Chapter 5

Can't Help Loving You

Hey guys!! Sorry about the wait... I feel really bad. School started up again, so I've been really stressed out about that and I've been really caught up in a bunch of stuff, so I haven't had time to do ANYTHING. It really , because I want to get this story out to all of you people because I love all of you. So, here's chapter 5! I hope you enjoy!


It had been a full day since Amber Liu had received Victoria’s number.

            She hadn’t called yet and didn’t really know if she should. She had just met the girl and it felt weird to her. Amber could still feel herself longing for Krystal even after her encounter with the black haired woman. She had loved, and still did love the blonde woman, and as much as she felt like she should try her best and move on, Krystal didn’t want her anymore, she couldn’t.

            The tomboy had wanted to ask Jessica how Krystal was, but the older Jung seemed to be pretty pissed with her, so she decided against it. Had the blonde already moved on? Had there been someone else? Or was it different? Was Krystal upset as well? Was she regretting it?

            Amber pushed all of those thoughts aside, but a small part of her kind of hoped that Krystal regretted her decision.

            She stood up from the loveseat in Yuri’s living room after she got bored with playing with her phone. She made her way into the kitchen to grab something small to snack on. She opened her friend’s refrigerator, frowning with a sigh once she noticed the contents. Yuri was such a health freak, so there was no way there would be any junk food in the house, something that Amber felt a craving for. She decided on a yogurt as well as some fig newtons and sat down at the kitchen table just as the raven haired woman came rushing out of her bedroom.

“,” she cursed, running into the kitchen and pulling a granola bar out of her pantry.

Amber turned to her friend, “What’s wrong?” she asked, eyebrows furrowed as she munched on a fig newton.

Yuri shook her head as she scrambled around her house, “I’m late for work,” she told the tomboy frantically. She made her way down the hallway to her bedroom once again, disappearing from Amber’s sight, but the younger girl heard her shout, “Sica! Hurry up!”

Yuri ran back down the hallway, grabbing a light jacket to throw over her athletic tank top and yoga pants. As she was putting on her tennis shoes, Jessica came trudging down the hall, frown on her face, wearing one of Yuri’s button up blouses tucked into the front of a pair of jeans she had left at Yuri’s.

Amber watched the couple from the table as she continued to snack. Yuri was jogging in place at the front door, while Jessica slipped her shoes on, glaring at her girlfriend for rushing her. Yuri grabbed her car keys off the counter and she opened the door, beckoning Jessica door, “I’ll be back later on, okay, Am? I’m going to drop Sica off at her house on my way to work,” she smiled before closing the door, “Hold down the fort, will ya?”

The tomboy nodded slowly as she swallowed her food, “Sure thing,” she replied, but her friend was already out the door, pulling her girlfriend along with her. Amber shook her head and let out a low chuckle.

After finishing her small snack, she glanced around the apartment trying to figure out what she could do for the rest of the day while Yuri was at work. The thought of calling some of the other girls crossed her mind, but she figured that they were all busy, working or other such things. Amber had her own job, but after the emotional stress of her break up, Yuri had called her off for a brief amount of time. She knew it wasn’t that great of an excuse, but with her job, it would have been better for her to be cheerful. She also knew that she should probably get back to working if she was going to stay with Yuri. Until she was able to find her own place of course.

She stood up and made her way to the guest room and sifted through the bag of little clothes she had brought, looking for her work uniform. Amber through her bag on the ground in frustration when she released that she had left it at her and Krystal's apartment, "Damn..." she muttered.

The tomboy frowned. There was no way she was going to call Krystal, or go over to their apartment, no matter how much she wanted too. She groaned in frustration and threw herself down on her bed. She buried her head into her pillow and dozed off to sleep, trying to forget about all her problems.


Yuri pulled the door to the dance studio open and ran into the lobby, kneeling over trying to catch her breath. Her blonde friend was leaning against the front desk, playfully smirking at the raven haired women.

Yuri shook her head, "Shut up, Hyo. I made it just in time."

Hyoyeon shook her head, chuckling softly, "Yeah, yeah. Fun night with Jessica I assume?"

The taller woman made her way to the front desk and punched in, "You know it," she smirked with a wink.

Hyoyeon stuck her tongue out in disgust.

“I see you seemed to be completely recovered after the other night,” Yuri glanced at the blonde up and down, “You’re even sunburn free after your little slumber party on the roof.”

Hyoyeon shrugged, “What can I say? I’ve gotten better at the whole ‘hangover’ thing.”

Yuri laughed, “Yeah.. definitely not,” she shook her head, “Instead you should build up a tolerance so you wouldn’t end up in random places, leaving us no choice but to call the police and report you missing.”

“But you didn’t yesterday!” the dancing queen fired back.

“No,” Yuri answered, “But we did call Seohyun.” The two women shared a hearty laugh, before Yuri realized that she had especially been running late at that point, "I'll see you later," Yuri told her friend, "I should probably get to my class now."

