FOUR

My Silent Oppa

"You're under arrest," Daehyun stated as he cuffed one of her hands.

When he reached for Yi Jae's  other hand, she held it away from him.
"Are you crazy?," she shot at him.
"Please watch what you're saying," Daehyun told her as he reached to cuff her next hand.
"Let- ," Yi Jae started but paused when she saw one of the guards.

She ran but was pulled back by Daehyun, who was still holding the other end of the hand cuff. She didn't say a word and powerfully yanked him along with her as she was focused on escaping. 
"Stop running or you'll be in more trouble," he told her as he ran alongside her, still holding onto the hand cuff.
Daehyun, thinking that he was going to lose her, cuffed his own hand to hers so that she couldn't get away.

Yi Jae ran until she was out of breath. She finally stopped running when she thought that it was safe as there was no sign of the guards.
"My legs are going to break because of those stubborn guards," she thought to herself.

When she was breathing normally, she turned to Daehyun who she thought was still holding onto the handcuff. Instead of seeing what she thought, she saw her hand cuffed to his.
"Hurry and get this off!," she ordered him as she shook her cuffed hand.
"What did you do for those guards to be chasing you?," he asked when he caught his breath.
"That's none of your business. Hurry and get this off of me," she demanded.
"You know if you confess your crimes, your punishment will be reduced," he told her.
"Crime? You're saying that I committed a crime?," Yi Jae asked angrily.
"Then why are you being chased down like this?," Daehyun replied.
"I ruined someone's wedding, that's all," she answered plainly.
"Oh. Then I apologize for misunderstanding you and putting you in handcuffs," he sheepishly apologized and scratched his nape.

Yi Jae rolled her eyes," Just hurry and get this off of me."
Daehyun reached into his pocket for the keys and felt nothing. He checked his other pocket and the key wasn't there, only his pen and notepad.
"Can you hurry it up?," Yi Jae impatiently asked.
She was supposed to meet Chanyeol at the community centre but was sidetracked because of the chase.

"Uhm.... We have to go down to the police station," Daehyun told her after searching all his pockets and still not finding the keys.
Yi Jae gave him a 'Are you serious?' look.
"I can't find the key but I have a spare in my desk drawer," he spoke.
"Fine, let's go," she sighed.
They both walked to the police station that was not far from where they were.
__________________________________________________________________

Stepping inside the police station, Yi Jae heard crying and arguing. A lady was crying her eyes out because her child went missing and two men were having an argument. 

This was the first time Yi Jae ever step foot in a police station and she hated it. The place was dirty and untidy. Papers and folders were scattered everywhere and the ground was covered with bottles, cans, wrappers and so on.

 

Daehyun brought her over to his work area and looked for the spare key in his drawer. From what Yi Jae saw, she thought that the cleanest part of the police station was his desk. It was neat and tidy.

When he found the spare key, he unlocked the handcuff. Yi Jae was finally free and can now go to meet Chanyeol.
"Again, I'm sorry," Daehyun apologized to her.
"It's fine now, bye," Yi Jae quickly replied and made her way to the exit.

 

As Yi Jae walked past the garbage bin on the way to the exit, she had to stop and pick up the garbage surrounding it. She couldn't stand seeing it on the floor and not doing anything about it.
"People are so lazy. Why can't they throw it in the garbage bin?," she started to mutter to herself while picking up the bottles.
"I'm sure it's not that hard to throw your trash in the bin. If they continue to litter, everywhere will get dirty and disgusting," Yi Jae continued to speak to herself but didn't realize that she was speaking loud and clearly that people nearby can hear.

After picking up a few more wrappers and soda cans, the floor was clean.
"All done," she stood up straight and dusted her hands.

Daehyun continued to watch her. He was watching her pick up the garbage for the past few minutes since he overheard her complaining. This brought him back memories from his younger days.

"Yay! It's all done," the little girl happily yelled. "Now the place is all clean, just how I like it," she continued.

"Now the place is all clean, just how I like it," Yi Jae smiled then headed through the door.
Daehyun's eyes doubled in size when he heard what she said. He quickly went after Yi Jae and stopped her.

 

"What are you doing?!," Yi Jae asked, annoyed because all Daehyun did was stare at her after he stopped her by grabbing her shoulders.
He didn't answer her and continued staring into her eyes. Yi Jae tried to push him away from her but he wouldn't even budge.

"Hyung!," someone called, making Daehyun lose focus and look away from her.
Yi Jae, seeing that it was a good time, pushed him away and gave him a glare before she ran out of the police station.

"The chief wants to see you," his junior informed him.
"Yeah," Daehyun answered and went to the chief's office.

"Those eyes ..... They're so familiar," he thought to himself.