Chapter 4

Can't Help Loving You

Hey guys! It's been awhile, hasn't it? Sorry about this... I had really a really long couple of weeks and was completely beat by the end of them, so I spologize. But I'm back with another chapter, which fyi, is the longest chapter I've ever written with a 3,810 word count... I tried to make it up to you guys, so I hope you enjoy.

Thank you for subscribing, commenting, and upvoting. It seriously means a lot to me.


Jessica Jung had expected to spend a wonderful Saturday afternoon with her equally wonderful girlfriend after spending the previous day with her very emotional younger sister, and after becoming emotionally tired herself, who could blame her for wanting a break? And Kwon Yuri would definitely relieve her stress. But after making the familiar commute to her girlfriend’s apartment and knocking at the penthouse door, she realized that something was very, very off.

Now, the older Jung sister wasn’t a very patient person, so after knocking once and not receiving an answer, (the fact that Yuri hadn’t come running to the door surprised her, especially because she had sent a text saying she was on her way), reached for the door knob, which Yuri usually kept open, so it wasn’t surprising when the door opened. But what was surprising was the fact that she counted seven pairs of shoes that littered the hallway that led into Yuri’s living area.

The second strange thing she noticed was an arm hanging over the back of the black leather couch. Approaching the couch and ever so cautiously peeking over the the side, Jessica was met with a mess of short blonde hair and a lithe body covered in beer cans, “Sunny?” she whispered, very confused at what was going on.

Turning from the girl passed out on couch, Jessica quickly scanned over the rest of the house, narrowing her eyes once they passed over the kitchen as they noticed a pair of legs sticking out from behind the large kitchen counter. Deciding to ignore this strange occurrence, she marched to Yuri’s bedroom door, throwing it open without knocking this time, “Kwon Yuri!” she called out loudly as she stomped to the king sized bed.

There was a bump under the bed’s covers, taking the outlined shape of a person, more specifically two bumps under the covers. Assuming the worst of why two people may be hiding under the covers, the now fuming brunette grabbed the edge of the covers and ripped them off the bodies underneath. The two bodies that didn’t include Kwon Yuri.

The two bodies that didn’t include Kwon Yuri.

The older Jung’s eyes widened and her jaw dropped open as she reverted to English, “Ohmygod, Tiffany!”

Her fellow American started to stir next to the body of her own girlfriend, letting out an annoyed cross between a grunt and a sigh. Deciding to help her friend out, as she was getting extremely impatient, she shook the brunette’s shoulder.

Tiffany opened her eyes, but quickly closed them once again as they met the bright sun that was pouring in through the large floor to ceiling window. The woman grunted once again, annoyed that she had been awoken, but opened her tired eyes once again to meet the eyes of her friend, “Jessica?”

So many questions were running through Jessica’s head, but shook her head to get rid of the not-so-important ones, “Tiff, where’s Yuri?”

Tiffany started to sit up, leaning her back against the pillow, exposing herself “Yuri? I don’t know.”

“For Heaven’s sake, put some clothes on,” Jessica stated, playfully covering her eyes.

Shaking her head at her friend’s playfulness, Tiffany looked over her side of the bed as she tried to find her clothes. Looking over Taeyeon’s side of the bed, with the same goal in mind, she found what Jessica had been looking for, “Oh, hey, Jess. There’s Yuri,” Tiffany called to her friend pointing to the ground next to her equally girlfriend.

Jessica marched over to Taeyeon’s side of the bed, straddling Yuri, as Tiffany shook Taeyeon awake. She moved her head closer to Yuri’s with a sickly sweet smile on her pretty face, “Kwon Yuri!” she yelled loudly to wake up her girlfriend, who quickly shot up from her spot curled up on the floor.

“What’s happening?” Yuri asked, panicked as she shot up, knocking the smaller woman off of her, “Oh, hey, Sica,” she greeted with a goofy smile on her face.

Jessica narrowed her eyes, “What the hell is going on here?”

Yuri furrowed her eyebrows after rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, “What do you mean?”

Rolling her eyes at her girlfriend’s cluelessness, she motioned to the bed, “First of all, babe, you slept on the floor of your own bedroom.”

