Getting Used to the Surroundings

Tricking Death

You slowly awoke from your unconsciousness and found yourself on a soft comfy mattress. Thinking it was your house, you slowly sat up and rubbed your eyes. You heard yourself yawn loudly. Now that your vision was clear you looked around and noticed this was definitely not your house. 

 

The room had bright lime green walls, and alot of paintings of nature on them. It had one small window on the wall that was on the right from the bed, and a door on the left of the wall, infront of the bed. And on the wall on the left of the bed was a large closet that seemed quite old and eerie. But the room itself was quite elegant. 

This was all much unlike your room which was all covered in black, with a larger window and less paintings (more posters *cough*) on the walls. 

 

Your heart raced.

 

"Wait a minute" You thought to yourself and pinched your own cheek.

 

"This wasn't a dream...!?"

 

"Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh!" You screamed in panic. 

 

You covered your eyes with your hands hoping that it was a dream and you would snap out of it soon.

Little did you notice that a figure came in the room.

 

"Hey; Idiot! Stop shouting so early in the morning!" He said, emphasizing the word Idiot.

 

"Yaaah, who are you!?" you shouted at the unknown man. 

 

"I said stop shouting, Idiot! And really; you don't remember me? We met yesterday on the second floor of my building." He stated somewhat arrogantly.

 

"Eh? Yesterday...?" You tried to recall what happened the day before. 

 

"You don't remember?" He questioned you.

 

"A-ah yes I remember.." You stuttered out. 

 

"See, you do. Now get up. We're going hunting for food." He turned around to exit the room.

 

"Hunting for food!? What?" You stood up. 

 

He turned around and muttered: "Well we need to survive from something, right? It's not like we can just go to a supermarket..." He paused seeing you just staring blankly at him. 

 

"Oh and put on some clothes first." He chuckled and waved his hand as if he was dismissing you and exited the room. 

 

"What is he talking about?" You thought. 

 

Short after expressing your thoughts, you were feeling a bit cold so you hugged yourself and noticed- you had no shirt on, and the pants were lacking too. You were only in your ordinary underwear.

 

"W-whaaaaaaaaa!?" You shrieked in disbelief. 

 

You quickly grabbed the sheets and wrapped your body with them. 

"How did he..?"

"Why did he..?" 

"When did he..?" 

You shook your head in embarrassment, your cheeks turning a shade of pink.

 

Later after recovering from that embarrassing event, you decided to search for clothes in the eerie closet. You dragged your feet lazily to the closet and opened it with all your might. In the morning you always faced a lack of strength.

 

The closet was full of clothes in all colours, from bright yellow to plum purple. The design of clothes wasn't really to your taste, it was kind of glamurous, certainly not plain like your comfy clothes, and much...older. But all around, it was indeed pretty and fashionable, but not your style. You could say it was old but gold. 

 

After almost ten minutes of picking, you took a lime green coloured shirt that had no sleeves and a mini "schoolgirl styled" black skirt. To finish the look you took a pair of black knee high socks and a pair of black combat boots. 

"All done." You congratulated yourself mentally for managing to pull out something decent that fit your style somehow.

 

After that, you headed out of the room to find what should you do next. Hunting wasn't something you did before. How does he even expect you to hunt, you're only __. You walked further down the long white hallway only to find him shirtless with a pair of boxers on him. 

Your eyes widened in surprise.

 

"Y-yah! Put some clothes on" Your hands quickly covered your source of vision. 

 

He laughed.

 

"Ah, I didn't know you would dress so quickly, I thought I had more time to dre-" He stopped mid-sentence when he turned around and saw you in the outfit that you picked out. His cheeks turned crimson red and he turned his back towards you. 

 

"Uh yeah, nice choice of clothes." And with that he returned to a room and locked the doors behind him. 

 

"What was all that?" You thought. He really left you puzzled. Could it be that he was embarrassed? 

 

Not soon after you heard someone knock on the front door. It snapped you out of your thoughts so without thinking you hurried to the source of the noise and opened the doors curiously.

 

You were greeted by a figure of a taller man with blonde hair almost falling over his eyes but it was perfectly combed to avoid any unnecessary contact with his chestnut brown orbs. He had a half ped black leather jacket and light blue denim jeans with holes on his knees. He was standing there leaning on the door frame in a rather charming manner, or so you thought. One corner of his lips was curved upwards in a charming smirk and his eyes were fixed on the groumd infront of him the whole time.

 

And for the first time he spoke:

"Hey Kai, you ready to go hunti-" He stopped when he looked up.

 

Silence. 

 

You felt awkward so you started to speak: "I, uh-" but you were cut off by his words.

 

"You're not Kai." He stated harshly. 

___________________________________________________________

Author's Note: 

And so the role of the mysterious guy was... *drumroll* Kai~!

But who is the snappy guy at the door? You will find out soon. 

Until then I am hoping to get your support by receiving Upvotes, lots of Comments and of course, Subscribers.

Thank you so much for reading this!