The Escape

Tricking Death

 

"MOM! DAD!" You yelled from the top of your lungs, but it was no use. You have never been a child that was easily scared...until now.

 

"RUN _____! RUN! Save yourself...." Were your mother's last words to you, before she was pulled into the swarm of them along with your father.

 

"Mom...I'll-I'll avenge you..I promise, someday!!" You sobbed in fear.

 

You always obeyed your mother's words, and you never failed her. So this shouldn't be an exception. You stood up, your legs were weak and shaking as well as the rest of your body. You had to get to the back doors of the house because it was the only exit, but tears kept clouding your vision and it was hard to see. You furiously wiped the tears and ran towards the doors. When you finally reached the doors you turned the knob and pulled. ...The doors were not opening.

 

"This can't be happening...No...No!!" You thought to yourself.

 

Your furious slamming on the door had no effect. You had to get the key, or else, death would get you and you knew it. However the key was located right near the place where they ate- no, KILLED your family, right where your parents sacrificed their lives so you could be saved.

And before you could think more your feet reacted on their own and moved to get you to the key. You reached the place and quickly grabbed the key.

 

Headed towards the door, you reached for the knob... but something stopped you, something was holding your leg and you couldn't move. You knew what it was, hell you knew very well. You turned around and saw It. There it was, death, right before your eyes. It was so hideous, so fearful that the bare sight of it could make you drop cold on the floor. It's flesh was rotting, limbs twisting, hair falling and eyes clouding white like the clouds that were once scattered across the sky, before all of this happened. You had to react as fast as you could. You gripped the key in your hand even tighter and jammed it into the creature's skull causing It's head to crack open.

 

You watched zombie movies when you were little, and you were sure that a blow to the head would kill them because the virus only kept their brain alive- and so it did. The key killed the creature. You un-jammed the key from It's head and ran to the door, unlocking it and revealing the backyard (which was in this case, freedom for you).

 

You shut the door and locked it so they couldn't get to you. As soon as you were safe you took a deep breath and looked up to the sky.

"It's going to rain soon." You mumbled to yourself. The air wasn't even so clean anymore, the virus polluted it, it wasn't contagious through the air but they reeked so bad you could smell it from miles away.

 

You had to find a shelter as near to you as possible, and fast. You looked around yourself and you immediately brightened after seeing an old abandoned building which, surprisingly, looked like a good shelter. That building was your next destination.