Standing up, Yuri looked to her bed, finding the two woman both awake and exchanging their morning greetings. Yuri’s jaw dropped very much like her girlfriend’s had, “You two,” she pointed to her friends as they turned to look at her, “did not have in my bed!”

Taeyeon chuckled at the other woman, “Whatever helps you sleep at night, Yul.”

“Kim Taeyeon, you damn !” Yuri shot back.

The oldest girl rolled her eyes at the old news, “Look who’s talking, Yuri,” she started, a smirk appearing on her face, “I saw you looking at that stripper last night.”

Yuri felt her stomach sink.

“Stripper?” Jessica asked confused, but angrily, her voice dropping an octave as she turned to her girlfriend, crossing her arms over her chest, “What stripper?”

Chuckling nervously, Yuri defended herself, “Stripper? I don’t know what that byunTae is talking about,” she angrily glared at Taeyeon.

Raising an angry eyebrow, Jessica kept her eyes on her girlfriend, but didn’t say anything as she watched Yuri crumble under her glaring gaze.

In the corner of her eye, Yuri could see Tiffany scolding Taeyeon, “Uh,” she started, trying to save herself, “Last night,” gulp, “a little after you left, Hyo stopped by with Soo and Sunny. After a little bit, they dragged Amber and me to a club that Hyo wanted to try out.”

Jessica stopped her briefly, “Wait… Amber?”

Yuri nodded in reply and then motioned to the other two woman, “I invited Tae and Fany along with us not actually knowing where we were going… It ended up being a strip club.”

“Really now?” the older Jung sarcastically replied.

To say the least, Yuri was terrified for her life, “We had a couple drinks and things got a little crazy,” she stated motioning once again to the other two woman, “It wasn’t that big of a deal.”

At the worst possible time, Taeyeon decided to in, “Yeah, and this stripper came on stage and started performing. It was like some kind of elite solo performance and I admit that we all took a glance at her,” she stopped, contemplating whether or not that was true, “Well, except maybe Sooyoung. She was harassing the bartender.”

Tiffany also decided to add onto their small tale, seemingly defending Yuri, “We would have invited you, Jess, but Yuri said you were busy with Krystal so we didn’t want to bother you.”

“Uh-huh,” Jessica started sarcastically once again, “And you why I was so busy with Krystal?” Yuri had an “uh-oh” expression on her face, “Because I was trying to comfort my sobbing mess of a sister who is extremely emotional over her and Amber’s break-up -- who seems to be completely over my sister already, by the way, since all of you went drinking while you all watched half woman humping a metal poll!”

Yuri cautiously stepped towards her girlfriend, “Sica-baby, just calm down, okay?”

Jessica rolled her eyes, “Don’t ‘Sica-baby’ me, Kwon Yuri,” she retaliated, placing her hands on her hips, “You could have at least told me beforehand…” she whispered sadly.

“Sica…” the younger of the two softly called out as her girlfriend turned and made her way out of the room. She slightly turned to send a glare towards her byun of a friend before following her girlfriend.

After the two were out of the room, Tiffany turned to her girlfriend and elbowed her hard in the stomach. Taeyeon winced, “Ow! What was that for?”

Pabo…” Tiffany muttered, before throwing the covers off of her body, making her way around the room to pick up her clothes that were carelessly thrown around the room the previous night.

Taeyeon threw her own covers off of her body and quickly stood up from her spot on her friend’s bed as well, “Oh, come on, Fany! You’re not angry at me too!”

The younger girl turned to her girlfriend, her face softening at the adorable pout on Taeyeon’s face. She stepped closer to the older girl and placed her hands on Taeyeon’s upper arms, slowly rubbing up and down, “No, Tae-Tae,” she started softly, “I’m not mad, but seriously?”

Taeyeon smiled softly, shrugging.

Tiffany rolled her eyes, pecking Taeyeon on the lips, “You should apologize you know.”

The older woman sighed, “Yeah, yeah,” she smirked, extending her lips, asking for another kiss, “How about another kiss first?”


“Sica, wait!” Yuri called out before Jessica made it to her front door.

Jessica whirled to face her girlfriend and crossed her arms, raising an eyebrow and shrugging her shoulders as if to say, “Spit it out.

