The Future's Love

Time Switch

They went out of the bathroom after Sungjong was sure that his stomach has settled down. They made their way to the dining table where they knew the past Infinite members will be busy eating their breakfast. Sunggyu smiled as he saw the old habits of his friends when eating; Myungsoo would always eat in spoonful’s that sometimes the food will spill out of his mouth and leave rice grains on his lips, Howon would bring his earphones with him on the table and eat while listening to hip hop music, Sungyeol, whom he can’t seem to find anywhere at the moment, would make at least two cups of coffee before he sits down at the dining table and drink them little by little while eating, and Woohyun, how can he forget the way the younger eats in little portions at a time and his lips after, the way he ily gulps his water in between his meal that up until they were together the younger continued to do. He thought that habits are truly hard to break. Every one of them seems to be engulfed with their breakfast as nobody detected their presence until the choding came holding two mugs which they assumed to contain coffee and invited them to eat breakfast. The others still paid no attention to them. Sunggyu started walking towards the table where the other members are when he felt a tug on his shirt. He looked back and saw that the maknae is turning pale with Dongwoo rubbing his hand on the back of the boy.

“Hyung, can I not go in there? Sungyeol hyung’s coffee is making me nauseous, I’ll just wait in the room.” ‘He’s feeling queasy again. He sure have a bad case of morning sickness, but that is expected in a multiple pregnancy.’ Sunggyu thought. He nodded to Sungjong, whom did not waste any time to get out of the place. Sungyeol noticed that something’s up, in addition to their weird behavior after waking up. When two of the boys in question sat down, he lowered his coffee and asked them the question he, no, they have been itching to get an answer.

“Sunggyu hyung, Dongwoo hyung, what is going on? Why are the three of you acting so weird?” this got the attention of the other three who looked up from their plates and eagerly waited for an answer. Sunggyu sighed. Dongwoo was shaking.

“I think it’s better if we tell you after you eat, when no one can choke and when there is no more coffee involved so that Sungjong can be with us again.” Dongwoo nodded his head in agreement. Woohyun, Howon, Sungyeol and Myungsoo got to thinking. ‘Is it that serious?’ they were confused, thinking of the possible reasons why their members are acting this way. Breakfast ended quickly, unfortunately, because the others can’t seem to wait any longer to know the truth. Sunggyu huddled them in the living room while Dongwoo was sniffing for any traces of caffeine in the air. When he smelled none, he went to the room where Sungjong was and called him to join them in the living room. Sunggyu made sure that the three of them from the future were sat beside each other and separated from the past Infinite. He turned to Sungjong and asked if he was feeling comfortable. Receiving a nod from the boy, he began.

“Well, you may not believe what we’re about to tell you but please hear us out.” He saw Howon raise an eyebrow at him and Sungyeol urging him to continue. He took a deep breath.

“We’re not exactly from this timeline, we are from the future. We don’t know why we’re sent here or even how we got here. I….” he stopped when he heard the past members laughing.

“Nice prank hyung! You made us believe that something serious is really happening. You even got to convince the maknae and dino hyung to help you. Woah, I never thought…”Woohyun stop what he was saying when he saw sad expressions on the face of Sungjong and Dongwoo instead of disappointed or annoyed ones. He saw the intensity of the stare Sunggyu was giving him, as if he is telling him that he is serious. The others seems to notice their expressions too and stopped laughing. ‘They are serious?!’ they thought. Myungsoo raised his hand, not knowing how to act in front of these ‘future beings’.

“Will you be able to return to your time? What happened to the Sunggyu hyung, Dongwoo hyung and Sungjong of our time? Will he, I mean they return to us again?” Sunggyu noticed that Myungsoo keep on glancing at Sungjong while he was asking his questions. ‘He’s concerned for their maknae, his Sungjong.’ Sunggyu gave him a pitiful look.

