In The Beginning...

The School For Dangerous Boys

A boy jumped from a rooftop to another in one swift leap, blotting out the afternoon sun for a brief moment. He was clutching a tattered, cloth sack in which its contents jangled and clinked. He wore a loose T-shirt, a denim jacket, baggy, torn denim jeans, red, tattered, dirty sneakers and his brown, wild hair was blown back as he sped across the roofs of apartments and bulidings.

That boy was Cho Kyuhyun. Let me give you a description of him: brown, chestnut hair, gleaming eyes, a y body, a beautiful face, a killer smile and a sweet voice.

But don't let looks deceive you. He's known to be a troublemaker and a rebel. Why, you ask? Well, I'll tell you. He's picked countless fights, broken into the most well-guarded places and disobeys orders from anyone. Sounds like a handful? He is.

Anyway, he ran across rooftops and jumped across long distances to other buildings. He raced through the air like his life depended on it. The sounds of taxis'  horns blasting, machinery working to the maximum of their potential, marketsellers shouting out to passers-by to buy their products and electronic advertisements on large, HD TVs on buildings blasted in his ears.

Kyuhyun finally stopped running as he rested on top of one rooftop. He looked behind his shoulder after he took off his robber's mask and pocketed it. There was no one following him. That was good.

He smiled. Today was a good day and he had put in a lot of effort into his work today. He opened the sack after making sure that there was no one around. In the sack was 3 gold chains, 12 gold rings with rubies embedded in them, a gold watch-ring, 4 pairs of pearl earrings and an emerald necklace.

Wanna know where he got this stuff from? He stole it from a rich couple's home. How? I'll tell you.

He waited in a tall tree, well camoflauged, for the couple to go out for the day like they always did in the afternoon and when their Audi had driven away some distance, he put his plan into action.

He put on his mask to cover his entire face, jumped down to the tall brick wall and scanned the interior, making sure that there weren't any guards or watchdogs in sight.

He then jumped down, landed softly on his feet, ran to the wall and stayed silent for a few seconds.

He then took a long length of rope, made a lasso and threw the rope with a deft twist so that it hooked onto the antenna near an open bedroom window expertly.

He then climbed up the length of rope stealthily and tumbled through the window, landing on the polished marble floor silently with cat-like agility.

He crept quietly across the floor of the master bedroom to an elegant dressing table. On the dressing table sat a wooden jewelry box and it was secured with a silver lock.

He fumbled in his pockets for a little pin and stuck it into the lock. He gave the pin a little jiggle or two until he heard a soft clack. The box was open!

He opened it and grabbed the 3 gold chains, the 12 gold rings with rubies embedded in them, the emerald necklace, the gold watch-ring and the 4 pairs of pearl earrings.

He closed the box again and locked it again. He made sure he put everything back exactly the way it was. If he didn't, he would give the game away that he had been in the house.

He was about to jump out of the window with his loot when he heard a gruff voice.

" Hey, you! What are you doing here!? "

Kyuhyun turned around slowly and saw a burly security guard standing behind him, brandishing a cosh. The guard grabbed him by his shirt roughly and slammed him against the wall. Kyuhyun winced a little.

" Who are you?! What are you doing here!? What's in the sack?! Aren't you gonna answer me!? ", the man shouted.

" Okay, okay, I'll talk. But let go of me first. ", he said.

As the man let go of his collar slowly, Kyuhyun secretly slipped his hand into his pockets. He felt around until he touched a smooth, slender tube.

" Okay, start talking, kid. Or else... ", the guard threatened as he brandished his cosh.

Suddenly, Kyuhyun popped open the tube's cover and sprayed something in the guard's face. The guard spluttered and tried to move, but he suddenly fell down on the floor in a dead faint.

" Never threaten a kid when he has sleeping powder with him, you idiot. Be thankful I didn't use my extreme measures on you... ", he smirked.

Then, he dropped the sack near the window and with much difficulty, he carried the big man and tried to shove him into a cupboard. Boy, was he heavy! The guy weighed like 20 elephants or more! But Kyuhyun still managed to log the unconscious man into the cupboard.

" Owww....my back....phew! Boy, he's really, really, heavy! ", Kyuhyun panted as he mopped his brow.

He then ran to the window, grabbed the sack, peered out the window to make sure the coast was clear and stood on the window ledge.

He untied the rope from the antenna, made another lasso, threw it and hooked it on a tree bough. Checking once more to make sure no one was around, he swung to the tree.

As soon as he was safely in the tree's branches and hidden by the dark green leaves, he ran off and jumped from bough to bough, branch to branch, tree to tree.

*****

Kyuhyun tied his sack again. He had to make it back to his place before dark. He slung the sack over his shoulder and ran off again.

After about 15 minutes, he reached the seediest part of town. He climbed down a rusty, squeaky old ladder that creaked and groaned with every step he took.

