Chapter 6

Can't Help Loving You

I'm not even going to bother to make excuses. I at updating. End of story. I hope you enjoy!


Amber had been surprised when Victoria left the party early.

The group of girls had been sitting around Yuri’s living room, drinks in hand as they tried to ignore Taeyeon and Tiffany’s drunken make out session. Surprisingly that hadn’t scared Victoria off. She just smiled and talked along with the rest of them as if she had been friends with them for years.

At one point she had taken a liking to playful flirting with Amber, who tried her best to not turn to a blushy mush. It did help that Jessica had been staring at Amber, flames in her eyes, all night.

It had been around eight o’clock when Victoria glanced down at her phone, sent out a quick text and stood up. Amber looked up at her from her spot on the couch, eyebrows furrowed, confused, “What’s up? What’s wrong?” she asked.

The older woman smiled, “Nothing’s wrong. I do have to go though.”

There was a collective groan from everyone in the room out of disappointment (minus TaeNySic). Hyoyeon stood and walked over to the ravenette, not before drunkenly tripping over her own feet, and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, “But you can’t go yet! The party hasn’t even started!”

Victoria giggled, “Sorry guys. I have to be somewhere super early tomorrow and there’s no way I’ll be able to function if I don’t get enough sleep.” Hyoyeon made a pouty face, but Victoria just giggled again and patted her on the head, “I’ll see you soon, Hyoyeon, remember? We work together now.”

            “Oh yeah,” the blonde whispered before turning and flopping herself down on the couch where she had previously been seated.

            Seohyun offered a small smile and a wave to Victoria, “It was nice meeting you, unnie.”

            “You too,” Victoria returned.

            They all exchanged goodbyes with each other when Amber stood, “I’ll walk you out.”

            The two made their way to the door and Victoria slipped her shoes on as Amber shyly watched on before awkwardly speaking up, “Thanks for coming.”

            “Oh!” Victoria shot her a wide smile, “Thanks for having me! It was fun.” She briefly paused before continuing, “Your friends are…”

            “Weird,” Amber interrupted, “Obnoxious. Inappropriate,” she looked back at Taeyeon and Tiffany, the couple still making out. Victoria followed her gaze, “Rude.”

            The taller woman giggled, “I was going to say welcoming.”

            The tomboy let out a low chuckle, “It’s one of their more redeeming qualities.”

            “You love them though. I can tell.”

            Amber looked down at the floor shyly, “Yeah, I do,” she looked back up at Victoria and shrugged, “I don’t know what I would do without them.”

            Victoria smiled at the confession, but it was a sad smile, “I know how you feel.”

            Amber smiled widely, “I’d like to meet your friends too one day. I mean… if that’s, you know, okay.”

            The older woman’s eyes widened, “Uh… we’ll see,” she answered nervously, “I really do have to go though. Thanks again, Amber.” Without thinking, she planted a quick kiss to Amber’s cheek, quickly turned towards the door and rushed out.

            Amber’s face heated up in a deep blush, “Bye,” she whispered to the closed door.


            Victoria leaned against the outside of the closed door as she quickly checked her unopened text message:

            From Luna:

                        Where r u?

            Victoria quickly typed a reply before rushing off down the hall to the elevator:

            To Luna:

                        Sorry. I’ll be there soon.

            She clicked the button to the first floor in the elevator and impatiently tapped her foot as it started to descend. Just as the elevator doors opened to the ground floor, her phone vibrated. She unlocked it.

            From Luna:

 Hurry up. Ssul is waiting.

            She didn’t bother to reply, but she hurried out of the building to her car.