“I actually don’t know the exact answer to any of that but if my thoughts and intuition are correct, I think we will be able to come back to our time, especially when we have Sungjong here, the significant half of the president of all companies that specializes in technological advancements of the future Korea. For the Sunggyu, Dongwoo and Sungjong of your time, seeing that we are here, complete with our clothes and other possessions from the future, they might be in the future taking our place…” A series of comments came, most of them about how lucky their other members are to see the future. Sunggyu and Sungjong sweat dropped. ‘They think of that instead of the possibility that their members will be stuck in the future forever. Chodings.’

“Oh no! Hyung, my wife and kids in the care of past me?! My wife will kill me for abandoning them!” Sunggyu patted the back of the dino harshly.

“Calm down, Dongwoo. Have faith in your wife and in your past self as well. Besides, you’re not the only one getting scared. Remember that my wife is four months pregnant with twins, I also find it hard to trust anyone to take care of my wife especially in such a delicate condition, but I have faith in the past Sunggyu that he won’t do anything stupid. My wife will also be angry like yours, the only difference is that my wife is not a *third dan black belt taekwondo player. Just joking, now calm down, okay.” Sungjong chuckled at them and was amused to see the past members interested, or more like shocked in his hyungs discussion of their wives. He began counting off. ‘3…2…1…’

“YOU’RE MARRIED AND HAVE KIDS ALREADY!!!” Sungjong began chuckling again. He couldn’t really blame them since they looked so young, actually, it doesn’t even seem that they’ve aged, as if their still in their Infinite days. His hyungs are still recovering from the loud outburst of the boys so he decided that he should do the explaining.

“Due to global warming, the government established a new additional artificial atmosphere that protected us from being burned by the intense heat of the sun. Apparently it worked so well to the point that people stop aging by the age of 24. We’re not actually that young anymore, I’m already 28, Dongwoo hyung is 31 while Sunggyu hyung is 32. Do you understand?” he smiled as he saw the boys nod. ‘This makes me feel old.’ Howon raised his hand eagerly and proposed an idea that made the other boys feel excited also.

“Can you tell us what our future is? We can take turns in asking you questions, that is if you don’t mind.” The future members looked at each other with uncertainty in their eyes. They looked back to the boys who are telling one another what they think their future will be like. The boys stopped talking when they noticed that the future members are looking at them.

“Will you promise to us that whatever you will hear or know about the future, you will be open-minded and accepting of the facts from the future? They may be shocking for you.” The past members nodded, some even raising their right hand. Sunggyu is still unsure whether they should tell them or not. They may not accept what they will know which can have negative results to the future. He certainly don’t want a different future, a future that maybe Woohyun won’t be a part of. But as he looked at the eager eyes of the boys, he can’t help but to pity them.

“I’m still not sure whether to tell you or not so I want to test you to make sure that you are honest with your promise.” All looked at him confused.

“Raise your hand if you are gay for someone.” Silence filled the room. Dongwoo and Sungjong looked at him with wide eyes. He saw that no one was raising their hand. The boys were blushing but no one dared to raise a hand. Sunggyu was about to tell them that they won’t know anything about the future because they failed when suddenly he saw Myungsoo’s hand shot up. ‘Brave, he must be really anxious to know his future.’ The other past members looked at Myungsoo and his hand unbelievingly. ‘Our visual…is gay!’ they thought in unison.

“Myungsoo, are you sure that you’re gay for someone; that you’re not only doing this just so you could know about the future?” Dongwoo asked. Myungsoo nodded.

“Who are you gay for?” Myungsoo looked shakily to Sunggyu. Bowing his head, he answered.

“Su-Sungjong, Lee Sungjong.” Gasps can be heard from the other boys while the future members smiled at him, especially Sungjong who is chuckling, trying to hide the blush on his face. Sunggyu nudge Sungjong lightly and told the younger to tell the boy his relationship with Myungsoo in the future as a sneak peek. Sungjong blushed harder and called for the other blushing boy.

“I guess you will be happy to know that I’m no longer Lee Sungjong, band member of Infinite, but Kim Sungjong, wife and eternal partner of Kim Myungsoo.” Sungjong can’t stop laughing at the boy who was smiling and blushing so hard, saying a silent ‘yes!’. He was reminded of his own Myungsoo and touched his bump slightly. He really missed his goofy yet charismatic husband. Howon stood up as if he was headed out. This got the attention of all the people in the room on him.

