5 Years

Countdown

A year after, Chanyeol and Baekhyun started to live in a same house. They learned much about each other, of their family problems which were not much alike. Chanyeol didn’t like his family while his family loved him and this Baekhyun loved his family but his family didn’t. Baekhyun was convincing Chanyeol but Chanyeol didn’t know how to convince Baekhyun’s family. Especially now that Baekhyun was in a relationship with a guy. They cannot accept Baekhyun who he really was, then how much more when they would learn that Baekhyun was living with Chanyeol?

 

Baekhyun didn’t know what to say to Chanyeol, he loved Chanyeol but he thought it was not enough because he cannot introduce him to his family. Baekhyun groggily lied on their bed with Chanyeol by his side who was sleeping tiredly.

 

Chanyeol was offered into a much more productive company but they held Kim’s company as well so it’s not that too much competition to cost and besides, they knew they’d see and feel each other by the end of the day.

 

Having their first year together was so much to talk about. They were learning each other first, like who was this Do Kyungsoo guy. Chanyeol was waiting for this certain guy. Well, this was the first time that Chanyeol waited for someone.

 

Chanyeol looked at his watch and sighed at how late the guy was. He then looked up, and was met by two big eyes which were like digging in Chanyeol’s soul. Chanyeol straightened himself up as the guy asked him, “Park Chanyeol?”

 

Chanyeol looked at the guy and there he recognized who the guy was, Chanyeol instantly gave Kyungsoo his smile as he invited the other one to sit with him as the waiter took their orders. They shook their hands and told each other that it has been a year since they chatted and now here, meeting each other was something that none of them had imagined of.

 

“Woah, you’re really tall Chanyeol.” this was the first statement Kyungsoo gave when they took their leave on the restaurant they were in. Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo and just smiled, taking note of how big Kyungsoo’s eyes were.

 

“Uhm… how are you? This Luhan guy and you?” Chanyeol did his best not to sound like he was interfering in Kyungsoo’s life. Kyungsoo’s love life, to be specific.

 

“Oh he’s fine. And yeah, we’re together since last year and he went to another doctor for his health, its Kim Jongin, my friend, but still, just like what I said, I’d be his doctor forever.” Kyungsoo said. Chanyeol found this cheesy but whatever, he, too, was cheesy and sweet when it came to Baekhyun.

 

“I hope he’ll get well soon.” Chanyeol said and Kyungsoo nodded, thanking Chanyeol for hoping for Luhan.

 

“He’s doing fine. Well, I hope he’ll do fine when he start doing thera---“

 

 “Park Chanyeol, mind explaining?!” a raged Byun Baekhyun was standing in front of them. Chanyeol looked fine though he still took note of Baekhyun’s flaming eyes at Kyungsoo’s big and innocent ones.

 

“He’s Do Kyungsoo.” And that was all. Baekhyun then blinked at Kyungsoo and smiled, but still, with a glint of doubt, Chanyeol wanted to laugh at what he saw.

 

Baekhyun somehow knew this Do Kyungsoo as Chanyeol once showed him the conversations he and this Do Kyungsoo had, and he knew about Luhan so Baekhyun should know that he got no reason to get jealous or suspicious of this Do Kyungsoo, Mr. Trustworthy.

 

“H-hi! And no, we’re just meeting today and no other else. I have no intention to break whatever you guys have. I’m Do Kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo tried to smile at the guy who approached them.

 

Baekhyun then smiled and greeted, “Yes, yes, I know who you are. I’m Byun Baekhyun. And sorry if my greeting was not that good. It’s just--- yeah, it’s my fault.” Baekhyun knew it. And somehow, he felt guilty because he also knew how heavy this Do Kyungsoo’s life was.

 

Kyungsoo smiled at Baekhyun and Baekhyun was struck. Chanyeol saw this too, and he felt he didn’t like it. He held Baekhyun’s hand and automatically, Kyungsoo’s gaze averted there. He gave the two a smile. “Well, I guess I should be going. Nice meeting you Park Chanyeol and Park Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo said and Baekhyun instantly blushed.

 

The grip of their hands tightened, telling something Chanyeol and Baekhyun both shared.

 

Baekhyun, that evening, didn’t stop talking about Kyungsoo and how cute and short he was, “Omo, he is shorter than me.” Baekhyun giggled and exclaimed and Chanyeol laughed at that.

 

“You know what, I feel like I wanted to meet that Luhan guy.” Baekhyun said as he checked and read the e-mail messages Kyungsoo sent Chanyeol, once again. “Look, I think Luhan is amazing, Kyungsoo does everything for him, sacrificing and believing and such. It’s sweet.”

 

“And that’s what love is.” Chanyeol said and Baekhyun agreed, “Yes, sacrificing and believing.”

