Seven (Part 1)

A Beginner's Guide to Kyungsoo

Seven (A Week's Worth) Pt. 1

      

AKA an excuse for me to write a seven-timing Kyungsoo without him actually seven-timing. :P

Pairings: SuDo, Laysoo, Krisoo (The rest would be on the next part)


 

 

 

Monday is for beginnings like the birth of a baby, the start of a new life. For Kyungsoo, Monday also means attending the birthday party of a classmate and a friend. He carefully picked his attire: a dark skinny jeans and a signature plain black shirt. It’s simple, he thinks, but it has his own style.

“Hyung, I’m going out now.” Kyungsoo says to his older brother who is busily pressing the remote control repetitively scanning for a decent show to watch. Junmyeon head perks from the distraction, looking at his younger brother from toes ascending to head. Kyungsoo smiles, a wry smile.

“Where are you going?” Junmyeon’s tone is commanding. His face is blank.

“I’m going to attend a birthday party. Most of my classmates are going to be there.”

“Did you ask mom and dad?”

“Yup. They said I could go.”

“But it’s Monday.”

“Yeah, I know that.”

“That means you have school tomorrow.”

“I will only stay there for an hour or two. It won’t take long.”

“Well, unlike mom and dad, I won’t let you go out. It’s too dangerous.”

Include a strict overprotective older brother, and you can call it Kyungsoo’s same old average Monday. Kyungsoo sighs, regretting the choice of asking his brother in the first place. After all, his parents were already enough and he knows that his brother is a lot stricter than them.

“I’m a big boy now, hyung. I could handle myself.” Kyungsoo tries, but his brother chose to ignore him. What he said is final. Kyungsoo can’t do anything to change his decision.

His hyung is always like this. Calling him strict is an understatement.

Hyung, can I go to the park with Jongin and Sehun? No.

Hyung, can I sleep over at Baekhyun’s tonight? No.

Hyung, Tao wants me to watch a movie with him, could I? No.

Hyung, I’m asking my adviser to tutor me at Yixing’s café? No!

Truthfully, if putting your younger brother in a human-size bubble so that no one could ever touch him is a norm, Junmyeon would’ve done that years ago. The world is too dangerous of a place for an innocent soul like his precious, and there are a lot of predatory eyes looming everywhere waiting for the golden opportunity to take their prey. Kyungsoo must stay safe lest he would be that prey.

“Pretty please hyung.” Kyungsoo begs plastering his most adorable little brother-like expression that he knows his hyung has a weakness for. Kyungsoo doesn’t always resort to his aegyo, but desperate time calls for desperate measures.

Junmyeon looks at his brother’s face, there’s indifference in the elder’s look. He then detours his attention back to the television, finally stopping to a channel where he could actually watch the show.

Kyungsoo pouted. “Please hyung?”

Junmyeon sighs finally feeling a little guilty for his brother, but he has his resolve. He had already made his decision. Nothing could change it.

“I will sleep with you for every night this week.” Kyungsoo tries.

Well, except maybe for that. Junmyeon sighs again. His younger brother’s preposition really sounds tempting. It is reminiscent of the times when they still shared a single bed and Kyungsoo was, or maybe is still is, his favorite pillow. His Rilakkuma pillow could never compare.

“Alright, fine. You won.” Junmyeon did not miss the joy that instantly forms on his brother’s face. If it wasn’t for that, he might’ve regretted his choice of conceding. Junmyeon looked at his brother from head to toe again.  “I’m not letting you out in that attire.”

He made a tsk tsk sound. The v-neck on his brother’s shirt is too deep showcasing more skin than what is necessary. His skinny jean is also too tight, curvy in full display. Heck, no one should see his brother in that state. He’ll be the best prey there is.  Kyungsoo must stay safe lest he would be that prey. He may sound like a grandpa, but it is his obligation and duty as the older brother to protect Kyungsoo.

“Let’s change you up, shall we?” Junmyeon suggests, to which Kyungsoo replied with a nod after some slight hesitation. They were then back inside Kyungsoo’s room with the elder scavenging the most decent attire that his brother could possibly have that won’t earn him second glances.

A sweater vest with blank pants? Nope, too cute.

A white hoodie with light jeans? Nope, too pretty.

A blue polo with cargo pants? Nope, the fashion police might sue him.

