Chapter 2

Can't Help Loving You

Hey, look at this! Two updates in one day (this will probably never happen again)! Thanks to everyone who already commented and subscribed! It seriously means a lot to me. Please enjoy this next chapter!


Jessica Jung and Kwon Yuri stood in the corner of the latter’s kitchen watching the tomboy who was sitting at the kitchen table with worried eyes. Yuri’s arms were crossed as she leaned her kitchen counter and she studied the younger girl, while the older Jung stood just in front of her girlfriend, slightly leaning against the taller girl, hands on her slender hips. The lovers turned to each other with furrowed eyebrows. After another round of passionate , the two women were disturbed from their peaceful slumber when the young tomboy appeared at the apartment door once again. No words were exchanged as the youngest woman walked into the apartment uninvited and plopped herself down at her friend’s kitchen table.

            The two of them didn’t ask any questions, but figured it had something to do with the younger Jung, which made Jessica worry even more, and she figured Yuri had the same idea.

Pulling her beloved IPhone from her pocket, the older woman turned to her girlfriend, a small, sad smile on her face, “I’m going to go call Krystal,” she told her, quickly kissing her cheek and then walking out of the room.

Yuri stayed where she was for a few more moments, watching her friend who hadn’t moved from her position at the kitchen table. Finally making up her mind, she made her way towards the tomboy and took a seat next to her, but didn’t say anything, waiting for Amber to make the first move. Realizing that the other was making no attempt to talk, Yuri sighed, “Come on, Amber. You got to tell me what’s going on.”

Amber lifted her head slightly, but enough for Yuri to notice her friend’s reddened eyes, “I screwed up, Yul.”

    Yuri raised a worried eyebrow, thinking the worst, “What are you talking about?”

    Reaching up, Amber combed her short, strawberry blonde bangs back with her fingers, for them to just fall back in place. She closed her eyes tightly, stopping the tears that were threatening to fall, “She ended it,” she paused before repeating herself, “Krystal broke up with me.”

    Yuri’s eyes widened, “Oh man, Am,” she started, then nervously looked around for Jessica. The tanned woman had never been particularly good at comforting people, “I don’t think you did anything wrong,” she said and placed her hand on Amber’s shoulder, “You know?”

    “But I still love her, Yuri.”

    Sighing once again, Yuri nodded in understanding, “I know, Amber,” she moved her hand, rubbing her friend’s shoulder, giving her a smile, “and Krystal still loves you too.”

    Amber scoffed, making quick eye contact with Yuri, “How can you be so sure?”

    “I just know,” Yuri answered plainly, “Love doesn’t disappear. I’m pretty sure it’s always there, but sometimes there’s other emotions that cloud love, things that get in the way, which brings on the confusion, which is what causes the second guessing,” she paused realizing that she was getting off track, “My point is… Krystal will never stop loving you and you won’t stop loving her, it’s as simple as that.”

    At some point in the conversation, Amber had given Yuri a confused look, but wiped it off her face by the time Yuri was finished, “Wow, Yul,” a small smile appeared on the younger woman’s face, despite her still reddened eyes, “that was deep.”

    The dark haired woman blushed slightly, “Yah! I was just trying to help,” she finished sheepishly.

    “I know,” Amber chuckled slightly, “Thanks, Yul. Really,” she stood up, “But I’ll be in the guest room,” she frowned sadly, “I still have to… cool down.”

    Yuri blinked, “Y-yeah man. I understand,” she stood up as well, “Make yourself at home.”

    Nodding once again, Amber walked by Yuri without another word and made her way to her friend’s spare bedroom, tears falling down her face once again.


    Yuri had sat herself down on her couch after Amber had left the room. She sat with her legs slightly opened, elbows propped up by them and face in her hands as she waited for her girlfriend to return from her phone call. Yuri had never imagined that the breakup would happen. They were so in love. Everyone around them had seen it, so why? the tanned girl thought, Why? Everything had been going so well, right?

