5 Seconds, 5 Minutes, 5 Weeks, 5 Months

Countdown

 

 

IT TOOK CHANYEOL 5 WEEKS TO GET AN E-MAIL

 

Chnayeol was still angry but he didn’t show it to anyone because he thought he didn’t have to. He can just have it all by himself, his emotions I mean. He didn’t want anyone to know about it because they won’t be able to help him anyway, especially Jongdae who always told him that it was impossible.

 

Jongdae then said that he should check his e-mail, Chanyeol didn’t. He asked what Jongdae wanted to do in Chanyeol’s life, but Jongdae cannot answer him yet. The way Chanyeol asked him, Jongdae knew it was something; something that he cannot explain; he cannot understand so better shut his mouth up, Chanyeol said, and it was new to Jongdae.

 

Chanyeol cannot understand Jongdae too. Just 3 weeks ago, he told Chanyeol that’s impossible and now, he was telling Chanyeol to check his e-mail.

 

“That’s not what I mea--“ but Chanyeol didn’t want to hear something from anyone.

 

5 days has passed before Chanyeol became curious of what Jongdae was talking about, thus he checked his e-mail. Typing his e-mail address, Chanyeol was not that sure, he didn’t want to see any e-mail from anyone, he’ll sure get crazy, especially when it won’t be from Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol checked it though, so was Kyungsoo’s messages.

 

 

Park Chanyeol

 

Hey, where are you now? It’s been 3 weeks since we’ve talked. But hey look, I have a news here and I’ve decided. I’ll become his doctor, and he’ll be my patient. Can that be forever? I’ll do it for free. I’ll make sure that he’ll need me forever and I’ll take care of him forever, that’s my promise to him.

 

Hey, how about you?

 

Do Kyungsoo

 

 

Chanyeol, for 4 weeks, smiled at Kyungsoo’s sweetness and he didn’t know, he felt something at the things Kyungsoo was saying. He’s sweet. Chanyeol thought, and it was true.

 

 

Do Kyungsoo

 

I didn’t have someone. I almost had… but it didn’t go well I think. Uhm, it’s just me who wanted this, I gave up. And I would never look for something I cannot have again.

 

Park Chanyeol

 

 

Chanyeol settled in with that. 5 minutes after, he received another e-mail, from the same address though. But it was okay. But Chanyeol missed e-mailing Baekhyun.

 

 

Park Chanyeol

 

Yah yah, 4 weeks ago, you told me that I should find someone already, and now, you’re the one who doesn’t have anyone, hypocrite!

 

Do Kyungsoo

 

 

Chanyeol just thought of something he can find. He has to have a reason, but his reason, he knew, was ridiculous, “Because he’ll only get hurt?” he replied.

 

Kyungsoo asked again, “And how did you know it?”

 

Chanyeol didn’t know how to answer that question but “I just know it.”

 

Then there’s a minute of nothingness. No one was typing, no one was replying, no one was making a move. But Chanyeol knew that Kyungsoo was thinking; he knew that Kyungsoo was raising an eyebrow at him. “Yah, what the hell was that answer?!”

 

Kyungsoo flooded him with curses but Chanyeol has something to say, “Really, really! I just know it. I’m not a psycho or what, but I just know it! Hey stop flooding me!!” Chanyeol warned Kyungsoo.

 

“Yah, you can’t say it or predict it because you’re not yet trying to love someone. You’ll never know it you won’t try.” Kyungsoo told him but Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

 

“I’ve tried it. I became an idiot, the end.” what Chanyeol said was true and it was full of something, Kyungsoo can sense it.

 

 

Park Chanyeol

 

Look at what I’m thinking. If someone falls in love, it’s happier, well I just thought of that. Because if you love someone, it’d be like, they become your inspiration and reason why you became happier, reason why you wanted to wake up every morning, the reason why you want to fight for him. I guess… what, am I convincing you to fall in love? What the ?!

 

Do Kyungsoo

 

 

Reading Kyungsoo’s message once again, Chanyeol was blinking, he thought he didn’t know what to say, but he has something in his mind. Is it worth fighting for? When you’re the only one who’s fighting?

 

Kyungsoo wrote a reply again, “Nothing, I just felt that if you have someone, he could make me HAPPIER.”

 

“But you’ll get hurt too, it’s not only happiness.” Chanyeol told him as if he was opposing everything Kyungsoo had said.

 

 

Park Chanyeol

 

Well that’s life. The reason why we are living is for us to feel different emotions. And you need someone to feel that, right? Emotion is part of our being, our system. Maybe God created these so we can love.