 

2 years of being together, Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s love was strengthened. They held onto it, and they believed in it. They knew each other much more, and because of that, they loved each other more. Allowance for mistakes, loving your lover’s weaknesses, giving time for wounds to heal, being there for each other, they did everything they wanted to with each other.

 

Marriage is something everyone wanted to have, because being married means that there’s someone who’s always there for you no matter what. It also tells someone that you are safe, but it can also mean that you are trapped, especially when you don’t love the one you married.

 

But Baekhyun was sure, he loved Chanyeol.

 

He wanted to have a family with Chanyeol. He had told Chanyeol that, Chanyeol happily agreed. And that day, they went to an orphanage to look for someone who could make their lives happier and livelier. Chanyeol was looking at the kids, these kids don’t have a family. And they’re looking for one. And there Chanyeol felt that something was not right, with him, he realized that.

 

Baekhyun knew it, too. Baekhyun held Chanyeol’s hand and told him that it was okay, because his family loved Chanyeol. It’s just Chanyeol didn’t care about them, well, that was what Chanyeol was thinking. But Baekhyun knew more.

 

And Chanyeol wanted everything to be free. Stepping in their house, Chanyeol sensed a thick atmosphere. They were in Baekhyun’s family’s house. Baekhyun’s family who didn’t cared about Baekhyun after he ‘killed their father.’ Baekhyun’s family who didn’t accept Baekhyun who he really was. Baekhyun’s family who Baekhyun loved the most before Chanyeol.

 

They saw Baekhyun, and they instantly shut their mouths and looked at Chanyeol. Chanyeol then gulped nervously. He never felt like this before, being judged by others who didn’t even care about you.  Baekhyun fidgeted on the floor where his feet were glued.

 

“Why the hell are you here? To kill someone again?” Baekhyun’s mother greeted him. And she looked at Chanyeol who was surprised by the bomb she gave Baekhyun, “And with some er? Get out of here! We don’t need you here!” she shouted.

 

And Baekhyun wanted to cry, he looked down the ground as he took in his mother’s insults to him and Chanyeol. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun’s siblings, there was something wrong.

 

Baekhyun wanted to cry until he felt that someone covered his eyes. Baekhyun’s mother shut and looked at Chanyeol and by that time, Baekhyun started to cry. “We’re not here for you to shout and curse him. We’re here to give you some respect and to let you know that I’ll be marrying your child. We came here because I thought you cared, but as I can see you don’t.”

 

“Baekhyun did everything he had to do with your family: to be a replacement in your dead husband’s responsibility: to provide your needs. But here you are, cursing your own child, and not even thanking him for what you can take from him. Not even giving him support to what he was doing; not even giving him respect but giving him the guilt because of what he did; of what he didn’t intend to do; of what he never wanted to happen. No one wanted that to happen, even Baekhyun, his child, YOUR child.”

 

Baekhyun held Chanyeol’s hand and tightened his grip on it, Chanyeol then walked forward to touch Baekhyun’s back to let Baekhyun know that he’s there for him, “Working day and night to provide your needs; doing everything for you to accept what he is; doing everything for you to trust and love him again; hearing insults instead of ‘I love you Baekhyun’; hearing ‘you killed your father’ instead of ‘we’re here for you Baekhyun’, Baekhyun didn’t even insulted you while we’re talking about you, his family. He didn’t curse you, he didn’t insult you, he didn’t hate you, but you, you ALL did the opposite.”

 

Baekhyun’s family cannot say anything, thus Chanyeol kept talking, “All I’m saying is, Baekhyun didn’t deserve this kind of treatment: of accusing him to what happened to his father; of hating him; of telling him that it was all his fault; of making him feel that he should be the one who died in that accident instead of his father. Baekhyun is more important to me, the one who lives is more important to me, because in that way, I can still show my love for him, he can show his love for me, he can show his tenderness and care for me. His father, the one who died cannot do anything anymore, sorry but that’s the truth… but Baekhyun is here, waiting and still loving you. And we’ll still wait for you. Well, if you excuse us.” Chanyeol then held Baekhyun on his hand and dragged him out of the house.

 

Baekhyun was still crying on Chanyeol’s arms and Chanyeol’s always there for him. He continuously ran circles on Baekhyun’s back and telling Baekhyun that it was okay because Chanyeol would be his family.

 

Baekhyun smiled and thanked Chanyeol for what he did. He felt weak that time but Chanyeol was there to protect him, he felt fragile but Chanyeol was there to hold him, he felt loved because Chanyeol was there for him. He won’t wish for anything anymore, except Chanyeol, his husband.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Hey Baekhyun, wanted to go somewhere?” Chanyeol said as he got a text from someone Baekhyun really wanted to know.

 

“Everywhere would be fine. But I like it more here. But since you’re with me, it’s fine.” Baekhyun said as he walked towards Chanyeol and sat beside him, clinging his arms onto the loved one.