“I’m sorry,” Yuri frowned, “Look, Sica, I know you probably don’t want to hear it, but I really am sorry.”

Jessica readjusted herself, but kept her firm stance.

“I should’ve helped Amber out,” she frowned, “Or at least helped you out with Krys,” she sighed heavily, “It was stupid to go out with Hyo and them.”

Jessica’s expression softened slightly.

“I’m a ty girlfriend, okay? I’m really trying though. You’re the first real relationship I’ve really been in… and it scares the hell out of me,” she let out a breathy chuckle, “But I think the fact that I’m so in love with you scares me more. And I don’t want to screw this up.”

The older woman dropped her arms and sighed, “Yuri… the fact that I’m so in love with you scares the hell out of me too,” Jessica noticed Yuri’s frown disappear, “We both have to work hard to make this relationship work and I know you’re trying your best, and yeah, maybe you screwed up last night,” the older woman stated, stepping closer to Yuri and wrapping her arms around the taller girl’s neck, “but you are definitely not a ty girlfriend.”

Yuri smiled widely as Jessica closed the gap between the two, for a long, sweet, passionate kiss.

“Oh, god no. Stop, seriously, ew,” Sunny’s voice came from the living room.

The two woman broke apart at their friend’s request, displeased at the sudden interruption.

Sunny’s head was peaking up from over the large leather couch where she had fallen asleep the night before. Her hair was an absolute mess, but she didn’t seem to care. She stood up from her comfortable position, knocking the beer cans that had been lying over her body onto the floor, but she didn’t give them much thought. The short girl rubbed the sleep out of her eyes as she past the young couple and made her way into the kitchen, where she grabbed the milk carton from the top shelf of Yuri’s fancy, shmancy refrigerator and made her way to the other side of the kitchen, where the glasses were kept in the cupboard, tripping over Sooyoung as she went, but completely ignoring the girl as if it were a normal occurrence.

A strangled groan escaped from Sooyoung when Sunny kicked her and she stirred, then stretched before standing up and yawning, swinging an arm over Sunny’s shoulder, “G’morning, guys,” she greeted with a small smile.

There was an array of annoyed greetings in return as Taeyeon and Tiffany made their way out of Yuri’s bedroom, finally fully clothed, greeting their friends as well.

After the six friends situated themselves around Yuri’s kitchen table and after sitting in silence for a couple minutes, the shortest of the six lazily glanced around the table, “We’re missing two.”

Yuri briefly stopped the light soothing circles she was making with her thumb on Jessica’s hip to answer, “Amber’s in the guest room. I think we should just leave her alone for now.”

The others nodded before the tallest of the group spoke up, “Where’s Hyo?”

The whole table shrugged.

“She did make it back here, right?” Jessica asked, eyelids heavy from Yuri’s gentle ministrations.

Taeyeon nodded, “Yeah, I think so. I mean, I don’t see how she couldn’t have. Yuri dragged her all the way here.”

“Yeah,” Tiffany started, agreeing, but frowning, “except for the fact that she was really drunk last night. She could have wandered off her something…”

Jessica turned her head to send a glare at her girlfriend for letting something like that happen. Yuri just smiled apologetically.

Sooyoung stood up from her spot at the kitchen table clapping her hands together with a smile on her face, “Well then, we better start looking.”


The group had already searched Yuri’s whole penthouse apartment, overturning everything in sight to look for their blonde party animal, who had impossibly disappeared from the time in which they went to bed, to the following morning.

They had checked everywhere, from the bathrooms, opening the shower curtains just to be sure. They checked under every bed, including Amber’s, and while they were at it, they woke up the tomboy for help.

They checked under the coffee table, the leather couch, they even checked the linen closet located in the hallway containing the second bathroom just to be sure. It was Hyoyeon they were looking for, there was no telling where she could have gone.

After searching for a good half hour, Amber so graciously added some of her personal input, “Does she have her phone on her? Can’t we just try calling her?”

The other women glanced between one another.

Sooyoung let out an awkward chuckle, “Wow,” she stated, “Why didn’t we think of that?” she asked, rubbing the back of her neck.

Yuri pulled out her cell phone, finding Hyoyeon’s name in her contacts and clicking the “call” button. She put it on speaker and held it in the middle of the group, Jessica at her side.

