Shocking Presence

Love Delights

 

► Chapter 6 | Shocking Presence

 

Beep.

 

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We like to welcome you on board. Our flight duration to Jeju is scheduled to be 2 hours. We are expecting a fairly smooth flight today and thank you for choosing to fly with us."

 

Beep.

 

 

Bom looks out from the round window with her palm on her chin. The plane had took off to Jeju 20 minutes ago. She lets out a deep sigh. "Bommie? Why do you look so upset? You should be excited!" said Dara, in a loud voice. The passenger on her left side places a finger on his mouth and, "Sh!" Dara  turns her head to the left and bows apologetically then turns back at Bom. "I am excited, Dara. But yet, I’m not sure. You know I’m such a shy person when I go to vacations."

 

"Shy? Bommie! You’re not going with strangers for god’s sake! You’re going with your bestfriends! Why would you be shy?" Dara asks, quietly this time. And her words somehow, opened up Bom’s ears. "Speaking of bestfriends, Dara.. Who’s the special someone? Is the person not coming with us?"

 

"Eung? Oh! It’s Seunghyun. He sits right infront of you with Seungri. Didn’t you see him come earlier?" Dara answers. Bom widened her eyes, looking at Dara then to the seat infront of her. Shocked. Bom unbuckles her seatbelt and stands up ―slightly bending so her head won’t hit the luggage place. She looks down at Seunghyun’s head from above. Seungri notices a black shadow on his hand and looks up to see Bom. "Noona! What are you doing?! Sit back down!" he shouted. "Who are you talking to, Seungri?" Seunghyun asked him after he pulls out one of his earphone. "Bom noona!" Seungri shouted again. Seunghyun widened his eyes at the mention of the girl’s name. Bom is here?

 

He turns his head around and his eyes meets Bom’s. "S-Seunghyun?" Bom’s voice trembles. Then, one of the stewardess comes. "Please go back to your seat. You might fall down," she says. Bom looks at the worried-looking stewardess and Dara tugs Bom’s dress down until she sits back down, harshly. "Are you ok-" Dara cuts the stewardess' sentence, "She’s fine. I got her," Dara smiles. "Please remember that keeping our passengers safe is one of our task. Call me if you need anything," she says and bows politely then walks away.

 

"Dara! Why did you bring Seunghyun?!" whispered Bom, quite shocked. Dara grins and whispers back, "Remember that Seunghyun broke up with you but you still want to be with him? And I promised you that I will help you get him back? I’m sorry that I couldn’t help you because of my college but look now! I will help you get him back and that’s why I brought him over with us! Besides, our friends are happy to see him too, no?"

 

Bom slaps her forehead before letting out a deep breathe, "Dara! That was like years ago! And I’m already marri-" Dara places her finger on Bom’s lips, shutting her up. "I know you still like him, Bommie.  I know it through your actions just now! You look so surprise to see him here! Now why don’t you just shut up and get it done, alright? Shush," explained Dara. Bom nods quietly and remains on her seat.

 

 

But I’m married now, Dara. I don’t love him anymore, Said Bom’s mind in her mind.

 

 

After several hours later, they arrived at Jeju. Dara went out from the plane without even glancing back at Bom. "Jeju baby!" she shouts once she stands on the ground. Chaerin, Minji and the three other boys follows her shouting, "Jeju baby!"

 

Meanwhile, still in the plane, Bom was having a hard time grabbing her bag, high up on the luggage place. She tries grabbing for it on her tiptoes but she fails to. She could stand on the seat but she doesn’t want to get it any dirty. She was about to look for some help before Seunghyun, stands behind her and grabs her bag. "I’ll help you carry it on the way down," he smiles. "Oh no, it’s fine. I could carry it. It’ll just get you into hard work since you’re carrying your own too," said Bom, taking her bag back but he stops her too, "No. I insist. I’ll be alright."

"O..Okay," Bom quietly says. Seunghyun smiles again and, "C’mon, let’s go down."

 

They both went down and catches up with their friends. Minji turns around and looks at Bom, "Unnie, your bag?" Seunghyun holds Bom’s bag a bit higher to show it to Minji, "I’m helping her carrying it." Then, Seungri and Daesung looks at each other while making weird faces with their mouth in an O form. Chaerin laughs and wraps her right free arm around Youngbae’s neck, "That’s nice of you, Seunghyun. Not like this guy over here who doesn’t know how to be a gentleman," Chaerin mocks him. "Are you saying that you want me to carry your bag, Chaerin?" asks Youngbae, one of his eyebrows rose.

"Would you?"

"Hell no!"

"Exactly! Then why would you ask me that, you idiot?" said Chaerin before she punches him lightly on the shoulder, making others laugh except Dara and Youngbae. "Guys! C’mon! We should head to our hotel," said Dara. "Noona is right. Let’s stop laughin’ and head on," Daesung barges in. They all started walking to their current destination and Bom takes out her phone. Tapping a few on the screen.