 

Chanyeol then smiled and told Baekhyun, “Be ready to smile.” Hearing that, Baekhyun got excited.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun then went to a restaurant. Baekhun recognized this place because this was where the first time he met Do Kyungsoo.

 

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol. Chnayeol then held Baekhyun’s hand.

 

And looking inside the restaurant, Baekhyun saw who he was looking for and he was right, it was Do Kyungsoo and he was with someone Baekhyun haven’t met yet. Chanyeol then dragged Baekhyun in the place.

 

Kyungsoo saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun, and his smile widened as he waved his hands for the couple to see where they were sitting. The two approached them, “Hi.” Baekhyun greeted them and Kyungsoo invited them to sit.

 

Chanyeol then looked at the guy who’s with Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo looked at them, “Baekhyun and Chanyeol, this is Luhan. And Luhan, these are Chanyeol and Baekhyun, my friends.” Kyungsoo said and instantly, Baekhyun smiled at Luhan.

 

Seeing how beautiful this Luhan was. “Hi I’m Baekhyun.” Baekhyun introduced again.

 

Luhan smiled at Baekhyun and giggled, he saw Baekhyun’s excitement, “Yeah, I know.”

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun made their conversation longer because of their opinions and such. Chanyeol then took note of Luhan’s silent presence and how Kyungsoo held Luhan’s hand as the conversation went on.

 

“Hey, I heard you Luhan, you are singing, right? Baekhyun said and Chanyeol looked at him. Chanyeol didn’t know that. And there was a smile creeping in Kyungsooo’s lips.

 

Luhan then looked at Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo’s grin instantly disappeared. “Ah sure, this guy told you about it, right? Aish, this guy. that was only before but I’m not singing anymore.” Luhan clarified but Kyungsoo kept shaking his head no.

 

Luhan then hit Kyungsoo on the head playfully and laughed. Kyungsoo laughed too, and Chanyeol and Baekhyun saw a happy couple. They can still smile despite the problems and unjust conditions of this world had.

 

Staying on their bed that night, Baekhyun felt Chanyeol’s breathing; on how Chanyeol’s chest heaved up and down. Baekhyun then mumbled, thinking of Luhan and Kyungsoo’s condition, “I hope everything will get well for them.”

 

Chanyeol then played with Baekhyun’s smooth hair, “Everything will be okay for them.”

 

“Well, if and only if Luhan survived.” Baekhyun spoke of the truth.

 

Chanyeol wanted to oppose but what Baekhyun said was somehow true, Luhan’s illness won’t be cured. “But they don’t have to count, they just have to live and be strong together. And there, everything will be okay for them. They’ll be happy.” Baekhyun can only nod and agree.

 

4 years of marriage, Chanyeol and Baekhyun was still holding on. They felt that it was not like before; but then, as they went on their way as problems arose, they were still together. They only wished for forever.

 

Baekhyun looked around, looking for his bestfriend, Do Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was always late, Baekhyun knew that, he’s just like Chanyeol but this was too much, and he knew that Kyungsoo was not like this.

 

Thus, he texted Kyungsoo, asking where the hell he was. Instead of getting a reply, Kyungsoo just called him on the phone and of course, Baekhyun answered it.

 

Getting ready for his insults to Kyungsoo, he greeted the latter one first but it was cut off because Kyungsoo was crying. Crying so much that Baekhyun knew that there was something wrong, “Luhan…” Kyungsoo mumbled endlessly and by this time, Baekhyun knew what was going on.

 

Baekhyun instantly stood up and went out the restaurant he was in. Getting in his car, he immediately checked where Luhan’s hospital was. He drove there as fast as he could just to find Kyungsoo sobbing endlessly.

 

Baekhyun started to tear up as he approached Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo, as he saw Baekhyun, ran to him and fell on his knees as he told Baekhyun what happened: Luhan was dead. Baekhyun was just running circles on Kyungsoo’s back as the latter one was crying Luhan’s name, this was the only thing Baekhyun can do.

 

Then there was this man who assisted Kyungsoo to stand up and sit on the bench, probably, this was Kim Jongin. Baekhyun this time texted Chanyeol what happened and that he needed to go there too for Kyungsoo needed them. Chanyeol immediately replied he’d go there.

 

Kyungsoo then stood up, Baekhyun and Jongin stood up, but they were halted by Kyungsoo who wanted to be alone. Baekhyun wanted to insist but this Jongin guy let Kyungsoo go. Thus, the glare he got from Baekhyun.

 

“What the hell? Why did you stop me?” Baekhyun was mad, of course, he never wanted to let Kyungsoo go somewhere alone.

 

“He needed space and time. He just lost someone.” Jongin said like it was something everyone was immune to.

 

Baekhyun sent daggers at him, “Someone? Jongin that was Luhan! Kyungsoo loved Luhan!” Baekhyun pointed the room where Luhan was while Jongin was surprised that this stranger knew his name.