He walked through that damp, dirty alley alone. He covered his mouth to keep himself from puking as the disgusting smells of the neglected alley hit his nose.

Puddles of algae-filled water stained his sneakers and the scent of sooty smoke filled the air around him. Toilet water from broken, neglected pipes dripped out and splashed onto the yucky pavement. Black, brick walls were covered with graffiti and seedlings grew out of their cracks.

Kyuhyun walked past other lone boys or gangs who chattered, played with cards, drank whisky, smoked cigarrettes or sat by fires burning in big charred, metal cans.

A few boys looked at him with their glinting eyes. One sauntered up to him and grabbed Kyuhyun's shoulder. He spun around to face the boy.

" Yo. 'Sup, dude? ", the boy greeted him in a hip-hop accent.

" Don't try that ' Yo. 'Sup, dude? ' on me, Minhyuk. You're only asking for trouble, because I can tell that you want whatever I brought back. ", Kyuhyun snapped and spat on Minhyuk's shoes.

" Tsk. No need to be harsh on the gangsta, man. ", tutted Minhyuk with a smirk.

" Gangsta, my ! You're just a snivelling coward to steal things on your own! ", spat Kyuhyun.

Minhyuk stepped back and his face showed that he was slightly scared. Kyuhyun smirked in satisfaction.

" See? I knew it. Now scram, you wimp, unless you want a knuckle sandwich. ", he threatened as he cracked his knuckles.

Minhyuk backed off to his corner. Kyuhyun continued walking till he saw an old man at the end of the alley.

" You're here. You brought the goods? ", asked the old man.

" Ne. Here you go. A real good deal. ", said Kyuhyun as he threw the sack at the old man's feet.

The man opened it. His sunken eyes glinted with delight and awe as he inspected the jewelry. He then reached into his pant pockets and pulled out a huge wad of hundred dollar bills. He gave them to Kyuhyun who counted them before putting them in his pockets.

" Another job well done. Boss will be pleased. But you didn't follow his orders in getting rid of that guard-- ", the old man started to say before Kyuhyun cut him off.

" I don't take orders from anyone, mister. I get the job done by my rules. No one tells me what to do, not even your boss. I'm my own boss. You can go tell that to his rich . ", spat Kyuhyun.

" Arasso. You can go now. ", whispered the old man.

" Gomawo. See ya around. ", called out Kyuhyun as he walked back into the alley.

" See you, boy. ", called back the old man as he walked away with the sack and its precious loot.

Kyuhyun went back through the alley and turned right into a corner. He came to a makeshift tent with a sleeping bag, a backpack, a first aid kit and a few clothes. He lived here.

Kyuhyun sat down and rummaged through his backpack for some bread and cheese. As he was eating, a timid voice squeaked out.

" Ehm...excuse me? "

Kyuhyun looked up and saw a boy with blond, crazy hair, gray eyes the color of metal, an aeygo look and a cute voice. He wore a simple baggy shirt with army-green cargo pants and he carried a sling bag across his thin shoulders. He looked angelic, but Kyuhyun kept a good eye on the boy in case the boy did something unexpected.

" Whaddya want, kiddo? ", he muttered as he chewed on a piece of bread.

" Choneun Lee Sungmin imnida. I-- "

" Yeah, yeah. Choneun Cho Kyuhyun imnida. Whaddya want from me, huh? "

" I...I was wondering.....whether...umm....we could be chingus? "

" Not interested, kid. Scram. "

" But I-- "

" I said, scram! "

The boy named Sungmin ran off a short distance, but stopped near a wall before the entrance. He sat on a fallen brick, dropped his sling bag and continued to stare at Kyuhyun who was eating and completely ignoring him.

*****

As night fell, Kyuhyun decided to go out for a drink or two. He slipped on a loose, black shirt, a pair of black jeans, a pair of black sneakers, a black denim jacket with a hood, he spiked up his hair to a punk style and finished his look off with a pair of tinted sunglasses and a black watch.

Why, you ask, does he wanna wear all black at night? Well, he doesn't like to be seen on the streets so much and he prefers to keep to the shadows.

He walked till he came to a seedy bar, a popular hangout for s, thieves, crime bosses and backstreet gangs. He creaked open the door and strode in.

Rock music was being played full blast by the DJ grooving up on the platform with a dancer by his side. s and boys were making out and kissing each other out in the open. Crime bosses gambled as they picked their dirty teeth with bloodstained knives. Gangs were either smoking, talking, drinking or making out with s that came by their tables.

A girl slinked over to Kyuhyun in a y manner and purred seductively as she grasped his arm. He gave a snort of disgust as he pulled his hand away from the .

" Aww~ C'mon, baby. Why don'tcha come with me? I promise that I'll make your night tonight a memorable one~ ", the purred as she exposed some cleavage and his cheek.

