[6] scorching-red

of wasted breaths and slipping fingers
scorching-red
— "Because, red is the colour of a hero" —
 

luhan writes beautiful things. unlike his lips who speaks plain language, he writes beautifully.

 

of unchained stars.
of skies with evanescent clouds.
of darkened days.

 

and this summer, luhan writes about her.
a beautiful person with fragile existence; a withering flower with iridescent shades.

 

 

[red]

 

yoona is approached by summer with lonely eyes and ruled lips. but it has always been like that. that plain life of hers, with grey scratched upon it.

 

there was a girl. she was surrounded with many beautiful colours life had. but all she saw was grey.

 

if luhan is someone who write beautiful things in colorful shades, yoona is another different story. yoona writes and paints morose. she use dark colours as her shades and  sadness as her inklings. therefore, she only writes when she is sad. but she is sad all the time. luhan finds it amusing how someone can have one concrete emotion. but her sadness itself doesn't amuse him. he can't be amused by something that breaks people from the inside.

 

she wrote beautiful things from time to time. but with tears as her ink and her heart as the content. she was the story she herself wrote.

 

yoona walks to the campus at seven in the morning and comes home at five. yoona is a lone flower with few acquaintances. luhan is one of the closest ones. but she always keep her distance with people. when you have nothing to keep, you will  have nothing to lose. yoona had learnt the lesson life gave her long, long time ago.

 

she was scarred long time ago and was left with a wound she couldn't heal herself. therefore she has nothing to lose now, for she had chosen to have nothing to keep. she learnt that by keeping herself from pain, she could never feel the touch of happiness.

 

"i have been taking a liking on you for a long time, will you be my girlfriend?"

 

shreds of papers scatter in the air and yoona had brutally tore the envelope and tossed it in the air. she looks down in deep breaths and suffocating throat. she just broke somebody's heart even though she knew by doing that, it won't fix hers.
she looks up and tears brim in her eyes.
"you didn't even know me"

 

i was there when she wept. she was given the love that reopened the scars of the past. she suffered for the love that he chose to give to her beautiful face.

 

since that incident, it is hard for luhan to approach her. luhan wants to calm her sense and bring her back.

 

she didn't knew that by breaking his heart, she was also breaking mine. 

 

yoona write sad things everyday. luhan is worried. yoona doesn't stop and won't stop.

 

"yoona, i know he had hurt you by his confession, but recover! if you don't love him, you will just have to say no and if you are sad about other things, please tell me because i don't want you to be sad all the time" luhan is separated from yoona with this wooden door, but he screamed for her because he is afraid that they belong to two different worlds that will never meet.

 

but yoona opens that world for him to enter(out of all the people in the world, she chose him), and pulls his hand to come in. he stumbles in, with abashed eyes and a smile wanting to break out from his lips, and the first thing that comes to his view is her smile. that smile.

 

but that smile reflected sadness, not the happiness i learnt on the first time our gaze met.

 

"i was sad because he loved me when he doesn't know me. his foreign eyes said it all. i'm sorry luhan, but this sadness of mine is for me alone to keep"

 

yoona hugs luhan to calm his sadness down, but for him, she is taking the pain away and contains it in her heart(luhan no longer smiles, but it's okay. it's yoona and she's here with all of her lukewarm gazes)

 

she was as warm as the summer's heat, but that day i wept for the door of her heart will never be opened again.

 

now, what luhan has to do is to keep her safe. sadness leads to depression and the last thing luhan wants to see, is to see her legs dangle on one of those skyscrapers, with her figure flying down from it.

 

i was afraid that she would be a goner, because she loved heights and places she could jump from.

 

yoona loves gravity, when luhan hates it. they were in this tall building, and she said she often hangs out around here. yoona sits on the edge and luhan tells her to stop because she will fall. she only laughs it off, and pats the seat beside her. it is the first time for luhan to see her laugh, in such a free manner. so he sits beside her, and they enjoy the wind that blows their sadness away.

 

her laughters were like tinkling bells, and i let her be. for she finally exuded happiness, and colours that i have yet to realize.

 

sunset approached the two lads, and yoona said that they have to keep their eyes on the sun before it disappears. but instead, luhan keeps his eyes on yoona, for he doesn't want to see her vanish as the sun sets.

 

her eyes were like a pair of beautiful moons shining upon me. she was staring and pointing at the sun. but i was looking at her hand. lining the horizon with reds painted along her fingertips.

 

then suddenly, yoona said that she loves him. she said that she loves the way he writes beautiful things, the way he is being himself. she said it in the most beautiful sense that his happiness can't be contained.

 

she loved me in the summer our gaze first met.
she loved me on rainy days when she was sad.
she loved me when i was happy.

 

she falls.

 

she didn't gaze at me when she fell. she was drawing her blood to my cheek, and i was broken again. but there was no her to hug me, to take my sadness away.

 

luhan thinks that the moment she falls, there should be red petals of rose raining above her, accompanying her death. because she is as scorching as the sun, and as red as the colour of rose.

 

and because, red is the colour of a hero.

 

and in the end, she hurted me without the intention of being to. a rose she was, and there is no way of coming out in a whole if you  want to touch her. and even though she scarred me with her thorns, she is still the hero who saved me on the summer when our gaze first met.

 

[scorching-red - fertig]

Author's Note:

A thoughtful, and motivating review from SBC Review Shop (by lovely, lovely LynnLaura)

(+)

Another helpful review by Guardian of A Lanterns Review Shop

 

 


 

well, um you see this is actually a story that I have on my other account, and it has a soft spot in my heart you know cause this is is the first writing that I feel really proud of, and I wrote this when I was in a state of confusion and sadness and lots of bad things going on in my life, and I want to post it here cause I found this story suit this theme and I kind of want to give up my other acount and post my stories there here cause there is nothing to be seen there. So, I hope this story could touch you(appropriately, for the least, wink wink)