The Night that Started it All

Time Switch

‘Can you save, can you save me… save me.’ Screams filled the stadium as Infinite sung their last song. ‘I love you’ s and words of encouragement came from the fans, screaming them at the top of their lungs. The seven boys can’t really help but to smile like idiots with tears b in their eyes. Months of preparations finally paid off and to see their most beloved fans so happy and supportive of them, they couldn’t be any happier. After those gruesome practices that made their body ache, those sleep and food-deprived days and very stressful moments, they had succeeded in giving the fans the dream concert they would very much be happy of. They didn’t mind the sweat trickling down their foreheads or the fact that they are short out of breath and aching all over. For now, all they could feel is the fans’ love and their overflowing happiness from the success they achieved.

‘Thank you everyone for being with all of us here tonight! This night wouldn’t have been so fun and exciting without you guys! Thank you for all the support you’ve given us throughout all this years, especially tonight; Infinite Dream Concert would not be successful without all of you! We can’t really express how happy we are right now seeing all of you so happy and supportive of our performances! We promise that we will continue to work hard to give you more great performances in the future. Inspirits saranghae!’

The concert ended and Infinite along with the staff members and their managers had a celebration at the back of the stadium to celebrate the success their concert gained. Cheers and laughters can be heard here and there. After about three hours of celebrating, their mangers had made the decision to send the boys back to their dorm so they could finally rest their tired bodies and enjoy the three month break that awaits them. This was their last activity before going on hiatus again. Three months for them to rest and spend their leisure time and another three months to prepare for their comeback. While this time range seems out of the norm for idol groups, it was declared to be so because Woolim thought that Infinite deserved the much needed break and as for their comeback, they already finished almost half of the incoming album and is near perfecting the choreographies needed during some idle time, so three months would be enough preparation.

As they were heading to the van, a fan came running to them. The boys put up a smile for her and she smiled back. The girl had what seems to be purple eyes that they just assumed to be contacts and short hair that was tied in two low messy buns. She was wearing a light pink jacket with a white Infinite dress shirt underneath that was partnered with denim shorts and sneakers. All in all, she looks like a pretty nice girl.

“Ummm…I’m sorry for disturbing you but I just wanted to give these gifts to Sunggyu oppa, Dongwoo oppa and Sungjong oppa…” the girl gave a box each to the three that were smiling and saying thank you to the girl as they received a box. They opened it to see a beautiful small-beaded bracelet with an intricately designed pendant at the center. Each of them got a different color, Sunggyu’s is blue, Dongwoo’s is purple and Sungjong received white. “I made them myself to congratulate you on your success. I am a big fan of Infinite, especially you three. I was so happy that I made these. I thought that since I made them for you, you should also receive it. I’m sorry though that I wasn’t able to make anything for Hoya oppa, Woohyun oppa, Sungyeol oppa and L oppa.” Woohyun responded “It’s alright. Just knowing that you support Infinite and is an Inspirit whom we can love so much is already a great gift for us.” He then started creating hearts for the girl and acting cute. The others just laughed at him along with the girl that is already blushing at the scene. After a while the members bid their goodbyes to her and the girl waved back shyly.

When the van was no longer in her sight, her shy smile became wicked and she laughed hysterically. “Now let’s see if your love can still be infinite…at the of midnight, let the heartbreaking fun begin!” Her unnerving laugh can be heard throughout the parking lot.

Unknown to her, a figure was watching her from afar. “Unnie, why must you do this?”

Meanwhile in the Future

Sungjong just woke up from his slumber and turned to face the other side of the bed. He sighed ‘Still empty… like how it has been for the past two months.’ His thoughts were soon interrupted by the feeling of bile rising up to his throat. He sat up slowly and cupped his mouth while taking in deep breaths, trying to pass off the feeling. His attempts, however, became useless as he felt that he can no longer contain the bile in his throat and dashed towards the bathroom. He slammed the door open, not bothering on closing it, and immediately knelt in front of the toilet to vomit all that he had eaten the night before. After ten minutes of non-stop puking, his stomach finally settled. He leaned to the wall and put a hand on his stomach, rubbing soothing circles. “Babies-ah, please take it easy on umma. I’m sorry for feeling lonely again. Umma knows that the three of you are here with me to keep me company, no need to remind umma.” Just as he was trying his best to get up from the floor, Eunsol, their house maid whom they also consider their second mother, came rushing in. “Sungjong! Are you okay?! I was preparing your breakfast and I heard retching sounds!” Sungjong smiled tiredly at her. “I’m fine Eunsol, though I am quite weak after a bad case of morning sickness.” Eunsol looked at the pale face of Sungjong with a frown. She offered her hands to the boy who took it gratefully. She do not like seeing him in such a weak state. She always made sure that Sungjong, because of his thin frame, is taken well care of. She always had viewed him to be so fragile.

