses and one came up to me and suddenly pulled my hospital gown up. Are the people here crazy! The whole medical staff now see my stomach because of the crazy nurse. I saw the doctor’s eyes also widened. He again gave orders and several nurses came to me, lifting me up and putting me on the wheel chair they got. A nurse pushed me hurriedly to a room with the ahjumma, doctor and other nurses, trailing behind me. The room we went in to had a huge monitor beside the single bed in the room. The nurses quickly put me on the bed. The doctor revealed my stomach and put really cold gel on it. I squirmed a bit. The doctor was rubbing a wand on my stomach, then I saw what seems like the insides of my stomach on the screen. Everyone in the room stared at the screen as if they witnessed an impossibility be possible. What is so shocking? I don’t get it.

“Ms. Eunsol, there are no growing fetuses, in fact, according to what I see now, his insides show no signs of ever inhabiting life. He didn’t had a miscarriage if that’s what you’re thinking. It seems that he’s just simply not pregnant.” I wanted to say ‘I told you so’ to Eunsol and point an accusing finger at her while grinning like an idiot. But feeling the tension in the room, I decided to remain silent.

“How can it be? You are the very one who confirmed his pregnancy, the very one who saw the progress of his pregnancy in his monthly check-ups and now you’re telling us that ‘he’s just simply not pregnant’?!” The infuriated face of the ahjumma is quite funny, to be honest. But of course I didn’t laugh.

“Please calm down, I’m not exactly sure what happened but I can think of one logical possibility.” The doctor looked at me.

“What is the date today?” He asked me. Seriously? How is this related to the situation?

“31st of March, 2015.” I answered confidently. We just had our most awaited concert yesterday, how can I ever get the date today wrong. But what I saw lowered my confidence. They’re looking at me with those same wide eyes. Is it a habit here to look at people with wide eyes?

“I’m not sure if the technology industry of Mr. Kim invented some time travel device or portal or if the said industry was really involved in this but I’m sure of one thing...” Time travel? Is that even possible? How can this be ever considered a ‘logical possibility’? These people are really a bunch of nutcases.

‘He is not the Kim Sungjong of our time.’

********!**********

 At Present Time

Dongwoo P.O.V.

Even though I still don’t want to get up, I have to. Today is the special day where my two boys will finally be able to see the beauty of the outside world! Of course, being the good husband I am, I have to wake up early to prepare all the things that we will need to make this day perfect. I don’t want to disturb Howon because I know he is still tired from last night, actually I want to surprise him so that I can be rewarded greatly, hehehe.

 Well, time to open my eyes. I sat up and what I saw was definitely not what I was expecting. I mean I clearly remember sleeping only with my wife last night, how come all seven of us is in our room? Did we invite them over last night without me remembering? I think not, there’s no occasion for that. But why are they here? Wait, this isn’t our room. Oh no, the twins! I couldn’t see a crib anywhere! I immediately stand up and literally went in to every room there is in this unknown house or whatever building we are in. Actually, observing a little, this place seems very familiar, I can’t just put my finger on it. After entering all rooms, still no baby. I panicked a little. Then I remembered Howon, maybe he knows where Changwoo and Chiwon are. I ran to his place, not bothering to dodge the other sleeping figures on the floor that started to wake up because of my ruckus, and began shaking him violently.

“Hyung… stop shaking me. What’s wrong?” Oh good he’s awake now. He looks so cute right now, yawning while rubbing awake an eye. The shirt that he’s wearing is too loose on the collar part that revealed his creamy skin. If it weren’t for the fact that the boys are missing, I could have devoured him right then and there. I snapped out of my thoughts and tried to focus at the problem at hand.

“Yeobo, do you know where the twins are? I’ve searched all over the place and I can’t find them anywhere.” I saw his eyes close again and went back to his lying position. Did I just saw him went back to sleep as if he didn’t care that his sons are missing? I tried shaking him again, this time a lot harder. My Howon isn’t supposed to act like this, he’s supposed to be the overprotective mother that I know he is.

“Ho-aegi, wake up! Where are the kids? We have to get them both ready for our first ever family outing! Ya, don't ignore me! I honestly can't find the twins.” He woke up again, this time angrily. He stared at me like was about to punch me. Scary. But why is angry? Is his beauty sleep more important than his sons?!

“Look hyung, I’m tired, all of us are, so please stop pranking me already and just let me sleep. This is not even funny, all of us know here that you and I are not interested in each other in that way. And kids? Please don’t involve innocent kids in your pranks, Dongwoo hyung.” I stared at him in shock as well as Sunngyu and Sungjong who seems to have just woken up. Why does he think I’m pranking him? What does he mean ‘we’re not interested in that way’? Does he not love me anymore? And the twins, don’t they matter to him? I felt so much hatred in his voice. I feel betrayed. We’ve dated for three years, married for two years and we have been blessed with two angels and this is what he says after all that had happened between them. I don’t want to believe his words, maybe he’s still just sleepy… yeah, that’s it, he’s just still not in his right thinking, that’s why he said those words. I heard laughters from Myungsoo, Sungyeol and Woohyun, who seems to distancing himself from Sunggyu. I really want to punch them in the face with the exception of Woohyun because I know punching him might harm the babies he is carrying and that would mean an angry Kim Sunggyu, the last thing I would need right now.  I stand up and began heading out; I needed to clear these negative feelings first before I proceed to again start searching for my sons. But as I was headed out a hand grab me. I turned to see whose it was. It was Sunggyu who stopped me and Sungjong was beside him. He pulled me in a room with Sungjong.

“Dongwoo, don’t mind what you heard right now and also, don’t bother looking for the twins, I’m sure they are safe with Howon right now.” Sunggyu said in a whispered voice. I am confused, I just talked with Howon right now and I’m pretty sure that he doesn’t have Changwoo and Chiwon with him.