“I…I’m gay for Dongwoo hyung, is that even alright?” Dongwoo smiled at the standing boy, he could care less for the other boys that were looking at him with shocked faces. He got up from his sitting position and walked towards Howon and happily embraced him tightly. Howon looked at him with wide confused eyes that was made cuter because of his blush.

“You…you’re not mad at me? You’re straight, you have a wife and kids and here I am confessing I’m gay for your past self. I-I might ruin your life in the future.” Dongwoo released the hug and looked at him, his smile not faltering.

“Ruin my life? How could you ruin what you, yourself made perfect?” Sunggyu just laughed at the greasiness of his friend, and he thought that his wife is the prince of greasiness. Howon just looked at Dongwoo confused.

“But you’re married and …”

“Yes, I’m married… I’m married to Jang Howon, the future you. Do you understand now? I’m not angry. In fact I should be thankful to you because now I’m sure I get to live the rest of my life with my beloved Ho-aegi.” Howon blushed harder.

“Wait, Jang Howon? Wife? You mean the mighty Hoya let himself be the submissive in the relationship? Woah… just woah.” ‘smack’ Sungyeol glared daggers to the standing boy who just threw a pillow at him.

“Nice, Sungyeol. Thank you for ruining the mood.” Dongwoo just laughed at the boy infront of him. After convincing Howon to sit down again, he went back to his place and leaned to Sunggyu to whisper.

“Mine and Sungjong’s partners already confessed, do you think Woohyun will confess soon.” Sunggyu glared at him and Dongwoo glared back. Sungjong smiled shakily at his hyungs. The staring contest was stopped when they heard Woohyun speak up.

“I guess there’s no point in hiding it any more since I now know that I’m not the only gay here… I’m in love with our leader.” Sunggyu smirked triumphantly at the dino who only laughed back. However he lost his attention to Dongwoo when he heard Woohyun sigh.

“Unlike Howon, I’m 100% sure that I won’t be your wife in the future. You said that your wife is pregnant, only a woman can be pregnant. Men can have kids, but can never be pregnant with them. Well now I know that you don’t swing that way, I can finally concentrate on maybe moving on. I’m happy that at least I finally had the guts to tell you my true feelings for you, even though I know that they won’t be returned.” Woohyun faked a smile that saddened everyone in the room. Sungyeol shot up from his seat and yelled at Sunggyu.

“HYUNG! CAN’T YOU JUST BE GAY FOR WOOHYUN HYUNG!” the choding sat down and looked at the oldest intensely. He was surprised to see Sunggyu chuckling along with the other two.

“But I’m also in love with him, Sungyeol, which means I’m gay for him. Don’t need to remind me that. If I do not love him, I wouldn’t have married him in the first place.” Woohyun looked at Sunggyu, the others past members looked at him surprised too.

“But you said that your wife is pregnant hyung. How can that be?” Sunggyu looked at Dongwoo and then to Sungjong. They were trying to save the pregnancy part for last. Sungjong gave him a smile while holding his stomach, encouraging him to explain the subject.

“Woohyun is actually the one whom I’ve been referring to as my pregnant wife.” Woohyun turned pale. Myungsoo noticed him and quickly got him a glass of water. Howon spoke after seeing his hyung in such a state.

“But how is that even possible hyung?”Woohyun listened intently, as well as the other past members.

