FIVE

My Silent Oppa

"I'm sorry Yi Jae, I promise I will get you your passport by the end of the day. Mom hid it very well," Chanyeol spoke into the phone.
"Okay but hurry. How's Ara unnie?," Yi Jae asked her brother.
"She got scolded by mom and aunt but she's okay now," he replied.
"I have to hang up now, mom's coming, bye," Chanyeol spoke.
"Okay, bye," Yi Jae answered but he had ended the phone call already.

Yi Jae sighed and flopped down on the big hotel bed.
"Great, another day of waiting," she thought.

She lazily sat up on the bed and leaned against the bed frame. Yi Jae had nothing to do but just sit around and wait for her brother to steal back her passport for her so that she can go back to America.

Waiting was one thing Yi Jae hated the most, it was boring to her. To kill time, she flipped through the magazines that were provided by the hotel. As she flipped through the magazine, she saw pictures of white flowers.

Her attention quickly rested on her bag which was on the couch. She dashed over to the couch and emptied out the contents in her bag.

Yi Jae was relieved when she saw her blue jewelry box fall out on the couch. She picked up the jewelry box and lifted off the cover. Seeing her most prized possession there, she smiled. Memories of her childhood started to play in her head as she stared at it.

 

Suddenly, there was a knock on her door. Yi Jae quickly covered back the jewelry box and rested it on the coffee table. She slowly headed towards the door.
"Who could it be?," she thought to herself.

Yi Jae wasn't expecting anyone and she didn't ordered any room service so who could it be? She quietly looked through the peephole in the door. Her heart stopped when she saw who was on the other side of the door.

She quickly locked the door and ran over to the couch and began dumping her things back into her bag. She heard them knock again and began to panick even more.
"How am I going get away now? I'm all surrounded," she asked herself.

She paced up and down the hotel room trying to come up with a plan to escapes another knock was heard.
"We know that you're in there, Miss Park Yi Jae. Please open up the door or we will," she heard loud and clearly.

Yi Jae began to chew on her bottom lip as she still had no idea on how to get out of the situation. The door knob started to shake and she could hear keys jingling.

"Balcony!," she exclaimed in her head when she saw the curtains blowing in due to the breeze.
Yi Jae ran outside to the balcony and closed the glass door behind her. She looked around the balcony and there was nowhere to hide as it was kind of small. Suddenly, an idea came to her.

She slipped off her bag and flung it over to the neighbor's balcony. Yi Jae was planning to climb over to the neighbor's balcony yo hide from the guards her mother sent.

Yi Jae heard her hotel room door slam open and quickly climbed over the railing. She was now on the ledge that connected both the balconies together. The ledge was thin and at least four feet in length.

Yi Jae slowly slid her feet along the ledge as she dug her fingernails into the concrete walls. She already made it half way across but froze when she looked down. She was frightened at how high up she was, everything looked small.

 

All the cars driving on the road scared her even more. She began to have thoughts of her falling down the tall building and plunging into her death until she was awoken by the voice of a guard.
"Check the balcony," she heard one of the guards say.

Yi Jae hurriedly made her way across the ledge and jumped down onto the neighbor's balcony. When she saw the guard opening the door to her balcony, she quickly slipped inside the neighbor's hotel room with her bag. Luckily the door was unlocked or else she would have been caught.

 

As Yi Jae closed the door to the balcony, she heard something behind her drop. She immediately turned around to see a lady in her mid thirties.
"W-who are you?," the paled face lady asked.
"I'm sorry for barging into your room but please help me," Yi Jae apologized then pointed outside to the balcony.
"I just need to use your door, that's all," Yi Jae told her.

The lady pointed to the direction of the door and stuttered," It's over there."
"Thank you," Yi Jae bowed respectfully then flung her bag over her back and headed towards the door.

Yi Jae opened the door and stepped out into the hallway. She saw one of the guards standing at her room door and quickly turned to retreat back into the neighbor's room but the door was slammed shut in her face. 

The guard standing at the door recognized that it was Yi Jae.
"Stop right there Miss Park!," he ordered and went to get her.

Yi Jae saw the guard walking towards her and slowly backed away from the door. She did the only reasonable thing she could think of and that was to run for her life. The guard quickly chased her down the hall and whipped out his phone to call his colleagues for help.

Not knowing where to go, Yi Jae just ran straight and turned corners when she had to as long as she didn't run into any of the guards.

 

As Daehyun walked down the hall, he smiled to himself. He was content because he finally got some answers for a murder case he's been working on. Now that he got some answers for the case, he can head back to the station and piece together the information he had and wrap up the case.

As he reached the elevator, he saw a girl waiting there too. She impatiently pushed the elevator button a few times when the elevator hadn't arrived yet.

While waiting for the elevator, she would look from side to side frequently.
"You look that way and I'll look this way," they both heard.

Yi Jae turned her head to the end of the hall where the voice came from and heard footsteps. It was getting louder and louder as the second passed. She pushed the the elevator button a few times again but it still didn't reach.
"Aish!," she cried frustratedly and ran the opposite direction.

As she ran, her hair flew out of her face and Daehyun noticed that it was the same girl who he met the other day. He quickly ran after her when he saw the same guard from the other day, coming from the other end of the hall.

 

Daehyun caught up to her and grabbed her arm.
"Let go! I'm not going back," Yi Jae screamed and tried to pry his hands off of her.
"It's me," Daehyun spoke and stepped in front of her.
Yi Jae was relieved when she saw that it was just that police officer who arrested her a day ago.
"Let's go, they're coming," Daehyun told her and grabbed her hand and ran.

Soon, Daehyun pulled Yi Jae inside a dark room and locked the door. After a few seconds, he found the light switch and flicked in the lights. They saw that they were in a janitor's closet as there was a bunch of cleaning supplies.

Yi Jae was panting heavily as she tried to catch her breath while Daehyun, on the other hand was pressing his ear against the door, trying to listen for the guards.
"Shh....... I think they're close," he turned to Yi Jae and whispered.

Yi Jae nodded her head. She quickly fixed her long hair into a ponytail and dried the sweat on her forehead.
"Whose wedding did you destroy for them to be running you down like this?," Daehyun asked, still pressing his ear against the door.

"It's actually my wedding, I'm a runaway bride," she confessed which made him turn to face her.
"Wow, you're parents are strict," he commented.
"Yeah. They even confiscated my passport so I can't go back to America," she responded.
"America?," he asked.
"Yeah, I'm studying there," Yi Jae replied.

"This will be my last time seeing you, oppa. I'm going to America tomorrow. I'm going to miss you."

Daehyun took steps towards Yi Jae as he kept on staring into her eyes. He was dangerously close to her now and made her uncomfortable. Yi Jae took a step back but he held both her shoulders and pulled her closer to him.
"What are- ," Yi Jae started but was cut off by him.
"You. Your eyes ..... They're familiar," Daehyun spoke as he stared into her eyes. 

His eyes then slowly traced down her nose then to her lips. Yi Jae quickly pushed him away with her hands.
"I have someone I like already so stop trying to get close to me," she angrily told him then pushed past him and stepped out of the janitor's closet.

"Aish! Daehyun. It's not her," he told himself then exited the janitor's closet.