Hiatus

A Beginner's Guide to Kyungsoo

Hiatus (A Pajama Party)

   

BONUS CHAPTER (MULTIPLE KYUNGDOO PAIRINGS)

Luhan and Minseok decided to spend their break in Kyungsoo's house.


 

 

 

“Have you ever felt more than yourself?”

---

Kyungsoo yawns. It was already late in the night yet he is still awake. He is wearing his pajamas, eyes heavy with sleep looming behind his eyelids. He opened the refrigerator and took the plate of cookies and the pitcher of milk that his Junmyeon-hyung had made for them. Even though his hyung was opposed to the whole idea of their sleepover, it only needs minute effort to coerce him to make them foods. His hyung  might be overprotective of him, but his hyung also loves to spoil him and Kyungsoo was thankful for it. He made a mental reminder in his head to appreciate his older brother more. He may be is strict, but Kyungsoo knows he only looks out for him.

Kyungsoo returns to his room with the food in tow. Minseok, Luhan, and Baekhyun all rounded around him to get the cookies and the milk for him. All of them are wearing pajamas, Kyungsoo required them to wear it because what's a pajama party without pajamas? On the floor beside Kyungsoo's bed was a wide futon splayed on the floor littered with pillows and stuffed toys. The food is right there, the participants is in their proper attire, and the venue is in tip-top shape. Everything is all set for the night

Baekhyun placed the milk on four glasses and hands it to each of them, making sure that the one with the fullest milk is for Kyungsoo. He then notices the cookies that Minseok is happily eating. It brings a smile to his face. They are red velvet cookies, the same cookies that Yixing, Kyungsoo and him had sold last summer.  The same summer that he had realized his feelings for Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo clears his throat, calling the three guy's attention.

"So as the host of this pajama party, I'm officially starting the activities for the night." Kyungsoo raises his glass of milk up and then signals the other three to raise their glasses as well as if to toast to what he just said, so they complied, raising their glasses awkwardly up in the air.

"So ummm... what are these activities?" Luhan asks. Kyungsoo had been excited about this whole pajama party thing. They have been staying in their house for already a week now when Kyungsoo suddenly had this plan. He wanted to invite all of his friends, but Luhan and Minseok were both opposed to the idea. Aside from it being crowded, they wanted to keep competition at a minimal, so in the end, Kyungsoo had just invited Baekhyun who was conveniently his neighbor.

Kyungsoo smiles then hands each one of them a piece of paper.

 

Things to do:

  1. Tell Scary Stories
  2. Truth or Dare
  3. Pillow Fight
  4. Stargazing

 

The three guys quietly read what Kyungsoo had written.

"Are we really going to do all of this?" Baekhyun sounds unsure.

"Of course, we will. Jongin, Sehun, and I always does this whenever we have a sleepover."

"Even the pillow fight part?" Minseok asks, he couldn't imagine three grown man brandishing pillows at each other, but then again, one of them is Kyungsoo while the other two were his hopelessly in love best friends. It feels weird to be jealous at that thought.

Kyungsoo nods "Now, are we gonna chit-chat all night or are we gonna start the pajama party?"

The three guys chuckled. Kyungsoo is their host, they have no choice but to follow him. After all, Kyungsoo's plan are always bound to be fun, but mainly because of the company and not the task.

 

Scary Stories

 

The scariest story that Kyungsoo had ever known is not a prose but a person. His gaze was penetrating, dark and sordid. He's as scary as a blood-curdling movie, and Kyungsoo was the helpless seven year old strapped in his sit and forced to watch it until the end. Nightmares are bound to attack him that starts from the tip of his hair, down to that daunting smirk, and all the way to his tall form. Chanyeol was his scary story, their class representative who always points out his shortcomings with that deep and intimidating voice of his.

"Now tell me, little Soo." The deep timber was right against Kyungsoo's ears. Chanyeol's breath fanned across his cheeks, sending shivers down his spine. "What had made you stray from our field trip? The money you paid was for education, not for fanboying stupid idols."

Kyungsoo gulped, eyes avoiding Chanyeol's heavy gaze. He might melt right on the spot because of fear."I-I'm so sorry Chanyeol."

Chanyeol smirked, placing a hand at Kyungsoo's shoulder.

 "Why are you so scared?" Chanyeol could see Kyungsoo shivering, he applied pressure on his hold to more. " I'm not a big bad wolf and you're not a little lamb aren't you? Don't be scared, little Soo." Chanyeol practically purred, and Kyungsoo could feel another round of vibration coursing through his spine.