 

Do Kyungsoo

 

 

Kyungsoo stated and replied and Chanyeol was really sure that this Do Kyungsoo could be a speaker of whatever event in a seminar or school. Kyungsoo had really something to say, because he knew many things. Kyungsoo continued,

 

 

Park Chanyeol

 

And in that way, we’re not fools because we know what we feel because of the people around us, we can see them, we can hear them, we can feel what they feel, so we’re not fools. That’s better, right? We learn many things because of them, even though it’s nonsense, at least you laugh, cry, cursed, or what, at least you feel something, right? It’s still worth it, because feeling those emotions or things, you know that you’re still living.

 

Do Kyungsoo

 

 

Chanyeol was still reading the message when Kyungsoo told something again.

 

 

Park Chanyeol

 

Hey, I’m thinking, I don’t know why other people attempt suicide. Aren’t they lucky to experience those failures or emotions than others who can’t feel something? At least, if you’re depressed, the thing affects you. And failure is part of our life, but it’s only in our brain, if your feelings are dominant -- if you’re mad, you can kill someone... if you’re sad, you can be depressed, or worse, you can attempt suicide... if you’re in love, because of the intimacy of your feelings and because your mind is telling you that ‘I love this guy’ or ‘I just want to feel good,’ you’ll do it until you’ll get pregnant or she’ll get pregnant, or until you’re satisfied -- we still have to think before we do things. Emotions affect our decisions.

 

Do Kyungsoo

 

 

Chanyeol was about to type a reply for this Do Kyungsoo, when he became talkative once again, how fast did this Do Kyungsoo type?

 

 

Park Chanyeol

 

Let me tell you my story, I mean my Dad’s and Mom’s. My Mom is ill, and there’s no cure to it so Mom told him that he’ll just get hurt so it’s better to let him go. I thought that time that Dad will leave Mom but I was wrong. I heard Dad told my Mom that tomorrow -- the day Mom will leave -- is not important. The important one is now, the present wherein she’s still alive, and he wanted to be by her side. Because who cares? Dad loves Mom and he’ll curse himself if he leaves without taking care of Mom.

 

Dad knew that it’s better that Mom would be his patient forever than he didn’t do something but to be a doctor to someone he doesn’t even know and doesn’t care about him. Mom is his everything.

 

Do Kyungsoo

 

 

And that ended his story.

 

“So… what’s your point?” Chanyeol asked him as if he was thinking what his point was but he cannot think of anything but this: Kyungsoo’s mother is everything to his Dad.

 

 

Park Chanyeol

 

All I am saying is this: today is more important wherein you’ll feel and experience everything with him than the tomorrow wherein you’ll only get hurt.

 

You’ll ONLY hurt him tomorrow but the different emotions and countless times you’re with him, it’s much better than the pain you’ll give him.

 

And there I realized that I won’t just be a doctor. I’m much more a person who needs someone than a doctor who’s needed by someone. Giving myself a chance to be happy is the right thing to do even though I know I’d get hurt because I won’t let that ruin my whole life.

 

Do Kyungsoo

 

 

And now, Chanyeol was thinking, can I meet this Do Kyungsoo?

 

 

Do Kyungsoo

 

Hey, can we meet someday?

 

Park Chanyeol

 

 

Chanyeol read this all over again, and this sounded ridiculous, it could mean something and Kyungsoo loved that Luhan guy. But really, Chanyeol didn’t intend to tell him that he wanted to do something with Kyungsoo. It’s in Kyungsoo if he’ll misunderstand it or what.

 

So Chanyeol got back what he said, “In 5 years, I guess.”

 

And there he got a reply, “You’re ridiculous, I mean, why after 5 years? We could meet tomorrow.” He said, Chanyeol thought about it.

 

“No, not tomorrow. 5 weeks. And I know I’m weird.” Chanyeol replied. And Kyungsoo said it was okay and they settled in with that.

 

1 week after, Jongdae visited him. Chanyeol expected this, but not this day, he didn’t know why though. But he guessed it’s fine with him. He’s been thinking about it all these 5 weeks, so he guessed he needed a break. But he always took a break. Should he stop?

 

“Chanyeol, check your e-mail.” Jongdae said as soon as he entered Chanyeol’s apartment. Chanyeol looked at Jongdae, he had enough. He understood now what Jongdae was trying to say.

 

“Look, you don’t need to give me sympathy, I know what you’re telling me and I understand it now. I guess you’re right, so this, I am giving up. I gave up for 5 weeks.”

 

“And you’ve been stupid for 5 weeks, just check your e-mail. The company sent me the confirmation, so is yours. I was working there for 5 weeks now, and hell Chanyeol, you should check yours.” Jongdae was convincing Chanyeol and Chanyeol saw it.

 

“Why would I? I won’t be working there anyway.” Chanyeol was bitter and Jongdae saw it, but Chanyeol shouldn’t be.

 

“Just check it.” Jongdae snapped his fingers. And with that, Chanyeol knew that there was something. So he did check his e-mail.

 

It was from the company… they’re hiring him.