    Sighing in annoyance, Yuri ruffled her own hair, Why can’t this just be easy? Lost in her thoughts, Yuri hadn’t felt the pressure on the couch as someone sat down next to her, but she had felt the head lie against her shoulder. She lifted her own head from her hands and shot a small smile in her girlfriend’s direction, “How’d it go?”

    Jessica sighed, burrowing her head farther into Yuri’s shoulder, “Krystal’s a mess. She could barely make out a sentence before breaking down in sobs.”

    Yuri nodded, “Amber was a mess too, but I think she was either too shocked or too stubborn to actually cry, but it had looked like she had been before she ended up here.” Neither of them spoke for quite sometime before Yuri started up again, “Did Krystal say why?”

    She felt Jessica shake her head against her shoulder, “She wasn’t really saying much. It was mostly sobs,” she sighed again, “I’ll probably go over there in a little bit.”

    Yuri leaned back against the couch, causing Jessica to get comfortable once again resting her head on Yuri’s shoulder and curling up next to her girlfriend’s body. Yuri, in turn, wrapped her arm around Sica, rubbing small circles into her shoulder. The two women sat in a comfortable silence as they lied in each other’s arms.

    “Sica-yah?”

    “Hmm?”

    “I love you.”

    Jessica lifted her head from her girlfriend’s shoulder and looked deeply into Yuri’s chocolate eyes, searching for something, “Yuri?” she whispered softly.

In response Yuri smiled genuinely.

Suddenly feeling a wave of emotion, Jessica leaned forward and planted her lips firmly on Yuri’s, catching the younger woman off guard, but after recovering from the initial shock, she kissed back with the same passion. Pulling away, Jessica kept her hand on Yuri’s neck, gently with her thumb, “I love you, Yuri.”

    A goofy smile appeared on the tanned face and she leaned in to kiss her girlfriend’s sweet lips once again, “I love you,” she mumbled against against Jessica’s mouth.

    Jessica pulled away smiling, “I love you.”

    Holding Jessica hands in her own,Yuri leaned in and kissed her again, it was short, but the younger woman made sure to pour her feelings into the kiss, “I’m in love with you, Sica.”

    Jessica leaned in once more, but instead of going in for a kiss, she wrapped her arms tightly around Yuri’s neck for a hug and buried her head into the crook of her girlfriend’s neck, “I’m in love with you, Seobang.”

    Yuri returned the hug and breathed in, taking in Jessica’s sent and holding her close to her own body. The two girls stayed in each other’s arms and just relaxed in the calm, comfortable silence.

    Pulling away slowly and reluctantly, Jessica sighed sadly, but kept the smile on her face, “I should probably get going.”

    Yuri playfully pouted, “Do you have to go?”

    The older woman playfully smacked Yuri on the shoulder as her kkhab side started showing, “Yes, Yuri. My sister needs me.” She stood and made her way to the door to slip her shoes on. Yuri followed but continued to pout, causing Jessica to roll her eyes, but she still pecked her girlfriend’s lips, “I’ll be back later on, okay? After Krystal calms down. I’ll text you.”

    The tanned girl nodded and leaned in for one last kiss, which was returned, “Love you,” she smiled against the shorter girl’s mouth.

    “Love you,” Jessica returned and turned and opened the door, walking out of the apartment after smiling one last time you her girlfriend.

    After the older woman left, Yuri leaned against the doorframe with a smile, “Man, I am so whipped.”  Planting herself back on the couch, Yuri pulled out her cellphone, quickly sifting through her contacts until she landed on the one she was looking for: Kim Taeyeon.

              Clicking the call button, Yuri held the phone to her ear as she listened to the ringing, waiting for the other woman to pick up the phone. The phone rang five times and Yuri became impatient, but eventually, the other woman picked up the phone, "Hello?" a very annoyed asked through the phone.

           "Taeyeon!" Yuri called out as her greeting.

          There was a scoff on the other line, "What do you want, Yuri?" There was a pause before she continued, lowering the volume of her voice, "I'm kind of in the middle of something."

          Yuri smirked, "Hi, Fany!" She greeted the other girl who she knew was in the room as well.