" Get lost, . I ain't interested in you or your bewitching sweet talk. ", snapped Kyuhyun as he rubbed his cheek.

" Oooh, feisty, huh? I love guys like you~ ", the girl giggled as she put a hand on his thigh and rubbed it gently.

" Get your filthy hands off me, useless ! Go get a life! ", he shouted. Luckily, the music was on full blast, so no one heard him except the .

She was shocked. She had never met such a boy before that has rejected her approaches. She backed off slowly and melted into the crowd. Kyuhyun smirked in satisfaction and continued to walk to the bartender.

" Yoooo~! Kyuuuuuuuhyuuuuuuuun~! My peeeeeep~! Ma maaaaan~! ", rang out a drunken voice.

Kyuhyun spun around just in time to see a very drunk Minhyuk with a leaning on his arm staggering towards him. Minhyuk was holding a beer glass, his breath reeked of soju and he and the looked like as if they had been making out hard. He collapsed on Kyuhyun's shoulder and grinned drunkenly.

" Heeeeey, maaaaaan~! Whaaaaaasssssssuuuuuuuuuuupppp~? ", he chuckled weirdly.

" Get away from me, Minhyuk! You disgusting, stinking bastard! ", Kyuhyun spat as he threw Minhyuk off his shoulder.

" Awwwww~ Don't beeeeeeee liiiiiiiikkkkkkkeeeee thaaaaaaat, duuuuuuuuudddddde~ Join the paaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrttttttttyyyyyy~ ", dragged Minhyuk.

" off, Minhyuk. Don't let me see your stupid, ed up face near me again. ", he growled as he disappeared into the crowd.

Kyuhyun walked to the bartender and ordered a glass of soju. As he waited for his drink, he looked at the party going on. He glanced at his watch.

" Tsk. Where is that Hyun Seung? He said he had a job for me from that boss of his. ", he thought as he impatiently tapped his fingers on the counter.

" Your drink, sir. ", said the bartender as he gave the glass to Kyuhyun.

" Thanks. ", said Kyuhyun as he downed the glass in one go. Then, he waited for Hyun Seung to arrive.

" Phew! Tonight's soju was strong, but not strong enough. ", he thought as he tapped his foot on the floor.

" Kyuhyun-sshi? ", said a voice as someone tapped his shoulder.

Kyuhyun turned around and saw a nervous-looking boy. Sungmin!

" What the hell!? Sungmin-sshi?! What the hell are you doing here!? ", he hissed as he grabbed Sungmin's collar.

" I--I--I wanted to follow you. I--I still wanna be friends with you. ", Sungmin stuttered.

" I'm not interested, kiddo. Go home now. ", scoffed Kyuhyun.

" B--but--but-- "

" I said, go home! ", shouted Kyuhyun and shoved Sungmin to the ground roughly.

Sungmin picked himself up with tears in his eyes and slowly vanished into the crowd. Kyuhyun ignored the guilt he felt in his heart. Just then, Hyun Seung appeared.

" Finally, you arrived. What took you so long? ", asked Kyuhyun.

" I was testing your patience, Kyu. ", grinned Hyun Seung evilly.

" You wanna test your patience with my fist? ", threatened Kyuhyun as he clenched his fist.

" Woah, man. Chill. Chill. ", said Hyun Seung, tensing up a little.

" Get straight to the point. What's the job? ", Kyuhyun asked as he entwined his fingers together.

" Boss wants you to check out the School for Dangerous Boys. It's a secret all-boys school in which boys from gangs or troublemakers like us are caught from the streets and taken in. No one knows what goes on behind its doors, but some boys that are taken in are let out after a period of time and others are never seen again. ", explained Hyun Seung as he gave a file to Kyuhyun that read TOP SECRET.

" Hmmm. Interesting. Sounds like a real challenge. ", smirked Kyuhyun.

" Mmm-hmm. And Boss knows how much you love challenges. ", smiled Hyun Seung.

" Is your boss gonna send ya to check this out too? ", asked Kyuhyun.

" Yeah. We're s'posed to rendezvous near the Hongdae River tomorrow at 7:15 in the morning with Jjong. "

" Jjong's joining as well? "

" Mmm-hmm. "

" Where's this school? "

" It's about half an hour's drive from the Hongdae River. "

" Arasso. "

" Well, I've gotta go. See ya tommorow, hyung. "

" Right-o. See ya, Hyun Seung. "

Hyun Seung got up and left the bar discreetly. Kyuhyun did the same. As he walked through the dark streets, he heard crying and chuckles.

" H--he--help me! Somebody! "

" No one can hear you, shrimp. "

Kyuhyun ran to the alley where the noises were coming from. He saw 3 boys standing over a boy who was crouching. He took off his sunglasses and squinted to see who the boy was. It was Sungmin!