 

The next day, Chanyeol went to the company, and guess what, he’s not late, for the first time. He walked in the place and there was someone waiting for him. He’s looking drowsily at Chanyeol, but Chanyeol didn’t care.

 

“Park Chanyeol? I’ll show you around. I’m Zhang YiXing, secretary of Kim Junmyeon.” And Chanyeol remembered Junmyeon even if he didn’t care. Chanyeol thought he didn’t care.

 

As YiXing was showing him around, he looked at each and every member of this company has. And there he saw this tall guy as him, the editor in chief, Kris Wu Fan. He’s an old employee so being with him was a must.

 

“Kim Minseok, he’s a new employee just like you. I think you’ve seen each other.” YiXing said and Minseok smiled at him like what Chanyeol did as a greeting, So the bun is here… oh.

 

“Where’s Kim Jongdae?” For as long as Chanyeol knew, Jongdae was also hired in the company. YiXing looked at the ceiling as if he’s recalling where he heard the name.

 

“Oh, he’s with Kim Junmyeon in the office, reporting something.” and with that, Chanyeol knew he was right. He snickered and YiXing noticed it, thus the glance Chanyeol got from him. But he continued anyway, leading Chanyeol the way.

 

Chanyeol looked at the other workers around, and here was this one guy whom he thought he recognized the most but not until he was bumped by someone. “Oh sorry, sorry. sorry.” the guy said.

 

Chanyeol said that it was okay. Having a look at the guy, “Oh, that’s Oh Sehun, he’s taking OJT (job training) But we’ll look after him after he graduate.” Sehun nodded at what YiXing said.

 

“I’m Park Chanyeol.” Chanyeol introduced and there’s someone who popped out the desk he was in. Chanyeol was surprised…

 

Surprised seeing the brunette whom he was into. Chanyeol’s mouth opened as he took the other one’s smile at him. And by that smile, Chanyeol knew that Baekhyun remembered him.

 

“Hey, there you are! Do you remember me?” Baekhyun said as he walked in front of Chanyeol. YiXing thought they knew each other, well it’s obvious, and so he let them do their own introductions.

 

Chanyeol was not yet answering but Bakehyun understood, so he kept talking, “I’m Byun Baekhyun, remember? Yah, you got my e-mail address but you never e-mailed me. I waited for you in 5 days duh!” and here Chanyeol thought that there’s a misunderstanding or whatever. He blinked at what Baekhyun was saying.

 

“Yah, you’re the one who’s not replying to my e-mails. You’re not even reading it!” Chanyeol exclaimed now that he heard the accusing voice the other one had.

 

“I received no e-mail, for your information, Mr. Park Chanyeol. Don’t lie.” Baekhyun warned and Chanyeol found this ridiculous, he was not lying, and he knew that because he got crazy for those 5 weeks!

 

“Well guess what? I’m not lying! I e-mailed you Mr. [email protected]!” Chanyeol shouted, not minding that he was just a new employee in the place. He didn’t care, all he cared about was he was now talking to Byun Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun fell silent. He was caught. Chanyeol thought, Baekhyun was really lying! “What did you say?” Baekhyun asked again. “The e-mail I mean.” He added.

 

“byunbaek_050031--“

 

“Okay idiot.” Baekhyun said and Chanyeol was surprised, calling him idiot as if he didn’t do anything bad to him for 5 weeks. Well, Baekhyun explained, “The reason why I cannot read your messages to me because that’s not my e-mail.”

 

Chanyeol was dumbfounded. “byunbaek_050631 is my e-mail, not 0500…” Baekhyun was laughing. And it became music in Chanyeol’s ears.

 

Can Chanyeol fall in love again? With the same guy?

 

IT TOOK CHANYEOL 5 MINUTES TO REALIZE THAT JUNMYEON WAS A DEVIL

 

Chanyeol was staying in Baekhyun’s desk all the time. Baekhyun didn’t care, maybe Kim Junmyeon haven’t sent Chanyeol millions of papers to finish… but he’ll get through that, maybe after 5 mintues.

 

Jongdae went out Junmyeon’s office wearing the face of a murderer, and it didn’t leave his face now that he saw that Chanyeol was with Baekhyun. He rolled his eyes and hit Chanyeol on his back.

 

“Yah, what the hell Jongdae.” Chanyeol glared and greeted Jongdae.

 

“The devil’s waiting for you there.” Jongdae said, pointing at Junmyeon’s office.

 

 

“Hi!” Chanyeol greeted as soon as he got off from work which has been tiring the whole week.

 

“Yo! Tired, are we?” Baekhyun greeted back, seeing Chanyeol stretching his arms and neck. Well Baekhyun didn’t dare to look at it.

 

“Yeah, Kim Junmyeon is hell. I’ve been here for 5 days yet I feel like hell, there are so many things to do.” Chanyeol was complaining and Baekhyun saw it.

 

“Maybe you’re not used to it.” Baekhyun shrugged, thinking of the possibilities that Chanyeol was so tired.

