Chapter 3

Mission to Kill

"Yah, get your lazy off the couch. I'm leaving."

"Do you know how much energy I have to use to do that, Yuri?"

"C'mon, Liu." Yuri urged.

"No. Let me take a nap." Amber demanded.

"Fine. I'm going." Yuri said, turning around and holding the door knob. Amber's eyes were closed, not really caring about the brunette in front of the door. Yuri turned around and groaned.

"C'mon, Amber. You've been staying inside most of the time ever since that party." She complained. Amber didn't budge.

"That's because no one told me that it would be recorded." She said, obviously bored.

"What's the big deal? You were seen for, like, six seconds. Do you think that some guy is going to track you down and kill you because of it?" Yuri bluffed, puffing her cheeks. Amber smiled weakly.

"You have no idea, Teddy Bear." She said. Yuri blushed.

"Y-Yah...it was o-one time." She stuttered. Amber lifted her arm, which was rested on her forehead, and looked at the brunette.

"How is it that one time I come into your room,  I find you hugging a teddy bear?" She chuckled. Yuri rolled her eyes and turned around to twist the door knob.

"Whatever. At least I still go out and have fun." She pointed out. She walked out of the door and closed it behind her. 

"Yo, Yuri! What's up?" A male called out in an American accent. Yuri smiled at the group of guys lounging around near her apartment door.

"Ah, nothing much, guys. Llama can't come. She's being a ." She replied in an American accent. The group of guys sighed, hating the fact that the blonde inside didn't want to come.

"Anyways," one guy said. He had a blonde buzz cut and small dimples when he smiled. "We've been waiting for you girls for about ten minutes. What were you doing? Putting on make-up?" 

Yuri laughed and lightly punched the guy on the arm.

"Hey, lovebirds, stop flirting." One of the guys in the group said. The rest laughed except Yuri and the blonde guy who both replied with stern objections of their relationship.

"Taylor's gross." Yuri complained.

"And Yuri's a lesbian." The guy named Taylor argued. The other guys guffawed at their awkwardness. 

"Yo..." Another guy in the group said. "Cutie's almost done. It looks like she's going to come here..." 

The rest of the guys looked towards the front desk of the building. 

"Who's Cutie?" Yuri asked. Taylor pointed towards a cold looking brunette at the front desk.

"She's been there for a while doing nothing but signing papers. I think she's going to move here." He said.

"You and Amber are so lucky! She's hot!" Another guy said. 

"Aye, are we going to the party or what?" Yet another guy asked. Yuri squinted, looking at the brunette then widened her eyes, not believing anything she saw.

"Uh...I...I think I'll stay h-here with A-Am..." She stuttered, looking down. The guys frowned but one guy called out.

"Yuri just wants that girl to herself." 

The guys laughed again an decided to leave Yuri to her thoughts. She aimlessly wished them goodbye as they passed her to leave the apartment.

When they were gone, she leaned against the wall to calm herself down.

"That is...that is, without a doubt, Soojung...if she's here...could she be here because of..." Yuri muttered to herself. A flash of movement caught her eye.

She turned her head towards it to see that the pretty brunette had turned in her papers and was currently walking towards the stairs. 

Yuri thought this was a perfect chance to get information out of her. She and Amber's  apartment was right in front of the stairs. No one could climb up the stairs without walking past their door.

As soon as the cold looking brunette walked up the stairs, she passed Yuri who was thinking of what to say. In a panic, Yuri quickly called out to her.

"S-Soojung-ah!" 

The brunette froze. 

She was sure that no one knew her here. She slowly turned around to see an eager looking girl. She was tall and had long brown hair. Soojung wondered if she was a spy but she had never seen the latter before. 

"Um...who are you?" Soojung asked in an American accent.

"It's me. Yuri." The brunette replied in Korean. Soojung frowned. 

"Don't you remember me? I'm Sooyeon's friend. We used to hang out together whenever Sooyeon had to go somewhere."

Now she remembered.

Yuri was Sooyeon unni's best friend before they became full-on spies. Whenever Sooyeon unni had to go the the headquarters for a small task, Yuri would want to tag along. Because the location was to be kept a secret, Sooyeon had to lie about where she was going and that she had to go alone. The three were close friends until Yuri moved away one day without saying anything. Sooyeon acted strangely calm when it occurred. She suggested that both she and Soojung become full-on spies and that was that. No interaction from Yuri to her or, especially, Sooyeon. Until now.

"Yuri! I couldn't even recognize you!" Soojung explained. Yuri smiled widely.

"How are you? How's Sooyeon? Did both of you move here?" Yuri bombarded Soojung with questions. Soojung laughed.

"I'm fine and so is unni. Only I moved here. She's still in Korea. Sorry." She replied. Yuri's face sank and she felt a tug in her heart. She had hoped too much. 

Soojung saw it and decided to lighten up the girl.