His  pajamas? Now, this one’s perfect.

“I couldn’t possibly wear pajama to a party, Hyung.” Kyungsoo deadpanned, now starting to doubt if his brother really wanted him to go out in the first place. 

“You’re right.” Junmyeon agreed, pursing his lips while scrutinizing his brother. “too squishy.”

It’s Kyungsoo’s turn to let out a tsk tsk as he advances to his wardrobe grabbing a black shirt, this time with a round neck, and a dark jean which is neither too loose nor too tight. He changed right in front of his brother, finding no reasons to be shy of his body because it’s his kin. Junmyeon cleared his throat, eyes roaming anywhere but his brother’s alluringly white skin.

“Is this alright, hyung?” Kyungsoo asked after fully changing, a question in his eyes as he twirls in front of his brother displaying himself. Jumyeon looked fully at his brother. There was another few seconds of silence.

“Nope, too beautiful,” is what he wanted to say but at the rate this is going, he wouldn’t approve of anything at all, so he settles for a nod instead. He should give his brother a bit more freedom. He is a growing boy now, and as much as he needs to be protected, he also needs to make friends and socialize.

“Now, I’m late. Could you drive me to the party, hyung?” Kyungsoo asked using his aegyo again. “Pretty please!”

Who is Junmyeon to deny that? He ended up driving his little brother to the party. Kyungsoo’s group of friends is waiting for him patiently in the gate. What are they now really, an entourage? Junmyeon desperately wanted to roll his eyes, never liking any of them.

“Thanks, hyung. I promise that I would come home early.” Kyungsoo smiles while unfastening his seatbelt. He is about to open the door to get out, but Junmyeon motioned for him to stop. He froze up obediently.

“A-uh… you forgot something.” There’s a mischievous glint in his brother’s smirk.

Kyungsoo is suspicious, his lips in at thin line, but he settles for a “What?”

His hyung points at his right cheek. Kyungsoo almost wants to laugh, but he lets out a chuckle instead. On any other occasion, Kyungsoo would’ve easily complied with his hyung asking for a kiss. It’s nowhere out of the ordinary. This time, however, Kyungsoo’s friends could perfectly see the two of them.

“Hyung, my friends.” Kyungsoo reasons. It would’ve been embarrassing if his friends knew that he never grew out of his ‘kiss-your-hyung’ stage.

“They’re the reason why I asked for a kiss in the first place.” Junmyeon replied impatiently pointing at his right cheek again. Kyungsoo’s friends should know that he won’t let go of his little brother anytime soon. He still belongs to him, dating or courtship is strictly forbidden.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes then leaned in and gave what his brother wanted. A soft kiss landed gently on pale cheek. It’s soft and fast, but it’s Kyungsoo.  Junmyeon smiled to his brother, and patted his hair messing his black locks. “Be a good boy, okay?”

Kyungsoo nods before going out of the car, and wave his hand a see you soon to his brother. Junmyeon waved back before driving his car. Engine hauling until it disappears in one corner.

Truthfully, he might never grow out of his ‘kiss-your-hyung’ stage. Kyungsoo’s eyes leaves one last lingering look at the corner where his brother’s car disappeared.

It’s a secret, but Kyungsoo might secretly like how his hyung has a complex on him.

 

 

 

Tuesday is for studying and trying not to fall asleep as Wednesday would soon come with a test that was not studied on days prior. It was made up of coffee and Yixing on the side. It was brewed with regrets and procrastination. Maybe add a sprinkle of blush and a pinch of smile and you can call it Kyungsoo’s Tuesday. 

Kyungsoo figures that caffeine would be a fast remedy to a night devoid of sleeping all thanks to his hyung’s snore. Dawn welcomes him with two pounds of eye bags and a whole lot of worries. Morning arrives with hot brown coffee. Noon comes with cold canned latte. After school finds Kyungsoo with a batch of espresso. He is studying alone on the café where Yixing is working at; his drowsiness is still intact as the earlier coffees proved ineffective. A yawn is released. A deep inhale follows. The aroma of coffee is coursing through the air slowly lulling Kyungsoo to sleep. It’s too serene. It’s too lethargic.