 

Jongin then told Baekhyun to calm down, and he also asked Baekhyun how he knew his name. Baekhyun told him everything until his phone beeped, Chanyeol telling him that he was already there in the same hospital.

 

“Okay, sorry, I need to go now. My husband’s here.” Baekhyun said as he fixed his things on his bag.

 

He stood up to leave but Jongin held his arms and asked like he just heard a wrong thing. “You have a husband? A boy?”

 

Jongin was judging him and Baekhyun knew it. “Unusual? Yes, I do.” Baekhyun answered like it was the easiest question he can answer in the world, well, it really was because he was so sure that he loved Chanyeol.

 

“W-why?” Jongin can’t help asking, not understanding why the guys around him had husband or boyfriend or what.

 

Baekhyun looked at him and it struck Jongin, it was like Baekhyun told him something just by his look, “I’m offended. Love is love. I don’t care what he is, man or woman, as long as I love them. I don’t fall in love with the gender; I fall in love with an individual, particularly Chanyeol.” And that was Baekhyun’s goodbye. Kai thought he heard something that changed his perspectives.

 

Being with Jongin for those five minutes, Baekhyun can’t help but to roll his eyes to that guy. Chanyeol saw it as he approached Baekhyun.

 

“I just saw Kyungsoo there. He said he wanted to be alone so I let him. He’s really broken.” Chanyeol said and Baekhyun agreed, seeing how Kyungsoo fell on his knees crying over Luhan.

 

Then Chanyeol caresses Bakehyun’s cheeks, “Then why are you frowning just a little while ago?” Chanyeol asked, straightening the wrinkles on Baekhyun’s face.

 

“It was just that Jongin guy, the one Kyungsoo was talking about. It’s just he doesn’t like our relatioinship, you know, how we and Kyungsoo and Luhan…” Baekhyun didn’t continue his statement anymore because he saw that Jongin was coming and he knew by that time that Chanyeol understood what he was trying to say.

 

Chanyeol then looked at Jongin, and he could say that Jongin was really the type who likes to flirt with girls, his appeal was exploding everywhere and it seemed like all eyes were looking at him. But then, Chanyeol took note of Jongin’s eyes looking at Baekhyun, only Baekhyun.

 

Later that day, Chnayeol asked Baekhyun to stay away from Jongin. Baekhyun asked him why, Jongin won’t harm people and he knew that, besides, he’s Kyungsoo’s friend.

 

“I just feel that something’s not good.” Chanyeol told Baekhyun the truth. Baekhyun just laughed.

 

“Well, he doesn’t like boys, right? And look.” Baekhyun then walked towards Chanyeol and hung his arms on Chanyeol’s neck, “I have you.” And Baekhyun gave his loved one a reassuring kiss. He didn’t need Jongin, all he needed was Chanyeol. Chanyeol was more than enough.

 

Chanyeol smiled between their kiss. He looked at the lover who was slowly deepening the kiss, Chanyeol fell in love more. Chanyeol held Baekhyun’s waist to feel the loved one more. Kisses and hugs were given that night. Their bodies danced with the same rhythm, and that made them feel that they’re one. Baekhyun loved Chanyeol more. Chanyeol loved Baekhyun more, but still, Jongin’s mouth said it, but Jongin’s eyes opposed.

 

After 5 months of meeting Jongin, Chanyeol knew that there was something going on, but hell, he didn’t want to doubt Baekhyun because he knew that Baekhyun wouldn’t do something like that. Well, he just wished.

 

Chanyeol’s and Baekhyun’s working hours didn’t meet. And everytime Baekhyun was in their home, Chanyeol wasn’t. Everytime Chanyeol was going home, Baekhyun was sleeping peacefully.

 

Chanyeol sat up the bed, stretching his arms and neck and such. Baekhyun then opened his eyes tiredly and smiled as he missed the loved one’s touch. He went to Chanyeol’s side and hugged the loved one from behind. Chanyeol was surprised though and he held Baekhyun’s hand and felt the warmth of Baekhyun’s body.

 

Baekhyun kissed Chanyeol’s neck and Chanyeol felt the desire of proving Baekhyun that he loved him. Thus the kiss became endless. The kiss went on each and every skin the other one has. But they were tired. They were both tired, but still, they were trying. And Baekhyun sensed that.

 

Baekhyun had a leave for a week, because he wanted everything to be okay. He had to confront Chanyeol. But how can he, Chanyeol was always tired, he even questioned why Baekhyun took a leave. Baekhyun didn’t want to tell Chanyeol the reason, because he didn’t want Chanyeol to take a leave just because Baekhyun took it for them to be together. He didn’t want to feel like Chanyeol was obliged to make Baekhyun happy every night.

 

Having 5 free days, Baekhyun didn’t know what to do. Thus, he checked Chanyeol’s e-mail and there he had read everything. At first, it was sweet and funny, realizing what Chanyeol really did for him those 5 days. But as he went on and as he realized what Chanyeol was feeling as he waited for nothing, Baekhyun somehow felt guilty and sad, thinking that Chanyeol gave up. Will Chanyeol give up? Baekhyun hoped he won’t.