Kyungsoo wanted to cry. He hates Chanyeol. He really hates Chanyeol. He really really hates Chanyeol, and Yifan might have discovered his fear to the taller, so he had made this his detention for him, being stuck in the same room with Chanyeol was like torture for him.

"I'm not a little lamb." It was his last strain of  insurgence.

Oh, sweet sweet torture.

"You're not?" Chanyeol kept on smirking, walking slowly to position himself right in front of Kyungsoo. There's teasing on his voice. Kyungsoo gulped and hoped for Yifan to return from his office because with his teacher, he could at least retaliate. With Chanyeol, he is a useless robot. A little lamb trapped by the big bad wolf as he might say.

Kyungsoo did not reply, eyes downcast. He'll just endure this moment until his teacher arrived.

Chanyeol sighed, his teasing persona cooled down. "If you're not hating on me, you are afraid of me. You shouldn't  be scared of me, Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo did not reply. He won't easily be fooled by his trick. He kept his eyes down. He had hated Chanyeol for a long time and it has history. Chanyeol had befriended Sehun once. They were so close at that time, and back then, Kyungsoo was still a hardcore shipper of Jongin and Sehun. He hated it when someone his best friends. What more, Chanyeol was the one who got the MVP title that Jongin had wanted to have. Kyungsoo's heart goes to Jongin, he pitied his best friend, and even though Chanyeol's friendship with Sehun had gone lukewarm and even if Jongin kept on telling him that it was okay with him to not be the MVP, the hate that Kyungsoo had for him latched. Chanyeol was the one who always reported Baekhyun's wrongdoings and about Tao getting a tattoo, what a tattletale he is. He is now the football team's captain, their class representative, a consistent topnotcher, a member of their school's renowned debate club, and his teachers would always point him as the threshold of an outstanding student. Not to mention that he also has good looks. He was so prim and proper and perfect and Kyungsoo is so sick of it.

Kyungsoo keeps his shoulder cold.

Chanyeol lets out a breath of disappointment.

"Kyungsoo, I'm afraid of you too." Chanyeol admitted and when Kyungsoo did not talk back, he kept talking, "To be honest, I'm scared right now. I don't know what to do whenever I'm around you. I hate it when you always make it clear that you hate me. I mean, Baekhyun once bullied you and Tao seemed fishy yet you like them so much."

"Don't insult my friends." Kyungsoo replied curtly, eyes still down.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought them up. I know about how much protective you are of them."

Silence settled, neither one spoke. Chanyeol couldn't resort to what he usually do. He would've tease Kyungsoo's fear of him if only he hadn't opened his big mouth. Now, he really doesn't know what to do.

"Do you want to hear a scary story?" Kyungsoo said, eyes inching upward. Chanyeol slowly nodded, not believing that Kyungsoo voluntarily spoke to him. This was a first in years of them being classmates.

"I-I think that ummmm....uh..." This was harder than what Kyungsoo expected, but Chanyeol's eyes were on him and he wanted to at least clear a small portion of tension.

"I think that you're perfect." Kyungsoo said, he was so embarrassed at admitting it out loud, admitting it to himself, but he just didn't want Chanyeol to feel bad because of him.

Chanyeol kept looking at him, mouth inched open. Kyungsoo thought that he was... perfect?

"I think that you're perfect and that's why I’m afraid of you." Kyungsoo affirmed, standing from his chair. "I know that I'm just making reasons to hate you so that at least I would think that you are more human, and..and....and I'm scared of liking you. “

There, he said it. He finally admitted the truth. Kyungsoo rushed to take all of his things, his detention could just be postponed. He bowed to Chanyeol then hastened his pace to go outside screaming aarrrghh… why did I say that?!? on his mind. Chanyeol let him go, at least for now. He should've indulged himself at Chanyeol being shamed because of being ignored. Why did he have to say those things? One of these days, Chanyeol might corner him. Right now though, he hates Chanyeol and he should keep it at that.

The scariest story that Kyungsoo had ever known is not a prose but a person. His name is Chanyeol, but maybe his fear of him were made up solely of excuses.

 

Truth or Dare

 

Perhaps Minseok wasn't kidding when he said Luhan was brutally honest. His candor might be great sometimes, but on other times, his timings are not that ideal. Monday night was one of the other times.

"I want to kiss you right now."