 

“I guess I am. One year of unemployemnet. Yes, I’m not used to this. But I wanted to.” Because you’re here. Chanyeol was looking at Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun smiled and nodded. “You should be.” And Chanyeol wished that he said what he wanted to so he’d get assurance.

 

BUT HE ALSO REALIZED THAT IT WAS FUN

 

“And don’t worry; I’m willing to help you adjust.” Baekhyun winked at him and put an arm on Chanyeol’s shoulder, not minding how high he’d adjust for Chanyeol’s shoulder.

 

Chanyeol laughed at what Baekhyun was doing. He ruffled Baekhyun’s hair as they said their goodbyes. He’ll do something tonight.

 

 

Byun Baekhyun

 

Okay, hi!! Sorry, this is the first time I’m e-mailing you for 5 days. Yeah, I’m dumb, having your e-mail address mistaken but hell, I told so many things in my messages there. It’s so embarrassing, really. I looked stupid. But it was fine as long as you haven’t read it yet. Well I guess you’ll never get to read it haha. Bye! Take care!

 

Park Chanyeol

 

 

Chanyeol knew by this time, he’ll get a reply.

 

IT TOOK CHANYEOL 5 MINUTES TO KNOW MORE ABOUT BAEKHYUN

 

“Hey, tell me something about you that everybody knows.” Chanyeol was in Baekhyun’s desk again, looking how Baekhyun moved the cursor as Baekhyun made the next move in Solitaire.

 

“Everybody? Well, 5 weeks of me being here, I think-- okay… I’m Byun Baekhyun. 26 years old, May 6 is my birthday.” It’s basic, and Chanyeol had to know that. “I’m short and I know that.” Baekhyun’s smile faltered, but still, it was beautiful in Chanyeol’s eyes. “I have a family to provide and they’re not with me but it’s fine as long as I know I support their needs.” There was something, Baekhyun knew it, but Chanyeol didn’t.

 

“Yah, what about you?” Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol who was staring at him so he snapped the taller one, “Yah, it’s your turn now!”

 

“Oh, sorry about that.” Chanyeol was embarrassed, Baekhyun caught him. But he thought Baekhyun didn’t care, it hurt him but he let it go. “Park Chanyeol, 25 years old. Oh my gosh, you’re older than me hyung.” Chanyeol said and Baekhyun just smiled, he knew it. “But don’t worry, it’s just for 7 months.”

 

Chanyeol smiled at his hyung, but it faded a second after, “I don’t want to call you hyung, I feel like it’s not necessary or w--“

 

“Or maybe because I’m shorter than you. MUCH shorter than you.” Baekhyun glared at Chanyeol because Chanyeol laughed with his eyes twitching.

 

“I graduated architecture and had high grades but I’m not a good student but not a delinquent one too. It’s just my attitude and yes, I know that at least…” Chanyeol kept on talking and talking but Baekhyun asked himself what was wrong about Chanyeol attitude. “… I worked but got fired too---“

 

“And don’t let me fire you two.” Junmyeon went in the conversation. Baekhyun instantly closed the game’s window and Chanyeol froze. After walking pass Baekhyun’s desk, the two snickered at each other.

 

That ended the verbal talk… Baekhyun glanced at Chanyeol, and Chanyeol did the same. They knew it, they’ll continue this maybe next time… or in “5…”

 

“4”

 

“3”

 

“2”

 

“1” They didn’t mind Junmyeon the whole day.

 

~ ~ ~

 

Baekhyun knew that something was wrong. He even asked the other employees about it and they all said the same thing. But Baekhyun knew more and he thought, everyone should see it, so he has decided.

 

Chanyeol, being with Baekhyun all the time, felt everything was fine. He didn’t care about others; all that he cared about was Baekhyun, only Baekhyun.

 

“Sehun’s not sending you some papers? So we’re free, aren’t we?” Baekhyun said as he noticed that Chanyeol was not doing anything but to be in his desk all the time.

 

“Done with it. My eyes are sore because of the letters and whatever. I also encoded the report. But it’s fine, my work’s all done.” Chanyeol sang and Baekhyun pouted. Chanyeol really didn’t care.

 

“Oh hey, can you bring this to Kris hyung? It’s just files and such but he told me to check it before bringing these to him.” Baekhyun looked tired and Chanyeol saw it all the time.

 

“I can’t say no.” Chanyeol shrugged as he lifted the boxes of papers and Baekhyun figured out what was wrong.

 

“Kris, these are the papers… ugh, boxes of papers from Baekhyun.” Chanyeol said as he reached Kris’ desk.

 

Kris looked at Chanyeol and frowned. “Urgh, really? He has finished it that fast?” Kris sighed. “Ugh, can you bring that back to him and tell him to just continue what to do there. Baekhyun is an expert with those. I still have boxes of papers to check on.”

 

Chanyeol then looked at what Kris was doing, seeing 2 more boxes of papers, Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun.  He still has a lot to do. Baekhyun puffed his cheeks out because of the papers and Chanyeol has decided.

 

“Ugh Kris, I’ll just do this because I have nothing to do. Just teach me how these kinds of things work.” And Kris went to Chanyeol and made him sit on his desk. Kris told Chanyeol what to do. Chanyeol nodded at everything Kris was saying.

 

Kris sat beside Chanyeol, “Just ask me if something’s up.” Kris said.

 

“Yes hyung.” Chanyeol answered, doing his work.

 

Baekhyun, feeling the emptiness beside him, looked around to search for Chanyeol. Baekhyun saw him and smiled. He thought he did the right one, he should always ask Chanyeol do something for him.

 

IT TOOK CHANYEOL 5 WORDS TO TELL BAEKHYUN HIS FEELINGS

AND SO WAS BAEKHYUN TO CHANYEOL

 

The company’s having a day off. And by day off, the employees meant of having lunch together outside the company.

 

Baekhyun excitedly asked Chanyeol if he would come with them, but with the loud and deep voice he had, Chanyeol said, “No.”

 

“Why not?” Baekhyun found this ridiculous, this would be the first time they’re doing this for having a tough 2 weeks of work.

 

“I don’t feel like it.” Chanyeol didn’t care.

 

“But it’d be fun.” Baekhyun was pouting, thinking that he can convince Chanyeol by doing some cute gesture.

 

But Chanyeol looked away, “It’d be fun for you, but not for me!” Chanyeol exclaimed, recalling how failed he was every time they had a get-together with his classmates in his school days.

 

“Why not? We’re all there.” Baekhyun sensed that there was something wrong, maybe in Chanyeol’s past, but he had to let it go.

 

“I’m not close to them.” Chanyeol’s reason was true. He felt that the other employees were cold to him. But hell, he was the one who’s cold to everyone.

 

“Then be friendly! Start tomorrow!” Baekhyun exclaimed as if being friendly in just that day would be easy for Chanyeol.

 

“I think I cannot.” Chanyeol didn’t want to try because he knew he’ll just embarrass himself.

 

“You only think of that. Just try it once.  You should come!” Baekhyun was shouting now, wanting Chanyeol be by his side from then on.

 

“No.” Chanyeol said once again. Then Kris approached them, “Yo, are you going tomorrow?” he asked the two who became close to them for helping him every time he had excess papers.

 

“Yes, I’ll go but this guy here doesn’t want.” Baekhyun was mad and Chanyeol saw it.

 

“And why is that?” Kris asked him like the hyung he was.

 

“I’m different.” Chanyeol said.

 

“And what makes you different from us?” Kris asked as he crossed his arms across his chest, waiting for Chanyeol’s answer. But it was not given to him, instead, he heard this, “I’m not used to it.”

 

“Then you should be.” Baekhyun said and there Chanyeol knew that there was something more. So the nod Baekhyun got from Chanyeol, “Okay I’ll go.” And Baekhyun’s smile was perfect.

                                                                                               

 

Chanyeol was with Baekyun and Kris all the time like the baby he was. Kris rolled his eyes seeing how Chanyeol acted like he didn’t know the people who were walking with them were. They were going to the amusement park, for them not to be able to work tomorrow because they were all hella tired. ”Curse Junmyeon to hell.” Jongdae said as he stretched his neck, going in the horror house. “We have to let our anger to these ghosts or else, we could kill Junmyeon in his ing office.” Jongdae said and Chanyeol rolled his eyes, for only Chanyeol knew.

 

Kris then looked at Baekhyun, knowing what to do.

 

The group was in the horror house and they were all screaming like girls. Chanyeol tried to be with Baekhyun all the time but hell, Baekhyun went missing. He then looked for his Kris hyung but Kris was with Minseok who was clinging onto the much taller one.

 

Chanyeol didn’t care, he tried to go to his Kris hyung until suddenly, someone held onto him and he was so scared that Chanyeol can feel that the kid was shivering in fear. Chanyeol let his eyes adjust to the darkness and found out that the kid was Oh Sehun. He really is a kid. “Hyung, I’m scared!” Sehun said as he tightened his grip on Chanyeol’s arm.

 

Chanyeol can also see that Sehun was closing his eyes for him not to see the ‘ghosts.’ Sehun clung onto Chanyeol all the time they were in the horror house. They all laughed at Sehun who was so pale after going out the horror house. Sehun was about to cry but not until Chanyeol patted his back and ruffled his hair and said, “You’re brave, don’t worry.” and with Chanyeol’s eyes, he was telling Sehun that it was okay.

 

The others saw it and softened, feeling how Sehun was feeling. Baekhyun smiled at it. Sehun smiled at Chanyeol and gave him thanks for guiding him all throughout the walk.