"Yah, you know that unni doesn't like-" 

"Me calling her Sooyoen. Only Jessica. And you picked your own name. Krystal...right?" Yuri asked. Soojung nodded. Yuri smiled sadly. 

"I don't know why she likes the American name I gave her so much." Yuri said, fiddling with her fingers.

"Because you gave her the name. If someone else did that, she would have forgotten it by now." Krystal answered. Yuri blushed.

"I could have done better..." She muttered. Before Krystal replied, Yuri smiled.

"Hey, want to meet my roommate?" She asked. Krystal smiled happily and nodded, following Yuri to the apartment. 

"Yah! Where are you?" Yuri called out as she entered the apartment. She led Krystal in and closed the door.

"I don't want to meet your "friend", Yuri." A somewhat feminine voice called out. Yuri blushed.

"It's not like that, pabo. Just get in here and say hi." She spat back.

Suddenly, a  feminine looking guy walked out from a room looking bored and angry.

"I'm here." He said. Well, she. Krystal thought to herself as she looked at the girl. 

Krystal's heart began to beat rapidly as her eyes met the girl's. 

Was it because she had found the person she was supposed to kill so easily?

Or was it because of something else...?

Krystal blushed and gripped her suitcase as hard as she could when the attractive blonde smiled at her.

"I'm Amber. Nice to meet you, not-Yuri's-friend." The blonde said, her yes not leaving the nervous and young brunette. Yuri scowled.

"She is my friend but not that way, you stupid llama." She growled. Amber just shrugged and walked towards the couch, flopping on it once she reached the foot.

"Come here and sit." She said, still looking at Krystal and patted the space next to her. "Just standing there makes you look awkward."

Before Krystal could object and leave for the safety of her heart, Yuri smiled and forcibly lead the brunette to the couch. 

Krystal sat down heavily next to Amber while Yuri grabbed a random bag of chips and began munching on them. 

Notice how she was not sitting on the couch leaving the two potential lovers alone.

"So, how long have you been here?" Amber asked, rudely interrupting the author's little explanation. Krystal fumbled with her fingers, determining whether or not to lie.

Usually, it would take her a split second to answer but something was distracting her. She sniffed the air while closing her eyes and followed the pathway where it came from. 

"Do you like it? I just got it yesterday. It's called Summer Breeze." Amber said as Krystal opened her eyes and gazed back at the blonde's brown eyes. 

She quickly looked at the ground, trying desperately to hide her blush.

What was going on? Why did her heart beat so fast? Why did she feel like sitting on Amber's lap and just mess up her already luscious messy hair. 

"A-A couple...a couple h-hours...that's how long I've been here." She stuttered, trying to change to subject. 

"Omo!" Yuri said, nearly spilling the semi soggy chip pieces from . Amber grimaced, completely grossed out.

"Amber and I could show you around Cali! It'll be fun!" She spat out. Literally.

"S-Sorry...I don't think I'm going to be staying here long." Krystal replied. She hurriedly stood up. "I have to go...and...get acquainted...yeah...a-and pack my stuff...b-bye..."

She ran out before the two confused girls could question them.

She quickly found her room and set up her small amount of stuff: the check and 'phone' on the bedside table, the weapons under the bad with both a loaded gun and a sharpened knife under her pillow, and the rest of the luggage on the floor hiding the weapons. 

She did all of this while still blushing and trying to figure out why she was feeling like this. She had an idea of what it could be, but she shook it off and reminded herself that she was straight.

Suddenly, the 'phone' beeped. The 'phone' was not actually a phone. It was similar to a walkie talkie but could go long distances, receive texts and the outside design could trick anyone into thinking it was an iPhone. The best thin Krystal liked about the 'phone' was that it was packed full of gadgets.

Krystal picked the 'phone' up and looked at a red eye logo to see that her sister had texted her.

'How did you get this number?' She texted, skipping the formalities.

'Would it kill you to be respectful once in a while?' Jessica responded immediately. 

'Hi. How did you get this number?' Krystal replied again.

'Always the anxious one...I just wanted to check on my sister.' Jessica said.

'That didn't answer my question, unni.'

'Doesn't matter anyways. How's the mission going?' 

Krystal froze. Again, she didn't know whether or not to lie or to tell the truth. 

'Hello?' Jessica texted. 

'I haven't found her yet.' Krystal lied. 

She felt bad. She had never lied to her sister. Ever. 

'That's okay. Just make sure to hurry up. I know about you vacation.' 

'You need to stop watching the records, unni.'

'Leave me alone. I have to go. Bye.' Jessica texted lastly. Krystal sighed and looked at the time. 

"Two o'clock in the afternoon..." Krystal yawned. "Meaning it's three am in the morning in Korea...I hate jet lag..." She laid down obviously tired and closed her eyes, ready for a nap. 

She dreamt of her sister...her home...and an unexpected dorky llama faced dino. 

For the first time ever since she was little, she smiled as she slept.