Chapter 12

Mission to Kill

"S-Suzy?..." Amber stuttered. She stood there, staring at the cute brunette who stared back with the same intensity.

"Long time no see, huh?" Suzy asked. Amber froze. Her heart began to beat fast and she didn't notice that she was hugging the brunette until a certain ice princess spoke.

"Amber?" Krystal called. She walked over to see the blonde embracing the new girl and felt a pang in her heart.

Amber pulled away, embarassed. She grabbed Suzy's hand and pulled her into the apartment. She closed the door with her foot, her other hand still holding the bloody rag. 

She let go of the brunette's hand after glancing at a fuming Krystal.

"Suzy, what are you doing here? They could kill you if they found out." Amber said, twisting the rag nervously. 

"I...I had to come and see you." Suzy muttered. Amber glanced at Taylor who was watching worriedly. Amber looked back at Suzy.

"You still have no reason to be here." She said in Korean. 

"Yes, I do. I'm the reason they're chasing you like this. I can't just stand back and-" Suzy tried to explain but Krystal cut her off.

"Wait. What do you mean you're the reason?" She looked at Amber who was looking at the ground, still fumbling with the rag.

"Why are you guys talking in Korean?" Taylor asked. Everyone ignored him.

"Amber, what does she mean?" Krystal asked. Amber gazed at Krystal, sorrow in her eyes.

"Krystal-" 

There was a knock on the door followed by a name.

"Open up. It's Soohyun." 

Amber shivered but Suzy rushed to the door. 

"Join the party, why don't you?" Taylor interjected as a tall, lean man walked inside.

Suzy glanced at Taylor, then at Soohyun.

"I told you not to come-" she began in Korean.

"Who is he?" Soohyun asked as he eyed Taylor down. Taylor glared back at him.

"Who are you?" He asked to Taylor, this time in English. 

"I think I should be the one asking that." Taylor said as he folded his arms.

Soohyun whipped out a gun in a flash and aimed it to Taylor's head.

Taylor didn't flinch. 

"Go ahead. Shoot. There's a police station not too far from here and several cops that live in this apartment." He said, unfazed.

Amber smiled and walked towards Soohyun. She put her hand on the gun and lowered it.

"That's Taylor for you." She said in English.

She faced Taylor, still smiling. 

"Go and put on a shirt, dork." She said. Taylor smiled genuinely and nodded then walked to his room.

"Such a ert." Said Soohyun. Krystal snorted.

"I agree." She added. Soohyun looked at her as if realizing her existence now.

"Miss Jung!" He exclaimed. Krystal frowned. 

"Drop the formalities, Soohyun. You're not a guard anymore." She said. She reached up and rubbed a piece of dried blood off of her temple.

"Let's skip all the formalities." Amber said. "You all need to get out of here. Now. You have no business here. Especially you, Suzy." 

"I agree." Soohyun said. His hard gaze turned soft as he looked at Suzy.

"Shall we leave, Miss Bae?"

Suzy frowned. "No. I'm not leaving until this is all sorted out."

"What sorted out?" Krystal asked.

"You don't need to know, Soojung." Amber said quickly. She looked at Suzy with a warning glare but the cute brunette ignored it.

"Yes she does." Suzy looked at Krystal. 

"I'm really the one who betrayed the agency." 

"What?" Both Soohyun and Krystal exclaimed. Amber sighed, sat down on the couch, and ran her hand through her hair.

"I went through some files to admit to the public." Suzy stated. 

"W-Why?" Soohyun choked.

Suzy glanced at Amber then looked back to the two spies.

"You know how back at the agency, family members are not allowed to visit except for certain holidays?" She continued.

The two spies nodded. 

"Suzy-" Amber interrupted but Suzy ignored her.

"Amber's parents came over one day. On her birthday. They wanted to surprise her but it wasn't on a holiday so..." Suzy stopped and glanced at Amber.

Her head was hung low and her blonde bangs covered her eyes. Her hands were fists that kept on clamping and unclamping. Krystal wished to be by her side to comfort her.

"We had been training for a special mission that day. The Elites were in the auditorium, receiving news about a trip to Russia. It was supposed to be kept a secret. No one else was supposed to hear about it, even the trainees but..." Suzy paused and looked down.

"Amber's parents entered the auditorium at that time. They were holding balloons and a big cake...as soon as they entered the auditorium, they yelled happy birthday..." Suzy wiped something from her eye.

"A bunch a guards came and swarmed them and dragged them away. A couple minutes later, we heard gunshots. Two to be exact. Amber cried so much that day and I felt useless."

