Truth

Love Delights

► Author's Note

Just want to tell you all that the beginning of this chapter is not in Bom's POV.


 

► Chapter 2 | Truth

 

I watch as he drives away from his house. Away from his wife. Away from his chance. I know everything. I know where he’s going. I know his secret.

 

"Fool," I mumbled.

 

I walked closer to his house and as I’m closer to the house, I can see her at the window ―standing behind it. She deeply sighs and turns away. I stepped into their property. I formed a fist to knock at the door but I didn’t manage to do it.

 

What if she still hates me?

 

I gather my confidence. I take a deep breathe and knocked the door. The door quickly makes it’s way, opened by a person. A beautiful person.

 

"Jiyong?"

 

Stop thinking about him, my mind said.

 

"Bom."

"Seunghyun.."

"May I come in?"

 

The sofa is comfortable. It makes the memories which I still remember even though it was a long time ago being replayed in my mind but I shook them off lightly. I can’t think about that now.

 

"Why are you here? How did you know I lived here? I thought you.. Went to America with your..fiancé", Bom asked me, sounding ever so soft and always full of concerns. But the word fiancé somehow made me hurt. The reason why I had to leave her.

 

"The engagement.. Didn’t turn out to be well"

 

"Oh.."  she lightly nods, "Then.. A-are you okay? Isn’t it too cold for you outside just now? I’ll be right back and bring a blanket to help you warm up" she stands up from the sofa and was about to go upstairs but I grab her arm, "I’m fine" and I gently pushed her to sit back. I look at her face. She’s even more beautiful now. But with that frown on her face, it can’t be helped. "Why do you look so vain?" I asked.

 

"It’s just that.. Oh, it’s nothing"

"Come on, Bom. You can tell me"

 

"Jiyong has been.." And as expected, it’s because of him. "He has been coming home late these days and going to work early in the morning. He said he’s busy but I don’t think a very busy person would even be in a situation like his. Especially when he knows that.. he’s married"

 

"And you waited for him?"

“Every day”

"Bom, don’t you get tired of it?"

"'I do,Seunghyun but.." she bites her thumb.

 

"You need a break." She looks at me. Curiosity fills her face. "I know a great place"

"But, I can’t. What if he comes back home and noticed that I’m not here? Besides Seunghyun, you’re my-"

"He comes back home, is not because of you, Bom."

"What do you mean?"

 

"I know this is going to hurt but i'm just gonna go straight to the point alright? I told you that my engagement broke off, right? Well, the reason is because she’s a cheater. And do you know who she’s cheating me with? Jiyong, Bom. Kwon Jiyong. Your husband. And I’m sorry because I had to leave you before.. Because I was selfish to not even think about how hurt you’ll be. After I found out that my fiancé was with another man, I got hurt too Bom. Hurt because I lose two people that I love so much. But after I found out that you were married to him few years later, I was shocked. And that’s why I came back here in Seoul. Because I still have feelings for you. He married you because he’s using you to cover his love affair with his women from his father. For the sake of getting his father’s company and assets. And you know how much Jiyong’s father likes you, Bom. That's the reason why he is.. busy."

 

"No, you’re lying. Seunghyun, you’re definitely lying to me", her voice was trembling. I can see her hands shaking, covering .

 

What have I done?

 

"I-I'm sorry, Bom."

 

 

 

 

They are kissing ever so passionate but she breaks away.

 

"Jiyong.. Are you sure your wife won’t find out about us?"

"I’m sure. I just have to wait until my father is ready to give me his company and then I’ll divorce her."

"What if she never wants to divorce you? Then I’ll have to go back to Seunghyun."

'Then, I’ll make her sign the divorce papers. Don’t worry, Yoona. You don’t need to go back with him."

 

 

 

 

He looks at the time. 06:36AM. He was lying on the sofa in the living room. He has stayed there since she ran to her room after the morning’s incident. Before leaving, he thought about checking up on her. He went upstairs and stands in front of a door.

 

She must be sleeping.

 

He was about to knock on the door but he stopped, "Why would I want to knock on a door when the person inside is sleeping?" He mumbled quietly and slowly puts down his fist. He grabbed on the doorknob and tries to open the door. Not locked. The light from outside the room enters the darkness. He sees the girl, sitting beside the bed while hugging her knees ―crying. He goes by her side.

 

"Bom, what’s wrong?"

 

She looks up, her face is a mess. "Seunghyun, why are you still here?"

"I can’t leave you here. You were in your room for the whole time. What if someone breaks in your house?"

"Oh" she lets out another sob.

 

"Why aren’t you asleep?"

"I’ve been thinking.. What if it’s true? The things you told this morning?"

"What do you mean, Bom? It is true." She starts sobbing louder.

 

Maybe I shouldn’t have said that.

 

Seunghyun touches her cheek, wiping the tears away. She stops crying but still sobbing. "Seunghyun.. You should go home. You don't know when Jiyong will come home. He might be on his way right now but you don't know. I don't know."

 

"Why do you still keep on waiting for him when you know he doesn’t love you?"

"Shut up, Seunghyun!" she punches him, but it didn’t hurt that much. "He loves me! I know he does! He says he loves me all the time! Stop lying to me, Seunghyun."

"Words can lie, Bom." said Seunghyun.

 

Then, they both stayed quiet. He slowly wraps his hands around her shoulder and caresses her hair gently.

"..I understand." he said quietly next to her ear. He breaks free from the hug and stands up, "But i'm not leaving until you get yourself out from this room. I'll be waiting downstairs." And he goes out.

 

 

 

 

That night.

"Yeah. Uh-huh. I’m at home now, Yoona. Yes. I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye." He ends the call when he steps out from his car. He was about to walk into his house when he suddenly sees a man at the pavement.

 

"Seunghyun." he widens his eyes. Did he hear me calling Yoona’s name just now? Seunghyun was his best friend but not anymore.

 

"Jiyong"

"What are you doing here this late?"

"I live around this area. And you?"

"I was at work. Aren’t you supposed to be in America?"

"My engagement didn’t go well. That’s why I came back here. Do you wanna know what happened?"

"What?"

 

"She cheated on me." Jiyong gulped. Then he rubs his neck, hoping Seunghyun didn’t see that coming. "It’s been a while. I heard that you’re married to Bom, Jiyong."

 

"Y-yeah. I live here with her."

"I see. Do you mind if I visit you both someday?"

"No. Not at all. Y-you’re welcome to visit" said Jiyong. Seunghyun nods and bid him goodbye and walk pass his car.

 

Once he’s out of sight, Jiyong stepped inside his house. He closes the door and when he looks to his right, he saw Bom ―looking at him beside the window. "Babe." Jiyong smiled.

 

"Who’s Yoona?" Bom knew who Yoona is. Before she met Jiyong, Yoona had always been trying to flirt Seunghyun ―to take him away from her. But Bom pretended that she doesn’t know Yoona.

 

"What are you talking about?"

"I heard you outside."

"She’s my workmate."

"I see."

 

Jiyong went closer to Bom, and tried to kiss her cheek but she moves her face away. "Have you been drinking? You smell a lot like alcohols." said Bom.

 

"Yeah, I’ve been stressing out because of work."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. I missed you"

 

Bom nods ―ignoring him and walks to her bedroom. Leaving Jiyong dumbfounded.