 

 

To : Jiyong

Jiyong, I’ve arrived in Jeju safely. Are you alright? It only had been few hours but I’m already worried about you. Reply me when you have time. I love you x.

 

 

At the hotel.

"Hi, i'm Park Sandara. I booked two residental rooms yesterday and we would like to check in for 5 days. I also already paid for the room online through credit card."

 

"Hold on, please," said the hotel receptionist while looking at her computer screen, typing and clicking in swift moves. "Ah yes, you did. 5 days for two residental rooms, right? Alright. Here are your keys. That'll be in the 7th floor. You can take the elevator on the left corner. Have a good day," she smiled widely.

 

 

Bom places her bag next to a dressing table. Then, she sits on the edge of one of the two big beds. Queen sized. Out of the blue, Chaerin jumps on the bed, where Bom is sitting on and caused her to accidently fall on the floor. "Oh, unnie. Sorry, didn't see you there," said Chaerin, apologetically. Dara scoffs and walks towards Bom to help her stand, "Oh c'mon Chae, she was like right in front of your eyes," says Dara. Chaerin rubs the back of her neck and shrugs. "It's okay, Dara. I'm good," answered Bom then she shows her smile.

 

"Guys! I mean.. Girls?' Minji laughs and continues, "The boys said to get ready because we're going to eat dinner at a restaurant on the 2nd floor." Chaerin stands up next to the bed, stretching her arms towards the ceiling, "Man, i'm jet-lagged. Why don't you guys go? I got some snacks packed up so i'll be alright for dinner," she says. Bom looks around for a second, confused. "Um, oh! I'll be staying with Chaerin too. You both can go," Bom smiles. "Well, okay. Just catch up when you feel like joining us. You know what floor it's on. Me and Dara unnie will go freshen up for a bit," says Minji and goes inside the bathroom.

Bom nods and lies on the bed. Chaerin sits on the other bed this time. She takes her phone from her handbag and listens to music without even wearing her earphones. Then, she suddenly turns the volume on the phone louder, probably in a maximum volume. Chaerin sings and dances, following the rhythm of the music.

Then, Minji and Dara leaves without saying any goodbye. Bom feels the urge for quietudes. She wants Chaerin to turn off the music but she doesn't want to be the person who pernicious Chaerin's personal fun. Bom gets up and takes her jacket. She grabs her phone and, "Chae? I'm gonna go out for some air. Text me if you want me back here." Chaerin nods and continues on whatever she was doing. Bom wears her shoes and jacket then takes the room's card key before leaving the room.

 

After closing the door, she notices Seunghyun going out from the room next to their's. He turns his head to the left when he noticed the same thing. There was an awkward silence between them. "Bom? You joining Youngbae and the others for dinner?" he asks. Bom shooks her head, answering no, "I'm just going out. You know.." she pauses and looks at her shoes, looking for another excuse than the real one and she answers, "..Looking around the hotel." Seunghyun rose one of his eyebrows before he asks a question, "Looking around? Doesn't sound like you," He smiles, "Wanna go watch a movie?"

 

Movies? Is he flirting? Or is he just being spontaneous?, thought Bom. Whatever it was, it's definitely making Bom uncomfortable.

 

"What about the others?" Bom questions back.

"They'll be fine. I told Daesung that I was gonna go and watch one anyway. There's a cinema just down the streets. I'm telling you, the movies is very mollyfying eventhough it's just a middling one," he says, inserting both of his hands into his pockets. Bom titls her head a bit, confusion fills her mind, "Mollifying? Middling?"

"Hm? Oh. Mollyfying. Well, sorta calm and peaceful. Middling. It's not really a famous movie but it's known here though," Seunghyun turns his head to see Bom's face. He chuckles.

"What's so funny?" Bom asks, raising her eyebrow. Seunghyun stops and shooks his head, "It's just that.. You look funny when you're confused, Bom. Like a child filled with bizzare unanswered questions in her mind." Bom's lower lips forms a pout, disagreeing at his words. Calling her a child. She scoffs then, "Ain't coming along?" Seunghyun asks.

"Sure but you're gonna have to waste your money for my popcorn." and they both laughed and walks away. As if they just made up. But no.

 

 

Seoul | 08:20PM | Jiyong's POV

I groan as I wake up from the vibration of the telephone on my desk. I place my hand on my forehead and with my other free hand, I reach for the telephone. "What?" I answered.

 

"Oh sir! You finally answered. I've been trying to contact you but you-"

"Just what do you want, Secretary Lee?" There's a silent for a moment.

"You'll be having another meeting with the president tommorow morning. 9AM sharp."

"What does my father wants?"

"I am not sure about that, Sir. But President Kwon did inform me that it is urgent and important."

