ONE

My Silent Oppa

Heading towards the bathroom to wash her hands after lunch, Yi Jae was stopped by one of her classmates.
"Jade, someone's looking for you. I think he's in your dorm," her classmate told her.
Jade was her English name that she used since she was studying abroad.
"Who?," Yi Jae asked as she never had visitors before.
"I'm not sure of his name. He has brown styled hair and big eyes. Oh and cute ears," her classmate answered.
"Chanyeol?," Yi Jae spoke.
"What?," her confused classmate asked, not knowing what language she spoke in.
"Oh, never mind. Thanks," Yi Jae told her then headed to her dorm immediately to see who her visitor was.

 

When Yi Jae reached her dorm, she turned the knob and opened the door. Her face lit up when she saw who her visitor was.
"Chanyeol!," she happily screamed and ran towards him, slamming the door shut on the way.

Chanyeol was greeted with a big hug from his sister who he haven't seen for a year.
"What are you doing here?," Yi Jae asked her brother when she released him from the hug.
"What? You don't want to see me?," he joked.
"No, it's just that you showed up all of a sudden during the middle of the school day," Yi Jae spoke.
"Okay, the reason I came was to take you back to Korea with me," he announced with a smile on his face.
"What?," Yi Jae's face fell.
"What's wrong? Didn't you always wanted to go back?," her brother asked when he saw her expression.
"It's just that- .... I just started college, I'm not even done with the first semester yet," Yi Jae replied.
"I'm sorry Yi Jae but mom and dad said I must bring you back because there's a family emergency," Chanyeol explained.
"Family emergency? What's wrong at home?," Yi Jae worriedly asked upon hearing it.
"I don't know. They said that they're going to discuss it when the whole family is together," he answered.
"Okay, I'll start packing now. Help me get my suitcase, it's on top of the closet," Yi Jae told her brother and started emptying out her drawer.

She took out a small blue jewelry box and carefully placed it inside her bag.

 

After an hour of packing, they headed to the airport quickly. When they arrived, they were just in time to catch a flight to Korea.

Once they boarded the aircraft, the sun began to set. Yi Jae leaned back in her seat and thought about what was going to happen when she hoes back to her hometown. 

She really missed her family a lot and became extremely worried when she heard that there was a family emergency.
"Don't worry, Yi Jae," Chanyeol told her to put her mind at ease. " if it was really bad, mom and dad would have told us already," he continued.
"You're right, let's just hope it's not bad," Yi Jae stated.

The aircraft soon started to take off once all the passengers and baggages were on.

__________________________________________________________________

After the awfully long plane ride, they have finally reached the airport in Incheon. They quickly departed the aircraft and headed to the Immigration office.

Once their passports were checked, they made their way to baggage claim. Yi Jae quickly identified her suitcases and Chanyeol helped her take them off the conveyor belt.

When she got all her stuff, they both headed out.
"Chanmin hyung said he got us a driver so look out for our names," Chanyeol told Yi Jae as he pushed the trolley with suitcases.
"That's nice of him yo do that," she spoke then looked around for someone holding up a sign with their names on it.

"Oh, there he is," Chanyeol spotted the driver and pushed the trolley towards him with Yi Jae following behind.
"Hello?," Chanyeol spoke as the man was still looking at the arrival door.
"Oh, hello. Are you Park Chanyeol and Park Yi Jae?," he asked.
"Yes," Chanyeol answered.
"My name is Han Seulgi and I will be providing you with transportation to Seoul," the man introduced himself then took the trolley from Chanyeol.
They both followed the man to the car.

 

The slam of the car's door woke both Chanyeol and Yi Jae up. They had fallen asleep during the car ride from the airport since they were tired as they got no sleep on the plane.
"Are we home yet?," Yi Jae mumbled, eyes still closed.

Chanyeol stretched his arms and blinked a few times before he vision cleared up.
"Yi Jae, wake up. We've reached," he announced when he saw the front of his house through the car window.

Yi Jae's eyes shot wide open when she heard that they have reached. She quickly got out of the car and saw the big house she grew up in.