Suzy sighed, but Amber remained motionless, still in the same position she had been in.

"In the middle of the night, I hacked onto the mainframe and posted some files and upcoming events the agency had planned, including the Russian mission we were supposed to do. Someone found our later and Amber ran away."

"Wait." Krystal said. She frowned, confused.

"Why did they blame Amber and not you?" She asked.

Suzy bit her lip and looked at her hands.

"Amber and I were the best hackers. I was trained in the field, unlike Amber. I was an Elite but also a part of the agency's executives, the ones who make decisions. They didn't think I would commit such a crime. I guess they also thought Amber would rebel against them since they murdered her parents." Suzy answered.

"But why didn't you tell them you did it? Why did you let Amber take the blame?" Krystal asked. She felt her blood boiling. She couldn't believe such a sweet looking girl could commit such a crime.

Suzy looked down.

"She...she wouldn't let me. I tried to tell them the truth, but she lied to them and took the blame. I couldn't stop th-"

"Yes you could have. You didn't do so because you made rash decisions and couldn't pay the price. Just like a weak spy." Krystal interrupted. Something flared in Suzy's eyes.

"I'm not weak." She said, her fist and jaw clenching. Krystal scoffed. 

"Yes you are. You let an innocent person be hated and wanted dead by one of the most powerful groups in the world. All because you can't take responsibility over your own actions." The ice princess continued. The temperature dropped in the room and Taylor, who had just entered, shivered.

"You're a coward."

Suzy lunged herself at Krystal but Krystal dodged it. She grabbed Suzy by her arm then slapped her. Hard. Suzy took Krystal's hand and twisted it, smiling when she heard a painful moan.

Soohyun and Amber were trying to tear them apart but the girls were strong. 

Krystal sent her knee up, just barely hitting Suzy in the stomach. Suzy moaned but took hold of Krystal's hair and pulled.

"Taylor!" Amber called out, trying so desperately to hold Krystal back but only managed to hurt her more because of Suzy's hold on her hair.

Taylor, who had been watching the whole thing, ran towards the girls and helped Soohyun and Amber.

The boys and Amber had managed to rip the angry girls apart. Taylor stood in the middle of them while Krystal was being held by Amber, and Suzy by Soohyun.

"Guys, this is getting us nowhere." Amber said. One arm was over Krystal's waist while the other, she had dropped the rag, was over her chest and held on to her shoulder. Krystal tried to calm herself and she hoped Amber couldn't feel her heart beating so much.

In all honesty, she was the most happiest in the room, besides Soohyun with Suzy so close to him.

Amber sighed which sent shivers down Krystal's back.

"All of you are here because of me." Amber stated. Taylor raised his hand.

"Except for me." He said. Amber smiled.

"Except for Taylor." She agreed. "You all need to leave this to me. I'll be alright, I promise. Just leave now before it's too late." 

As soon as Amber uttered the last word, there was the sound of multiple boots stomping on the floor. Amber let go of Krystal and hurried to the door. 

Her blood ran cold as she looked through the peephole.

Multiple men dressed in black clothing, who were also heavily muscled and armed, walked towards Taylor's apartment. The chief guard, Lee Soo Bom, Amber recognized, walked towards the door and looked through the peephole. Their eyes met and the chief smiled and backed away.

Amber walked backwards away from the door, horror plastered on her face. 

"Are they here? Already?" Krystal asked. Suzy had forced herself away from Soohyun when Amber walked to the door. She kept a safe distance from the ice princess but glared at her.

"Y-Yeah. The guard chief. Lee Soo Bom. He's here." Amber said.

"But how did they know we would be in this certain apartment?" Suzy asked. Amber looked searchingly at Krystal then shook her head. She did the same for Suzy and shook her head again. She finally looked at Soohyun. She looked at his hair.

No, he would have to have a hat...Soohyun is a newly found Elite, according to how he spoke to Krystal earlier. Meaning they haven't input his tracking device inside his body...not yet. She thought.

Amber's gaze traveled to Soohyun's shoes. She frowned. 

Aren't those guard shoes? He should be wearing black gripping shoes, not brown boots...

Amber cautiously walked towards Soohyun. She lifted his hand slowly. Soohyun frowned confused but frowned even more as he struggled to deflect Amber attacks. 

Amber, still holding his hand, pinched a point in his neck, making the arm she was holding go limp. She deflected his other hand and twisted the numb one.

Turning him around with the twisted arm, she wrapped one leg around his leg and pulled, forcing him down. She pulled his twisted arm up and he groaned in pain. There was a loud, alarming knock on the door but Amber ignored it. 