“One dark coffee for my Jagiya.” Yixing’s voice shatters the repetitive quiet of silent murmurs and hushed whispers. It reminded Kyungsoo that he should not be dozing off and to focus on the task at hand. With dopey eyes, Kyungsoo looked at the hot coffee then at Yixing who’s displaying a smile just as warm.

“Thanks.” Kyungsoo beams back, accepting the coffee with a nod.

“Anything for my jagi.”  Yixing replies then gave a friendly bow before attending the other customer.  Kyungsoo stares at the coffee, it looks too dark but the steam smells intoxicating. Surely this would be effective in waking him up. Gingerly, he inches the cup closer to his mouth. His nose wrinkled upon seeping his drink. It’s indeed too dark and bitter for his taste. Kyungsoo’s eyes wander to the table next to his, and he’s slightly jealous of the caramel macchiato and the Americano they’re drinking.

He placed the coffee on the side and averts his attention back to the inequalities, to the functions, and on finding the missing x, but he couldn’t as the music in the background could be a good backdrop for a dream. Its easy to the ears chimes is too sonorous. Kyungsoo briefly looks at a still smiling Yixing serving the other customers with genuine courteousness but plastered jovialness.

There’s a haze, maybe a few seconds of still darkness, and the next thing Kyungsoo registers is Yixing and him riding a shooting star hand in hand. The passing stars all around them are twinkling in roundabout while displaying a kaleidoscope of sparkling colors. Yixing is only his companion trapped in the lights of a dream.

Soon, the shooting star slowly descends on a smooth dark planet with no suns but plenty of moons. When they landed and touched the ground, the star they were riding vanished into millions of powder crystals.

“What are we doing here?” Kyungsoo asks, scanning the dark planet.

“To find the missing x of course.” Yixing answers.

Just then, numbers started to appear around them, encircling them into no escape. The numbers have feet, hands, and eyes. Kyungsoo finds himself, step by step, ebbing for protection behind Yixing’s back. The protective side of Yixing is growing by the moment; no one should dare harm Kyungsoo.

“Jagiya, it looks like we need to fight them.”

“But I don’t know how to.”

“You have a sword.”

Kyungsoo then notices that on his right fist, there’s a long silver sword. Yixing has one too. Wait, he doesn’t have skills with swords. He was given no further warnings as all the numbers started to run towards their direction ready to assault them.

“Don’t worry Jagiya, I won’t let anything bad happen to you.” Yixing placed a gentle kiss on his forehead. He wasn’t contented, so he placed another two kisses on both his cheeks. Kyungsoo blushes a pretty shade of pink.  Stupid Yixing, giving him the butterflies before they face danger.

When the numbers are already on their vicinity, Kyungsoo did nothing but brandish his sword left and right hoping to kill one of them or at least hit anything. From the side of his eyes, Kyungsoo could see Yixing taking down a bunch of numbers in one swish of the sword. He finds himself blushing again. Why must Yixing look so handsome and valiant all at the same time?

One number soon corners Kyungsoo in the side. It leans to Kyungsoo and whispers: “Would you want some cappuccino instead?” Kyungsoo is stunned; the number suspiciously has the same voice as Yixing.

“What did you just say?” Kyungsoo says. The number looked at him hesitantly.

“You need to wake up.”

“What?”

“Wake up!”

The numbers all around him started twirling back into the paper. He could smell the brewing of coffee yet again. With the opening of his eyelid, he’s back at the café being just the regular Kyungsoo cramming to study for a test. Kyungsoo looks at the man in front of him. It’s Yixing offering him a cup of cappuccino.

“I see that you don’t like dark coffee.” Yixing comments, nudging at the barely sipped coffee.

Kyungsoo nods, accepting the coffee. “It seems that I overestimated myself.” The cappuccino is placed on a porcelain cup, and Yixing made a heart on the foam. Yixing smiles shyly at the fond gesture he did.

Yixing looks at the empty chair beside Kyungsoo, wanting to sit there as well since his shift already ended and spending time with Kyungsoo sounds good. He’s not sure though if Kyungsoo would want to.  He is notorious for wanting to study alone. Whenever there’s an upcoming test, he isolates himself from all of his friends.

“Jagiya, ummm… Can I sit with you?” Yixing rubs the back of his neck. Kyungsoo nods while sipping his cappuccino. He might sleep again anytime soon anyway, so he doesn’t mind a distraction. Yixing acts too shy and it’s almost like he’s not Yixing at all. He carefully sat beside Kyungsoo.

