Chapter 5

Mission to Kill

The night was chilly and the rain fell from the sky. The full moon made the atmosphere very eerie and glum but two certain people didn't seem to mind the current mood.

Laughing could be heard all the way down the street. A seemingly happy couple under a shop awning, one holding a bundle of pink cotton candy, the other of blue cotton candy. Both of them held grins and their hair was plastered to their face. 

The blonde looked up at the full moon, still grinning. The rain, which had come out of nowhere and force them to flee for cover, was seemingly lessening as they both sat there. 

"I still can't believe you know most of the employees. They were really nice to let us ride for free." The brunette said, following the blonde's gaze to the moon. 

"Too bad the rain stopped our fun, though. I still had some rides to show you." The blonde responded. The brunette smiled. 

She remembered the thrill of riding the bumper cars, the friendly tension between who would win at the game where you fill the balloon with a water gun. The nervousness of riding the ferris wheel. The feeling of Amber moving closer to her as another couple climbed aboard. The awkwardness as the couple held hands. 

Krystal so desperately wanted Amber to hold her hand. And from the smile on the couple's face, they could tell. 

Suddenly, she saw a flash of pink in front of her eyes. She followed it and found herself looking at Amber's mouth. 

"Why did you eat my cotton candy?" She questioned. Amber smiled and swallowed, the fluffy goodness now in Amber's stomach. 

"You weren't eating it so I thought you didn't want it." Amber said. 

"You could have asked." 

"It would be a waste of energy." 

At that, Krystal reached for Amber's blue cotton candy. Amber easily dodged the attack and moved her cotton candy higher. She laughed silently. Krystal narrowed her eyes. She pouted and huffed. 

After a while, still not over the fact that some of her cotton candy was missing, she slightly jumped on Amber but the blonde just moved the cotton farther away. She was laughing fully now. 

Krystal was reaching for it when she heard a yell.

"Oi! Get a room!" 

Krystal looked down at a smirking Amber and realized their position. She quickly scrambled off and sat straight, blushing madly.

A piece of blue cotton candy slowly moved towards her face. She looked at Amber to find her smiling genuinely. 

"Asking is a waste of energy, but it gives us a reason to talk." She said. Krystal ignored the cotton candy and looked at the sky.

"Sometimes talking helps." Amber continued. Krystal frowned.

"What does that mean?" She asked. She looked at Amber.

The blonde had put her hand down and was staring at he moon again. She saw something close to sadness in her eyes. 

Then, as if a switch had been , Amber smiled and looked at Krystal.

"The rain stopped. Let me show you something." She said. She stood up and held her hand out for Krystal. The cotton candy was still in her hand. Krystal grabbed it, ate it, and held onto Amber's hand.

Then, they ran again into the night, hand in hand, not caring much about their surroundings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Wow..." Krystal gaped.

"I know." Amber agreed. They were both looking at a sea of small lights. Randomly spread, it seemed. The lights easily mirrored the night sky. 

In short, it was mesmerizing.

"No wonder people write poems about the might sky." Krystal mused. 

Amber smiled.

"Yeah." Was all she could say. 

They were both sitting on the edge of the apartment building roof. Krystal didn't mind heights much and she guessed Amber didn't either. 

'A secret agent can't have fears as simple as heights,' Krystal told herself.

The word spy made her glance at Amber. What happened earlier at the alleyway was something not even the best of the Elites could do, so far. Again, she wondered what type of person she was dealing with. 

Did Amber already know that Krystal was a spy? Did she have some kind of escape plan? 

These questions began bouncing around in here head. 

She tensed as she thought of another possibility. 

Did Amber plan on killing Krystal before Krystal could kill her? 

The thought made her shiver.

Amber noticed, and thought it was because of the chilly air. Ironically, she had a hoodie on. She swiftly removed it and put it on Krystal.

Krystal, surprised by the sudden action, blushed. The hoodie was still warm and smelled like Amber. Krystal pulled her legs closer to her and hugged them. The hoodie was big on her so it draped over her legs.

"Can I tell you something...strange?" Amber asked, still staring at the beautiful city.

"Mmm." Krystal murmured. She had tucked some of her head into the hoodie.

"I feel like...like I've known you for a long time. Like we've been friends since forever." Amber said lowly.

Krystal blushed and sent her head deeper into the warmth of the hoodie.

Amber smiled lightly.

"Yeah, it's...weird. I know." She agreed. Her face then took on a darker look. "But I know I've never met you. My past is..." 

Krystal looked at Amber through her peripheral vision. The blonde was wearing a face that didn't match her. It looked worn out and sad.

Krystal muttered something but the hoodie wouldn't let her say much. Amber chuckled and reached over to lower the hoodie. Krystal's face came into view and she blushed more. It was dark, but she felt as if Amber could see the red tint on her face.

"W-What was your past a-about?" Krystal asked.

Amber's smile faded and she looked down. For a second, Krystal thought the blonde would jump but Amber only sighed.

"It...it's a long story...and it's late." She sighed. "Maybe sometime in the future...I could tell you the whole story." 

Krystal frowned. She knew there was no future for the blonde.

"Just tell me now. I have time." She said. 

"But I don't. I...I actually have work tomorrow." Amber said, chuckling a bit.

They laughed about that, but only for a second. 

"Tell me." Krystal begged. "Or at least sum it up. I'm not very patient so waiting until tomorrow wont work for me."

Amber smiled at that. She stretched, sighed, sat up straight. 

"I'd rather tell you tomorrow. It's late." Amber said. She attempted to get up but Krystal sent her hand to hold her down. Krystal looked right into Amber's brown eyes, activating her cold princess mode.

"Tell me." 

Amber shivered out of fear. 

This girl was something else. Not many things or people scared her but this girl in front of her...

She sighed again and shook Krystal's hand off of her arm. 

"If I could sum it all up..." Amber said. 

Krystal waited. She hoped a bit. Just a little bit, that she had the wrong Amber. The person in the video and picture she had seen back at the agency was her target. Not this girl in front of her. Just not this girl...

"I used to be a secret agent."

Damn it. Damn it all.

(Hello...Whatever excuse I give you guys for updating will not cover anything so let me just apologize. Life and Time love to run me over by bulldozer and laugh. 

Just wanted to say thanx for all the reads and comments :D Keep doing your stuff. I love it. It makes my day when i see that you guys are reading the words I slap on a page. 

Also, cherish all your loved ones. If you know someone close to you that lives far away, write them a letter telling them how much you love them, how much you cherish them, what you love about them, et cetera. Why? Life slapped me today.

A friend of mine died today.

Not going to go into details. I'm still going through a stage of denial. 

Just wanted to remind you guys that you should not take a human life for advantage. Just because you love someone doesn't mean they'll be there for the rest of your life. I know. It .

If you like someone at school or at work, don't wait until a meteor hits Earth and the world is ends. Acknowledge them of your feelings. It might make their day and, heck, maybe they'll like you too. 

If you have a loved one you don't talk to much, try to. Text them, email them, but it's honestly better to mail them a letter, written by you. It's easier to cherish it an they'll like it better.

If you know someone close to you lost someone, here's a quote from this chapter: 
"Asking is a waste of energy, but it gives us a reason to talk. Sometimes talking helps."

Talk to them. It helps.  

Dammit Amber you wise y beast.

 

Peace