We Meet Again

Tricking Death

This chapter is a bit gory, if you are not okay with that, please do not continue reading this.

I didn't mark this chapter so that you could make your own choice.

_____________________________________________________________________

After your talk with Kai and Tao, the three of you decided it's finally the time to go hunting. After that, Tao said it would be good to meet the others.

If everything goes as planned, that is. 

"First of all, we have to explain the basics to you. Since you didn't hunt before, we will make sure you get a good hang of it. Take notes." Kai crossed his arms and took a seat on one of the kitchen stools.

You nodded you head and listened. Your elbows were propped up and your back was leaning on the counter. You waited for them to continue. 

"I'm really sorry that I don't know how to hunt" You said. 

"It's okay. We didn't know how either, so we learned from others." Tao clasped his hands together. 

"So let me explain." Kai added. 

"The rules are simple. They do not see you, but They will hear you. You can be right infront of them and they won't even know you're there...unless, you make a noise. Their only sense left is hearing. The key of success is being as quiet as possible." Kai explained the first key so you mentally noted it and nodded your head.

"Next is killing them. They need the brain to control the rest of their body, and without the brain, they're dead. Since the Virus only keeps their brain alive, that would be their lethal point. In order to kill them, you need to break through their skull and reach the core, if you fail in breaking their skull, cutting their head off will work as well. Cutting their head isn't as effective as the other option but you will separate it from the body so they won't be able to control it. However the head is still alive, but with no body, it would probably rot away. Only then, by those two methods, they will be dead." Tao explained the second key. 

"Mhm.." you mumbled. 

"How would they know all of that? Who taught them?" You asked yourself, not out loud of course. 

"And the last key is.." Kai continued "Being as quick as possible. You Never want to be around them for too long. Either they will kill you, or their horrible smell will." Kai scrunched his nose by the bare thought of their smell. 

You repeated the three rules in your head over and over again. 


Silence. 
Brain.
Speed. 


The three keys for success were all you needed to know from the basics. 
Stick to the rules and survive. 

"So, that's all for now. No matter what, STICK TO THE RULES." Tao added sternly. 

"Got it." You lifted your hand and pointed your thumb up approvingly. 

 

 


After you discussed the rules with them, the three of you headed out of the building to go hunting. You were scared and you admitted it. Since you never did anything like this in your life before, you thought it would go all wrong and you would fail. Kai and Tao kept assuring you that they are going to be there with you and nothing would happen. However you still had doubts. 

 

The three of you reached the bottom of the hill, where They lurked. Suspension filled the air. You had to be quiet and quick. They were all around you, and yet they didn't attack you. You walked right past them, Kai and Tao even touched some of them and they didn't move an inch. Everything Kai and Tao said was true. As long as you were sticking to the rules, it would be okay. 

When you reached the nearby forest, the three of you decided to split up so you could catch more food. You went with Kai because Tao wanted to "go solo because he is macho" as he said. Kai went with you towards the North side of the forest, while Tao mostly stayed on the West side. 

 

Your heart was somehow clenching when you thought of Tao all alone in the forest, surrounded by Them. 

 

Kai and you were both running swiftly as Kai kept the lead. The two of you were chasing a lamb who got it's leg injured in an old bear trap. Although it's leg was injured, it still ran faster than you so you had to be fast to catch it. 

While running, Kai attached a silencer on his rifle so the bullets won't make such a noise and get us uncovered. Since you had no weapons with you Kai had to take care of everything. He pulled up the gun and aimed it at the injured lamb who was now sipping water from the surface of the river. And with a short press, a click was heard and the bullet was sent flying towards the heart of an innocent lamb who would be served as food. The bullet pierced through it's skin and dived into the flesh that was hiding the heart. Blood came flowing out as the lamb collapsed onto the floor letting out heavy breaths. Kai walked up to the animal and crouched down to the ground. He reached for his pocket and took out a small silver knife. 

And with a quick motion, he slit the lamb's throat open and let it bleed to death.

You couldn't watch it anymore. You diverted your gaze somewhere else and let tears swell up in your eyes. You rubbed your eyes as something was reeking badly behind you so you turned around to see.


It was right infront of you again. 

 

Death.

 

__________________________________________________________

I am back! I wasn't updating much lately because I am on a vacation and my birthday is in three days (25th of August) so I am preparing for it.

I just wanted to thank you all for 370 views and almost 30 subbies! You all make me happy!

So have some adorableness: