Family

Tricking Death

"Yah, I'm here!" Kai got out of his room in freshly changed clothes. His hair was gelled up a bit crazily, like someone ruined his hairdo, but it looked cool anyways. He had a white sleeveless shirt on along with washed out ripped jeans and a pair of white sneakers. He stuffed his hands into his pockets.

 

"Mind telling me who she is, Kai?" The blonde haired boy asked him.

He seemed really arrogant from the moment you met him. You weren't really a person who judged people by their looks, but he really was just how he looked, wild.

They were exchanging glares. You occasionally glanced at the both of them hoping a fight wouldn't arise because of your presence here.

You spoke up: ‘’Ah I’m sor-’’

 

Kai shushed you and smirked before answering the boy’s question. "She's a survivor like us, Tao." Kai replied him firmly.

 

"So his name is Tao...even his name matches his personality" You thought.

 

"Fine. I'll let it slip this once. But you won't fool me again, Kai." Tao straightened his position so he wasn't leaning on the wall anymore.

 

"What? Slip this once? Fool him again? What is he talking about? Does he think I'm something else besides a survivior? Like Kai's girlfriend...NO WAY!" You mentally asked yourself a dozen of questions, before snapping back to reality.

 

"I'm Tao, the KungFu master." He directed his question to you and chuckled

.

"And you are?" He stuck out his hand for you to shake it.

 

"Oh I'm _____. Nice to meet you." You bowed politely and shook his hand.

 

"Wow we got a polite one here." Tao laughed a little, along with Kai who just smirked.

 

"No need to be so formal. After all the World is collapsing, the last thing I want to worry about are manners." He let out a deep sigh and stepped in the house, practically letting himself in.

 

"A-ah okay... sorry" You apologized, and that made Tao laugh again. Just a minute ago he told you not to worry about manners and yet you were apologizing to him.

 

"Manners.." He said before entering Kai's kitchen.

 

Kai followed Tao in the kitchen while you stood by the doors. You weren't going to disturb them.

Kai turned around and came back to you.

 

"You are not bothering." He said and took your hand in his so he can lead you to the kitchen.

 

"E-eh" your mouth went wide open. "D-did you just read m-my mind?" You questioned him.

He just chuckled and pulled you with him.

 

 

You entered the kitchen with Kai. It was modern but it had an old touch to it. The cupboards were old, chestnut coloured but their look was quite unique and modern. The cooking utensils were matte silver with golden decals. Althought the fridge was small, it could contain enough food for months. And the stove was neatly cleaned. The walls were painted in wine red and the floor was black with small white spots all over it. The whole place got you thinking how could he live so normally in an apocalyptic scene like this?



 

"Food? You don't have any either?" Tao whined.

 

"Nope." Kai replied "We need to go hunting, I'm low on bullets though." A deep sigh escaped from his lips.

 

"Aww but I didn't have anything at home so I hoped you have some snacks." Tao replied, nudging him in the ribs.

 

Your stomach churned and both of them turned their heads to you, questioningly.

 

"Ew, _____ did you just fart?" Tao started laughing.

 

"Uh, no.. that was my stomach, I'm just hungry." Your cheeks turned red from embarrassment.

 

"I told you. We have to go hunting, right now." Kai butted into the conversation.

 

You just held your stomach and and nodded.

 

"I don't know how to hunt..." You stated.

 

"You what?" Tao shrieked and covered his mouth with his hand like a diva.

 

"S-sorry..." Your head hung low from all the humiliation.

 

"M-my family was killed yesterday. Until then I just lived a n-normal life, with my mom and dad. I only killed o-one of Them." Your words stumbled across your mouth. You weren't strong enough to tell them what exactly happened.

 

Kai and Tao looked at you questioningly. Sadness and sympathy was shown in their eyes as they watched you struggle finding the right words to express your pain. They didn't know what to say.

 

Your eyes watered and you felt like crying. So much happened in the past few days, you could have just killed yourself. But you wouldn't let yourself die the same way your parents did. You swore to avenge them, and redeem your honour.

Tears stained your cheeks as the salty water traced the outlines of your eyes. Even though you were only __ (your age) years old, you promised to give your best for the sake of others.

 

Kai and Tao looked at eachother while you were busy wiping your eyes which were now full with tears. Tao nodded at Kai and stepped closer to you. He pulled you in a tight hug and wrapped his arms around you.

 

"_____-ah, I know I might just met you and I always seem like I don't care. But...I lost my parents to this as well. And so did Kai. We know how you feel and since you are with us now, you have nothing to worry about...we went through the same thing and...we will be your family."

 

He your hair with his right hand, while his left hand was patting your back comfortingly.

 

"Please don't think about it. They are at a better place now, it was better for them to die than to keep living in a filthy world like this." Kai added

.

"Wait until you meet the others. We're a big family. Although none of us are blood relatedy we get along really well." Tao spoke.

 

You hugged him back and cried into his chest.

 

You choked out: "T-thank yo-u.."

 

Your sobs were preventing you from speaking normally and expressing you thoughts, but deep inside you were really happy. You were happy that now, you had a new family.

________________________________________________________________

Yaaah you guys! This is the (overjoyed) author speaking! 
I really wanted to thank you for over 20 subbies and almost 300 views in the past few chapters!
Please keep supporting me by Commenting (Because I read and reply to all comments), Upvoting (Because it means ALOT to me, seeing people that like my story) and most importantly Subscribing (Because it shows me that there are people who are waiting for me to update soon, more subbies, faster updates).

Again thank you so much guys!