[3] his daytime shooting star

of wasted breaths and slipping fingers
his daytime shooting star
— for elle, whose stories reminds me of

sunshine and all its happiness. —

 


winter, mid-way

he always thought that she is his daytime shooting star. and he also wonders why.

he told her once, and she laughed.

with tinted pink on her cheeks and eyes crinkling, shy as ever with black ringlets covering her face.

and he falls for her, like how the stars and meteors of the galaxy fall to the earth.

uncontrollable, and losing pieces of himself along the way, hoping that eventually, she could be the pieces that complete him.

eventually.

 

 

 

spring, mid-way

"hey, luhan. don't ignore me."

luhan keeps typing away his thoughts and his inklings.

"hey"

luhan hears but doesn't listen.

"stupid luhan"

(by this time, yoona is already weeping childish tears whom he cannot grasp the reason behind it)

luhan moves away, and yoona is still bubbling tears off her eyes. "i'm sorry, yoona. now, i'm all ears for you. stop crying and put yourself together"

 

yoona tumbled into his life like a ball of light, all gleaming and bright that it blinds himself away from all the darkness beneath that she kept to herself, but luhan pretends to not know. he doesn't want to.

"you are as mean as ever"she grumbles, and of red nose and wet snots with palms tapped on both of her eyes, luhan gives her tissues even though she pissed him off as ever for crying and yoona take them, and rants on and on about how she thinks people are using her for their benefits(she goes on screaming and hitting him, luhan still doesn't hit girls). and luhan only listens(though luhan, without her knowing, agrees).

the last time luhan cried, he only hears a distant boys don't cry, crying won't get you anything in life as he slowly shuts himself from the world. when luhan cries, it's the end for him. the world will be blurry and everything sounds far away and his eyes will be clouded in black, black sorrows of depression.

(and for that, luhan doesn't want yoona to end up like him, monochrome and sad)

 

summer, beginning

luhan doesn't like the idea of helping people. people gets ahead of themselves, and they will ask as much help they can get that they end up doing nothing(but say a thank you, that doesn't mean anything). and he doesn't like the idea of getting help also, especially when it's something he can do by himself. he learned it all from his past.

"hey luhan, you know im yoona right? can you-urm you know intro-"

"no, thank you. you can talk to her by yourself"

"but i haven't finished talking, lu-"

"i know where this is going, kai. so grow some balls and talk to her by yourself"

luhan left as a slam was heard on the locker beside him. he doesn't care. kai can do anything to anyone, pick them and throw them away like unused toys when he no longer needs them. but not to him(again). not to yoona. not to people whom he cares about. luhan had forgiven jongin a long time ago, where he decided to leave him just because he finally realized jongin had been using him, all this time. he had forgiven him, even though jongin gave him an empty friendship for the money on his pocket. luhan knew, that one should forgive, but one should never forget.

 

"luhan, there's this boy. he said he's your friend. his name is kai, and he's bothering me"

yoona comes up to their hanging out place that afternoon, and her eyes are full of stories, ready to tell the repetitive topic for stories that become her frequent cause of sleepless nights and their 3 am night talks. she is burning up with passions and hopes of actually having people by her side without her being used, but she is burnt and broken to the bones by all the lives she had not lived, times spent on countless attempts to help people that doesn't give one, or two s about her being. 

luhan is a contradiction of yoona. luhan is the colour of blacks, whites, dark blues, and all the colours that remind you of nothing but bad days. yoona is a composition of yellows, oranges, and reds, and blues, and greens and she reminds you of spring mornings and summer afternoons.

that is one of the reasons why yoona like so many things about him. she could define him in colours, unlike people nowadays that are nothing but a mix of pretentious actions and empty hearts. even when luhan is a mix of dark things, he is her moon. the one thing that shines in the dark so brightly when everything vanishes to the air on her dark days.

"don't talk to him, yoona" and that's enough to tell yoona, that kai is bad. bad for all the reasons that she need not to know. luhan never talks anything bad about people(she thinks that he knows, for all the bloody sense that he has, that he doesn't have the right to) and doesn't show them his claws until they get on his bad side.

 

summer, end

you are my daytime shooting star, luhan told her once last winter and he told her twice this summer as she is now in his arms. she smiles and he wishes that this moment lasts forever, that he could pause time and let the world stops for a while, just so he won't forget. he won't, and he never will.

he could hear the sound of her muttering his words to herself repetitively, until her smile widens and widens even more, until tears come to her eyes, until she pulls him so close that he could hear his and her heart beating in the same pace. he smiles and she fell, all over again for him. like how some flowers bend with the rainfall, and how the sky wishes to touch the earth.

thump thump thump, fast fast so fast that yoona pulls away to take a waft of air that's not luhan. 

"my heart is beating so fast, lu"she chortles, like a child's laughter in the beginning of june.

he smiles, and he kisses her. she closes her eyes then and he closes his eyes now.

there are butterflies beneath, flapping its ells to their ribcages and they could feel flowers, sunflowers and dandelions and roses, sprouting from their hearts and they could feel something beautiful that's growing between the two of them. something, that perhaps may allow them to fix each other along the way.

 

and eventually, the star meets the moon and together, they complete each other's loneliness.

Author's Note:

I HOPE YOU LIKE IT ELLE

AND YOU TOO SUBBIES <333

 

[reviewed by Dancing Daisy Reviews (by the lovely dancingdaisy, of course]

"a pleasant and gratifying read, really refreshing and beautiful!! and a really neat and unique writing style!!" (+)