Chapter 13

Mission to Kill

Krystal sat on the bench with Suzy next to her. Her head was properly bandaged and had stopped bleeding. She had a couple bruises from fighting the guards but she refused the nurse to treat them. 

That would take more time for the nurse to finish. She didn't want to waste anymore time and had argued with both the doctor and the nurse to let her visit Amber.

And there she was. Behind a wooden door. So close, yet so far away.

Krystal shed another tear, even though she thought she was dried up. She could hear the surgeons talking from where she was. Their words were upsetting her but she couldn't help but listen to them. 

Suzy sniffed, also hearing their words. She reached up with her good hand, her other arm in a cast, and wiped away a tear. Her eyes fell from the door to her twisted leg and her heart swelled with pain.

Soohyun had taken the fall for her, literally. He was currently in another room, receiving surgery like Amber. She wanted to go and see him, but what was the point? Amber was her close friend and Soohyun was just a new Elite she had to help.

Yet she couldn't shrug off the feeling he gave her. She wondered how he was and hoped that he was alright. She would confess to him. 

If he lived. 

Another tear escaped her eyes and she quickly wiped it away. 

"What's wrong with her?" Someone from the other side of the door yelled.

"We removed the bullet but she barely has a heartbeat! Push!" 

"She's under cardiac arrest I believe."

"No, her heart is fibrillating! Pass me the defibrillator! Idiot!"

A pause.

"One. Two. Three."

"! Again!"

"One! Two! Three!"

"She's flatlining! She's flatlining!"

Krystal suddenly burst into tears and Suzy joined in her sobbing. A couple minutes passed and the girls sat there sobbing. 

Krystal could not feel anything else other than the massive pain in her heart. 

It felt as if someone had taken a rusted knife, cut out her heart, and thrown it in fire. She heard the door opening and looked up hopefully to see the blonde, but there only stood a surgeon. His gloved hands were stained with Amber's blood and he looked sullen.

Krystal hung her head as she knew what he was going to say.

"I'm sorry to give you this news...but..." He began. He fumbled with his hands in a similar way Amber had done earlier in the apartment. Except this time, Amber wasn't taking care of her. 

Amber was now only a memory.

"W-Wait!" A voice from inside the room called.

"Wait!" It called again.

-----

"Wait!" 

Krystal looked up towards the source of the voice and smiled, her heart leaping as it usually does.

The blonde smiled and ran towards Krystal. 

"Sorry I'm late. I had to meet up with your dad and ask him something." Amber said. Something flashed in her eyes and she reached in her right pocket.

She glanced at Krystal and blushed then put back whatever was in there. 

"Wrong pocket." She simple muttered and reached into her left pocket.

She pulled out keys and jingled them in front of the brunette.

"What-"

"Happy birthday Soojung." Amber smiled and grabbed Krystal's hand and dropped the keys there.

Krystal's eyes went wide as she looked at the keys. She noticed a small bracelet attached to the ring of the keys.

"Is this-" she began to ask.

"Yes. The bracelet I made you when we were younger." Amber answered. Krystal's smile grew even bigger.

"This...this is an amazing gift. Thank you!" She said as she leaned in for a hug. 

The hug lingered for a little too long.

"Hey, love birds! Are we going inside the restaurant or are we going to stand here, watching you both?" A voice called.

"Soohyun! Shut up! Can't you see they're enjoying their time alone?" Another called. 

Krystal looked at Suzy and Soohyun, in crutches, and smiled. She looked back at a blushing Amber.

"We should go inside." She stated. They all went inside. Amber told the waiter that they made a reservation. The waiter seated them after some flirting towards the blonde and exchanged glares from Krystal.

"I don't like her." Krystal stated. Amber smiled nervously.

"Soojung, just leave her be. She didn't do anything wrong." The blonde said.

"Yeah she did. She flirted with you." Soohyun said. "If you can't see that she's jealous-OW!" 

Soohyun reached under the table and rubbed his shin.

Krystal blushed and Suzy glared at Soohyun.

"What was that for, Amber?" He complained.

The blonde looked down and hid her face with her bangs.

"Aww, she's blushing! Krystal look at-yah!" Soohyun's face cringes in pain and he reached under the table once again to heal his bruise.