"Am! Stop! You're hurting him!" Suzy called out. Amber ignored her and held his arm up. She pulled up his foot and ripped his shoe off then threw his hand down.

The blonde turned the shoe upside down and looked at the sole. She frowned and picked up what looked to be a dirty piece of black gum.

She threw the shoe at Soohyun, who was now sitting and cradling his arm, softly. Suzy came to his side.

"What's wrong with you?" Suzy exclaimed. Amber looked at Soohyun.

"You should ask him that." She said and gave the piece of gum to Suzy. Suzy looked at it and realized it wasn't gum.

"It's a tracking device. Well hidden." Amber stated. Soohyun's eyes widened.

Another loud banging at the door.

"I didn't know it was there! I promise." Soohyun said fearfully. 

Amber put an index finger to her lips, motioning for silence. Her eyes widened.

"Everybody out. Now!" She exclaimed. She ran to the door just as it burst open.

The chief guard walked towards Amber who was just barley three feet from the door.

He smiled to show sharp, yellowish teeth. 

"Yiyun. Long time no see, huh?" He stated. In a milisecond, they were throwing punches and kicks. Their style of fighting was very evident to those that watched. 

While the chief guard's punches and kicks were slow, but very forceful, Amber's were quick, but light. Amber easily noticed this and threw a hard punch to the chief's jaw. 

This surprised the chief, who had also noticed Amber's fighting style, but he regained quickly, sending a forceful but swift kick to Amber's shoulder. The blonde's shoulder caught the kick. She huffed a bit but used the momentum to spin around and return a roundhouse kick to the chief's face. 

At the very lat second, she added force and knocked the chief back. She quickly turned to her friends.

"Get out!" She yelled. Soohyun did not need to be convinced anymore. He stood up quickly and used his good arm to guide Suzy towards the emergency exit, leaving his shoe behind.

Taylor walked up to Krystal and grabbed her hand to lead towards the fire exit. Krystal opened to argue but Taylor lifted her up and ran towards the exit.

Meanwhile, Amber was giving, as well as obtaining, punches and kicks. When Soohyun had grabbed Suzy towards the exit, some of the guards behind the chief guard had tried to follow suit but Amber quickly knocked them out. 

The chief guard, now fully recovered, launched himself at Amber but the blonde sidestepped the attack and kneed his stomach. 

Not noticing that he had planned that, she expected him to fall down but was surprised by only a grunt of pain from him followed by his thick arms around her leg.

He dropped down and heard a satisfying crack as well as a sharp cry of pain from the blonde. He sat up, glancing at the mildly deformed leg, and sent a hard punch to the blonde's jaw. Some of the guards hurried past their battle and onto the fire exit. Amber saw this, though her vision was blurry, and groaned.

The chief, a bit surprised the blonde was not knocked out yet, pulled his fist for another punch. Amber, at the very last second, tilted her head, avoiding the punch and sent one of her own to his nose. She could tell it was recently broken and hastily put together. The chief gasped in pain and Amber nearly smiled in triumph. 

She shoved the brute off of her and tried to stand up. She nearly fell down but ignored the pain in her leg.

Have to...get to Soojung...I have to...She thought.

She gasped at a sharp pain in her leg. She looked down to see the chief guard holding onto it with his nose twisted and oozing a red fluid. 

She leaned on her good leg and used all her force to hit him in the exact same spot she did earlier. Blood spattered on her fist and the chief yelled furiously and held his nose.

Amber noticed that there were no more guards in the hallway. 

How many were there? Have they gotten to Soojung?

She hurried painfully to the fire exit and through the window. She began to climb, using her good leg as much as possible, ignoring the pain from the other. She finally reached the roof and her heart swelled with happiness as she saw what was in front of her.

Soohyun was fighting another guard, having a bit of an advantage because of his new training as an Elite. Suzy was fighting off two guys at once and winning. Taylor had just kicked a guard down. Krystal had a mass of fallen guards around her and Amber smiled. 

Only Soojung.

Krystal finished off another guard and stood, panting a little. Amber climbed the rest of the exit ladder and walked to the roof carefully. Krystal saw movement and readied herself but stood up in a normal stance as soon as she recognized the girl. She was about to run to her when she saw movement behind the blonde. Her eyes widened as she saw who it was and what they were holding.

"No!" She yelled. A sudden loud bang was heard and Amber frowned in pain and held her chest. She fell down in a heap and Krystal cried out again. 

Taylor screamed and ran towards the chief only to be shot in his thigh. He screamed at the pain, untrained, unlike the others, and fell to the ground. He gripped his thigh painfully.