With Luhan, there's a fine line with being honest and being daring. He said those very words over dinner right in front of Kyungsoo's parents and his brother. Minseok coughed awkwardly, Luhan might have fallen for Kyungsoo deeper that what he thought if he is able to mindlessly blabber this kind of things.

"What did you just say?" Junmyeom asked even though he had heard the statement loud and clearly.

Luhan did not look at Junmyeon, but he replied truthfully with gaze still fixated at Kyungsoo. "I said that I want to kiss your little brother."

It's like Luhan was in a trance, looking at Kyungsoo's full plump lips. It was so thick and intoxicating, he couldn't feel or hear the poison sipped on Junmyeon's words as he asked him a second time.

"What. Did. You. Just. Say?"

"I want to kiss Kyungsoo," Luhan answered again, and as if he wasn't daring enough, he looked at Kyungsoo's parent and his brother, almost too sure, and said, "could I?"

Kyungsoo's parent just laugh it off thinking it's cute, Kyungsoo was quiet but the blush on his cheeks is all that Luhan needed, while Junmyeon was a different story entirely. It's like a beast was let out inside of him as he rose from his sit to charge at Luhan. Minseok thought that it's safe to assume that they couldn't sleep on Kyungsoo's bed with him for the night

---

It's Tuesday night, and the two idols were thankfully on Kyungsoo's bed. The two idol snuggled with him on both his side like they were two little puppies desperate for their owner's attention. Kyungsoo was on his laptop, and the two idols were not making him concentrate on making a report.

Unfortunately, Friday night was also one of the other times where honesty was not put in place.

"You have a really nice , Kyungsoo." Luhan commented ghosting his hand over Kyungsoo’s hips, "could I touch it?"

Kyungsoo's eyes enlarged, blood rushing up to his face. He hastily stood up and rambled away from Luhan out of the bed. Luhan chuckled at the shock painted on Kyungsoo's face.

"Relax, Kyungsoo. If you don't want to, you could've just said 'no'. I'll keep my hands to myself." Luhan smirked. Minseok rolled his eyes and slapped Luhan's shoulder for scaring Kyungsoo from the snuggle.

---

Fortunately, despite what Luhan had said, Kyungsoo still lets them cuddle with him. It was a lazy Wednesday afternoon. They were on the living room watching  variety shows in the television. Kyungsoo's hyung was also there, on another couch with a fixed scowl on his face. Obviously, he doesn't want the idols to be with his brother and he wanted to make it clear.

"Kyungsoo..." Luhan started.

Kyungsoo braced himself for what the idol would say. He rarely talks, but whenever he does, he has no holds barred, brave in his own little way of being reckless. Junmyeon and Minseok prepared themselves as well.

"Kyungsoo, " Luhan repeated, he looked briefly at Kyungsoo's brother then to Kyungsoo. "Is your brother in love with you? I mean, that's ."

Kyungsoo's and Minseok’s face paled. Junmyeon did not move for a few moments, but when he did, he looked at Luhan. There's a poisoned honey smile grazing his lips.

Luhan smiled back, not knowing the effect of what he just said. To make matters worse, he kept on talking, "Is that OK with your parents? I hope it's not because I'm not fine with another rival."

Perhaps Luhan was not too honest, maybe he's just socially impaired, blind at other people's emotions and intentions. There was an intent of danger clearly oozing from Junmyeon despite the dainty exterior, and Luhan seemed oblivious to the pellucid simplicity of  him being in trouble.

"You don't want another rival?" Junmyeon kept his pleasant facade despite the raging anger inside him, the smile was still plastered on his face.

Luhan shook his head, he then hugged Kyungsoo tight. "I want your little brother all for myself."

Kyungsoo smiled forcibly while Minseok kept trying to signal Luhan to stop speaking and abort what he's doing, but Luhan was not paying attention to him. He's too focused on talking to Junmyeon and hugging Kyungsoo. He's too distracted.

"You want Kyungsoo all for yourself?" Junmyeon reiterated. There was a big caution sign accompanying the question, but Luhan nodded like a careless driver.

"...and you think  I like Kyungsoo not as a brother but romantically?" Junmyeon peered closer to the idol, his gaze more somber, "and you don't like that?"

Luhan nodded again. By then, Kyungsoo let himself out of Luhan's hug. He and Minseok tried to subtly get away, there's already no use at saving Luhan, he's already doomed.

A much fiercer beast was let out inside the confines of Junmyeon's calm. Most probably, they couldn't  sleep with Kyungsoo yet again, Minseok thought.

---

"Kyungsoo.." It was Luhan on a Thursday night, tugging his attention.

"What?" Kyungsoo replied, somehow annoyed.

"Do you know that some of my fans are already shipping me to you ?"

Kyungsoo nodded. "Yeah, I'm aware."

Luhan looked at Kyungsoo, he was reading something and he did not say more. It should've been a news to him, but maybe him being his boy band idol was already losing its appeal by the day, he and Minseok was starting to be viewed like his other friends. Luhan did not like that.

"Kyungsoo..." Luhan said again softly.

"What?" Kyungsoo replied, more annoyed.

"Ummm... I'm sorry. Since I've arrived here, I have only been causing trouble."

Kyungsoo stopped reading, now Luhan really got his attention. "Don't think that."

"I'm usually quiet because I unintendedly offend some people sometimes, but since I've arrived here , I found myself becoming a lot more talkative, sorry for that."

Kyungsoo could feel Luhan's sincerity, his eyes softened. "It's okay. I like you here. It should be Junmyeon-hyung you should be apologizing to."

Luhan pouted. "Yeah, he doesn't like me very much."

"But I like you."

Luhan did not reply. He was temporarily deafened.

"Could you please repeat what you just said," came the late response.

"I said I like you." Kyungsoo chuckled.

Luhan blinked.

"Repeat it again please."

"I like you."

Luhan couldn't help the smile that emerged on his face. "Really? Does that mean I could hug you?"

Kyungsoo nodded and the hug came swifter than he expected.

"Kyungsoo..." Luhan called his name yet again.

"What?" A smile bloomed on Kyungsoo's face, but he could then feel Luhan’s hand going south.

"I still think you have a nice ,  mind if I squeeze it?"

The push that Luhan received was probably well deserved. Luhan chuckled. "I was just joking. You look better when you're flustered."

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and opened the book he was reading.

Luhan sat beside him, he was quiet and no longer bothering him. Kyungsoo let him sit. They were both silent until Luhan's voice shattered it with a simple reminder.

"You know that I like you too, Kyungsoo, and it's not just platonic." Luhan said, it was almost a whisper. Their gazed locked in with each other, and for the first time, Kyungsoo could not read Luhan's expression.

"Ummm.... I should probably go out now. Your brother did not allow me to come here, he'll catch me if I keep staying here with you." Luhan stood up and left with no further words, a trail of sweat lined his forehead. Admitting the truth might also be hard for Luhan no matter how much he keeps repeating it or maybe it's harder that way. Kyungsoo could only hear the words and not what made those word spill. He regretted not listening fully to Luhan, what other words the apparent words could convey. Maybe he's already hurting Luhan with his silence and he was just tugging for his attention. Maybe he was being inconsiderate, they did go all the way to Korea just for him.

Kyungsoo closed the book he was reading. His brother did not allow the idols to sleep in his room, that does not mean that he couldn't sleep in their room instead. Kyungsoo grabbed a pillow from his bed, and with a yawn, he had a clear destination in mind.

Luhan's candor might be great sometimes, but on other times, his timings are not that ideal. That night though was a sometimes.

 

Pillow Fight

 

Kyungsoo was highly uncomfortable, this was not what he had in mind when Jongin invited him for dinner with his family. What he thought was a cozy dinner served with roasted chicken and salad turned into a fancy gathering for the elites made up of wines and foods that he could not even pronounce the name of. Kyungsoo sometimes forget that Jongin was filthy rich. He's not used to this, being surrounded by expensive dresses, jewelries, and suits. Even the tuxedo wrapped around his body that Jongin had rented for him seemed to be squeezing the life out of him, clinging into his skin metaphorically and literally. He should've rented another size.

Kyungsoo sighed, grabbing another spoonful of caviar from the buffet table and eating it directly.  He might never get to eat this stuff again so he should just enjoy this opportunity. One of the server was looking at him, he had been staying with the food far longer than talking with other guests and he must have noticed it. Kyungsoo smiled weakly at the server then walked away from the buffet table in placid steps.

He has no companion, and the food was also gone. He could not spot Jongin. His father had grabbed his son earlier to introduce him to someone. Jongin's mother was there, she's nice but Kyungsoo is not that close with her and he wouldn't want to be a bother. Who Kyungsoo is close with is Jongin's two older sister, but they're not there since Jongin's eldest sister is pregnant with her first child and she's expecting her delivery soon  so the second sister was keeping her company .