The phone dialed for a second before Sunny held up her hands to shush the group, “I hear it,” she whispered softly.

After adjusting and listening closely, the other women heard the muffled ringtone, as they followed the sound as best they could. They ended up in the kitchen once again.

They all exchanged glances once again as Taeyeon stepped forward from the group and ended up in front of the refrigerator. She pulled the door open, and the ringtone was muffled no more.

Jessica frowned, crossing her arms over her chest, “That was helpful,” she stated sarcastically, annoying glancing at her sister’s ex.

Walking out of the kitchen, Taeyeon sat on the couch, pulling out her own cellphone with only one thing left in mind. The phone rang about two times before the person on the other line picked up, “Hello?”

“Hey, Seohyun,” Taeyeon greeted thoughtfully, a smile on her face. She figured Seohyun would know what to do, based on the fact that she was the most levelheaded one in the group, even if she was the youngest.

“Taeyeonnie?” the younger girl asked, her voice becoming brighter.

Taeyeon smiled wider, “Yup,” she replied as Tiffany sat down next to her, the other girls following and surrounding the oldest woman, “Sorry to bother you,” she apologized.

“Oh, no, not at all, Unnie,” Seohyun stated. There was rustling in the background, but it quickly disappeared, “Is there something wrong?”

“Is something wrong?” Taeyeon repeated, “Why are you assuming that something’s wrong? Maybe I wanted to check up on my favorite dongsaeng,” Taeyeon replied, pouting. There was a collective, “Hey!” from all the other girls.

Seohyun sighed softly with a small chuckle, “Because you usually call me when something’s wrong, Taeyeonnie,” there was a slight pause, “And wouldn’t Tiffany-unnie be your favorite dongsaeng?”

Taeyeon laughed lightly, “No, no, Seobb. That’s different,” she then changed the topic to what she had called for, “We lost Hyoyeon.”

Seohyun didn’t answer for quite sometime, but Taeyeon could just imagine her smile, but the contradicting eyebrow twitch, “What do you mean? You lost Hyoyeonnie?”

Taeyeon shrugged, but realized her friend couldn’t see her, “I don’t know. She was here last night,” she sighed, “And now she’s not.”

“Maybe she went home.”

The older girl waved her hand, “No, no. There’s no way. She was completely loaded.”

She heard Seohyun sigh loudly, “Of course she was.”

“We completely tore apart Yuri’s apartment… but she was no where to be found,” she paused before adding, “And I mean we looked everywhere.”

“If she was drunk she couldn’t have gone far. Did you check the rest of the building?”

“Uh,” Taeyeon looked around at the rest of her friends, “no?”

Seohyun sighed once again, “This is Hyoyeonnie we’re talking about. It shouldn’t be that hard.”

“Hyunnie?” Another voice butted into their conversation on the other line, “Come back to bed.”

Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows, “Seohyun? Who is that?”

Seohyun sounded nervous, but tried to laugh it off, which just made it worse, “It’s no one, Taeyeonnie,” there was a pause, and Seohyun sounded like she was shushing, “Anyways, good luck looking for Hyoyeonnie, Unnie.”

Taeyeon pulled her cellphone away from her face and stared at it before standing, clapping her hands like Sooyoung had and turned to face the other girls, “Well, guys,” she started, “looks like we get to have a scavenger hunt. Hyoyeon is the objective.”


After a good hour of searching for the blonde woman, they eventually found her passed out on the roof. Seohyun had been right: it was Hyoyeon, so it really wasn’t much of a surprise.

The eight woman had made their way back to Yuri’s penthouse.

After resting for a bit after their long hunt for their friend, Taeyeon and Tiffany made their leave first, “See you guys,” Taeyeon waved to her friends as they slipped their shoes on  at the front.

Tiffany flashed an eye smile to her friends, “Last night was fun guys,” she waved as well, “We’ll see you soon.”

Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, and Sunny followed closely, the tallest and shortest woman having to pull the other woman along with them.

Amber had retreated back into the guest room as Yuri and Jessica cuddled on the leather couch, Jessica laying comfortably on top of her girlfriend, head buried in the crook of Yuri’s neck, while Yuri had her nose buried in her girlfriend’s hair, taking in her calming scent.