 

Sehun then didn’t leave Chanyeol’s side that day. He always pointed at something and said, “Look at that, hyung.” “That’s pretty hyung.” “I want that hyung.” like the baby he was. This was the first time Chanyeol felt of having a little brother to protect.

 

The next day, Jongdae didn’t go to work, accusing Junmyeon for having a cold and sore throat. Chanyeol then found out that Baekhyun was so scared that time that he ran all by himself. Kris just laughed at that and also, he complained at how Minseok jumped onto him when something cold held Minseok’s foot. Sehun then was pouting after he went to Junmyeon’s office. Baekhyun asked what was wrong but Sehun just shook his head. But when it was Chanyeol’s time to ask him, Sehun told him everything.

 

That evening, Baekhyun just got a news that Sehun asked Junmyeon if he could take Chanyeol be his trainer but Junmyeon didn’t let it, he said that Sehun should stay with Baekhyun since their work would be the same in that company someday. Baekhyun, after getting the news, was a little sad, thinking that he didn’t teach Sehun enough.

 

 

Byun Baekhyun

 

I wish I was Sehun.

 

Park Chanyeol

 

 

Baekhyun smiled as he read the e-mail, 5 words but everything for Baekhyun.

 

 

Park Chanyeol

 

Wish we’ll work together forever. :D

 

Byun Baekhyun

 

 

Chanyeol felt he had everything. Baekhyun, the next day, as he took a look at Sehun who was asking Chanyeol something, smiled at what was happening. Because Chanyeol smiled for the first time, with no Baekhyun or Kris around. And he liked the dimple. Okay, and teeth.

 

IT TOOK CHANYEOL 5 SECONDS TO SEE THAT BAEKHYUN WAS MORE THAN BEAUTIFUL

 

Work was hell and they all knew it. All of them were busy. Kris was arranging the papers here and there. Minseok was running from here to there to let Baekhyun sign the accepted and rejected papers. Jongdae was shouting curses to the devil Kim Junmyeon who was watching them all the time, not minding the glares he got from his employees. Oh Sehun was printing papers that Chanyeol needed to read for ’s sake. YiXing was arranging the scheduled and unscheduled meeting with some companies they were dealing with.

 

It’s only 5 weeks though and hell, Chanyeol totally forgot about Kyungsoo. But he texted him and he was busy looking after Luhan, so Chanyeol thought it was okay.

 

It’s already 10 in the evening and almost everyone was getting ready to go home. Chanyeol was fine for he can read everything in his own house. But he can see that Baekhyun was not.

 

Baekhyun looked serious and tired with all the papers around him. Chanyeol then went to Baekhyun’s desk, but Baekhyun didn’t notice him yet so he greeted, “Baekhyun.” And there Baekhyun’s eyes lighted up, he instantly gave Chanyeol a smile as a greeting. 5 seconds, Chanyeol’s heart started to beat faster.

 

“What is it? You need help?” Baekhyun asked him kindly.

 

“I should be the one asking you that.” Chanyeol insisted.

 

“It’s fine.” Baekhyun got back to his work, but still, he was smiling, making Chanyeol ask himself if Baekhyun didn’t have any problems.

 

“No, it’s not.” Chanyeol demanded, holding one of Baekhyun’s papers.

 

“Then thank you.” Baekhyun said which made Chanyeol smile. They worked together the whole evening.

 

IT TOOK CHANYEOL 5 MONTHS TO ASK BAEKHYUN

 

Having their working schedule shifted, Chanyeol’s and Baekhyun’s working hours didn’t meet. It was something for Baekhyun and everything for Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol looked around and no Baekhyun was found. But there was Kim Junmyeon who was staying for hours to look after his employees, Chanyeol kept working. He had to.

 

Chanyeol read many papers as many as he could and took off of his glasses for the mean time so he could rest his eyes. Calculating the daggers Junmyeon’s eyes were sending him, Chanyeol immediately put on his eyeglasses once again and started reading and checking papers.

 

Jongdae saw this and didn’t care about what Junmyeon would say, he cared more about his bestfriend’s eyes. He patted Chanyeol’s shoulders and told him, “Your eyes should take a rest. We don’t want you to be blind.” Chanyeol did what Jongdae said and saw nothing but Junmyeon being confronted by Jongdae.,. not the other one around.

 

After half an hour of rest, Chanyeol got back to his work again, not minding the Byun Baekhyun walking in the office and starting his work. Baekhyun glanced at Chanyeol, wanting to greet him but Chanyeol was busy working and he thought, he shouldn’t be bothering him so he started working with Sehun.

 

IT TOOK CHANYEOL 5 HOURS TO NOTICE BAEKHYUN

 

Ending his shift, Chanyeol stretched his long arms just to hit Sehun on his chin, “Ow!” Sehun winced, and Chanyeol was startled but he giggled as his dongsaeng sent him daggers. Sehun pouted first and hit his hyung playfully then went to his trainer.