Kyungsoo sighed, he should not have accepted Jongin's invite no matter how much he begged for it. Now, he's out of place and he didn't know how to position himself. He should have been at that moment babysitting Chanhyuk and Sohyun. Maybe his teacher Yifan would visit him again to eat the food he cooked. If he would stay at home, he could be bonding with Luhan, Minseok, or his older brother. That would've been more fun than where he's at now.

"Hello," a man greeted him. Kyungsoo looked at the man. He did not know him. He has a nice face though and a friendly gentleness was nested on his features. He was also garbed lavishly and his suit probably costs a lot more than Kyungsoo's tuition.

"Hi," Kyungsoo replied shyly.

"You seemed lost.," The man smiled. "Is there anything I can help you with?"

 "I'm looking for a man named Jongin, have you seen him?"

There's a flash of disappointment in the man's face, but Kyungsoo could have just been imagining it.

"Jongin? I've seen him talking to Soojung near the ice sculpture." The man answered, “mind if I take you there? I'm Taemin by the way."

"It's fine, Taemin" Kyungsoo said, keeping his gratitude controlled. "Thank you very much."

Kyungsoo bowed to Taemin and then they parted ways. Kyungsoo easily found the ice sculpture in the distance. He walks towards it. Jongin is with a person named Soojung. It's a girl's name so Jongin is with a girl. Did Jongin's father introduce him to a girl?

Kyungsoo halted his steps, he's now afraid to go to the ice sculpture.

Kyungsoo's imagination went haywire, and he cursed at himself for it being so vivid. He could imagine Jongin smiling and being comfortable with a girl, and he did not like that imagery being planted on his head. His father introduced the two together. It's possible that they might be getting married. It's not impossible considering rich people sometimes arrange the marriage of their children for the strengthening of business relations.

Kyungsoo breathed in. He willed himself to step forward. He couldn't just stand there and do nothing for the rest of the night, Jongin was his only comfort in that place filled with extravagance. He placed a step forward, and although his pace was slow, he was already walking again straight to the ice sculpture.

When he was near, he had seen Jongin almost immediately. He was a stand-out, Kyungsoo thinks. He belonged here and it pained Kyungsoo to think that the best friend he knew might just be a lateral. He looked better that night. He had always knew that Jongin is handsome, but that night, he was exceptional, no longer the lazy happy go lucky yet melodramatic friend he knew. Kyungsoo's heart stuttered. Beside Jongin, was a beautiful lady. She had fiery long hair, a cherry thin lips, and garbs a gorgeous elegant black dress that hugs her curves perfectly. She exudes allure that any man would fall for.

Kyungsoo no longer wanted to take a step forward. He decided that he should not bother Jongin. Maybe, he forgot that he even brought him there for her. He turned around. He shouldn't really have come here in the first place. Unlike Jongin, he doesn't belong.

---

Kyungsoo stuffed his plate to the brim. He could feel an uncomfortable thrum in his chest. Why was he even so affected in the first place? Obviously, Jongin's world doesn't revolve around him. Kyungsoo hated feeling this way. It's selfish and irrational.

Kyungsoo dejectedly walked and sat back on his table which was now empty. There was a man raising his glass of wine for a toast in another table, he looked at it. Maybe, he could do that someday, Kyungsoo thought

He brought his attention back at the food he brought, jabbing it with his fork. He wanted to stuff himself with all the calories the plate has to offer, but at the same time, he doesn't feel like eating. For one thing, he's full already, and for another, he just doesn't feel like eating.

"Are you just going to shoot laser beams to your food with your eyes all night or are you going to eat?"

Kyungsoo looked at the source of the familiar voice. It was Taemin. Kyungsoo forced out a smile for courtesy.

"Ummm...could I sit with you?" Taemin asked, nudging at the empty chair beside Kyungsoo where Jongin was supposed to sit. Kyungsoo nodded,  he could use some company.

"You did not see Jongin?" Taemin broached upon sitting.

"I saw him. He's busy trying to look cool for a girl." Kyungsoo grumbled, not expecting his tone to come out as somewhat angry.

Taemin chuckled.  "What's your relationship with Jongin anyway?"

"I'm his friend," Kyungsoo stuffed a spoonful to his mouth, his cheeks bloating with the food.

"Just a friend?" Taemin  repeated, there's a flash of relief on his eyes that Kyungsoo did not see.

Kyungsoo swallowed the food by pushing it with water. "Yeah, it's so convenient for him to take me here and just leave me alone." Kyungsoo still felt the weird pain in his chest. "He's such a jerk."

"You're not alone," Taemin grinned, leaning closer to  Kyungsoo, "you're with me."

