Yellow Eyes

Tricking Death

You weren't ready to die yet.

After all you did, you were not ready to give up so easily.

Killed by a mere pawn of the army of undead soldiers?

 

No way.

 

Your courage was beyond possible at that moment. It was a rush of adrenaline pumped through your veins, all to your brain and back into your body.

 

You kicked as hard as you could, your leg swiftly landing on it's head, causing it to crack.

 

It was indeed dead, lying on the grass with blood and brains spilling all out.

 

Disgusting, bloody mess.

 

Your thoughts were disgusted by it. You began shaking from the harsh unexpected movements of your limbs, and the adrenaline in your blood. Before you could think anymore, a pair of arms enveloped you and a head landed on your shoulder. You were ready to attack whoever it was, but it was only Kai.

 

"I'm sorry." He muttered.

"I didn't take good care of you, I was so stupid and reckless; I didn't even notice you were in trouble, so please forgive me." He opened his mouth to take a deep brath and continue, but you cut him off by placing your hand on his.

 

"It's okay." You smiled. "I can take good care of myself." A small wave of relief washed over you. "I'm just glad i'm alive." You confessed, while tears were welling up in your eyes.

 

You sobbed, and eventually cried. He just held you tighter and whispered soothing things. A friend like him was worth having.




 

After your little "breakdown", both of you decided to go back to the meeting place where you would meet up with Tao.

While you were walking with Kai, you felt like you were being watched. This reminded you of the day you met Kai. Perhaps it was just Tao trying to scare you; but what would he be doing here?

 

It was very suspicious.

 

Kai noticed your occasional glances and shivers along your spine.

"Are you okay?" He asked "You seem distracted and scared.." His elbow came in contact with your rib.

 

You blinked a few times before registering that he is nudging you and asking a question.

"Uh yeah, I'm fine." Of course you weren't going to worry him.

You trailed off to your thoughts again.

"Are you sure?" He sensed it.

"Y-yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" Your voice came out a few notes higher than expected.

 

He chuckled.

 

"Why are you laughing!?" You snapped at him.

"Sorry I just.." He rubbed the back of his neck as blush tinted his cheeks. ..."nothing."

 

"Hmpf.." you crossed your arms and looked elsewhere.

 

She is so cute.. I'm so lucky I found her. -he thought.


 

 

You were about to reach the end of the forest  until a bush near you shook. You immediately snapped your head at the direction of the noise. There you saw two yellow eyes staring back at you.

"K-k-k-Kai.." you gasped and pulled him by the sleeve.

"Huh?" He turned around, only to meet your petrified gaze.

"What's wrong!?" He panicked. Were you not feeling well? -The question remained in his head.

 

The beast in the bush growled quietly.

 

"There...look!" You pointed in the direction of the bush.

 

He turned his head towards it and responded with a "Huh?" just before the beast jumped out of the bush and headed towards you. It was a huge wolf and it pinned you to the ground and growled loudly.

 

"Stop it!" Kai shouted. "She's with me!"

 

The wolf obeyed him, surprisingly. You crawled back, away from it and into Kai's arms.

"Change, hyung!" Kai commanded.

 

Hyung...?



And the wolf, turned into a prince.

_____________________________
New chapter is up! Sorry for not updating much lately! School started..

I hope you forgive me and enjoy the chapter ;-;

Thank you for 35 subbies and 470 views! :)