Epilogue: 5 Years, 5 Months, 5 Weeks, 5 Hours, 5 Minutes, 5 Last Seconds

Countdown

Baekhyun had started doing chemotherapy, for himself and for Chanyeol. Baekhyun didn't want it at first because he knew that there was no cure in having cancer. There were survivors but there was always a possibility that it would come back, and Baekhyun didn't want their money be put into waste. He liked to give it to her family first because he knew that they'd use it in more necessary things.

 

Chanyeol can see the pain Baekhyun was going through and he didn't know how he felt it too. Baekhyun tried to smile for him but also, he broke for he's sure he'd leave Chanyeol. Chanyeol can see the blood and pale skin Baekhyun had even though he didn't want to witness it. Chanyeol didn't know how to live without Baekhyun.

"You do know how to. You lived for 25 years without me." Baekhyun said softly.

"But I learned to live these 5 years with you." Chanyeol tried not to cry.

"And you'll learn again how to live it without me." Baekhyun wanted Chanyeol to.

"I'm not used to it." Chanyeol pouted at Baekhyun, Baekhyun, for these weeks, was so eager to tell Chanyeol that it's fine to leave him. But for Baekhyun's knowledge, Chanyeol wouldn't.

"You should be. In 5 years." Baekhyun said but Chanyeol didn't continue what Baekhyun said. He just can't and he thought he never could.

"No, just tell me something I don't know." Chanyeol said instead.

Baekhyun smiled and breathed heavily as he readied his statements, "It took me 5 seconds to fall in love with you as you ran to the seat behind me the first time we saw each other." and Chanyeol smiled as he remembered what Baekhyun was talking about.

"It took me 5 minutes to finally talk to you because I don't really know how to especially because I'm just a stranger." Baekhyun shrugged and Chanyeol was laughing learning now what Baekhyun was feeling that time.

"It took me 5 hours to see and realize that I have to keep in touch with you. I knew in myself I should take this chance: to fall in love with a guy like you. Thus, I gave you my e-mail."

"It took me 5 days to wait for your e-mail, I was so happy in those five days having the hope that you'd still e-mail me but it took me 5 weeks to be depressed because you haven't e-mailed me. Then you suddenly popped out the office and I was so happy. We became close and those were ones of the best moments I had in my life since my family was not there with me."

"It took me 5 months to get to know you more, thus, to love you more and to tell you I love you by always guiding you to work and be with you everytime you need me." Chanyeol can only nod as he understood what Baekhyun was saying.

"And finally, it took me 5 years, 5 months, 5 weeks, 5 days, 5 hours, 5 minutes, and 5 seconds to say you're the only one I love Chanyeol."

Chanyeol then smiled and kissed Baekhyun's hand. "Then can I tell you mine?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun nodded and got excited at what Chanyeol was going to say. "I was the one who picked the pair of shoes your father gave you."

Baekhyun's eyes sparkled, "Really?"

"Yes." And Chanyeol showed Baekhyun the shoe.

Baekhyun's eyes wrinkled, "Where's the other pair?"

"With them." And Baekhyun's family went in the hospital room. "And as you said, pair of shoes... if it's not paired with the other one, just imagine that you are the other pair and your family and of course, I am the other pair, we won't be complete if we're not together. We're partners and made to be together, so there. I know that you won't be complete if your family is not there for you."

Baekhyun then thanked Chanyeol forever. He was crying so hard as her mother hugged him and said that she'll be there for Baekhyun from now on, and that they were so sorry leaving Baekhyun behind. Baekhyun never felt so complete, and it was all because of Chanyeol.

 

IT TOOK CHANYEOL 5 MONTHS TO UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING

 

Jongin walked in the hospital room, the atmosphere wasn't thick, and Baekhyun's thankful for that. Jongin looked at Chanyeol and gestured for them to talk. And this time, Chanyeol figured out that Jongin would be Baekhyun's doctor. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun and held his hand before going out the room. Baekhyun just gave him a smile.

 

It took Jongin 5 seconds to tell Chanyeol what they've been doing.

 

Chanyeol didn't know why he felt nothing towards Jongin, well he did feel something before, but knowing that Jongin was the one who knew all the things that were happening, Chanyeol wanted to thank Jongin for taking care of Baekhyun.

Jongin explained what was going on with Baekhyun. He really knew something, Chanyeol thought, thus he kept listening. Listening to what he's hearing, Chanyeol still didn't what Jongin was saying all the time. Chanyeol was too hooked up because he knew what the truth was. And the truth was Baekhyun was dying.

"He really loves you. I know that, and no matter what I did before, he never gave in. Sorry for being a problem to you two but I swear I met Baekhyun just this month to convince him to do chemotherapy. I never changed his mind, but you did. He---"

"How many more time?" Chanyeol cut Jongin off. Jongin looked at Chanyeol and saw all the seriousness around. The atmosphere wasn't thick, but it was something. And Jongin didn't know why it saddened him. He didn't want Baekhyun to go too.