 

Then someone sent him a message, and it was from Kim Jongin. Baekhyun didn’t expect this though he still read what that Kim Jongin sent him.

 

 

Park Baekhyun or whatever

 

Hey, do you remember me? I’m Kim Jongin, Kyungsoo’s friend. I just want to say Hi. And uhm, okay this is weird, but I think I have to talk to you. About Kyungsoo. Can we meet?

 

Kim Jongin

 

 

Baekhyun blinked at the message, what is going on with Kyungsoo. Baekhyun immediately changed his clothes to meet up with Jongin.

 

Being with Jongin for those 5 hours, 2 hours of explaining what was happening to Kyungsoo, 3 hours of introducing themselves and getting to know each other. Baekhyun thought Kyungsoo needed someone to be with him, he asked Jongin for that.

 

“Baekhyun, I am a doctor, I have many patients, I don’t think I can take care of him that much. I can, I know I can but not all the time, I’d be with him.” Jongin was telling the truth and Baekhyun knew that.

 

Baekhyun thought of what to do these days, Chanyeol was not in their home, he has nothing to do in the house except to wait for Chanyeol who was tired at the end of his work. Angry even. Baekhyun decided, “I could take care of him, but only for a week.” Baekhyun told Jongin.

 

Jongin then looked at Baekhyun, “Why is it only for a week?”

 

“I took a leave for a week to be with Chanyeol of course. And work was tiring, even though I had this Sehun kid around, there are lots and lots.” Baekhyun said.

 

Jongin then looked at Baekhyun once again, taking note of the bruises the other one had. Jongin wanted to roll his eyes because he knew who caused that, and he didn’t want to hear who, “To be with Chanyeol, but where is he?” Jongin asked and Baekhyun fell silent.

 

And this time, Jongin thought that there was something, and he shouldn’t asked Baekhyun that kind of question, “Ah okay, I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” he apologized. Baekhyun smiled at Jongin. Jongin felt weird. He knew that Baekhyun was lonely, but still, he can smile sweetly.

 

Chanyeol was tired, and he knew that Baekhyun was meeting up with someone everyday, specifically Jongin. Chanyeol woke up in the morning, feeling the emptiness beside him. Baekhyun left again, early this morning. And that night, Chanyeol pretended that he drooled on the bed. But it really hurt him that he knew Baekhyun so much. He knew better. For 5 minutes, Baekhyun went out, to go to this Jongin guy.

 

Chanyeol’s suspicion went stronger, he saw Baekhyun always on his phone, laughing all by himself, being sad for a reason, being angry for a reason Chanyeol didn’t know. Chanyeol thought Baekhyun was problematic because after 2 months of being so close yet so far, Baekhyun was not even sparing him a glance, though they made love every other night. Or Chanyeol just didn’t want to feel this way: they had every other night.

 

Baekhyun was angry, and Chanyeol saw it. He stared at how Baekhyun’s expression changed at each and every text message he was receiving.

 

“Just stop, Jongin, I don’t believe you. I’d just get another one, second opinion, I need it. I don’t believe you Jongin. I’m sorry.” Baekhyun didn’t want to know this.

 

“I’m doing this for you Baekhyun. It’s the truth.” Jongin replied to him.

 

“How the hell you know the truth?! Why are you giving me such kindness when you didn’t even understand what I’m feeling right now?!!”

 

“I like you Baekhyun.” Jongin replied, Baekhyun didn’t intend to do this to Jongin, but how can he retrieve this now? He can never go back in time. Well, he wished he could.

 

“And I don’t like you I’m sorry I have a husband!” Baekhyun then looked at Chanyeol who seemed busy to whatever he was doing. Chanyeol was always busy that he cannot look at Baekhyun anymore. And this thought made Baekhyun mad, Baekhyun threw his phone on the bed, Chanyeol pretended he didn’t notice. But it was Chanyeol’s time to know what was going on.

 

“Baekhyun please, just give me a chance. Having a husband, that doesn’t matter, you can just annul your marriage.” Chanyeol can’t believe what he was reading. He was about to ask what was the meaning of that when he received another text message from Jongin. “Please meet me at the bar.”

 

Baekhyun then opened the door of the bathroom and Chanyeol immediately went back to what he was doing. Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and at his phone; he immediately got his phone and read what Jongin’s message was.

 

Baekhyun then got up from their bed and got ready to whatever Jongin was planning. “Please meet me at the bar.” Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol who was still busy doing something for work, again. He wanted to tell Chanyeol that he was going out but he thought that Chanyeol wouldn’t care, so he went out, leaving Chanyeol be in that position. And leaving Chanyeol with doubt: Baekhyun was cheating on him.

