TWO

My Silent Oppa

Yi Jae sat in bed lifelessly and listened to the constant knocks on her room door made by the maids. For the past ten minutes, maids were trying to get her out of bed but each failed.

She wanted to leave but couldn't since there were guards at each exit of the house and she couldn't escape through her window or else she will end up splattered all over the backyard as her room was located on the third floor. 

When she heard the door knob turning, she took up one of her pillows, ready to aim it at the person who dares to come in. Suddenly, one if the maid's head poked through the crack between the door and door frame.

In the next second, the pillow hit the maid square in the face. The maid stumbled back and the door closed shut.

Most of the maids got attacked with either pillows or plush toys. Yi Jae warned them about coming inside but they didn't listen to her as Mrs. Park ordered them to bring her downstairs. 

 

Again she heard another knock on her door.
"Yi Jae, it's me, Chanyeol. I'm going to open the door now," he announced before counting to five then opening the door.

As the door flew open, she threw her blanket over her face. She had been crying the whole of last night so she must look like a big mess now.

Chanyeol closed the door and walked over to her bed and sat down on the side.
"Yi Jae," he called and tried to pull the blanket off of her but she held it tightly over herself.
"Yi Jae," he called again.
"I don't want to go," she spoke, still under her blanket.
"Yi Jae, if you don't get ready, mom will come up herself and scold you," he told her.
"I don't care," she replied coldly.
"Yi Jae, I know you don't want to get married but at least visit Ara at her bridal shop. She'll probably help us come up with a plan to get you out," Chanyeol persuaded her.

Yi Jae thought about it for awhile and then finally gave in,"Fine, I'll go."
"Get out so I can change," she spoke.
"Okay, I'll be waiting outside," he got up and told her.

When she heard her room door open then close, she kicked off her blanket and went inside her bathroom.

She looked at herself in the mirror and saw her puffy eyes. Yi Jae sighed then began getting ready.

 

Minutes later, Yi Jae left her room dressed in skinny jeans with a top that complimented her figure. She tried her best to cover up her puffy eyes with makeup and it worked a bit, at least it's less noticeable now.
"Let's go, mom's waiting," Chanyeol spoke and grabbed her hand and pulled her downstairs.

When they reached downstairs, they headed straight to the car as their mother was in the car waiting.

__________________________________________________________________

After a short peaceful drive, they reached the bridal shop that her cousin, Ara, owned. Yi Jae quickly got off the car and went inside the shop. She was told that she would see her future husband today and she was curious to know who it was.

As she stepped inside the bridal shop, the cool air conditioning caressed her skin. Yi Jae's eyes scanned the whole room for a boy her age who was supposed to be her future husband.

Her eyes stopped in place when she saw her cousin.
"Yi Jae," her cousin called loudly and gestured her to come over.

Yi Jae made her way over to her cousin and was greeted with a big hug.
"Yi Jae, it's been a long time since we last saw each other," Ara said. "And congratulations, I'll give you the most beautiful wedding dress here as a gift," she continued.
"Don't even go there unnie," Yi Jae commented.
"Why? What's wrong? I mean you're going to get married to a rich and hot guy," Ara  asked.
"Hot guy? You saw him? He's here right now?," Yi Jae replied.
"Yeah, he's over there trying out some suits. You're really lucky Park Yi Jae," Ara nudged her side.
"I'll speak with you later, I'm going to go see him now," Yi Jae told her as she looked over to the side of the room he was at.

 

As Yi Jae came closer to where he was, her heart started to pound hardly against her chest.
"It can't be him, it's not him," she repeated over and over in her head as she heard him speak to her mother.

His voice was familiar as she heard it before. Her future husband sounded a lot like her school's biggest casanova,

Kim. Jong. In. 

He was known for his killer looks and his skills of getting a girl's kiss. He even used his skills on Yi Jae but luckily, she wasn't as naive as those other girls.

Yi Jae prepared herself for the worst. She stood still and waited for him to turn around so that she can have a full view of his face.

Before he even turned around, her heart shattered upon hearing someone calling him.
"Jong In, where's your fiancée? I want to see her," someone with a deep voice asked him.

"There she is," Mrs. Park quickly answered and turned her attention to Yi Jae who was standing a few feet away.

Jong In turned his attention over to the girl and was shocked at who he saw.
"Yi Jae?," he spoke and stepped off the platform he was standing on.
"You know each other, that's great!," Mrs. Park exclaimed.
"I've never thought that you'd turn out to be my fiancée," Jong In smirked.
"Okay. Let me make it clear today. I would never marry you and become your wife even if I were to die,"she took a step closer to him and stated while looking him dead in the eyes.
"Yi Jae!," Mrs. Park pulled her back and scolded.
"I can't take this anymore!," Yi Jae yelled angrily and stormed outside.

Chanyeol saw and went after her, leaving Mrs. Park and Jong In in the shop.

 

"Chanyeol, I really don't know what to do now. I want to die, kill me now," Yi Jae spoke as she played with her shoe lace.

Chanyeol lowered himself and sat down on the sidewalk beside her.
"Come on Yi Jae, you still have two more days to think of a plan. We can ask Ara to help us, I'm- ," Chanyeol was cut off when Ara came outside looking for Yi Jae.
"There you are," Ara spoke loudly.
"Speaking of the devil," Chanyeol said out loudly for Ara to hear.
"You guys were speaking about me, what about me?," she asked inquisitively.

Yi Jae got up from the sidewalk and held both of her cousin's hand, "Unnie, you have to help me get out of this wedding."
"What for?," she replied.
"I don't want to marry someone I don't like," Yi Jae told her cousin. "Would you want that?"
"And plus, I already have someone I like," she whispered to her unnie.
"Okay, fine," Ara gave in. "But are you willing to risk everything?"
"Yes," Yi Jae confidently answered.