          The was a quiet, annoyed, "Hello, Yuri," from Tiffany, which proved Yuri's assumption of what -- or who Taeyeon had been busy with.

          "What is it Yuri?" Taeyeon interrupted.

          "I'm bored."

          "I don't care." Taeyeon answered, "Call Jessica."

          "But she's with Krystal," Yuri whined.

          "Bye, Yuri," the older girl went to hang up.

          Yuri panicked, "No! Wait!"

          "Yuri, I swear to God this better be good."

          "Well," Yuri started, her smirk dropping as well as her voice, "I was wondering if you wanted to come over and maybe help me cheer Amber up.”

    “Why? What’s wrong with Amber?” Taeyeon asked her friend.

    Yuri held the phone closer to her ear, holding it with two hands, and lowered her voice, “Amber and Krystal broke up this morning.”

    There was a pause on the other line as if Taeyeon was trying to figure out what she had said, but her ignorance was quickly dropped, “What?!”

    “What do you mean?! What happened?” Tiffany asked in disbelief.

    “I’d rather not explain this over the phone, guys,” Yuri told them, “But, long story short, Amber was over here last night because Krystal kicked her out and when Amber went back home this morning, Krystal broke it off, and Am ended up back here at my place,”  she stopped to let the two take her explanation in, “So Jessica went to go talk to Krystal and I tried my best with Amber, but now she’s locked herself up in the extra room I’ve got.”

    “I can’t believe this,” Tiffany said softly, “They were so happy together.”

    “Yeah, I know…” she started, “But we can’t just have Amber cooped up in that room forever.”

    “We’ll be over eventually,” Taeyeon sighed.

    Despite their conversation, Yuri smirked, “Yeah, guys. Take all the time you need. Unless I killed the mood.”

    “Shut up,Yul,” the oldest girl mumbled while her girlfriend giggled.

    “Don’t worry Yuri. It won’t take that long to get back in the mood,” Tiffany started, “Taeyeon’s amazing with her hands.”

    Yuri chuckled, “Whoa! Way too much information, Fany! The last thing I need to hear about is how great Taeyeon is in bed.”

    Tiffany giggled again, “Bye, Yuri.”

    “See you later.”

    The dark haired girl hung up her cellphone with a small smirk on her face, but was pulled from her thoughts when there was a fast, hard knock on her apartment door, “Yo! Yul!”

    Rolling her eyes at the enthusiastic voice, she called back, “Door’s open, Hyo!”

    Her door swung opened to reveal the short blonde woman with a six pack of beer in her hand and two other women in tow, “The party is here!” From beside her, Sunny rolled her eyes, while Sooyoung smirked at their friend’s antics.

    Yuri smiled, “Hey, guys,” she stood from her spot on the couch and stuck her hands in her jean pockets, “What are you doing here?”

    Sunny walked passed Yuri and plopped herself down on the latter’s couch, “Hyoyeon thought that today would he a great day to let loose and drink,” she sighed, “and I agreed.”

    “Well, I figured,” Yuri started, “But why here?”

    Hyoyeon had already opened a beer and slung her arm around Yuri, “‘Cuz your place is nice, you know?” She took a sip from her beer, “And you have that awesome sound system, so we thought that your place was the place to go.”

    Sooyoung had grabbed a two beers from the case where Hyoyeon had left them on the kitchen table. She sat down on the couch next to Sunny and handed her one, receiving a cute, little eye smile, which caused Sooyoung to turn her head and blush slightly.

    “Okay…?” Yuri answered uncertainly.

    Hyoyeon pulled away from the blonde, “What are we waiting for? Get Tae and Fany over here! And what about Yoona? I haven’t seen her in awhile! Seobb too! And where’s Jessica? I thought she’d be here…” she seemed to lose her train of thought, but I quickly came back to her, “Ooh! And while you’re at it, call Amber and Krystal too!”

    “Whoa, Hyo,” Yuri stuck her hands out in front of her in a stopping motion, “Slow down, man. Taeyeon and Tiffany should be here soon. They had some stuff to take care of. I’ll see if I can get Yoona and Seohyun over here,” she paused to take a breath, “Jessica is busy with Krystal right now and I don’t know when she’ll be free again.”