            Amber had rejoined her friends in the living room. Jessica had stopped glaring at her thanks to Tiffany, who had taken to talking with her, her and Taeyeon finally done swapping saliva. Seohyun sat on the very edge of the couch she was sharing with Yoona, who had resided on the opposite end of the couch, giving enough space to Taeyeon who resided in between them chatting up Seohyun. Yoona was gleefully leaning over the arm of the couch sipping beer and talking to Sooyoung and Sunny. Sooyoung had rummaged through Yuri’s refrigerator and had placed a whopping amount of food on the coffee table that sat in front of her. Both her and Yoona ate greedily as Sunny watched on half disgusted, half amused. Yuri was seated on the floor leaning against the couch in which Jessica was seated in as the older woman gently rubbed her scalp. The tanned girl was content as she talked to Amber and Hyoyeon.

At one point Jessica stood, excusing herself from the group as she answered her cellphone. Yuri pouted briefly before sipping her beer and turning towards Taeyeon who was teasing Seohyun, a deep blush sporting the younger woman’s face. Yuri got closer to the two of them and sat in front of Taeyeon instead who turned to her with a playful grin. Yuri returned a lopsided grin.

“Come on, Joohyun, you can tell us,” Taeyeon was telling the girl, “I just want to know it it was, you know, in case we have to beat someone up at one point for hurting you.”

“U-unnie,” Seohyun stuttered, blush not fading from her face, “I’m not seeing anyone.”

“But I heard them on the phone the other day!”

Yuri frowned, looking at Seohyun, “You’re dating someone?”

“No!” Seohyun shot back.

Yuri stood and threw her arms around the younger girl, “Why didn’t you tell us?”

“Because I’m not!” Seohyun shrugged the girl off of her, “Can we please drop it, unnies?”

Taeyeon sighed, “Fine, fine. But you would tell us if you were, right? We’re just looking out for our Seobb.”

Seohyun nodded, “Thank you.”

From the opposite side of the couch Yoona let out the breath she was holding. It went unnoticed, but was mistaken as a sigh by Sooyoung, “You okay?”

“Huh?” Yoona blinked, “Oh! Yeah I’m fine!” She thought of an excuse, “I just uh… finished my beer! I’ll be right back,” she hopped up off the couch and made her way into the kitchen to grab another drink. Sooyoung watched her go before shrugging it off.

Sunny on the other hand, averted her eyes from Yoona’s form in the kitchen to Seohyun and then back to Yoona. Like Sooyoung, she shrugged and kept her thoughts to herself.

Jessica made her way back into the living room. Yuri looked at her curiously before standing up and making her way to her girlfriend. She wrapped her arms around her waist and planted a kiss on the corner of Jessica’s mouth. The older girl smiled.

She leaned into Yuri, “It was Soojung,” she whispered.

“Hmm?” Yuri raised an eyebrow, “What did she want?”

“She wanted to talk. She wanted to go over to my place, but I told her I was over here,” Jessica leaned up to plant a brief kiss on Yuri’s lips.

“Oh,” Yuri frowned, “That was it?”

Jessica shook her head and sat down on couch she had previously been sitting on. She pulled her girlfriend along with her and leaned her head against Yuri’s shoulder, “I told her to come over here.”

Yuri nodded, but then paused and thought about what the other girl had said, “Wait… You told her to come here?”

“Yes.” Jessica answered simply.

“But…”

“I don’t care.”

“B-but…”

“I said I don’t care. They broke up. So what? Just because it didn’t work out doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to see my sister when I want.”

Yuri sighed, “Yeah, I guess your right.”

“I know I’m right,” she smirked before glaring at Amber, who was talking with Hyoyeon, “I think Amber’s already over my sister anyways. Not saying that Krystal isn’t but…”

“Oh, come on, Sica,” Yuri frowned, “Her and Victoria only met the other day.”

“Oh, by the way Yuri,” Sunny spoke up. Not only had she gotten Yuri’s attention, but everyone else’s as well, “I’m just curious, but, Victoria… she was the stripper from that club, right?”

Everyone’s eyes widened.

“I mean, I figured since we were the only two actually paying attention to what was going on you would at least know.”