 

Chanyeol then wore a jacket and shoes, and there he went out just 5 minutes after Baekhyun went to that bar. Chanyeol didn’t know what was going on, but he knew that there was something going on. This Jongin guy knew that his husband was Park Baekhyun and hell, Chanyeol didn’t know now if he’d get into prison.

 

Baekhyun didn’t even know why he’s here. After getting some messages from Jongin, he felt like he didn’t like what would happen. He was in a club wherein there were many guys and girls dancing around like there were no one else but them. kissing here, making out there, dancing everywhere, Baekhyun didn’t like what he was seeing, just what Chanyeol would think of him when he found out that Baekhyun was coming in places like these.

 

Then Baekhyun saw Jongin, dancing with every move he had within him, Baekhyun saw how Jongin danced freely and soulfully as he also enjoyed the music he was hearing. Jongin was a hot guy, Baekhyun knew this, and he’s a good guy even, graduating as a doctor, Baekhyun knew that there was something more of Jongin, but he also knew that he was not the one to know that.

 

Chanyeol tilted his head as he read what club Baekhyun went in was. He knew that Baekhyun was doing something, but he didn’t expect that it was something like this. Wanting to know what Baekhyun was doing, he went in the club and look for Baekhyun there.

 

Kisses here and there, bottles up, bottles down, jiggling of bottles and butts, Chanyeol hated what he was seeing. He immediately looked for Baekhyun because he knew that Baekhyun wouldn’t like this environment either, there must be a reason, everything has a reason.

 

“He’s not capable of love. Just look at him Baekhyun, hating his family. What the hell?!” Jongin exclaimed and he was shouting for Baekhyun to know and recognize what Jongin was trying to tell him. Chanyeol was surprised though, for as long as he knew, he and Baekhyun didn’t talk about Chanyeol’s family. And now he’s hearing this, Jongin knew about it.

 

Baekhyun glared at Jongin, not liking the way Jongin was telling things to Chanyeol. Chanyeol just watched them, waiting for Baekhyun’s reply. Then it was given to him, “We’ve been together for almost 5 years so st--“

 

“That doesn’t mean everything, right? Even if you’d been with him for 6 years, 7, or 10 even. Husband and husband, wife and wife, husband and wife, marriage is only a commitment. Just look at our grandmothers and grandfathers, most of them are not that sweet but still, they are together. It is because of commitment Baekhyun, everyone follows it of course, because in that way, you know where to go, you know where to stay. They’re old, so they’re letting it be. But Baekhyun, you’re so much beautiful than you see in yourself. Yes you’ve been together for almost 5 years, but that doesn’t mean that you really love him, it could also mean you’re trapped because of that commitment you two swore with each other.” Jongin ended his sentence with Baekhyun thinking. And it took Baekhyun 5 seconds to realize that Jongin was already kissing him.

 

Baekhyun then pushed Jongin, wiping his lips. “This is wrong.” He said as he went out the bar. And as he went out the bar, he saw someone he didn’t want to see right now.

 

Chanyeol looked at him as he gestured to his car, not saying anything. Baekhyun wanted to say something, but the lump in his throat was something that told Baekhyun everything: it was his fault.

 

Chanyeol was driving mindlessly on the road. Just thank the road for there were no cars so much, it’s 2:23 AM, no police around, Chanyeol was safe, but Baekhyun was not.

 

Baekhyun took note of the way how Chanyeol drove his car. And he also took note of how Chanyeol lost the thing that Baekhyun loved the most. Chanyeol lost his smile and the spark in his eyes. Chanyeol looked dull.

 

“I’m sorry. I don’t mean it Chanyeol, sorry.” Baekhyun kept on mumbling.

 

“Let’s talk about it at home.” Chanyeol said emotionlessly and Baekhyun didn’t like it, but he deserved it.

 

As soon as Chanyeol parked the car, he immediately went out of it and went all the way to their shared room where the coldness of their relationship was lingering. Baekhyun never wanted this, Chanyeol never liked it.

 

“I’m sorry Chanyeol. I don’t mean it. I swear.” Baekhyun started to tear up, knowing the whole story behind this.

 

“No Baekhyun. Don’t say that. I’ll tell you everything.” Chanyeol said and there Baekhyun readied himself. “I’ve been observing Baekhyun. You said there is nothing wrong, but there is. I know it Baekhyun, I’m not a fool. I’ve been with you 5 years from now, and yo---“

 

“Jongin and I are nothing!! I swear! Please beli---“

 

“I know who that Jongin er is, Baekhyun!!” And Chanyeol threw the papers he was working for. “So don’t tell me you’re sorry because you don’t mean it. You’re just sorry because you got caught. Hell to it Baekhyun. You cheated on me!” Chanyeol said with his big and loud voice. He didn’t want to shout at Baekhyun, but Baekhyun made him do it.