Suzy had seen what happened and tears began to fall from her eyes. The guards she had fought lay on the ground in pain. She glanced at Soohyun who was looking at her with worried eyes. Poor Taylor had tears in his eyes and looked to be on the verge of unconsciousness. 

Suzy looked back at Amber and saw Krystal kneeling near her and sobbing. The chief guard stood behind them, a gun aimed clearly at Amber with an oblivious Krystal.

"This...this is all my fault..." Suzy choked. Just then, a helicopter rose and aimed a bright light on the people on the roof.

"Raise your hands in the air and surrender or five heavily armed Elites will arrive to where you are." A voice said. Everyone could recognize that it was the top chief.

"Dad." Krystal sobbed loudly. The chief guard was smiling but he had lowered his gun.

The helicopter lowered itself onto a small empty space on the roof. The motor stopped and only Krystal's sobbing could be heard.

Blood spurted from Amber's mouth and she began to cough violently, emitting more blood around .

"Soojung...don't cry..." Amber choked and coughed again. The stain on her shirt in the chest area grew bigger.

"Don't cry...." 

The top chief walked out of the helicopter followed by Sooyeon then Kibum, Taemin, Taehyung, and Minho.

The chief guard smiled as the top chief laid his eyes on him. He raised his gun and pointed it to Krystal.

"It's...this is all my fault..." Suzy sobbed. Soohyun was watching her but didn't dare come close. His heart pounded painfully as he watched Suzy cry.

"Stop crying...please." He muttered. 

"You are all under arrest for being accomplices of Yiyun until we decide what to do of you all." The top chief stated, his eyes still watching the guard chief.

"Can't you see my gun aimed at your daughter's head, Jung?" The chief guard yelled.

"Yes, I am aware of that, Lee Soo Bom." The top chief replied, his scar crinkling as well as his face.

"Aren't you going to ask what I want?" Soo Bom asked, furious. 

"No." The chief replied shortly.

"Dad-" Sooyeon began warningly, but the chief interrupted her.

"Your reason is irrelevant." He said to Soo Bom. "I don't care what you want but you better give her back or so help me God-"

"Stop!" Suzy yelled. Her face was soaked in tears.

"I did everything. I hacked onto the mainframe. I leaked information out to the public. I betrayed everyone. And now because of it...my friend..." Suzy said. Soohyun's eyes went wide but the others remained reserved.

The chief, still looking at Soo Bom, walked closely towards him.

"I thought I could trust you, Suzy." He said, taking another step.

"I know, I...I'm sorry." Suzy said, her voice breaking. "Just, please let Amber go. She's innocent."

"We can't leave you unpunished, you know that." The chief replied, taking another step. He was halfway to where Krystal and Amber laid.

"I know." Suzy said again. She glanced at the edge of the roof.

"It won't happen again. And you don't have to waste your time trying to kill me." She said. She walked towards the edge of the building and looked down. A box truck was directly beneath them if you didn't count the multiple fire exits.

"Krys...stop crying." Amber gurgled. Her breathing was irregular, first fast the slow then fast again.

"Stop talking, you idiot." Krystal sobbed. Amber's eyes slowly closed and her breathing slowed down.

"Sorry..." She muttered. Then, her breathing stopped altogether. 

Suzy jumped off of the building, her eyes closed and awaiting the upcoming pain.

"You...you killed her!" Krystal shrieked. She stood up hastily and launched herself onto the guard chief. Soo Bom, unexpecting this, aimed hastily and pulled the trigger.

Soohyun jumped after Suzy and pulled his body closer so he could fall faster and catch up.

A gunshot could be heard.

"Suzy!"

"Soojung!" 

"...Krystal..."

(A/n:...hehehehehehehehe I feel evil just leaving you guys hanging there. Sorry if it's confusing. Don't worry, I'm writing the next chapter so hopefully you guys and gals won't have to wait long (: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SO MANY READS AND SUBSCRIBERS AND VOTES! I don't think you all understand how much you make me happy to know someone is reading this and enjoying it. This story is coming to an end, sadly, so there won't be that many chapter left. Don't worry! As I was writing this story, ideas of other possible books burst into my head and I can't wait to share them with you :D

Btw, if you guys and gals have not seen Amber's music video 'Shake That Brass,' I suggest you do because I am now obsessed with it. Also if we get at least five million views by sometime next week, everyone in smtown gets a red card or something. I hadn't had the time to research but hopefully some of you know what I'm talking about. 

Anyway, thank you again for reading and shake that brass *heyy hoo heyy hoo*)