Jongin stuttered. "I-I will never know, it depends on Baekhyun, if he wants to go, he'll give up then his body. But doing this therapy, 4th stage of cancer, 1 year? Half a year..." Jongin shook his head. He really didn't know. Chanyeol then nodded and had decided.

 

Chanyeol went back the room, wearing a mask, and Baekhyun can still see, he's smiling for him. But Baekhyun can feel, Chanyeol's hurting for him. "How many more time Chanyeol? Less than 1 year, I guess?" Baekhyun asked as soon as Chanyeol was by his side.

Chanyeol then looked at Baekhyun, he smiled lovingly just like how he cared for him so much, "I don't need to count. We won't have seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years, because Baekhyun , we'll have forever."

Baekhyun held Chanyeol's hand, "I want you to be happy." and he was smiling.

Chanyeol leaned on Baekhyun's hospital bed to assure his lover, "I am happy."

Baekhyun the looked away and chuckled, "No, you're not."

Chanyeol glared at him. He definitely was happy, but he'd admit this too, he's sad, and angry, angry that this was Baekhyun's fate. He thought that Baekhyun didn't deserve this. "How do you know?" He pouted.

"I just know it. I can see through you." Baekhyun said and it hurt him to tell Chanyeol that. Because he knew in himself, Chanyeol was happy, but he's more hurt and angrier at himself, and Baekhyun didn't want Chanyeol to feel that way.

Chanyeol then challenged the loved one, "Then tell me something about me that you only knew by your observation."

And with that, Baekhyun knew what to say, "You love me. I love you. I want you to be happy. From seconds to years to forever, I love you Park Chanyeol." Chanyeol's grip tightened because he felt the same way, too. "You love me..." And Chanyeol nodded repeatedly, and Baekhyun got his assurance, "so let me go." And Chanyeol's heart stopped but Baekhyun continued, "We should let each other go."

Chanyeol then shook his head, not saying anything because he knew that Baekhyun understood that he didn't want to hear what Baekhyun was saying. "Chanyeol..." Chanyeol kept shaking his head, and Baekhyun wanted him to listen, "Chanyeol please listen." Baekhyun held Chanyeol's head by both of his hands. Chanyeol looked at him, with tears on his eyes, "Chanyeol you have to accept the fact that I am no lon--"

"Stop Baek, please stop." this time, Chanyeol was the one to held both of Baekhyun's hand and it's time for Baekhyun to listen. "Do you remember what Kyungsoo said? What his parents said, I mean. I'm not a doctor but let me be your doctor, let me be the one to take care of you. You'll be my patient forever. I don't care what is going on tomorrow, all I care is today that you're still with me so let me Baekhyun." Chanyeol was crying.

Baekhyun smiled and wiped the tears of the loved one, "Well, do you remember what Jongdae said? 'It's impossible' and you know what's impossible? It's me living longer than you wanted me to. I'm going Chanyeol. You should be too."

Chanyeol looked down and he could see that his tears were damping on Baekhyun's hospital bed, "I don't want to Baekhyun."

"But you have to. Promise me Chanyeol... in 5 years."

Then Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun, why was he smiling? "5-5 months." Chanyeol breathed deeply, he shouldn't continue what Baekhyun had said.

Baekhyun's smile widened for he knew that Chanyeol would do what he wanted to. "5 weeks."

"5 days." Chanyeol was shivering; he didn't want this to continue.

Baekhyun's voice was soft, "5 hours."

"5 minutes." And Chanyeol's voice was hoarse; he didn't like the sound of it, should Chanyeol stop speaking?

And this was the last thing Chanyeol didn't want to hear. "5 seconds... 5" Chanyeol knew it, he knew that Baekhyun would do this. He should be the one to start the countdown, but Baekhyun started it.

"4" Chanyeol wanted to curse hell for having a fate like this. They deserved better, and he knew that.

"3" Baekhyun was still smiling, he was not crying either. Baekhyun was stronger than Chanyeol.

"2" Chanyeol said as he closed his eyes and didn't want to hear the last second.

"1" and Baekhyun ended it as he leaned in and kissed Chanyeol's forehead.

 

~ ~ ~

 

"Chanyeol... tell me something you'll do after I leave you." Baekhyun, one day, asked Chanyeol.

Chanyeol didn't like the words Baekhyun used, "No Baekhyun, you won't leave me so don't say that. You'll just go but you won't leave me." Chanyeol was pouting.

And Baekhyun smiled, "Then tell me something you'll do after I go on my way." Chanyeol liked it better.

Chanyeol then sat beside Baekhyun's bed and held the other one's hand. "Firstly, of course, I'll miss you, everything about you, your face, the mole above your mouth, how you kiss me, how you made love to me, how you loved me, how you made me cry, how I spent my everyday with you. And don't worry; I'll never regret this because meeting you, loving you, and living with you is something to be proud of."

"Secondly, I think I would do what you wanted me to do. I will still live my life living for you. I'll live like the way I used to, like the way we used to. I'll still love you because love doesn't mean that if you die, I'll meet up with someone and love him. It doesn't mean that if you let go and move one, you'll love someone else. Moving on means continuing your life, not merely loving someone else. I realize it now Baekhyun. Don't worry because I won't waste my time just crying in the corner and not doing anything worthwhile in my life because I knew by that time that you will be there, guiding me in everything I do. You're always there for me, I know that. And I am returning the favour, I'll be here for you. I won't leave you. I'll treasure you Baekhyun because I will forever love you." Chanyeol said and Baekhyun was listening attentively.

"How about you Baekhyun?" Chanyeol asked.

Baekhyun smiled at Chanyeol, "I don't have to answer you Yeol, you answered it for me."

 

Loving is believing and sacrificing. Chanyeol is believing, Baekhyun is sacrificing. Was it enough even if Baekhyun was fighting and Chanyeol was fighting? Was it enough even though they both knew that this would just lead to Baekhyun's death, and nothing more?

 

Baekhyun smiled for Chanyeol. Chanyeol cried for Baekhyun. They can do nothing but to cry and smile, and Chanyeol was tired of it. He didn't want this anymore, but as long as Baekhyun held on, he would hold on too.

Baekhyun vomited blood, and Chanyeol didn't like it. He saw the bruises which were not given by him, and he hated it. He saw how Baekhyun was so pale and tired. Baekhyun was tired of living; Baekhyun was tired of fighting because they both know that he would die no matter what. They didn't believe in miracles. Everyone will die, and Baekhyun died earlier.

"Please don't leave me Baekhyun." Chanyeol was crying so hard as he saw Baekhyun's eyes fighting to open to see Chanyeol for the last minute.

"In 5 years..." Baekhyun started it once again.

And Chanyeol wanted to curse, "5 months... Baekhyun."

"5 weeks." Baekhyun was smiling and Chanyeol, for the first time, hated it.

"5 days." Chanyeol was crying and Baekhyun never liked it.

"5 hours...."

"5 minutes"

"5 last seconds."

Chanyeol started the countdown, "5"

"4" Baekhyun continued.

Because they were willing to go on, "3... we're not letting go."

"Yes we won't... 2"

And Chanyeol's lips trembled. He didn't want to say it because it only meant that something was ending... NOW, "1" This time, Chanyeol ended it, accepting the fact the Baekhyun went.

 

IT TOOK CHANYEOL 5 YEARS TO UNDERSTAND WHAT LIFE IS ABOUT

 

Park Chanyeol

After I go, I want you to do these things okay? 

1. Move on with your life 

( If you don't really know what to do next, go to step number 2. ) ---

Chanyeol still doesn't know how to move on. It's just 5 days after Baekhyun went on his way, then he's telling Chanyeol to move on? But now that he knows what move on means, he reads the next step. ---

2. Go to this address, don't ask me why because I won't be there to answer you anymore. Just go there.  

( If you can't recognize this yet, do step number 3. ) ---

Chanyeol just stands there, waiting for nothing... no... waiting for his heart to be ready. But he thinks he will never be ready until he comes in; until he tries. ---

3. Press the door bell 

Or 

3. Open the door. ---

Chanyeol slowly opens the door and there is someone looking at him. She is surprised and sheds tear as soon as he takes in his son's presence. "Chanyeol!" she exclaims and there his sister and father go in the living room too just to see the person they are waiting for for so many years comes back home.

Chanyeol doesn't know what to say, he just cries there, feeling how it is so safe to cry and lean on your loved ones' shoulders without them judging why it happened, just purely with understanding and support as they run circles on Chanyeol's back and as they say that they are always there for Chanyeol.

Chanyeol should've known this. He should have done this before, so they would know how great his Baekhyun is. This is the 'moving on' Baekhyun is telling him. Chanyeol coming back to his family. ---

4. Oh hey, you should always smile because I love your dimple! And don't forget to tell them what you did after you graduate! You don't regret it! I know it! That rhymes!

5. There! You're all set! Have a good day Park Chanyeol! Have a good life! I love you!

Park Baekhyun ---

 

~ ~ ~

 

Okay, I don't know but I want to cry while writing the last part. Yeah, I become emotional when it comes to family. Waah, but I didn't cry, just lump in my throat. Aish, I shouldn't be telling you this thing, right?

Hey guys, this is really its plot, I intended to kill Baekhyun from the start okay? ( okay, I sounded like a murderer ) but not Luhan. Hahaha. I am not supposed to include all of EXO members here but I guess they could appear for extra characters and yeah, that happened and you noticed it, right? They shouldn't appear on the third chapter because I think Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and other main characters are enough... but because I need some scenarios, I included them all. Well, yeah, even just a name and such description of appearance, particularly Tao. Okay, I'm apologizing to Tao. it's just that I don't know what to do with them with the next chapters so I let them go and never bothered anymore. Okay, is that a mistake? Well, I cannot retrieve it back anymore for I posted it already and this story is done. Okay, so how was it? Comments and feedbacks are highly appreciated! Thank you for reading!! Sorry for almost 2 months (?) of not updating, sorry!! :D

--- silver