Yi Jae ran inside, passing the maid who was holding the door for the butlers to carry in the suitcases and Chanyeol was left outside paying for the transportation service.

 

Yi Jae remembered every part of the house. She first ran inside the kitchen to look for her mom but she only found maids in there.
"Mom!," she called out loudly on top of her voice.
"Madam Park is currently in the living room," a maid went up to her and informed.
"Okay, thank you," Yi Jae replied then headed towards the living room.

As she stepped through the door of the living room, she saw her mom and stepdad sitting on the couch.
"Mom," she called happily and walked over to them.
"Yi Jae," her mom called as she walked over to her daughter, whom she haven't saw for a long time, with open arms.

Yi Jae quickly embraced her mom tightly.
"Look at you, you've grown so much," her mom commented as she held her daughter's shoulders, turning her side to side to get a better look.
"Honey, stop it. You're going to make her dizzy," she heard her stepdad say.

When her mom finally stopped analyzing her, she walked over to where her stepdad was sitting and gave him a hug.
"I've missed you so much dad," she told him then stood up straight.
"Wow, look at you. You've grown up and gotten pretty like your mother," he spoke.

Chanyeol then entered the living room and handed Yi Jae her back pack she left in the car.
"Thanks," she told him and took her bag.
"Dad, what's the big family emergency?," Yi Jae asked when she remembered why she came back.

He didn't answer her instead, he gave his wife a nervous look.
"Mom, what's wrong?," Yi Jae asked, worried more than ever.
"Yi Jae ah, don't be upset and hear us out, okay?," her mother spoke with a smooth voice.

Yi Jae nodded her head.
"The reason why you came back to Korea is because ...... It's because you're getting married," her mother told her.
"What?! I'm getting what?," she exclaimed upon hearing that she was getting married.

Chanyeol stood there with eyes widened in shock.
"Darling, you promised you wouldn't get upset and you would hear us out," her mother spoke.
"How can I not be upset after hearing the reason why I came back to Korea was because I'm getting married," Yi Jae spoke as she held her head and paced up and down the living room.
"What am I doing here? I need to go back," she stopped in her track and announced.
"Yi Jae, please. Your father's company needs help so that it can be successful in Canada," her mother begged.
"Mom, I'm just in the first year of college and you want me to get married. Why can't Chanmin get married? He's the oldest among the three of us," Yi Jae asked.
"It's because Kim Corporation doesn't have any daughters, they only have a son  whose around your age," her mother answered.
"I don't care, I'm not getting married and especially to someone I don't know," she firmly stated and was going to walk out.
"Please Yi Jae," she heard her father plead and stopped dead in her tracks. " our company needs the help of Kim Corporation."

She turned around and looked at her father, "I'm sorry, dad."

Yi Jae then ran out of the living room with Chanyeol chasing her. When she stepped through the main entrance of the house, she met two men in black suits different from the ones the butlers wore.

The two men grabbed her arms and picked her off the ground then brought her back inside the house.
"Put me down! Let go of me!," she screamed and kicked her legs.

When she saw her parents, she was released.
"The wedding is on Sunday, be prepared Yi Jae," her mother sternly spoke. "Don't try running away," she warned.
"Take her passport," her mother ordered one of the men.

He then took her bag from her and searched for her passport. When he found it, he handed it over to Mrs. Park.

"How could you do this to me, mom," Yi Jae spoke on the verge of crying.
"Bring her up to her room," Mrs. Park ordered the two men.

When they were about to grab her arms to carry her upstairs, Chanyeol stepped in.
"I'll bring her myself," Chanyeol told them.

 

Chanyeol put his arm over Yi Jae's shoulders and pulled her away from where she was standing. She and their mother was having an intense staring contest that could turn into a big argument any second.
"Let's go Yi Jae," Chanyeol spoke.

Yi Jae turned and face forward as she ascended the stairs. She used her free hand to wipe the tears that streamed down her face.
"Chanyeol, what am I going to do? Sunday is in three days," she cried softly that only he could hear.