 

Baekhyun is Sehun’s trainer. Chanyeol immediately looked around to look for Baekhyun and there he saw the other one. He looked serious and Chanyeol didn’t want to disturb him in his work. Chanyeol sunk because he cannot do anything to approach Baekhyun. He wordlessly fixed his things, not wanting to disturb the other one who as working angrily.

 

And there he heard someone singing, Kim Minseok was happy as he gave Chanyeol a cup of coffee. Chanyeol took a look on him, still not grasping what the occasion was about for having a free coffee from Minseok.

 

Minseok winked at him, still humming, “Happy working! I know you’re tired!” Minseok said as he patted Chanyeol’s shoulder.

 

“What the hell Minseok hyung.” Chanyeol glared at him for Minseok was being weird.

 

“You call me Minseok hyung? Baekhyun teaching you some manners? Good student.” And Minseok ruffled the taller one’s hair. Chanyeol won’t mind, he liked it.

 

Minseok smiled as he bid goodbye to Chanyeol to make some more coffee for others too. Chanyeol then ran to him, asking if Minseok wanted help. Minseok was grateful, but he knew his coffee was the best in Junmyeon’s office. But he let Chanyeol since he knew that Chanyeol’s done with his work. Chanyeol’s an excellent kid, everyone knew that.

 

They were in a room, making coffee for others. “Yah, where’s your coffee?” Minseok asked him as he hit Chanyeol’s side, thinking that Chanyeol just put it on the sink without even drinking it.

 

“It is on my desk, don’t worry, I’ll drink it too!” Chanyeol exclaimed as Minseok didn’t stop nudging his sides. But eventually, Minseok stopped.

 

“Work’s getting harder.” Minseok was mumbling things, Chanyeol just nodded. “So we have to work hard. But we shouldn’t be setting our health aside, Junmyeon’s killing us. Can we file a case for him?” Minseok joked and Chanyeol knew it.

 

“I guess he needed a break.” Chanyeol thought of Junmyeon. Minseok nodded as he agreed.

 

“Hey, we could make coffee for him too. Oh, let’s send him some note. Maybe it’ll make him smile. I haven’t seen him smile since we worked here!” Minseok exclaimed and Chanyeol agreed.

 

“Okay, I’ll just get some sticky notes on my desk. I’ll get your coffee too!” Minseok said and Chanyeol nodded, thanking the older one.

 

Chanyeol stirred the coffee he was making. He looked outside the door and saw the busy employees including Baekhyun. Baekhyun looked around but focused on the papers he was holding after he pouted, Chanyeol still found Baekhyun as a cute guy. And Minseok popped out the door. “Staring, are we?” Minseok knew everything, he can see everything.

 

Chanyeol then went back to stir coffee. Then Minseok asked him which made him blush like a high school girl, “Are you and Baekhyun dating?” 

 

“W-what? No!” Chanyeol stuttered and Minseok laughed at that.

 

“Well I think you should be asking him. It has been 4 months and 2 weeks, we’re working here for so long and hey, you and Baekhyun are always sweet and such, at first I thought you were just ing each other anywhere you wanted but hell, Sehun and Jongdae told me that you are not dating and not doing something like that and I was surprised, really Chanyeol. Are you that scared?” he said and Chanyeol can’t say a thing.

 

“It’s obvious duh Chanyeol.” Minseok said after the silence. Chanyeol looked at him, not getting what Minseok was trying to say. Minseok looked at him, “It’s obvious Chanyeol, you like each other! Are you really stupid?” Minseok said. And Chanyeol was dumbfounded.

 

“Yeah, it was so obvious, right from the start. I first thought that it was only Chanyeol but seeing you two together all the time, him glancing at you every time you are doing something, oh my gosh, you guys are gay!” YiXing then said as he popped out on the corner. He just went to the bathroom.

 

YiXing then went beside them and got a coffee from them, he stayed with them too. Chanyeol was not saying anything all the time and this is the time for YiXing and MiSeok to laugh at how gay Chanyeol was. “Just ask him out, you idiot.” Minseok and YiXing said as they scribble some words for others. Chanyeol was dumbfounded, frozen even.

 

Delivering all the coffees on the employees’ desks, they all smiled at how caring they were with each other. But there was someone who was not thinking that it was funny. “Just Junmyeon, I know you like him. You’re a devil too, remember?” and he knew it was from Chanyeol.

 

“Hey you giant, you’re so tall, do you know that? Well, it’s obvious.” It was nothing though… but it was from Minseok, so it was everything for Kris.

 

“Work with us after you graduated dongsaeng, good job! But take care of yourself! Don’t let work ruin that face of yours.” It was from Chanyeol hyung, . “I’m here to protect you.”