"I don't know why you see in him, Suzy." Amber stated, bringing her head up and moving her bangs to the side. 

"He's a dork, just like you." Suzy replied, gazing cutely at Soohyun. Soohyun blushed and smiled.

"I may be a dork, but I'm your dork." He said. It was Suzy's turn to blush. She glanced at Amber and Krystal, who had been mysteriously observing them quietly.

"Oh just kiss already." Amber said. Suzy and Soohyun greatly obliged.

"You guys are so weird." Amber muttered. She smiled and faced Krystal.

"What were you thinking about earlier? You seemed deep in thought." She asked. Krystal looked wonderingly at the blonde.

"I was just remembering my time at the hospital. You flatlining. Then the doctors screaming that you still had a heartbeat. Just how much of a miracle you are." Krystal answered.

Amber chuckled and looked the table.

"Yeah, I've been wondering about that too ever since Suzy told me." Soohyun said, after their intense makeout.

"How did you do it?" Krystal asked.

Amber looked up at Krystal.

"I remember watching a movie once about this guy who slowed his heartbeat down to calm his heart down. You know, so as not to overwork it." She answered. "I did some research and after a while, I could do it."

"Well, you scared both Suzy and I. Next time don't try that or else I will kill you." Krystal threatened.

"I'm sorry, Princess." Amber smiled. "Speaking of death, how are you still alive Suzy?"

Suzy smiled smugly and leaned back.

"Since I was important to the agency's hacking unit, I am not allowed to be harmed or killed. For now, at least. I'm pretty sure if I leak anymore info out the agency, I would get killed." 

"My girlfriend's a badass." He said. "Your girlfriend's a badass too, Am." 

"My girlfriend?" The blonde asked, curiously.

"Yeah. Krystal."

Amber kicked his shin.

"You need to stop that! I'm not totally healed yet." The brunette pouted, rubbing the bruising place again.

"You won't completely heal unless you keep talking like that." Amber promised. Soohyun was about to say something that might have lead to his death but a male waiter walked to their table.

"Are you lovely ladies going to order anything?" He asked, looking at Suzy and Krystal. Soohyun held Suzy's hand and Amber wrapped her arm around Krystal.

She picked up a menu and looked at it.

"Um, I'll have the Skilletini with a combo of sausage and shrimp." She looked at Krystal, who was flustered with Amber's arm over her shoulders.

"What would you like, babe?" The blonde asked. Krystal cursed in her head for blushing even harder. She looked down and muttered.

"I-I'll have the s-same..." She said. The waiter, uncomfortable with the glares from Amber, looked to Soohyun and Suzy.

"And what about-" the waiter began, putting up a smile for Suzy.

"We'll have the same thing." Soohyun interrupted. The waiter nodded but soon left when Soohyun leaned in and gave Suzy a kiss.

"Talk about a creep." Amber muttered. Soohyun grinned.

"First jealous Jung, now jealous Liu." He joked.

Amber noticed Krystal's lowered head and removed her arm off of the girl.

"Shut up you stupid little boy." Amber stated, trying to lighten the somewhat tense mood.

-----

Krystal's tears fell onto the sheets of the blonde's bed.

She was holding Amber's hand tightly while her other hand caressed the latter's head.

The surgeons, in a shocked state, told her it was safe to visit her and were currently discussing Amber's death and revival.

"I can't. You idiot." She sobbed. "You nearly made me think you were dead."

 

"Soojung." Amber whispered.

"Stupid. You're so stupid." Krystal said. Amber closed her eyes an smiled.

"But I'm your stupid." 

-----

"Bye! I hope you both go home safely!" Soohyun yelled out loud as he limped away on his crutch while leaning on Suzy. Krystal and Amber waved back then Amber turned to the younger girl.

"Follow me. I have something to show you." She whispered in her ear. Krystal frowned but agreed. She followed the blonde from the restaurant close to the apartment to the abandoned factory building.

Amber went inside and held the door open for the latter. Once inside, Amber reached in her back pocket and pulled out something black.

"Close your eyes." She said. Krystal did as she was told and felt a cloth over her eyes. Amber's hand slipped into hers and guided her somewhere into the dark factory.