“He is not yet the Jang Howon you married. Dongwoo, don’t you remember this place?” My eyebrows furrowed further. I observed the room we are in with much effort in remembering it. It feels familiar, but I still can’t remember. Sungjong weakly spoke up.

“Hyung, we’re back in our idol days, the ‘Dilemma’ era to be exact. I, you and Sunggyu hyung seems to be the only ones who came from the future, the others seem to be clueless.” My eyes widened and I gasped in shock. Why were we back in time? What are we supposed to do here? My wife and sons must be getting ready for our family outing and I’m here in the past doing nothing! I just hope that he isn’t having a hard time because if he is, I don’t know how I can ever forgive myself for being an irresponsible husband and father. I looked at the maknae and saw tears falling from his eyes. I got a grip of myself and went to comfort Sungjong. Sunggyu followed.

“Don’t worry, everything will be fine. We will get back to our timeline soon.” I hope Sunggyu hyung is right, I hope we can get back to our time soon so we can reunite with our love ones again. I know that just as I am worried for Howon and my kids, Sunggyu is worried for Woohyun, maybe even more. My wife had the boys already and is very much capable of taking care of them but Woohyun, Woohyun is only at the early stage of his pregnancy, there’s still a lot that can happen that may endanger Woohyun and their twins, especially now that Sunggyu hyung is not there with him. Sungjong, I think he’s still waiting for Myungsoo like the loyal wife he is. Myungsoo already informed me that he will be back any day soon. He didn’t want Jongie to know saying that he want to surprise the younger. But seeing that Myungsoo may not be able to see his Sungjong in his arrival, he would have no choice but to wait for his wife’s return and their waiting game continues. I actually pity Sungjong, his husband left him for months and when the time that they can finally reunite again came, Sungjong just have to be pulled back to the past. Suddenly, Sunggyu chuckled, slightly breaking the gloomy atmosphere surrounding us.

“Well Dongwoo, if it makes you feel any better, you’re not the only one who received a rejection and was laughed at today.” Did he talk to the Woohyun of this time also?

“Well I talked to him this morning, before any of you could wake up…”

Flashback (Sunggyu’s P.O.V.)

I woke up very early since I am about to be late at work. I turned to give my wife a kiss on the forehead before I got up but I was surprised to see Sungyeol beside me, not my pregnant lover. I looked around trying to look for him. I feel there’s something wrong, we’re not in our bedroom like we were supposed to be and all of Infinite is here, though I can’t remember inviting them over. Looking for Woohyun got me observing the whole place. Then I realized where we are. We are in our dorm from when we were still K-pop idols. I know this place was turned into a museum, does this mean that we somehow got back to the past?! This made my heart beat faster, I have to find Woohyun now. I heard a click of a doorknob that seems to have come from the bathroom. I immediately stand up and headed towards there. I saw Woohyun coming up to me. I checked him, pressing his clothes to his stomach area. No bump! I sighed in relief, I know that my wife would be much safer in the future than here. But I have to make sure, just in case it’s an illusion, so I tested him.

‘Woohyun, let's get you checked up by a doctor. I think there is something wrong with the babies, your stomach should begin swelling now, right?’ He gave me a confused look. Yes, my Hyunnie is definitely safe in the future. I smiled at him shyly and told him that I was just joking. His confused expression didn’t wear off, though. I think he was even weird out of me. He laughed at me shakily and just walked pass through me without saying a word. I followed after a few seconds and saw him sleeping again. I didn’t want to disturb the Woohyun of this time anymore so I went back to my place and dozed off again.

End Flashback

Normal P.O.V.

Laughter filled the room. Sungjong is no longer crying and Dongwoo isn’t so down anymore. That put a smile on Sunggyu’s face. They decided to plan on what they’ll do while they’re in this time but before they start, the maknae called for their attention.

“Sunggyu hyung, Dongwoo hyung, I think you should know something first. Well, the thing is… well I’m…” loud banging on the door interrupted Sungjong from finishing what he was saying. Their attention was shifted at the door.

‘What are you three doing in there? Are you hiding anything from us? Open up! We want to know why you’re acting so weird. Come on! We’re supposed to tell each other everything! You’re being unfair. Myungsoo, Howon, quick, get the spare key and Sungyeol stop eating and help us get them to spill up.’

“What are we going to do now?” Dongwoo asked Sunggyu looking very much panicked. Sunggyu looked at Sungjong whose eyes are wide with fear. Sunggyu pulled both of them towards him and patted their shoulders. He sighed and looked at them in the eyes. They would eventually have to this.

“We have to tell them.” Dongwoo shakily nodded while Sungjong remained quiet. A click from the door was heard and all eyes was back again to the door.

“Tell us what?” Myungsoo said, smirking and giving that mischievous look. Sungjong, seeing the image of his husband like this felt like vomiting. He cupped his hands to his mouth and hurriedly ran out of the room. Dongwoo looked at Sunggyu with wide eyes.

“Hyung, do you think he is...”

“He might be, Dongwoo.” The two ignored the other four that were in the room and dashed out to see what has happened to the maknae. When they reached the bathroom, they saw the boy kneeling in front of the toilet vomiting almost nothing. Dongwoo knelt beside Sungjong and rubbed the younger’s back. Sunggyu turned to look if the others followed. It seemed that the four gave up on trying to know what’s wrong or just too hungry at the moment to even try follow them. He turned his gaze back to Sungjong who was catching his breath after vomiting.

“Sungjong, are you pregnant?” the said boy looked at him with a tired smile as he place a hand on his stomach that seems to have a bump already.

“Yes.” Now they really have no choice but to tell the other Infinite members of their true identity.