 

IT TOOK THEM 5 WEEKS TO TELL EACH OTHER THAT THEY’RE TIRED

 

Baekhyun was tired. Chanyeol was tired. They were both tired. But still, they tried, but was that enough?

 

“What if we take a leave?” Chanyeol suggested as he clung onto Baekhyun after 5 weeks of what happened to them. Baekhyun definitely stopped seeing Jongin, and Chanyeol can see this.

 

Baekhyun then looked at Chanyeol, “I guess I can’t.” he was pouting and seemed a little bit sad. “Why not?” Chanyeol hugged Baekhyun from behind as Baekhyun rested his head on Chanyeol’s arms, he was tired. “There’s so much to do.”

 

Chanyeol then kissed Baekhyun on the neck, Baekhyun’s breath hitched, “Is that so.” Chanyeol let it go. It was fine for him as long as Baekhyun was by his side, everything will be okay.

 

We wanted everything to be okay; Chanyeol wanted everything to be okay. He didn’t wish so much for wonderful things or whatever, as long as Baekhyun was here beside him, everything became wonderful. Chanyeol happily settled for okay, because Baekhyun was okay. Okay was enough. Baekhyun was enough.

 

“Hey, Baekhyun, you seem off lately.” Chanyeol was worried, now that he’s seeing Baekhyun so lifeless. Yet he took note of the bruise he gave Baekhyun last night. He was sorry for it though he was happy, feeling that their love for each other was enough. Because he knew by that time, they made love, and they didn’t had .

 

Baekhyun then looked at him but then he went on stirring the soup he was cooking, “I don’t want to look like there’s something wrong when there’s nothing wrong.” Baekhyun said.

 

Chanyeol then stood up and went to Baekhyun to hug the loved one from behind. “Now, can you taste this Mr. Wonderful.” Baekhyun asked as he got a spoonful of the soup he was cooking.

 

Chanyeol opened his mouth and Baekhyun fed him, he looked at the smaller one and said, “Now, there’s really something wrong in your soup.” Baekhyun, hearing this, laughed at how Chanyeol took that statement. Chanyeol ended up cooking the soup while the smaller one just sat on a chair and rested.

 

IT TOOK CHANYEOL 5 DAYS TO KNOW THAT SOMETHING WAS REALLY WRONG

 

Chanyeol now realized it. He shouldn’t let himself to tell that everything was okay, when he knew that it definitely was not. He just wanted to be okay, so he always let it go, and he realized that it was his mistake.

 

Always feeling tired and annoyed, Baekhyun scratched his head as he took note of how the hell Junmyeon was not yet dying in spite these millions of papers he’s giving Baekhyun for almost five years. Baekhyun thought that he needed to apply a job somewhere and resign to Junmyeon’s.

 

Then Chanyeol came, barging in, startling Baekhyun and sending him off of his thoughts. “What the hell is this Baekhyun?” Chanyeol said as he showed Baekhyun his new working clothes which were burned by Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun only glanced at it, telling that it was not a big deal, “Just go buy something else.”

 

“Hell Baekhyun! I needed this right now!” Chanyeol shouted, knowing that Baekhyun didn’t care about it though it was his fault.

 

“Then why don’t you go off to somewhere right now and buy a new set of clothing? Idiot.” Baekhyun said as he kept on focusing to whatever he’s reading right now.

 

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun. “Are you seeing that guy again?” he asked and Baekhyun found this ridiculous but he didn’t answer Chanyeol when he’s not doing something bad.

 

“Are you seeing Jongin again?!” Chanyeol repeated his question, with Baekhyun’s silence, he thought that Baekhyun was really seeing that guy again. Thus, he went near Baekhyun and hit the table Baekhyun’s papers were on.

 

Baekhyun was, of course, startled at what Chanyeol did. He glared at Chanyeol and stood up, not liking the accusing voice his husband has. Chanyeol immediately searched for Baekhyun’s phone and opened it.

 

Baekhyun then felt this adrenaline rush ran into him as he tried to snatch the phone away. “Chanyeol don’t!” he told Chanyeol but Chanyeol was eager to know what they were doing.

 

Knowing what Chanyeol was trying to do, when he sensed that Chanyeol was about to read his conversation thread with Jongin. He suddenly threw all the papers he was reading to Chanyeol, causing Chanyeol to be frozen on his spot, opening his mouth as blood dropped down from his cheeks; Chanyeol got paper cuts.

 

Baekhyun then cannot take it, “You don’t understand Chanyeol!”

 

Chanyeol then blinked at what the hell Baekhyun’s problem was. “What? I d--“

 

“You don’t understand!!!” Baekhyun repeated, tearing up and sounding like he just lost someone in his life.

 

Chanyeol cannot understand it either. “T-then make me understand.”

 

“How can i?! I don’t understand it either, stupid!!” Baekhyun was mad. Chanyeol knew that Baekhyun was mad, but not with him. Chanyeol can sense it.