Kyungsoo blinked, now that Kyungsoo could get a good view of Taemin. He noticed that some angle of him is reminiscent of Jongin. It's possible that the two might even be relatives.

"Yeah, I'm with you." Kyungsoo agreed. "Thanks for accompanying me. You and the foods are the only things good in this fancy party."

"Well, for me there's another thing good that came out of this party," Taemin tilted a corner of his lips.

Kyungsoo suddenly choked on the water he was drinking. Taemin also had Jongin's boyish smirk.

"Are you fine?" Taemin circled a hand behind his back, trying to ease his breathing. Kyungsoo coughed a few times to clear his throat before managing a reply.

"I'm sorry, you just reminded me of Jongin."

"The resemblance might be just in your imagination, Kyungsoo." It was Jongin who talked, appearing beside the table. Behind Jongin was the red-haired girl he was previously talking to. Kyungsoo glanced at her, she was prettier up close. "Taemin, I didn't know you were here."

"I just kept your friend's company."

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo and Taemin, or more precisely, Taemin's hand behind Kyungsoo's back.

"Well,  thank you very much, but I'm here now. You could go," Jongin replied, "You're no longer needed here."

"Jongin, you shouldn't be so rude" Kyungsoo said.

"I'm not." Jongin raised his voice.

"Yes, you are." Kyungsoo didn't know where Jongin's attitude rooted from, but he shouldn't be angry at either him or Taemin. If anything, he should be the one mad.

"It's okay, Kyungsoo. I should probably go now." Taemin patted Kyungsoo's back and then stood up with a plastered smile on his face. He nodded at Jongin and Soojung before going, but right as he was about to walk, Kyungsoo grabbed his hand with his own.

"Don't go."

Jongin gaze was caught by the two hands holding. Jongin lost it. His anger escalated as he took Kyungsoo's hand away from Taemin. Kyungsoo was surprised as Jongin pulled the both of them out of the party with fast angry steps leaving Taemin and Soojung. Jongin's grip was hard, but Kyungsoo still followed with no words. Jongin took him to an empty comfort room, locking the door as soon as they are inside.

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo, he did not talk, he just looked at him.

After a few moments, Jongin spoke.

"Why are you with him?"

Kyungsoo did not answer. Jongin sighed.

"K-Kyungsoo...please." Jongin sounded like a lost boy.

Kyungsoo was not easy though. He still did not reply

"Look, Kyungsoo. I'm tired of always being the jealous bad guy who--"

"J-jealous?"

"Yeah."

Of all things, Kyungsoo never would've thought that Jongin would feel that.

"Wait, you are jealous because of me?"

Jongin blushed. "It's not that weird,"

Kyungsoo sighed. And he thought that Jongin had a thing for that Soojung gal. He now remembered that Jongin had confessed to him in their library that he liked a he who was both uber cute and dense. It's all coming back to Kyungsoo and he didn't know what to feel at the realization. Should he be happy?

 "I remembered what you said in the library.  Back then, I didn't know who is the guy you like." Kyungsoo started. "Now, I think I know who he is. I'm sorry, Jongin. I didn't know what you feel."

Jongin’s heart was beating fast. Kyungsoo had finally known his secret.

"Don't be sorry, Kyungsoo.” Jongin paused not knowing how the phrase his fear, “Are you still going to consider me as a friend or are you going to ignore me?"

Kyungsoo chuckled.

"Of course I'll still be your friend. I promised that I'll help you with your lovelife, remember?"

Jongin stared blankly at Kyungsoo. He no longer get what he is talking. He thought he had get it, that he likes him.

"What?"

"Don't worry, Jongin. Even though Taemin is handsome, I don't have any interest on him. I'm sorry for making you jealous. I didn't know that your crush is Taemin."

Jongin sighed in defeat, what nonsense is Kyungsoo spouting now. He doesn't want to have another Sehun part two in his hands.

"Taemin is not my crush." Jongin said almost immediately. Heck, he would not want Kyungsoo to ship him with another guy who he deems is fit for him.

"He's not? Who's it then? Don't tell me it's that Soojung girl."

"You're fine if it's Taemin but you're not if it's Soojung?"

"Of course, I'm not fine if it's Taemin, but Taemin seems nice and if you like him and if he likes you back then there's nothing I could do about it even if I don't like it."

Jongin felt a jolt of confidence at Kyungsoo's words.

"Why won't you like it?"