Hyoyeon nodded, "Yeah. Everyone is already in there," she told her friend, but then quickly remembered something, "Oh, Yul, wait!"

"Hmm?" the yoga instructor turned back towards the blonde, furrowing her eyebrows, "What is it?"

"We have a new employee," she started, "You're gonna help her out today, okay? Mentor her or something for now until we get her a class."

Yuri smiled, "Another yoga instructor?"

Hyoyeon shook her head, "Dance."

The raven head nodded slowly, "Is she here yet?"

Again, the other woman shook her head, "She should be here soon though," Hyoyeon then motioned towards the hall that led to all the hallway that led to the large practice rooms where they held their classes, “You better get moving. These are paying customers after all.”

Yuri waved before running off down the hallway. When she got to her class, she briefly looked through the glass windows and door watching them warm up before she opened the door, her own mat in hand and stepped inside to the front of the class near the wall mirror, “Hey, guys,” she greeted her class with a small wave as she unrolled her mat on the wooden floor and kneeled down on it.

There was a chorus of different greetings from all of the attendees. There were people from all ages, mostly people around the same age as Yuri though, and most of them had been regulars, “I’m a little late,” she voiced shyly, rubbing the back of her neck, “Sorry about that.” She stopped, noticing a couple smiles from some of the attendees, causing her to gently smile back, ”But I’m here now,” she stated cheerfully, “So we can start.” Yuri finished, clapping her hands together determined.

About ten minutes into her class, there was a small knock on the glass door, causing Yuri to halt in helping one of her students, a woman around her age, who Yuri figured was faking the fact that she couldn’t do the pose that the rest of the class was performing. She smiled and told the woman she’d be back and stood up, making her way towards the door. She opened it and was met with another raven haired woman as well as Hyoyeon.

“Sorry for the interruption, Yul,” Hyoyeon started, “But this is the new girl I was talking about. She got the job a couple days ago.”

Yuri turned the girl, smiling politely as she extended her hand, “Kwon Yuri,” she introduced herself, before playfully smirking, “Yoga instructor extraordinaire.”

The other woman giggled, before holding onto Yuri’s shaking it slowly, “I’m Victoria Song,” she stated, “It’s very nice to meet you, Yuri-shi.”

As the girl had been talking, Yuri had gotten a good look at her and her jaw dropped to the polished wood floors. There was no way this was happening. There was no way this was the stripper from the other night. No way this was the woman that the group of friends had their eyes glued to at the end of the night. There was no ing way.

Yuri stuttered at Victoria’s greeting, and said something really intelligent, like, “U-uhh,” but tried her best to push the thoughts of a very Victoria out of her mind, “J-just call me Yuri.”

Victoria grinned, “Sure thing.”

Hyoyeon nodded, pleased with the meeting, “So, Victoria, you’ll sit in on Yuri’s class for now and see how we run the place. Feel free to interact with the others as well,” the blonde bowed, “I hope you enjoy working here.”

Victoria bowed as well, “Thank you for the opportunity,” she bowed to Yuri as well, “Please take care of me.”

The raven haired woman swallowed nervously, with an equally nervous smile, “Sure thing, Ms. Song.”

Victoria shook her head, “Victoria is fine with me,” she replied, just as Yuri had to her.


           Amber was awoken from her not-so-long slumber by loud knocking at the front door of Yuri’s apartment. She sat up and frowned at the fact that she didn’t get enough sleep at all and also at the fact that someone had ruined her slumber. She stood from the bed and made her way out of the guest room and to the front door while rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. Not bothering to look through the peep-hole to check who it was, Amber opened the front door as she pulled her hand away from her eyes. She had to blink a couple times before her eyes focused again, but when she did come too she had wished she was still curled up comfortably under the blankets.

            Neither of them spoke.

            They just stared.

            Amber was tempted to slam the door and hide in a closet. Yuri’s apartment was big enough. All she had to do was run.

            “Hi.” The girl across from her somberly let out.

            The tomboy let out a small squeak, surprised that there was even a small exchange of words, “H-hey,” She paused, cautious and almost scared to continue. She swallowed, “Krystal...”

            Krystal didn’t acknowledge Amber’s greeting and instead held a duffle bag out, “You left some of your stuff at ou-,” she paused, stumbling over her words, “I mean… the apartment. I thought I’d bring it back.”

            Amber stared at the bag for a couple seconds before taking it from her ex-girlfriend, “Uh… thanks.”

            The blonde shifted uncomfortably at the front door. She still hadn’t looked at the older girl yet.

            Amber dropped the duffel bag on the floor behind her and frowned at Krystal’s figure. They continued to stand in silence until Krystal slowly glanced up at Amber and took in her appearance. Her short hair was tousled from sleeping and her clothes were wrinkled.

            “I miss you,” Krystal breathed out quietly.