 

“What a--“

 

“Stop! Just stop!!” Baekhyun halted him, wiping the tears out of his face. “Just stop Chanyeol. I’m tired. We both know we’re tired. Let’s stop. Please.” Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol who’s looking at him with confusion. And it hurt Baekhyun more. He never wanted to let go.

 

5 nights after what happened, Chanyeol’s phone beeped. Then it beeped again. It irritated him, really. It beeped again and there Chanyeol sat up the bed, cursing how late it was for someone to send him messages. And one more reason, Baekhyun’s still not coming home.

 

“Baekhyun is crying.” It said and Chanyeol’s face wrinkled at who the hell sent him the message.

 

“And it was all because of you.” it said again as he received another text from the same number.

 

“Because he doesn’t want you anymore.” Chanyeol thought it was crazy. “So he walked out your door.” Chanyeol then looked around, feeling the emptiness beside him. Having a fight for 5 days, 5 weeks of pretending that everything was okay. Can Chanyeol be more fool?

 

“Can’t you see? He was crying every night because he wanted to fight for you but he didn’t want to fight for himself.” Chanyeol cannot understand anything anymore.

 

“How about you? Are you fighting for him?” and Chanyeol found himself asking, he suddenly felt a lump in his throat and it grew more as he received the incoming text message, “Or someone else is fighting for him?” Chanyeol then received a multimedia message. He saw Jongin hugging Baekhyun. “He fell out of love.” and Chanyeol didn’t know what to do.

 

IT TOOK BAEKHYUN 5 WEEKS TO COME BACK HOME

 

Doing nothing but thinking what he did wrong, Chanyeol grew bags under his eyes. Baekhyun left him with questions which were in his mind. Chanyeol didn’t understand and he never would because there was no one to make him understand.

 

Chanyeol cried for Baekhyun, he cried over Baekhyun everyday, he left him all alone, with no one around, with questions which cannot be answered. And it hurt Chanyeol, Baekhyun leaving him with nothing but pain. It was unfair, it’s so unfair. Baekhyun didn’t even let him explain or even know what was going on. He just left without reason… no, Baekhyun left with a reason Chanyeol didn’t know. Chanyeol became crazy.

 

Baekhyun then came back with bags under his eyes like what Chanyeol had. Chanyeol was the one who opened the door. “Welcome home.” Chanyeol greeted. And Baekhyun was surprised, he expected curses, pains, hits, and such but this was what he got. “Or maybe not... this isn’t your home anymore.” Chanyeol choked at his words but he kept the pain in, and this killed Baekhyun.

 

“I thought you’d never come back.” Chanyeol said. Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol just to feel the pain he gave him. Chanyeol just stood there motionless but his eyes were telling Baekhyun everything. “You’re with him, right?” Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun nodded and started crying. “That explained everything. I was waiting for you here.”

 

And Chanyeol took his first step. He walked towards the paper on the table and handed it to Baekkhun. “Want an annulment? I’m willing to let you go Baekhyun if you don’t love me anymore.”

 

Baekhyun was crying so hard, “Do you want to?”

 

“I’m the one who’s asking you Byun Baekhyun.”

 

Hearing the name Byun and not Park, Baekhyun blamed himself. “Did you fall out of love?” Baekhyun had the urge to ask. If Chanyeol would say yes, he’ll sign it but if not, he’ll stay. He’s very much willing to stay.

 

“After you do.” Chanyeol said and Baekhyun died.

 

“So you really want to.”

 

“If that’s what you want so that you and Jongin can have all the time you want. No Chanyeol to think of anymore. You’ll be free.” Chanyeol said, still fighting the urge to cry now that he’s setting his loved one free. “I don’t want you to be trapped. I’m sorry if you’re feeling that way.”

 

“I don’t love Jongin.” Baekhyun said.

 

Chanyeol smiled, “Make me believe you.”

 

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol, still admiring the dimple the loved one had, “I was with Jongin the whole month, even the month before, I secretly meet him.” Listening to Baekhyun, Chanyeol wished he attempted suicide. “Why did you lie?”

 

“I’m not sure of my condition.” Baekhyun said and Chanyeol didn’t undersand it. “I’m with Jongin the whole month in the hospital for some tests to do with my blood.” And there Baekhyun fell on his knees, “Chanyeol, I-I have leukemia.”

 

Chanyeol didn’t believe what he was hearing. What the hell was happening?! THEY WERE SILENCED IN 5 MINUTES.

 

“Do you want to come back home?” Chanyeol asked. And he added, “After 5 years.”

 

“5 months?” Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol, eyes b with more tears.

 

Chanyeol cried for Baekhyun, not knowing this all this time, for being a fool of himself. Chanyeol kneeled in front of Baekhyun… “5, 4, 3, 2, 1” And Baekhyun hugged Chanyeol tightly, he shouldn’t have let go.

 

~ ~ ~