Jessica crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows, turning towards her girlfriend.

Yuri swallowed nervously, “Uh…”

“You know, Soonkyu, now that you mention it, she did look pretty familiar to me, but I couldn’t figure it out,” Taeyeon realized. Tiffany elbowed her in the stomach, “Ow! What?”

Yoona looked around at everyone in the room, “I’m really confused right now. You guys went to a strip club?”

Sooyoung pointed an accusing finger at Hyoyeon, “It was her idea!”

“Hey! I don’t remember anything, so you can just leave me out of this,” the blonde defended herself.

Jessica looked at Amber, “Well I sure as hell hope you know about this.”

Amber nodded slowly, “Yeah.”

Jessica raised an eyebrow.

“I asked her.”

Yuri’s eyes widened, “You what?!”

“Well… not really. I mentioned it,” Amber told them trying her best to remember their conversation, “She said she doesn’t like to talk about it.”

“Wait, hold on a second,” Yoona interrupted, “So… Victoria is a stripper.”

The group nodded slowly.

“Yul, you had a stripper in your house,” Yoona continued.

“Yeah… Yoong, what…?”

Yoona stood up, “We had great potential for a party! You just let her go?!”

Yuri face palmed, “You’re kidding me. You actually think I would’ve had her do something? Amber just said she doesn’t like to talk about it.”

Seohyun had stayed quiet for the whole conversation, “Maybe she has a legitimate reason for it.”

The room quieted down when the buzzer by the door went off. Yuri made her way to the door, quickly looked into the peep hole, and then opened it up. The younger Jung stood in the doorway, “Hey Krys,” they leaned in for a quick hug before pulling back, “Come on in.”

“Thanks, Yuri,” Krystal offered her a small. The older woman led the blonde into the living room where the group was still lounging.

Jessica stood with a large smile on her face when she saw her sister, “Soojung,” she pulled the girl into a big hug.

“Hey, Sooyeonnie,” Krystal hugged her sister back tightly. When they pulled back from their hug, Krystal greeted the rest of the room. They all returned her greeting with waves and smiles. Except Amber.

The tomboy made panicked eye contact with Yuri, who just shook her head silently telling Amber to drop it.

Yuri handed Krystal a beer. The younger woman took it with a smile.

Amber looked at her own drink before downing the rest in one gulp. If Krystal was going to stick around, there was no way Amber was dealing with her sober.

She stood and made her way to the kitchen to get another drink. Krystal watched her as she went. She leaned over to Jessica, “I’ll be right back.” Jessica furrowed her brows, but nodded neverless. Krystal stood and followed the tomboy to the kitchen.

Amber grabbed another beer from the refrigerator and closed it, turning and jumped back when Krystal stood in front of her, “What the hell!” she shouted, startled.Krystal had an amused smile on her face, “Sorry,” she apologized, almost sadly, “I didn’t mean to scare you.”

Sighing, Amber stood up straight, “What do you want?” It came out harsher than she had intended it too.

“I don’t want things to be awkward between us, Amber,” she answered.

Amber scoffed.

“I broke up with you.”

“Thanks for reminding me, Krys, I really needed that,” she sarcastically shot back.

“It doesn’t mean we have to avoid each other for the rest of our lives. We have the same friends, so it’d be pretty hard to do anyways,” Krystal continued, ignoring the other girl’s comment.

“Why’d you come here?” Amber asked.

Krystal rolled her eyes, ”My sister invited me.”

Again, Amber scoffed, “Maybe that’s it. She hasn’t been too pleased with me anyways.”

“It’s not like I didn’t know you’d be here, Stupid. You do live here,” the younger girl stated

matter of factly. Amber couldn’t help but smile at her old nickname. It was Krystal’s way of being endearing. Krystal took a long sip of her own drink, “Now can we please just forget about us for tonight and enjoy ourselves? I really need this.”

            Amber smiled, “Yeah.”