She clearly remember the day she first found Sungjong vomiting violently in the bathroom, she was so worried as to what was happening to the boy that she ordered the couple’s driver to drive them both immediately to the hospital. Then they found out that Sungjong was pregnant with Myungsoo’s children. They hugged each other and cried in happiness. On their way back, Eunsol immediately ordered the chefs to cook Myungsoo’s and Sungjong’s favorite dishes and the other butlers and maids to prepare the dining hall. Myungsoo soon arrived and she watched Sungjong hug him tightly, mindful of the babies of course, and led him to the dining hall. He was so focused on pulling the older to the hall that he didn’t notice the frown on his husband’s face. She wondered what can be the cause of such a frown in such a joyous day. She waited excitedly at the side for Sungjong to tell the other of the good news. Just as the younger was about to tell the news, Myungsoo spoke up, saying that he wants to tell Sungjong something very important. Sungjong, still smiling, allowed him to speak up first. His smile, though, vanished as he heard of his huaband’s urgent sudden trip to Japan that Myungsoo himself doesn’t know when he will back from it. The older said something about building new headquarters there and that he was needed in leading the construction as well as in some business matters. She saw Sungjong’s head hung low, probably fighting the tears that threatened to fall. The boy lifted his face again with a smile that she all knew was fake. Myungsoo probably noticed this too. ‘It’s alright, just take good care of yourself there. We’ll be waiting for you.’ She shed a tear hearing the ‘we’ that Sungjong just mentioned. Myungsoo smiled gratefully to his wife, clearly oblivious to what that ‘we’meant. To Myungsoo, it might be just Sungjong and the rest of the household staff, but to her and Sungjong, it was meant for the younger and the babies. The dinner went on quietly. Myungsoo left the next day after bidding his wife a last goodbye. She remembered the nights were she would hear the muffled crying of Sungjong. She needed to constantly remind him that he was carrying lives to stop him from stressing himself too much.

Sungjong got over his depression, thankfully, and became a very responsible mother-to-be. She loved seeing the boy being so careful and caring. She would often see him walking with a hand on his stomach and hear him speaking and telling stories to his stomach even though it still early for the babies to hear anything. If she got lucky, she would hear the angelic voice of the boy singing to the songs he and the other Infinite members sung way back when they were still in their idol days. She was actually one of those noona Inspirits, name an album and she has it, there’s also not a concert or fan meeting she didn’t attend.

Her thoughts soon came to a stop as she heard a grumble from the stomach of the boy who’s looking quite shy. Eunsol chuckled.

“I am guessing all four of you are hungry, right” Sungjong shyly nodded.

“Well, come on. I’ve made you your favorite.” She laughed as the younger pulled him hurriedly to the dining hall. No one else was with them in the Lee-Kim Mansion to witness the boy’s childish acts as all of them had their day off, of course by the order of Sungjong. Eunsol was an exception. The couple insisted her to take the one day off offer but she always refused them. When they got down to the dining hall, Sungjong was immediately served with five bowls of rice and noodles, which he finished all in no time. He patted his bump, indicating that he was full. Feeling the bump and how much it had grown, he thought to himself ‘Myung, when are you coming back? When can I ever tell you that I’m pregnant? Myung please come back to us soon. I love you’

********!*********

Dongwoo was dancing to a very loud hip hop music in the dance studio of the Lee-Jang Mansion when suddenly he saw Howon coming in with a tired face. He stopped the music and asked his wife what’s wrong as he approached him.

“Woo, the twins woke up because of the loud music. Can you please turn down the volume so that I could put them to sleep again?” Dongwoo felt guilty. Howon probably spent about three hours of the night trying to lull the babies to sleep and when his wife was able to finally sleep, he had to just come back from work and dance to very loud music to celebrate a business accomplishment. ‘well done, Dongwoo.’ He thought to himself.

“Let me turn off the music and I’ll come with you. I’ll help put the babies to sleep. I’m really sorry, Ho-aegi. Please forgive me.” Howon looked at him with a tired smile. Taking care of a baby is hard, taking care of two is even harder. When he was still pregnant, he and Dongwoo decided that they will not have a maid to take care of the twins because they wanted the two to grow up familiar with them and and their love. He never realized that it would be so hard not until after he gave birth. He and Dongwoo couldn’t sleep properly unlike before where he and his husband would sometimes sleep until noon. But even so, he and his husband wouldn’t mind a few sacrifices if it will be for the better of the twins.

Hand in hand they went to the nursery of the twins. Dongwoo got Changwoo, who was older of the two, while Howon got Chiwon. After confirming that they don’t need a change of diaper, both of them went down to make the babies some milk. Howon handed Dongwoo and proceeded to prepare the milk while his husband was left busy bouncing the babies to calm them down. Soon, both baby had a bottle of milk to drink and silence returned. The twins were not yet asleep, they were just looking at their parents with sleepy eyes. Howon chuckled.

“Cute aren’t they? But they must sleep. Yeobo, any good ideas?” Dongwoo brightened as he came up with an idea.

“How about we sing a song to them like ‘Can You Smile?’” Howon smiled at his husband. They did that after they went up again to the nusery. But even after singing the chorus part the twins still didn’t show any signs of sleeping.

“It’s not working.” Sighed Howon.

“How about we sing rap parts or Infinite H’s songs like pretty, we could even dance slightly to rock the babies to sleep” Howon looked at Dongwoo trying his best not to laugh.