“You know, I could help you study. I mean I’m not good with math, I even failed our last exam but I surprisingly find our topic now easy.” Yixing says then follows it with a hushed whisper Kyungsoo barely heard: “It’s also a rare moment when we’re alone so I need to prolong it.

“That actually sounds like a good idea.”

Surprisingly, Yixing proved himself useful. Kyungsoo never did got sleepy again because there’s never a dead air when you’re with Yixing, the man who has his way with words crafting the hard problems into easy math. Yixing’s voice is better than coffee intoxicating Kyungsoo to listen. It also doesn’t hurt to look at Yixing’s face, and mind you, Kyungsoo’s eyes did linger on it many times.

“You see, the solution with this problem is for you to cluster each group so that it would be easier to understand and solve.”

“Oh, why did I not think of that before?”

“It’s okay jagiya, you solved the other problems correctly.”

Kyungsoo smiles, Yixing smiles back. They look like two smiling idiots.

 By the end of the tutoring session, no one else was in the café but them and one barista preparing to close down the shop. They had already solved all the sample problems and Kyungsoo thinks that he has enough understanding to face the test for tomorrow. Kyungsoo’s sleepiness got the best of him again now that he has no worries. His head slowly descends to Yixing’s shoulder. Yixing freezes while mentally celebrating because holy cow, his jagiya is sleeping on his shoulder. “Thank you,” Kyungsoo softly says before he returns to the black planet with the dream version of his friend. All the numbers are already defeated lying on the ground.

Yixing smiles at him, Kyungsoo smiles back. They still look like two smiling idiots even in the dream.

Maybe the missing x he’s been looking for is in Yixing all along.

 

 

Wednesday is for a calculus test or at least it was supposed to be for a calculus test. Kyungsoo wakes up a good three hour pass his alarm clock. A deep groan on his lips and an ‘Oh my god, I’m already late for my test’ on his eyes. He could no longer do anything, his doomed anyway. Wednesday is for bad luck and bad sleeping etiquette. The only thing that could console him is at least, Wednesday also means good hair day.

He took his time in the bath as he was late already, playing an extra minute with the shampoo and accidentally almost swallowing the bubbles. He also took his time eating his breakfast, basking in the food instead of regrets. He might as well gain a kilogram or two, but he did not mind eating the extra bowl of rice his brother always offers him.

“What makes you think I’ll give you a special exam, I don’t find your reason on missing my exam acceptable.” Yifan says sternly behind his desk, tapping the sole of his shoes calculatedly on the hard floor. Tap-Pause-Tap-Pause-Tap. It’s the only thing that Kyungsoo could hear aside from his thumping heart. If he’ll miss this test, he might as well fail the subject.

Kyungsoo bowed to his teacher.

“Please Sir Wu! I would do anything for you if you just let me take the exam.” There are tears welling up Kyungsoo’s eyes, but there’s no pity in Yifan’s. He might be a little sadistic for enjoying a bit of this.

Tap-Pause-Tap-Pause-Tap

“Anything?”

Kyungsoo bit his lips.

“Anything.”

Yifan smirks and Kyungsoo wants to back out, but he already said what he said. He means it. He knows that his teacher just loves teasing him, but he always fall victim to him even if he’s well aware of his intentions. Yifan materializes one exam sheet from his drawer and gave it to Kyungsoo with a sly lopsided grin. “Answer it in an hour.”  Kyungsoo bowed again, sitting at the chair in front of his teacher’s desk. He takes a pen from his bag then started writing his name in the answer sheet.

Do Kyungsoo.

His teacher had already stopped tapping his shoes, and Kyungsoo starts to miss the rhythm. There’s just pure silence. It’s only the two of them in the faculty room, and them sharing a table in one corner of the otherwise big room is almost intimate. Kyungsoo tries to pay no mind as he answers problem after problem.

It was on the ninth item when he realized that Yifan is doing nothing but looking at him. Kyungsoo looks up, eyes meeting his teacher. He freezes a bit before he hurriedly returns his attention to his exam. Curse him for panicking. Kyungsoo swore that he heard his teacher’s chuckle at him.

“You have a nice hair, Kyungsoo.” Yifan comments and Kyungsoo could feel himself getting red all over.