“First of all, please be informed that I am the president of all medical institutions in the future Korea and is a very skilled and qualified doctor, so you can assure that what I’ll be explaining is true and is not merely fiction. Sungjong told you about the artificial atmosphere already. Studies say that the substance that makes pregnancy possible among women can also be found in our environment. However, when global warming became too intense, these substances mutated and multiplied alarmingly. It was declared to be an outbreak, all citizens of Korea became exposed to the unknown substance. The results of the outbreak was that no birth or conception of a child happened for a year. Scientists thought that sterility for a year was the only effect of it. They were surprised, however, when a man receive positive for pregnancy in his check-up. He was observed to have a fully functioning uterus that can support the growing fetus inside of him. The government was of course alarmed. They demanded that all men be checked if they too have the necessary parts to conceive and carry a baby. Thankfully, not all men came out positive, only men with low testosterone levels were affected. Because of the outbreak, the gender society was decreed to be divided in to three: the males, females and carriers. Carriers, even though different, were respected and treated equally so there was no issue with them. Dongwoo, Myungsoo and I maintained our uality as males, but Woohyun, Howon, Sungyeol and Sungjong became carriers. The pregnancy of a carrier was soon found out to be quite similar to a normal pregnancy, the only difference is that it takes 12 months to complete; the fetus would stop growing at the ninth month but will continue to develop for three more months. Is there any question?” All of the boys, except Sungjong and Dongwoo, became pale, their eyes not blinking. Howon was suddenly reminded that he and Dongwoo have kids. His heart started beating faster. He looked at Dongwoo and asked with a shaky voice.

“Is my future self actually the very one who carried your kids, Dongwoo hyung?” the elder smiled and nodded slightly at him, confirming his suspicions.

“Yeah. He gave birth to our twin boys last month. Their names are Changwoo and Chiwon, are you alright?” Dongwoo frowned when he saw the sad, confused face of Howon. He was about to approach him when suddenly the latter smiled a little.

“Then, that is great. I mean, this maybe surreal at the moment, but looking at the big picture, it’s actually kind of a good thing. I will have the ability to produce children of my own flesh and blood with the man I’m in love with, that’s better than adopting, I guess.” Woohyun looked at Howon and thought about his words which quite made sense. Although he can’t still imagine himself with a huge round belly, he kept thinking about having kids that looked like him and Sunggyu. He felt a smile forming on his lips. He looked at Myungsoo and Sungyeol and saw that they are also starting to accept and like the idea. Dongwoo smiled at the past self of his wife and saw that his two friends are also smiling at him. ‘He said the same thing when he was confirmed to be a carrier. Those two sentences never did fail to motivate.’ He suddenly remembered that he have a family picture of the four of them in his wallet. He quickly fished out his wallet from his back pocket and looked at the picture. He smiled, it was taken two weeks after the twins were born. All of them were dressed in a mixture of purple and green, both he and Howon smiling widely with a baby each in their arms. He took it out and called for the others.

“I have a picture of my family here, do you want to see?” The boys immediately went to him and looked at the picture. Dongwoo can’t help to feel proud of his family as he hears the praising comments coming from the younger boys. Sungyeol asked who is who.

“I’m carrying Chiwon, the younger, while Howon is holding Changwoo.”

“Wow, they’re so cute hyung!”

“Both of them resemble Howon hyung more but Chiwon has your lips while Changwoo has your eyes.”

“Are you sure they’re your kids, hyung? They are so adorable while the two of you are just…ughh.”

“Don’t ruin the mood again, Yeol.”

After fawning over Dongwoo’s picture, the boys looked at Sunggyu in anticipation. Sunggyu rubbed his neck, feeling uneasy in the way Woohyun is staring at him. He didn’t have a family picture yet because the babies are not yet born but what he does have is a very memorable picture of him and his wife. He took it out and looked at it, laughing silently at their foolishness. He and Woohyun was dripping wet in the picture wearing their game outfit, smiling at the camera with a matching v-sign. Sungjong and Dongwoo laughed at the picture remembering the time they actually watched them posing for the shot.

Myungsoo doesn’t know what’s so funny about the picture, and he’s sure that his other hyungs doesn’t know as well. So he tried asking what the significance of the picture is. Sunggyu blushed in embarrassment so he looked at Dongwoo hoping he would answer.