 

Going out from his office, Junmyeon was smiling, for the first time. YiXing, Minseok, and Chanyeol were smiling at each other, while Jongdae was glaring at him, but hell, Junmyeon was smilng at him. And now, Jongdae was wondering what the note said.

 

This coffee thing made Chanyeol’s day. He walked happily with his co-workers as they went out the building. But before getting in his car, Baekhyun handed him something, it was a coffee bottle and it was empty. Chanyeol blinked at Baekhyun who was just smiling big at him. Chanyeol knew that there was something, Baekhyun then bid goodbye to Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol then opened the cap of the coffee and saw a note inside.

“Can we have lunch together?”

“I won’t say no.”

 

IT TOOK THEM 5 SECONDS TO TELL EACH OTHER EVERYTHING

 

Waking up by his alarm, Chanyeol sat up his bed. 10:30 AM it said. Chanyeol smiled as he stood up to get ready for a lunch with Baekhyun. He was smiling all the time he was fixing himself for a lunch with Baekhyun. He was imagining his lunch with Baekhyun but really, he didn’t know what to think. It could the best lunch ever and could be the worst one. But he preferred the best lunch of course.

 

Getting in his car, Chanyeol checked his watch, it’s 11:32 AM, he guessed he won’t be late. Well, he wished.

 

30 minutes in the car, for a traffic was ruining his day, he cursed the streets for having accidents or so whatever, and in this day! Can Chanyeol be angrier now that he was thinking that the universe didn’t want to let him have a date with Baekhyun?

 

Chanyeol was panting heavily after he parked his car then ran to where Baekhyun was waiting for 5 minutes. Chanyeol immediately apologized for his tardiness, and he was now thinking that this day will not be fine as he wished for. It took Baekhyun 5 seconds to forgive Chanyeol. “It’s fine.” Because Baekhyun could see how Chanyeol was so handsome right now.

 

Chanyeol smiled as he saw Baekhyun’s smile at him. “So, where do we go?”

 

“Somewhere where we can eat much.” Baekhyun said and Chanyeol knew where to go. They went to the near fastfood chain on the street. He once worked here that’s why he knew that it was safe and the food was good also, he knew Baekhyun would like it too. And Chanyeol was lucky that Baekhyun did.

 

Staying with Baekhyun, Chanyeol then realized that Baekhyun and Kyungsoo could be friends too because they’re the same. They have many things to say. “Hey Chanyeol, I was listening to a radio just last night and a guy was complaining that he was hurting whenever he was thinking of the things they were doing when they were still together. Then I thought, why would they think of that when they had good times, right?” Baekhyun was thinking and Chanyeol can see how Baekhyun tilted his head up to the ceiling to think.

 

And he guessed that Baekhyun needed an answer or opinion, “Of course, they regret how they lost their loved one.”

 

“Then they shouldn’t let them go!” Baekhyun exclaimed and Chanyeol wanted to laugh because he was really eager that a person wouldn’t let any opportunity pass.

 

“They’re not the one who’s deciding. It depends on the situation, sometimes, you love someone and you’re willing to let them go.” Chanyeol told him.

 

“Why would they let go? Because they have someone else?” Baekhyun was really asking and Chanyeol can only say, “Maybe yes, maybe no.”

 

“Then you’re not good enough for him. And he’s not good enough for you. Then that only means you should move on.” He said and Chanyeol was struck.

 

But Chanyeol said, “It’s hard to move on especially when you’re not willing to let go.” And this time, Baekhyun was struck but he smiled. And silence ate them.

 

Then music was heard and time was counting. Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked around and saw many people, boy and girl, boy and boy, and girl and girl, holding their hands together like they won’t let go.

 

Chanyeol was feeling something, and his heart was pounding, “Hey, we could be like that too!” he joked but Baekhyun didn’t say anything. “Uhm, in 5 years, that is.” he laughed awkwardly. it. He thought Baekhyun didn’t like it.

 

“Or in 5 months.” Baekhyun looked at him. They looked at each other’s eyes, seeing their reflections as if they were made to look at each other. Baekhyun only to look at Chanyeol and Chanyeol only to look at Baekhyun.

 

“Or in 5 weeks.” Chanyeol continued as he took in Baekhyun’s gaze at him, without lust but love.

 

“In 5 days.” Baekhyun blinked at him, like how the way Chanyeol’s eyes twitched as he laughed wholeheartedly with him.

 

Chanyeol smiled. “In 5 hours.”

 

“5 minutes.” Because he knew that Baekhyun would smile at him, too. And so Baekhyun did as he took note of Chanyeol’s dimple once again.

 

And they fell in love again. “5 seconds.”

 

“5”

 

“4”

 

“3”

 

“2”

 

“1” the clock struck at 5 PM taking note of how the sun was setting. Taking note of how the true thing started as they held each other’s hand, telling each other that they wouldn’t let go so they wouldn’t regret things.

 

~ ~ ~