            Amber’s eyes widened, “Krystal… I-”

            The tomboy was caught of guard when the blonde launched herself into Amber’s arms, wrapping her own arms around the girl’s neck.

            Amber stood shocked before wrapping her own arms around Krystal’s waist. A surge of hope coursed the tomboy.

            “I’m sorry,” Krystal cried into Amber’s shoulder, “I’m so sorry.”

            Amber rubbed small circles into Krystal’s back, still unsure of what was going on, but she welcomed it.

            They stood together, unmoving.

            That is until Yuri decided to come home from work, “Oh. Okay,” she stated, causing the ex couple to break apart from their embrace, “Sorry Am. Didn’t mean to intrude.”

            Krystal jumped back first and distanced herself from Amber. While Amber stood, dumbfounded.

            It wasn’t until Yuri walked through the door did Amber notice that the tanned girl wasn’t alone. A shorter black haired girl walked through the door after Yuri, “Victoria?

            Victoria furrowed her eyebrows, “Amber?” She smiled sweetly and gave a small wave, “Hey! Wow. What a small world…” she drawled to herself.

            Yuri looked back and forth between the two of them, “You two know each other?”

            Amber nodded slowly. Krystal looked between the three of them feeling uncomfortable once again.

            Yuri dropped the subject to greet Krystal, “Hey, Krystal. It’s good to see you again.”

            Krystal nodded, looking back to the ground, “Yeah. You too, Yuri.”

            “So,” the girl started, pointing to Amber and Krystal, “Does this mean you two are toget-”

            “No,” Krystal cut the older girl off. She ignored Amber’s frown, “I was just leaving.” The younger Jung stated, turning to the door, “Bye.”

            And the blonde was gone.

            Victoria noticed the tomboy’s sadness, but the short haired girl turned to her and Yuri with a smile on her face, “Wow. It’s nice to see you again, Victoria.”

            The black haired woman laughed lightly, “We could have gotten together sooner. I gave you my number for a reason you know.”

            Amber blushed, “Sorry about that,” she apologized rubbing the back of her neck, “How did you meet this big dork anyways?” She asked, motioning to Yuri.

            Victoria smiled, “I just got a job at the studio Yuri works at. She trained me today.”

            “Why so many jobs?” Amber asked, thoroughly confused.

The other girl winked, “That’s a secret.”

“I thought I would invite her over for lunch,” Yuri interrupted, “To welcome her, you know?”

“I guess.”

Yuri smiled, “I also invited the others,” she watched as Amber rolled her eyes, “For a hardcore Welcome To the Family type thing.”

Amber shook her head and chuckled, “Sorry, Victoria. Yuri’s a little strange.”

Victoria giggled, her hand covering , “Cut her some slack, Amber,” she glanced at Yuri, “I think she’s funny.”

“Whoa! Hold up, Victoria. I know she’s irresistible, but be careful,” Amber grinned at her best friend, “Her girlfriend is terrifying.”

“No she isn’t!” Yuri defended. Amber raised an eyebrow and the older girl broke under the gaze, “Okay, yeah. She kind of is,” she mumbled.

Victoria giggled again.

            Yuri cleared , changing the subject “How do you two know each other?”

            “We met in the bathroom.”

            The tanned girl’s eyes widened, “Excuse me?”

            Amber continued, “At the club. We met in the bathroom.”

            “Wow.”

            Victoria nodded, intercepting the conversation, “And yesterday Amber came into the cafe I work at. We talked for a little bit and I gave her my number,” she motioned to the tomboy, “But someone didn’t get ahold of me.”

            “I said that I was sorry!” Amber defended herself.

            There was a knock at the door and a lively blonde barged into the apartment with a twelve pack of beer in hand, “Party time!”

            Victoria laughed at her new found friend’s behavior, while Yuri shook her head with a playful smirk, “Damnit, Hyoyeon. Don’t you think it’s too early to be drinking?”

            Yoona walked in after Hyoyeon, “There’s no stopping her now, Yul.”

            Yuri greeted her partner in crime with a hug as the rest of the girls filed in. Sooyoung and Sunny walked in, waving to Amber and introducing themselves to Victoria as well as Taeyeon and Tiffany, who had shown up hand in hand. Seohyun shyly stood behind Yoona as she laughed along with Yuri, while Hyoyeon had already cracked open a beer, handing one to Victoria. Amber stood next to the girl apologizing for her friends’ behavior.

            “Don’t worry about it, Amber,” Victoria smiled sweetly, “I want to know how a girl like you has fun.”

            Amber furrowed her eyebrows confused, “Why?”

            “For future reference.”

            Amber was still confused, but she decided to just shake the comment off and try to survive the night, once again, with a soon-to-be loaded Hyoyeon.


What did you guys think? Was it any good? Well I hope so! Thanks to everyone for subscribing and commenting and upvoting! You guys are awesome! Please continue to support me!

-- PJato98