SIX

My Silent Oppa

When Daehyun exited the janitor's closet, he saw Yi Jae already at the end of the hall. He quickly caught up to her and grabbed her wrist. Yi Jae turned around and gave him deadly glare.
"I just want to say sorry," he told her. " I don't know what's gotten into me earlier," he spoke.
"Fine, I'll be leaving now," she replied and then walked off.

"Ugh! Those stupid guards. How did they find out where I was?," Yi Jae spoke to herself.
"By chance, did you use a credit card?," a familiar voice from behind asked.
Yi Jae stopped walking and turned around to find Daehyun there.

"Why are you following me?," she asked.
"Just answer my question, did you?," he replied.
"Yes I did, to pay for my hotel room," Yi Jae answered.
"There you have it. Every time you use your credit card, they'll know where you went," Daehyun spoke.
"Oh..... then how am I going to pay for my plane ticket?," she spoke out loudly.
"Just use cash," he told her.
"That's just it, I don't have cash," Yi Jae answered. "Can you give me a ride?," she suddenly asked.
"Sure, where to?," he replied.
"Dreamer's Bridal Shop," Yi Jae told him.
They both made their way down to the lobby so that Yi Jae could check out of her room and then headed to the hotel's parking lot.
__________________________________________________________________

Yi Jae got into Daehyun's car and buckled her seatbelt. She went into her bag for her phone so that she can call Chanyeol to tell him to meet her at Ara's bridal shop. 

Once she got her phone out, she punched in Chanyeol's  number.
"Yi Jae. I'm kind of busy now so I'll call you back later," Chanyeol whispered into his phone.
"Wait Chanyeol. Mom sent guards after me at the hotel but I'm okay now so meet me at unnie's work place 
, okay?," Yi Jae quickly spoke.
"Okay. I'm kind of busy breaking into mom's dresser so I'll call you later," Chanyeol softly spoke.
"Okay, bye," Yi Jae spoke then ended the phone call.

Yi Jae then went into her bag to check if she had everything before they finally drive out. She had everything so far except for her most prized possession.
"Stop!," she cried, startling Daehyun.
He stepped on the brakes abruptly.
"What? What's wrong?," he asked worriedly.
"I left something back in the hotel room," she told him. " I'll be back quickly so wait here for me," she spoke then got out of the car.

Yi Jae hurriedly made her way up to her hotel room after explaining everything and getting the room key. She opened the door and went over to the coffee table where she had left it. She had forgotten that it was on the table when she was shoving everything that was on the couch into her bag.

Her mind was now at ease when she saw the small box still laying there untouched. She took it up and opened up the box. Yi Jae smiled as she gazed at her most prized possession; the hair pin that she got from her silent oppa.

She took out the pin from the box and held it in her hand. The hair pin was white and had a white beaded flower on it.

Every time she looked at the hair pin, it would bring her back memories of her days at the playground where she met him.

 

After Yi Jae told Daehyun to wait for her in the parking lot, he quickly parked his car away and went after her. He was afraid that she might run into the guards again. 

Since Daehyun over heard her room number when she was checking out, there was no need for him to ask the receptionist. He quickly found his way up to her hotel room.

Seeing that the door was left wide open, Daehyun stepped inside the room. On entering the hotel room, he saw Yi Jae standing by the couch.
"Yi Jae," he called her.
"Yeah," she turned to face him.

Daehyun's eyes widened when he saw what she was holding in her hands. He thought he would have never see it again.... or her.

In her hand was his deceased mother's hair pin which he bought for her birthday. Daehyun walked over to her and held the hair pin in his hand.
"It's pretty, huh?," Yi Jae spoke.

Daehyun studied the hair pin carefully then looked at Yi Jae.
"Park Yi Jae?," he spoke.
"How did you know my name? I've never told you it before," Yi Jae asked curiously, a bit surprised.

The young girl quickly ran to pick up the ball that hit into the wheelchair. " I'm sorry," she apologized to the boy who was seated in the wheelchair. He kept staring blankly into space like he always did. The young girl was curious as to why he was like that every time he came to the playground. "Hi, my name is Yi Jae, Park Yi Jae. What's yours?," she introduced herself, hoping to become friends with him.

"Yi Jae, it's me," Daehyun spoke.
"Huh?," she responded, confused.
" 'Oppa, why don't you talk? It's no fun talking by myself'' ," he told her.
Yi Jae's eyes went round when she heard what he said. Those were the same exact words she asked her silent oppa.
"Silent oppa?"

A big smile appeared on Daehyun's face, " I've finally found you."
Yi Jae suddenly pulled him into a hug,"It's really you. I thought I wouldn't see you again."
She then let go of him when she realized something about him.
"You can speak now?," she asked, confused because she had always thought that he was mute.
"Yeah," he smiled.
"Finally. My wishes finally came true," she said out loud then embraced him again.

The little Yi Jae used everyone of her birthday wishes and wished that her silent oppa could speak. She wanted to know what he had on his mind when he always stared blankly at the sky.

"I've missed you," they both said at the same time.