One of the boys hit Sungmin across his head and roughly pulled his hair, making him cry out in pain. Kyuhyun saw him cry tears of pain and fear onto the pavement.

Part of Kyuhyun told him to ignore and walk off. The other part of Kyuhyun urged him to help Sungmin. Kyuhyun stood for a while till he gave in. He ran to help Sungmin.

" Get away from him! ", Kyuhyun demanded as he punched a boy across the face with a POW!!!!

The other two boys turned around to see their companion lying on the ground unconscious with a bleeding jaw and a furious Kyuhyun standing in front of them with his arms crossed.

" Who the are you, you punk?! "

" I'm your worst nightmare. ", answered Kyuhyun and landed a flying kick on another.

The guy who got kicked landed on a couple of garbage bins. The third took out a knife from his pocket and rushed towards Kyuhyun.

" Die! "

The boy brought down the knife, but he misjudged his aim and it ripped  the right side of Kyuhyun's jacket sleeve as well as his shirt sleeve and the blade pierced his skin. Blood trickled out of his wound.

" You ! You're gonna pay for that! ", yelled Kyuhyun and gave the boy a left uppercut on his jaw.

The boy landed in the dirt and the knife flew out of his hand, landing in the dirt. He got up and ran off with his companions close behind him.

Kyuhyun sighed as he turned to face Sungmin who was cowering against the wall in fear. He knelt down next to Sungmin and offered him a hand.

" Hey. Sungmin-sshi? "

Sungmin stopped shaking and looked at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun had a warm smile on his face. Sungmin hesitatingly took Kyuhyun's hand.

" G--go--gomawo, Kyuhyun-sshi. B--but....why...why did you save me? ", stuttered Sungmin.

" I hate seeing people pick on others. ", answered Kyuhyun.

" Uhm...Kyuhyun...? "

" Ne? "

" Chingus....? Please? ", asked Sungmin hesitatingly.

" Alright. Chingus. ", smiled Kyuhyun as he gave Sungmin a comforting hug.

Sungmin was surprised, but happy at the same time. He hugged Kyuhyun back, but without knowing, his hand touched Kyuhyun's wound.

" Aah...! "

" Omo! Mianhae, Kyuhyun-sshi! I forgot you had a wound there! "

" It's okay. I'm fine, Sungmin. "

But even as he spoke, he felt dizzy a little. His knees almost gave way, but luckily, Sungmin caught him as he stumbled. Kyuhyun forced a chuckle.

" I'm okay. I just need to sleep now. "

" Kyuhyun, you can't go back by yourself if you're weak. I'll go back with you. "

Sungmin draped Kyuhyun's arm over his shoulder and helped him to walk back to his alley. When they got there, Sungmin laid Kyuhyun on his sleeping bag and looked into Kyuhyun's first aid box. He got out a syringe, inserted some medicine and injected it into Kyuhyun's shoulder near his wound.

" AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ", cried Kyuhyun as he writhed in pain.

" Stay still, Kyuhyun! I know it hurts, but stop moving! ", said Sungmin as he tried to hold Kyuhyun down.

He pulled out the syringe's needle and then took a cotton swab, poured some medicinal alcohol in it and wiped the wound gently. Kyuhyun felt tears creep out of his eyes that were squeezed shut as the stinging sensation burned his shoulder like a fire.

Sungmin then took a long roll of gauze and gently wrapped Kyuhyun's wound. He noticed tears trickling down Kyuhyun's cheeks and wiped off his tears with a swipe of his thumb.

" Hey, rest your shoulder, arasso? Go to sleep now, Kyuhyun. "

" I don't...grunt...take orders from..unh...anyone, got it? "

" Arasso, but just sleep, arasso? I'll be over at my corner if you need me. "

Sungmin turned to stand up, but a hand clutched his wrist. He looked behind him. Kyuhyun was the one holding his wrist.

" S--S--Su--Sung...min...you can stay with me....if you like. ", he muttered.

" Huh? Really? Gomawo, Kyuhyun. Wait here. "

Sungmin went to take his bag and sat down next to Kyuhyun in his makeshift shelter. He touched Kyuhyun's forehead.

" Sungmin, if you wanna be my partner as well, you have to be tough. I'm a thief as well and things like that. ", kyuhyun whispered hoarsely.

" I can handle myself, Kyuhyun. But will you train me and stuff like that? To be your partner? I'm sick of being picked on. "

" Sure. But for now, let's sleep. "

" Arasso. "

Sungmin lay down next to Kyuhyun on his sleeping bag and shut his eyes. Kyuhyun followed suit. Soon, the both of them fell fast asleep.

First chapter is out! Hurrah! How was it? Any comments or subscriptions or both? Gomawo! I love you! ^^