“Th-that’s because, ummm…” Kyungsoo stutters. “Wednesday is for good hair day.”

“Really?”

“Ummm…yes. I tend to notice that there are more bubbles on my shampoo whenever it’s Wednesday.”

“Oh, that’s observant of you.”

Kyungsoo mentally facepalmed himself a thousand times. Great, now his former babysitter would think that he still has the mental ability of a six-years-old. He wants to plant his face flatly on the desk, or maybe roll around the floor while repetitively degrading himself ‘I’m an idiot, I’m an idiot, I’m an idiot’, if not for the exam he still needs to finish.

It was on the fifteenth item when Kyungsoo found another noise that he could use to level his mind with. It is the wall clock ticking. Tick-Tock-Tick-Tock. His teacher’s gaze on him is not wavering.  Does he not have better things to do than observing his student answer a fifty-item question? It’s not like he is going to cheat or anything. Kyungsoo realizes that the red on his face is also not wavering. Nevertheless, he was still able to concentrate with the exam.

It was by the thirtieth item that his teacher decided to bother him again by asking him a weird question.

“Soo, who would you choose if let’s say Jongin, Sehun. Yixing, Baekhyun, and Tao decided to court you?” His teacher has an almost unreadable expression, it’s like he is not joking while asking the ludicrous question.

Kyungsoo laughs at the absurdity of it all, but quickly composed himself once he realizes that his teacher has that serious look on his face. “That’s impossible, Sir.”

“Well, we’re on the theoretical here anyway.” Yifan leaned to Kyungsoo’s direction while keeping his right hand busy playing a pen. “Who would you choose?”

“I don’t know. That’s just some fanfiction level nonsense.” Kyungsoo shrugs, brushing off the questions.

“Do you read fanfictions? What kind?”

Kyungsoo made himself get caught in a compromising position again. He practically had read almost all genres of Xiuhan fanfics there is, and there is no way he would admit it to his teacher who has a hobby of teasing him.

“Do you?” Kyungsoo asks hoping to turn the table around. After all, there was once a time when he was the teaser between them and not the one being teased. He could make that happen again.

 “Nope, but if there are fanfictions of you then maybe I would.” Yifan winks. Kyungsoo got red again at what his teacher said. His former babysitter might as well have mastered the technique of making Do Kyungsoo blush and fluster at the same time. This is in no way a good thing, Kyungsoo thinks.

Tick-Tock-Tick-Tock.

Things between them got quiet again.  For a while, the clock is the only source of noise. His teacher decided not to bother him anymore, but his presence is very much still apparent. Kyungsoo answered most of the question with ease. He made a mental note to give a big thank you to Yixing. Finally, Kyungsoo answered the last item then gave the sheet to his teacher. He was satisfied with how things has gotten. Kyungsoo mentally pats himself in the back for a job well done.

“Very good, Soo.” His teacher smiles.  Kyungsoo doesn’t seem to mind the nickname his teacher had started using on him. He bows and is ready to head out, and maybe still catch some of his chummy chums still in school waiting for him.

“Hold it right there, Soo.” Yifan stops him and Kyungsoo groans under his breath. He was hoping to just quietly slip out and have his escape.  “I remembered that you said you would do anything for me so that you could take this exam.”

Kyungsoo got nervous again, he is in deep trouble.  Kyungsoo nods then turn his head back to his teacher. “Ummm, yeah. What would you want me do?”

Yifan acts like he was thinking, but he already has something in his mind. He smiles, this time not the smirk he usually gives while teasing his student.

“Make me lunch tomorrow. Let’s eat together.” Yifan replies.  It’s just a simple request, but it means a lot to him.

Kyungsoo sighs in relief. He actually misses eating lunch together with his Yifan-hyung.

 “I could do that.” Kyungsoo nods, now thinking what food his teacher would want him done.

“Really?” His teacher sounds like a child.

“Really!” Kyungsoo asserts, bowing again and finally leaving. “See you tomorrow, hyung.”

The last glimpse he saw is Yifan smiling excitedly for tomorrow.

For a while, Kyungsoo forgot the gap between their ages.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is seriosly not enough to compensate my lack of update. Sorry T-T Haha.

It's nice if you could give me prompts for this pairings: Kaisoo, Sesoo, and Taosoo. I already have lots for Baekhyun.

 

boredpanda98