“Woohyun got interested in the american game show called ‘Wipe Out’, he would always watch it with Sunggyu hyung. When it was announced that the production crew will be coming to South Korea for a special edition ‘Wedding Couple Wipe Out” he immediately signed him and Sunggyu as participants, much to the dismay of hyung, but he said he would agree to anything as long as his wife is happy. It’s quite romantic if you put it that way but it was hilarious in the making. You don’t know how funny it was to watch a Nambunny and hamsterGyu repeatedly tumbling and smacking their faces on the game’s obstacle course. They won unexpectedly. They took that picture to forever treasure that one day they became brave, according to Sunggyu hyung.” Now the other boys started laughing as they knew the story behind the picture. Woohyun was also laughing. They laughed for about five minutes straight until they saw the glare the eldest was giving them. The younger boys then looked at Sungjong who looked back at them with a tired smile. Silence filled the room once again as they waited for the maknae to bring out a picture from his wallet. Sungjong took out a picture of him and Myungsoo at the beach, splashing each other with water while smiling. The picture, for Sungjong, has a deep value, since it was the last picture taken of them together before Myungsoo left for Japan. He sighed and gave it to the others with a smile. His smiled widened as he saw the happy face the past Myungsoo is showing. He suddenly remembered that time, when they went to the beach to relax but they ended up playing anyway, when his husband smiled at him with a sunset background. That picture, too, was fawned over. When Sunggyu was sure that the past members was done with their feels, he looked at Sungjong as if asking his permission. The younger nodded smiling.

“Since that all of you now know that pregnancy among males is possible in the future, we think that you would be fine knowing a secret of Sungjong.” The young boys’ gaze fell upon the said maknae. Sungjong looked at them and gave them a shy smile. He placed a hand on his stomach, revealing the roundness of it. He looked at his bump with a smile and rubbed it soothingly

“I’m actually pregnant right now, two and a half months in with triplets.” The past members looked at him with shocked yet happy faces. He smiled along with them. As expected, he was bombarded with questions. He was happy that all of them are so accepting of his situation.

“Really?! Can I touch, hyung? Please!” Sungjong nodded at Woohyun. Woohyun hurriedly went to Sungjong’s side and slowly placed a hand on the latter’s stomach. The younger looked at Sungjong with wide eyes.

“It’s so firm! Is it supposed to be this firm?” Sungjong nodded at the younger.

“Can I be next?” He looked at Howon and gestured him to come close.

“No, I should be next! I’m their future father.” Myungsoo said with a proud smirk.

“We’re in the past, your right is still not valid.” Howon came to Sungjong while the two were arguing. He smiled at the elder, feeling the roundness of the bump.

“The Myungsoo of the future must be happy.” His smile faded when he saw Sungjong bowed his head, his smile wavering.

“Myungsoo doesn’t know”He felt something wet on his hand and realized that the latter is crying. He want to ask what happened but hesitated to do so. Sunggyu patted the Sungjong’s back. He looked at Dongwoo who sighed and explained the situation to them.

“Myungsoo left for Japan, because of some business matters, the day after Sungjong knew that they were expecting. He never did had the chance to tell him personally and it has been two months since.”

All of them looked at Sungjong whom was in the embrace of Sunggyu. Sunggyu glanced at them.

“He’s asleep, all of this may have been too tiring or stressful for him” He carried Sungjong in his arms and went towards the room they’ve been in to with the others following him. He laid him gently on the bed sat on the edge of the bed. He smiled at how peaceful the younger looks. ‘It must have been hard for him, pregnant with triplets without his husband by his side. He had it far worse than us.’ He brushed of some bangs on the younger’s head, then looked at the others behind him with an assuring smile.

“Let’s just continue the meeting about the future later, when Sungjong wake up.” Myungsoo walked towards the bed and sat beside Sunggyu.

“Will he be really alright being here?” He looked at the worried eyes of the boy and then looked at the others

“I’m not sure, but I know that with all of our support, he will be alright. Infinite fighting!”

“Yeah!” all of them shouted together quietly.

‘We will be alright.’ Sungjong smiled in his sleep

                                                                                                                                                                                                            

I'm sorry if this ended up as a dissapointment even after not updating for so long. Sorry!