    “Okay. What about Ambro?”

    Yuri sighed, “Amber’s having kind of a hard time right now, so we should probably just leave her be.”

    Sooyoung looked over the back of the couch at Yuri, “Why? What’s wrong?”

    Once again Yuri sighed and brought the three of them closer to her, “Krystal broke up with her,” she told them, just above a whisper.

    The other three girl’s eyes widened, but Sunny was the first to speak up, “What?!”

    Yuri frowned, “There’s really nothing other than that. There was no explanation or anything.”

    “Where is she now?” Sooyoung asked.

    Yuri motioned to her guest bedroom.

    “Well, why didn’t you just say so?” Hyoyeon asked as she made her way to the extra bedroom, “We can cheer her up, right? I mean, we’ve got beer!”

    “Hyo,” Yuri called, cautiously, “I don’t think that’s a very good idea. I think she just needs to be alone.”

Hyoyeon waved it off, “Nonsense, Yul. I’ve got this.”


Amber had peacefully dozed off in a much needed slumber after she had locked herself up within the walls of Yuri’s guest bedroom, trying to block out all of her problems. She honestly didn’t know why Krystal had broken up with her. The tomboy thought that besides the occasional boot out the front door, they had been going strong. Even if she hadn’t known the reason for the break up, she was still willing to fix it, and the thought of not knowing was tearing her up inside.

She had been woken up by the sound of slamming doors and a loud voice, but had ignored it until the slamming doors and loud voice made its way to her, “Amber, my man! What’s going on?”

Sitting up from the bed, Amber rubbed her eyes, trying to clear both her vision and her tears, “Hyoyeon? What… what are you doing here?”

Smiling widely, the short blonde made her way to Amber’s bed side and pulled her up, “I’m here for a good time!” She stated happily as she dragged Amber out of the room, “Come out and party with us!”

“Actually,” Amber started, “I’m okay in here, you know?”

Hyoyeon patted her back, “I do know. And I think you just need to let loose and drink a couple beers, ya know? You’ve gotta forget about her at some point, yeah? So why not start now?”

“But I don’t want to forget about her,” Amber mumbled, but it went unnoticed by the older girl.

After successfully dragging Amber out of the room, she sat Amber down next to Yuri on a separate couch from Sooyoung and Sunny and handed her a beer, which Amber took reluctantly, but didn’t drink from it.

“Hey, Am,” Sunny greeted with a smile, while Sooyoung gave a small wave as well as a smile.

“Hey, guys,” Amber greeted back, her voice hoarse.

Yuri nudged her from next to her, “You okay?” she asked quietly, eyebrows furrowed worriedly.

Amber frowned, but decided to be honest, “No, not really.”

“You don’t have to listen to Hyo, you know. You can go back in there.”

The tomboy shook her head, “Nah,” she gave a small smile and looked down at her hand, which were still holding the beer, “Maybe being around you guys will help.”

Yuri smiled.

Hyoyeon suddenly shot from her spot next to Sooyoung and Sunny, “I have a great idea!”

Yuri had an amused smile on her face as she leaned back into the couch cushions, “This is gonna be good,” she mumbled to mostly herself, but Amber had heard and let out a soft chuckle.

After setting her beer down on Yuri’s coffee table, she paused for dramatic effect as the rest of her friends watched on with amused expressions, “Let’s go clubbing!”

Sunny let out an exasperated sigh, “Seriously, Hyo? We just got here.”

“So? The night is still young my friend,” she stated as she slipped her shoes on, “Yo, Yul. Text Taeyeon and tell her we had a change of plans.”

            With that, the blonde party animal was out the door, ready to, well… party.


I hope you all enjoyed and I will cotinue to try my best to get these chapters written and uploaded quickly. stellarose_ will make sure to remind me (she started reminding me even before I finished writting this chapter). Please feel free to correct any mistakes and please comment!

-- PJatO98