The two had started to doze off, but were awoken by Amber’s movement at the front door. Yuri slightly lifted her head, “Hey,” she got Amber’s attention, “Where are you going?”

Amber’s eyes widened, not wanting to wake up the couple, “Uh… just out?”

Yuri raised an eyebrow, “Out?”

The tomboy nodded, “Yeah. Just for some fresh air."

Jessica groaned from her spot curled on top of her girlfriend. She nuzzled farther into Yuri’s neck, “Just let her go, Yuri.”

The younger woman sighed, but gave in, “Just be careful, okay?”

Amber gave a thumbs up and a smile, “You got it,” she replied and made her way out of the apartment.


The young tomboy walked through the streets of Seoul, hands shoved in her jean pockets as she jerked her head to move her bangs out of her face. She deliberately passed the club from last, but she didn’t really know why, but figured she wanted to see the girl from last night, Victoria. She stopped briefly in front of the building, staring at it before keeping on her way.

She also made a glance in the direction in which her and Krystal’s apartment was located, but ended up in a cafe on the street corner. She found a booth in the corner of the cafe by the window and placed her bag there, pulling her wallet out and making her way up to the counter. The cafe was pretty empty, but a couple people were littered around at tables and booths.

Nobody had currently been at the counter, but she waited patiently as she decided what she wanted, “I’ll be right with you!” Somebody called from the kitchen area

“No rush,” Amber replied thoughtfully, “Take your time.”

After a couple more seconds, a black haired woman came from behind the kitchen and made her way to the register, “Thanks for waiting,” she thanked, a smile on her face that showed her white teeth, “What can I get you?”

Amber hadn’t been paying attention to the woman’s words, but she was definitely paying attention to the woman herself. Her jaw had dropped once again, eyes wide, “Victoria?”

The said woman look up from the register, confused at first, but she broke out in a wider smile once she realized who it was, “Oh, Amber, right? It’s nice to see you again!” she stated thoughtfully.

“Y-yeah,” Amber stuttered, nervously, kind of surprised that Victoria had remembered her name, “What are you doing here?”

Victoria let out a hearty laugh, making Amber blush slightly, “Gorgeous”, she thought, “I work here, silly.”

Amber mentally slapped herself for asking such a stupid question, “Right…” she remembered last night, “But, yesterday-”

Victoria cut her off, placing her finger over her own lips telling her to “shush”, “Nobody knows about that. I try my best to keep that a seperate from my life.”

Amber nodded dumbly.

Victoria smiled again, “She’s cute.”

They stood in silence for second before someone cleared their throat behind the tomboy. It was a middle aged man, look annoyed and impatient.

Victoria’s eyes widened. She turned back to Amber, “What can I get you?”

Amber smiled, “I’ll have a caramel frappuccino.”

The black haired woman smiled and walked to the kitchen to make the drink as Amber pulled her wallet out. Victoria came back a minute later, drink in hand. Amber reached forward to give her the money, but was rejected, “It’s on the house,” the barista whispered, leaning somewhat close to Amber’s ear.

The tomboy swallowed, nodding dumbly once again.

“I’ll see you around, Amber,” Victoria bid the woman goodbye.

The tomboy grabbed her bag from the booth and made her way out of the cafe, waving goodbye to Victoria one more time. She made her way back onto the streets of Seoul, walking towards the calming Han River. She leaned against the fence that separated the sidewalk from the river, smile on her face and drink in hand as she took a couple sips. Amber cleared her mind as best she could, just wanting to forget about everything that happened in the last couple of days.

She looked down at her drink briefly, noticing her name written on the cup. The tomboy took a double take as she noticed writing on the other side of the cup. She turned it, noticing a series of seven numbers, “No friggin’ way.”

Amber made her way back to her friend’s penthouse, smiling widely all the way there.


Sooo... what did you guys think of this chapter? I decided to bring Victoria back quicker than I had planned... but whatever, I think it still  worked out, right? So many Yulsic and Taeny feels. I hope you guys enjoyed and hopefully I'll have the next chapter up quicker.

Please comment and give me some feedback,

PJatO98