"I kind of might also feel jealous" Kyungsoo gave a weak smile . He then looked down because of what he'll say next. "I know it's selfish, but please let me be possessive of you just for now that you are single. I know that it won't last forever. I didn't like it that you left me because of Soojung, I also don't like the possibility of you liking Taemin."

Jongin was speechless, he couldn't process that Kyungsoo feels this way. With all the year he had enduring Kyungsoo friendzoning him and shipping him with another boy, he never had entertained the thought of Kyungsoo being actually jealous because of him.  This whole jealousy ordeal was starting to become like a petty argument, and what came out of it is Kyungsoo admitting this. The sight of seeing Taemin with Kyungsoo could be forgiven by knowing Kyungsoo was jealous back.

"Trust me, Taemin and I don't like each other."

Kyungsoo raised his head, looking straight back to his friend. "But Soojung looks beautiful, don't you agree?"

Kyungsoo is treading using his words. Jongin knew it. He smirked.  "Maybe."

A frown appeared on Kyungsoo's lips. "I thought so," he dejectedly said.

Jongin observed his friend, he tried to smile, but it didn't reach his eyes. He was just trying to act strong and supportive.

"Oh god, Kyungsoo. You really do feel jealous, don't you?" Jongin chuckled. "I'm sorry if I sound too happy. I know I shouldn't be."

Kyungsoo looked angrily at Jongin. "Go back to your girlfriend. She's waiting for you."

"She's not my girlfriend. Besides, Soojung is my cousin." Jongin extended his hand to cup Kyungsoo's cheeks for him to look straight at him. Kyungsoo's cheeks was soft and warm under his hold. Only him, could give him a roller coaster of emotions. "Don't be jealous, Kyungsoo. You know you're my constant, and constants does not change. There's only going to be one Kyungsoo in my life. Also, feel free to be possessive of me because I know I'll be possessive of you even if you don't want to. "

Kyungsoo's eyes is welling up with tears.

"You're doing it again, Jongin." Kyungsoo sobbed.

 "I'm doing what again?"

"You're being cheesy ." A few tears fell from Kyungsoo's eyes down to Jongin's hand.

"Then why are you crying?"

"I don't know. Maybe I'm allergic to cheesiness."

"Is that so?" Jongin caressed a tear away with his thumb.

Kyungsoo nodded.

Jongin found himself smiling as he leaned closer to his friend and zipped the inches between into a tight hug.

 

Stargazing

 

It had been three hours and Kyungsoo still could not bring himself to fall asleep. There were two man beside him, Luhan on his right and Minseok on his left, both idols were already fast asleep. Kyungsoo envied them. He closed his eyes again, but it's useless as his mind went flying everywhere.

A buzz could then be heard. Kyungsoo sat up and scrambled to look for his phone on the bedside table. The screen notified him of a new message.

Are you awake?

It was a message from Tao. Kyungsoo wondered what he was up to.

Yes, Why?

A reply arrived fast.

Me too, want to ride with me to smell the night air or something?

Kyungsoo looked at Luhan and Minseok. They were both fast asleep. They would not know about him sneaking out at night. The sense of adventure tingled inside Kyungsoo as he typed out a reply.

That's not a bad idea.

---

Kyungsoo was sitting on a bench near his house, waiting for Tao to arrive. A moment soon, a motorcycle engine could be heard. Kyungsoo looked at the direction of the whirring. A motorcycle came to a halt in front of him.

It was Tao. He was wearing long black pants and a leather jacket. He had a deep gaze on him when he removed his helmet. Kyungsoo bit his lips as he look down at his own attire. He was still wearing his pajamas. What a contrast.

"Hop in, Soo."

Kyungsoo stood up to approached his friend. "Think fast," Suddenly, the helmet was passed to him. Kyungsoo raised his hand to clumsily get the helmet in a panic, almost dropping it.

Tao chuckled at him. Kyungsoo pouted then wore the helmet. It was too big for his head but the strap made it fit. Kyungsoo rode the motorcycle and positioned himself behind Tao, holding his shoulder for support.

"Where are we off to?"

Tao did not reply, he just revved his engine. The motorcycle was already fast when it started. Kyungsoo was surprised by the speed, and by reflex, he hugged Tao to fixate himself. The night air was cold and brought chill to Kyungsoo's exposed skin. There were barely any people on the street, most of them are already asleep in their small suburban town. The motorcycle went faster, so Kyungsoo hugged his friend tighter.

Not long, there were trees instead of houses around them. Kyungsoo was getting attuned  to riding. He was able to observe their surroundings.

