THREE

My Silent Oppa

Already dressed in her wedding gown that she randomly chose, Yi Jae paced up and down in the room. Today was the day that she got married to that big casanova, Jong In. Everything was set , the wedding ceremony was going to commence soon and she will be called.
"Miss, stop pacing up and down like that. You'll mess up your makeup," her stylist remarked.

Yi Jae ignored her stylist and continued pacing up and down, she couldn't care less on how she looked now.
"Where the hell are you, unnie?," Yi Jae kept on muttering to herself.

 

With every second that passed while she waited on her cousin, she felt like to throw up. Yi Jae started to worry more and more when she thought about her escape plan failing.

At that moment, she heard the door opening. Her head quickly spun around to face the door.

Yi Jae let out a sigh of relief when she saw her cousin.
"Sorry that I'm late, Yi Jae," Ara apologized as she set down some things on the table.
"It's okay, as long as you came," Yi Jae told her. "Can you give us some privacy?," she directed at her stylist.

The stylist bowed and quickly left the room. As soon as her stylist closed the door, Ara went and locked it.

Yi Jae quickly ripped off the veil that was fixed on her head and threw it on the couch.
"Do you have my things?," Yi Jae asked.
"Yes, they're all in this bag," Ara replied as she held up a black backpack.

 

After a few minutes, Yi Jae was out of her wedding dress and in jeans with a black jacket over her. She quickly removed her makeup and placed her hair into a ponytail. 

Her cousin was now wearing the wedding dress and getting ready to walk down the aisle and fool everyone while she makes her escape.
"Thanks for everything unnie," Yi Jae hugged Ara.
"Anything for you Yi Jae. Remember to wait for Chanyeol at the community centre's main gate," Ara told her.
"Mhm. Bye unnie," Yi Jae nodded her head.

Yi Jae then fixed her bag on her back and put on a big pair of black frame glasses. Before she left the room, she pulled down her hat more so that it can hide a part of her face.

 

When she stepped outside the bride's waiting room, as expected she saw two guards dressed in suits standing at each side of the door. Luckily, Yi Jae was wearing the clothes her cousin had on when she went inside or it would have been suspicious to the guards. 

She quickly made her way down the hall without looking suspicious and took the stairs instead of the elevator.

 

In the midst of descending the stairs, Yi Jae heard the wedding march playing. Ara quickly pulled the veil over her face and stood up from the couch. The guards came in and escorted her to the wedding hall without noticing that she wasn't Yi Jae. 

As she reached the hall, the double doors opened and in front of her was the aisle she had to walk down.

Yi Jae's father, her uncle, happily walked over to her and she wrapped her hand around his arm. Thank God that she and Yi Jae were around the same height and had the same figure or else she would have been caught.

They both walked down the aisle, following after the little flower girl.

 

When Yi Jae reached the lobby, she spotted the main door and made her way out of the building. The lobby was kind of empty as her parents reserved the whole building for the wedding.

As she stepped outside, her heart stopped.
"Yi Jae?," she heard a male, who sounded like Chanmin, call her.

Yi Jae stood still and didn't turn her head. She tried to take a glimpse of the person from the corner of her eyes but couldn't as the frame of her glasses were blocking her view.
"Yi Jae?," she heard again, a little louder.

It was indeed her older brother, Chanmin. She was in a lot of trouble now. Yi Jae did the first thing that came to mind and that was to make a run for it.
"Yi Jae!," she heard her brother shout.

She continued running as her life depended on it. She ran down to the end of the street where she stopped to catch her breath.

Yi Jae turned to the direction she came from and saw that her brother wasn't there. She finally felt relieved but it didn't last long as she saw guards running towards her.

Yi Jae took a deep breath in and prepared herself for another tiring run.
"There she is!," she heard one of the guards shout clearly.

She turned around and saw them running full speed towards her. Her tired legs went to work again and carried her as far as they could.

Yi Jae felt like she was going to faint from all the running but she tried her best to suppress the feeling.
"Catch her! Don't let her go!," one of them shouted on top of his voice to his fellow colleagues.

Yi Jae heard him and picked up her speed, if that was ever possible judging from the speed she was running now. Instead of concentrating on where she was running to, she always turned around to check if they were still chasing her. She told herself not to stop even if her legs were to break off as she will be in trouble for ruining the wedding and she will still have to get married.

 

Yi Jae kept on running and running. She didn't know if it was a good thing that the streets were crowded or not because it was harder to run with her bouncing into people all the time but on the other hand, the crowd made it harder for the guards to spot her.

She kept running until she hit up into something ....... Or more like into someone. 

They both fell flat on the ground. Her hat and glasses flew off and laid on the ground.  Yi Jae quickly propped herself up and off of the person. She felt a burning pain on her right hand and examined it. Her right palm got scraped when she fell down.
"You have to watch where you're going," the person told her as he sat up.
"She's right there, catch her!," they both heard clearly.

Yi Jae quickly sprang to her feet, ready to run again but she was stopped when the person tightly held her wrist.

She tried to yank her wrist out of the person's hand but couldn't. Not wanting yo get caught, Yi Jae gave the person a good kick in his leg which caused him to let go of her.
"Sorry," she quickly apologized to him before she ran away.

 

Jung Daehyun being a homicide detective and having worked as a police officer before, became curious and ran after the girl who was wanted by the group of guards.
"Is she a criminal? Was she running away from the crime scene?," he thought to himself.

Seeing that she was a fast runner, he picked up his speed. When he saw her run across the road and turn into a next street, he smirked to himself. He knew that side of the street inside-out as he had investigated over there before for a murder case.

Daehyun stopped running and turned back to the other direction. He knew a shortcut that he can take to cut her off.

 

Yi Jae finally came to a stop, she was exhausted from all the running she did for the day. She scanned the direction she came from for the guards and saw none of them.

A sigh of relief escaped her lips and then she smiled to herself. She could now go and meet Chanyeol at the community centre.

"Gotcha!," Daehyun exclaimed.
The frightened Yi Jae spun around and saw the same person she ran into earlier. Daehyun grabbed one of her hands and cuffed her, "You're under arrest."