            The two of them returned back to the living room.


            “It’s about time you got here. Gosh, Victoria, I didn’t think you’d ever make it.”

            Victoria smiled sadly, “Sorry, Luna.” The two hugged, “Why are you out here? Why aren’t you with Sulli?”

            Luna shrugged, “She told me to come out here and wait for you.”

            Victoria smiled, “Well let’s go then. We shouldn’t keep her waiting. Plus, I brought her her favorite,” she added, holding up a small bag.

            The two of them waved to the receptionists as they passed them on their way to the elevator. Once they situated themselves, Luna clicked the button to the third floor.

            “Where were you anyways?” Luna asked as they waited, “I mean you were supposed to be here at like 45 minutes ago.”

            Victoria smiled apologetically, “One of my new coworkers invited me over her house. She ended up inviting a couple other friends over and I lost track of time. Sorry.”

            Luna chuckled as the doors opened, “It’s not me you should apologizing to.”

            They made their way down the hall passing the nurses station and waved at the woman behind the counter. They entered the room with the plaque “315: Choi Jinri”.

            “Sulli?” Victoria softly called out as her and Luna walked inside.

            Sulli turned towards the voice and smiled widely once she saw who it was, “Unnie!”

            Victoria smiled as well and made her way to the girl’s bed and hugged her, “I’m sorry I’m late Jinri,” she apologized.

            Sulli shook her head, “Don’t be sorry, Vic-unnie. I knew you’d get here eventually. You always do.”

            Victoria pulled away with a smile, “You bet I do.” She handed the paper bag to Sulli, “I brought your favorite.”

            If possible, the younger girl’s smile grew, “Thank you, Unnie.”

            Luna nudged Victoria, “It’s not good to spoil her you know.”

            Victoria rolled her eyes and Sulli giggled, as she took a small bite out of the pastry that Victoria brought her, “You do it too!”

            Luna chuckled and rubbed the back of her neck, “Yeah, yeah, I know I do.”

            Victoria and Luna sat in the chairs next to Sulli’s bed and watched as she ate. A comfortable silence set in.

            “How are you doing?” Victoria asked the girl, after she finished eating.

            “Good,” she paused, briefly thinking before turning towards the older woman, “The doctors say I’m doing really well too,” she told them with a proud smile.

            “That’s good.”

            They continued to talk for what felt like hours, Sulli’s hand resting in Victoria’s. Luna noticed the younger girl start to doze off, “Hey, Ssul, if you’re tired go to sleep. No need to stay awake just because we’re here.”

            Sulli frowned, “But I want to stay up with you guys,” she told them sadly.

            Victoria smiled softly, “We’re not going anywhere. We’ll be right here when you wake up okay, sweetie?” She leaned over and placed a soft kiss on Sulli’s forehead, “You get some sleep, okay? Goodnight.” She tucked the girl in as Luna kissed her forward as well, “We love you.”

            Sulli nodded, her eyes already closed, “Love you too.”

            The two of them stood there in silence and watched her, content smiles on their faces, before they started to rearrange the couch to pull out the bed that they slept on. When they were done, Luna grabbed the extra pillows and blankets from the closet and set them done. She worriedly glanced at Victoria as they changed into the spare clothes that they kept in the hospital room, “Vic?” she called softly.

            “Hmm?” Victoria acknowledged the other woman.

            “Did you…?”

            The older woman nodded, “Yeah. Yeah I did. I’ll get it paid.”

            Luna nodded slowly, relieved as they laid down in the bed. They each took a second to get comfortable before Luna curled up next to Victoria and in turn the ravenette wrapped her arms around the younger girl and pulled her closer, “Get some sleep, okay?” She kissed the top of the other girl’s head, “I love you.”

            “I love you too.”


What did you think? I promised Sulli and Luna would appear eventually and here they are! Yay! Please leave a comment and give me some feedback. I love you guys! 

-- PJatO98