"Are we going to the city?" Kyungsoo shouted over the whirring.

"No, but we're going to see it."

The air hugging them was getting chillier. Kyungsoo placed his head on Tao's backside and closed his eyes. He would say that he could feel Tao's heartbeat, but maybe it's just the helmet and the vibration. They were silent for the duration of the ride. It was cold, but Tao was warm. After a while, Tao slowed the motorcycle until it came to a stop in the middle of nowhere. The road was desolate and there were quiet trees looming around them. It was dark and the place was somehow foreboding.

"Where are we?" Kyungsoo asked, scanning the place as both of them went down the vehicle.

Tao removed Kyungsoo's helmet. Kyungsoo's hair was messy, so Tao fixed it by combing it with his hand. He patted Kyungsoo's head after he fixed it. "We're still not there. Come on, follow me." Tao went towards the trees. Kyungsoo eyed his friend, he shrugged internally and decided to trust his friend and follow him. With the way Tao was trekking in the woods, it's clear that this wasn't his first time going to that place. Kyungsoo wondered how many nights Tao have had like this, just him in the comfort of the solemn night.

"We're almost there," Tao informed him.

Kyungsoo walked forward, still following his friend. After a few steps, they were there. Kyungsoo was mesmerized with the lights presented to him. Kyungsoo's jaw dropped at the beauty. They were in a clearing, but the clearing overlooked the sparkle of the city lights which seemed so distant. Up above are constellations and clustered stars dotting the indigo sky, and all around them were fireflies dancing. The moon was full and bright, and Kyungsoo felt that it was bigger. Everything was like a collage of nightlights.

Tao looked at his friend with a smile. The shine of the stars reflected by his eyes.

"Beautiful," Tao said. Kyungsoo smiled and nodded, thinking that Tao was talking about the place.

---

The two of them sat on the grasses, both are quiet. Kyungsoo was looking at the lights while Tao was drinking a few sips of the bottled beer he brought. Kyungsoo shivered from the coldness, hugging himself for warmth. His friend noticed it, Tao removed his leather jacket and made Kyungsoo wear it. Tao was left only wearing a plain black shirt that hugs his firm body. The jacket made him warm, but Kyungsoo looked worriedly at his friend.

"What about you?"

"It's okay, I'm not that cold." Tao said before drinking his beer again.

Kyungsoo observed his friend. "Could I drink some of that too?"

"Your brother's going to get angry with me."

"But he's not here and he won't know."

Tao shrugged, giving Kyungsoo the bottle. Kyungsoo drunk a mouthful almost immediately. His face scrunched at the bitterness of the first swallow, making him spit and cough off the second. Tao laughed at him.

"You should've sipped a little and not force it down."

Kyungsoo frowned. "I guess that I overestimated myself." He said as he gave the bottle back to Tao with distaste.

Tao capped the bottle since he still needed to drive Kyungsoo and him back and he wouldn't want any accidents along the way. He placed the beer on the side before giving his attention back to Kyungsoo..

"You know that you're the first one I brought here to my little sanctuary."

"I feel honored," Kyungsoo smiled.

"This place makes me feel more than myself, like there's more to me, like there's an endless possibility of who I'll be. Kyungsoo, have you ever felt more than yourself?"

Kyungsoo blinked. "I can't say I have."

"Right now I do." Tao's smile could be seen illuminated by the moon. "Someday, I think you'll feel what I feel too."

A shooting star streaked through the sky, Kyungsoo's gaze stayed on the blank patch of the sky after it disappeared. "I hope so," Kyungsoo whispered, as he brought his head to rest at his friend's broad shoulder.

----

Baekhyun, Luhan, and Minseok had already fallen asleep. Kyungsoo should've putted a 'no sleeping' sign in his rule, but Kyungsoo thinks that it's fine. They were tired and they needed sleep, the pillow fight they had was much more energy consuming than they had thought.

Kyungsoo sat up from the duvet. His window was open and it overlooked the star dotted sky, giving faint illumination to his room. He wondered if Tao was on his sanctuary seeing the same sky as him. He also wondered if Jongin, Sehun, Yixing, or Yifan were also awake taking a peek of the stars. Kyungsoo closed his eyes and lies beside Minseok. He feels that he got it what Tao meant that night

Right then, thinking about his friends, Kyungsoo felt more than himself.

 

 

 

 

 

Hello again, guys.  Expect more bonus chapters. Comment and upvotes are apprecieated. 

 

boredpanda98