“Alright, let’s do that.” And believe it or not it actually worked. Dongwoo was satisfied seeing his wife so amazed that the twins are staring to doze off while they were singing. When both baby were finally asleep, their parents place them back in their cribs and just stood beside them, looking at their sleeping figures. Howon looked at Dongwoo.

“I think our sons will grow up to be rappers like us” the older nodded.

“Um… Aegi-ah, since Changwoo and Chiwon will already be a month old tomorrow, can we take them to the park and have our first family bonding. I mean I think it’s about time that the twins see the beauty of the world. But if you don’t like it, then never mind. We could do something else and…” Dongwoo didn’t had the chance to complete his sentence before Howon’s lips came crushing onto his.

“I, Chang and Chi would very much love that. I love you, Woo. Thank you for everything!” and then they kissed again.

********!**********

“Sunggyu, Gyu, please wake up” when the older still didn’t budge, Woohyun slowly sat himself up and looked at his huband with an annoyed expression. He angrily grabbed his pillow and began hitting the other.

“Yah!(thud)Kim(thud)Sung(thud)gyu!(thud)”

Sunggyu finally woke up to see the flustered face of his wife. Seeing this, he immediately sat up straight asked his wife if he’s alright.

“No! I’m not alright! I tried waking you up for a long time; what if I went to labor?! You don’t seem to give me much attention anymore!” Sunggyu wasn’t so surprised when he saw Woohyun crying, he already experienced a lot of these with Woohyun. He understands that his wife’s hormones is not stable, especially that the younger was four months pregnant with their twins. He sighed and patted Woohyun’s back

 “I am very sorry for not waking up soon, Hyunnie. It’s just that I’m so tired after not being able to sleep for almost three days. I promise it won’t happen again. I will personally train myself to always be alert even when sleeping; so please, Hyun, please forgive me.” He tried to do an aegyeo and as usual he failed, but he didn’t fail to make Woohyun smile, though.

“You’re forgiven.” Woohyun said, chuckling at his husband who keeps on doing fail aegyeo.

“Thank you, Hyun. Now, can you please tell me why you want me to wake up at three o’clock in the morning?” Sunggyu looked at Woohyun confusedly as the younger shyly bowed his head and place both his hands on his protruding stomach.

“Well the three of us are hungry, so can you please cook something for us.” Sunngyu can’t help but to chuckle at the cuteness of his wife. He lifted the younger’s chin and pecked the younger’s lips.

“No need to be shy, Hyunnie. I’ll gladly cook for all of you.” He kissed his wife’s swell and proceeded to climb out of bed. Just as he was about to leave, Woohyun called him.

“Is it okay if I come with you?” Sunggyu wanted to say ‘no’ and just let the younger rest but seeing the pleading eyes of his, how can he refuse. He went back to his wife and helped him get back. It was getting harder for Woohyun to sit and stand on his own now that his stomach is getting big so when Sunggyu’s not around, he always made sure that there was someone who can help him in those tasks. The older holds the hand of his wife as they went down the stairs. Careful because Woohyun’s carrying children, they went down slowly, much to the annoyance of Woohyun.

They headed to the kitchen, Sunggyu let Woohyun sit first on a chair before starting on his task of cooking for his wife and unborn children. He may not be as skilled as their chefs but he is willing to try his best to please the taste buds of his wife and make sure that their twins will be healthy. He made sure that every ingredient he used was healthy. He spent about almost thirty minutes in the kitchen. As he went out to serve the dishes he made, he saw the younger sleeping on the table, with the younger’s arms supporting his head. Sunggyu smiled. He gently shook Woohyun awake and presented him what he prepared for him. Woohyun gratefully ate the food given to him. His husband sat across him, smiling and slightly chuckling to himself. Woohyun stopped eating.

“What’s so funny, Gyu?” Sunggyu just shrugged.

“You’re just so cute.” The younger continued eating with a smile.

“Yeobo, I already know that. I love you.”

Somewhere unknown at present time

“Five seconds till midnight… If I were you, I would be saying my last I love you to my partner; after all, this will be the last time you will ever see them…”

Five… Four…

‘Sungjong, dress up and we’ll go out to the park.'

‘Really, ahjumma?! Thank you very much! I’ll be right back.’

‘Be careful alright.’

Three…

‘I can just stand here all night staring at them.’

‘Me too, Ho-aegi, me too’ ‘Which park will we take them to?’

‘The park where we first officially dated?’

‘That would be perfect.’

Two…

‘Come on, Hyun, let’s go back to bed.’

‘Alright hyung. I’m just going to take a glass of water with me.’

‘I’ll go get it. Stay here and wait for me okay.’

‘Okay. Be quick!’

One…

.

.

.

‘Sungjong! Sungjong! Help! Help us! Quickly get him to the hospital!’

.

.

.

‘Woo…Woo! Jang Dongwoo! Don’t pass out on me! Wake up, please!’

.

.

.

‘G-Gyu? S-Sunggyu! W-wake up, Wake up! Sunggyu! Anyone! Please help us!