"Ready?" Amber whispered. Krystal nodded and kept her eyes closed as Amber removed the cloth.

"You can open your eyes now." Amber said. Krystal opened her eyes and her knees became weak.

There was a beautiful, sleek, black car sitting in the center of one the room. Next to it sat a small round table with a white cloth draped over it, lit by nothing else but three candles. 

"Am..." Krystal whispered in awe. Amber smiled, held her hand, and dragged the girl to the table.

"Am, I-" Krystal started but Amber shushed her.

"Sit down. Relax." She said. The younger girl obliged and freed her hand.

"What is this about?" She asked. Amber smiled nervously.

"I wanted us to be alone so I could..." Amber drifted off. Krystal raised an eyebrow.

"So you could what?" She asked. Amber looked around, the dark lighting hiding her blush.

"Earlier today I...I spoke with your dad." Amber said, changing the topic. 

"You mentioned him earlier but I thought he was back in Korea." Krystal replied. Amber nodded.

"He came here for some kind of meeting and I tracked him to talk about..." Amber drifted off again. Krystal leaned forward.

"About?" Krystal insisted. Something shined in Amber's eyes and this, for some reason, made Krystal's heart beat faster.

"Us." 

There was a silence.

Amber took a deep breath and knelt down in front of Krystal. Krystal's heart leaped.

"He..." Amber stuttered. He agreed with...with us going out so..." She scratched the back of her head but quickly put her hand down and reached in her right pocket.

"Jung Soojung." Amber began, her voice wavering a bit. Her stomach was doing somersaults.

"I have wanted to be close to you ever since we first met in Ms. Kim's kindergarden class. I was drawn towards you and have always been until this day. 

"I can never seem to stay mad or upset about you or when I'm around you. My heart beats faster, my stomach twirls around, I can barely speak, my mind only thinks about you, no one else but you most of the time. If I'm upset, all I have to do is imagine your smiling face and I'm smiling myself.

"Back at the agency, people thought I had no weakness. That my motivation was death to all evil doers. However, Soojung, my motivation was you. My weakness was you an always will be you."

"Am..." Krystal whispered, tears forming in her eyes.

"Please make me the happiest person alive..." Amber continued, tears also in her eyes but refused to let them go. She took out what was in her pocket. 

"And be my girlfriend." She finished. She held the beautiful, hand carved diamond heart with both hands. Krystal held her hands to her face and wiped her tears away.

"You idiot." She muttered, putting one hand down. Amber's heart plummeted.

"I-I'm sorry I..." She began to put the ring away. "I don't know what I was thinking." 

"Of course I'll be your girlfriend." 

This stopped Amber's heart and her tears fell freely.

She stopped thinking and rose from her kneel quickly, and meeting her lips with her princess's. Krystal's arms wound around Amber's neck and deepened the kiss.

She shifted and, since the keys were in her pocket, the car honked and startled both of them. They both laughed at their tiny misforutune.

"Stand up." Amber ordered gently. Krystal obliged and turned around, seemingly reading the blonde's mind. The blonde shifted the latter's hair to attach the necklace and kissed her neck once she was done.

"Want to know a secret?" Amber whispered in Krystal's ear. The brunette shivered but nodded. Amber reached towards the diamond of the necklace. She gently placed her fingers around the sides and pressed. It opened and revealed tiny little scribbles. Krystal read them out loud.

"I love you. -YourAdorableLlama." She read out loud.

"Amber I love it." Krystal whispered. They both smiled at each other until Amber got an idea.

"I know this place that serves the best mango icream. Want to go?" She asked. Krystal blushed but nodded. 

They both entered the car and after just finding their destination on a GPS, Amber leaned over from the shotgun seat and gave Krystal a peck on the cheek.

"Let's go, babe." She said, grinning. Krystal blushed but smiled.

"Shut up, stupid." She said in English. She started the car. Amber looked intently at hed.

"But I'm your stupid."

"I love you, stupid boy Josephine." 

"I love you, Princess Soojung."

And iff they went into the night.

(A/n: *cries* I honestly love this ending. Thank you for all the support you have given me. I will be writing another story but definitely not soon. I love you all for reading this far and being patient with my rare updates. I love you like Amber and Krystal love each other...but not that way (; Thank you!)