 

I let out a heavy sigh. I'm very tired from working, signing paperworks since morning. I was hoping I could get a free time tommorow. For a rest. But now I have a meeting? What does that old man wants?

"Fine. Tell him i'll attend the meeting," I ordered. "Alright," and he ends the call. For a second, I thought, how dare he ends the call before me? But then I realised, It's not like it happened just today. I stand up and look at the watch on my wrist. 08:24PM. I don't have anymore work so I gather my things and head home.

 

After 40 minutes passed, I arrive at my house's doorstep. I unlock the door quietly. Once I hear the click sound, I opened the door quickly and, "Bom!" My smile fades as soon as I see darkness. I turn on the lights. I look around and keep on calling her name. Babe, where are you? I look upstairs but she's not in any of the rooms. I went downstairs again and takes out my phone. The screen pops out and I see a small icon. 2 messages received. I open the first message.

 

From : Yoona

Jiyong, will you come over to my house today? :*

 

Few taps on the screen and the message is deleted. I am not in any mood to see Yoona right now and I don't know why. The second message pops out.

 

From : Park Bom

Jiyong, I’ve arrived in Jeju safely. Are you alright? It only had been few hours but I’m already worried about you. Reply me when you have time. I love you x.

 

My chest terribly sinks and I groan silently. Now I remember. She's not anywhere at home. How can I not remember? 

 

 

Jeju | 09:02PM

As the movie's credit rolls, the cinema's lights are again. "How was it?" Seunghyun asked. "The movies is awful," Bom answered. He laughs and points at the empty box in Bom's hands, "I'm taking about the popcorn you ate alone." Bom presses her lips together and then she smiles, "It was good.'

He takes a look at the watch on his wrist, he said, 'We should go back to the hotel or they might go and look for us," and Bom nodded.

 

Bom walks in her room in the hotel. She takes off her shoes and jacket. She walks towards the bed. No one is inside the room. Good thing i'm the one who holds the card key, thought Bom. And she wonders, where's Chaerin? She takes out her phone and turns it on. She turned it off when she was at the cinema. She didn't want anything to disturb her eventhough the movie is awful. When the phone has completely turn on, Bom noticed that she receives 4 messages from 4 different numbers. She was surprised, because she never received so much messages in one time. One by one, she reads and replies all the messages.

 

From : Lee Chaerin

I'll be joining Dara with the others. Text me when you back xx.

 

To : Lee Chaerin

Have fun. I'm in our room.

 

 

From : Sandara

Bommie! Where are you? Why aren't you joining us and Chaerin? T_T

 

To : Sandara

It's okay and don't worry. I'm here in our room.

 

 

From : Seunghyun

To thank you for accompanying me at the movies, I shall spend my money for your breakfast tommorow. Good night.

 

To : Seunghyun

HAHA. Prepare to go home with your empty wallets.

 

 

On the last message, Bom got so excited and all. Her heat beats fast. She clicks. Jiyong.

 

How are you? Doing good? How 'bout dinner?

 

Bom didn't know why but her heart sank deep low. "That's it? Not even an I miss you? At least say that you're doing good as well." mumbled Bom quietly.

 

To : Jiyong

I'm good. I skipped dinner. I went to watch a movie with Seunghyun instead. And how about you, Jiyong? Having fun?

And not too long after, he replied.

 

You went to watch a movie with Seunghyun?

 

To : Jiyong.

Yes, it was awful.

 

From : Jiyong.

I see. Well, i'll call you up later. I have work tommorow in the early morning, gotta sleep early too then. Bye. Sleep well, babe.

 

Bom then puts way her phone on a small table beside her bed. I have work tommorow in the early morning. His text made her remember the incident before.

 

Flashback.

"I know this is going to hurt but i'm just gonna go straight to the point alright? I told you that my engagement broke off, right? Well, the reason is because she’s a cheater. And do you know who she’s cheating me with? Jiyong, Bom. Kwon Jiyong. Your husband. And I’m sorry because I had to leave you before.. Because I was selfish to not even think about how hurt you’ll be. After I found out that my fiancé was with another man, I got hurt too Bom. Hurt because I lose two people that I love so much. But after I found out that you were married to him few years later, I was shocked. And that’s why I came back here in Seoul. Because I still have feelings for you. He married you because he’s using you to cover his love affair with his women from his father. For the sake of getting his father’s company and assets. And you know how much Jiyong’s father likes you, Bom. That's the reason why he is.. busy."

End of flashback.

 

On the other side, Jiyong is wondering on the sofa in the living room.

I went to watch a movie with Seunghyun instead.

"Why him?" said Jiyong to himself. He didn't know why why but his heart, hurts at the thought of it. He never have felt like this before. Especially before of his wife. Is it because he misses her? Is it because she is with Seunghyun, her ex? Jealousy? He didn't know which is it. He covers his face with his arm.

 

Don't think about it.

Just don't.

Stop thinking about it.

 

And soon after, he falls asleep.