Bullying

A Beginner's Guide to Kyungsoo

A Beginner's Guide To Bullying 

 

Chapter Summary: Baekhyun is a bully, Yixing is a ert, Kyungsoo is innocent, and they are forced to spend their summer together.

Baekhyun doesn't like that idea, but at least he could bully Kyungsoo or at least try to.

Warning: I don't encourage bullying in any way. It's bad. >_<

Also, this is a long chapter so take your time reading it, don't rush it. This is also bordering rated-m. :/ (/^-^)/


 

 

Summer for an eight year old Baekhyun was made up of buying cheap yet delicious lemonades at that pretty girl’s stand by the next block, playing small pranks with the kids in the neighborhood who also sometimes play small pranks at him, flying kites on the grass field near their house where the wind is always stronger, and killing small helpless ants at the anthill in their backyard cause he got no school works to keep him busy. If he could only just hear the screams and commotions of the ants as he puts an end to their measly little life one squash at a time, his summers would be perfect. He wondered what they would scream if he can hear and understand them, would they just shriek at the top of their lungs or would they beg to him to please spare their pathetic little lives. Either way, Baekhyun would enjoy the hopelessness and despair that would drip from their voice. Hearing pitiful whimpers and cries for revenge from small creatures all the time would be noisy and annoying though as time goes on, and Baekhyun wouldn’t want any of that. After all, how can a dead ant seek revenge to him? The idea of being able to hear ants does not sound appealing any more.

Yes, Baekhyun’s summer was as perfect as it was. That is, until his mother dropped a bomb called bad news (It’s bad news for only poor Baekhyun though, what a pity). Imagine the terror and betrayal on Baekhyun’s face once his mother told him that they would move house. Yes, freaking move house to the other edge of their town. Can you believe that? Baekhyun couldn’t believe that. They had a perfectly nice and comfortable house.  Why would they need to move?

“That house has a balcony.” His mother reasoned.

“It’s near the public library.” His older sister added.

“It’s near that cool playground.” His younger brother shrugged.

“We’re neighbors with my buddy from work.” His father concluded.

Just great! He’s the only one who seems to be against this ridiculous plan, so he did what he does best. Being the brat that he was, he whined about how absurd and stupid that plan was, and Baekhyun’s whines could easily win ‘the most annoying whine ever award’. No matter how infuriating Baekhyun’s whine was though, his family seemed to have a bullet-proof vest against it complete with a helmet just in case. He only got more injudicious reasons from his family on how he was the one who was being nonsensical and not them. Baekhyun still begged to differ, but his family wouldn’t hear him out.

“This house is bigger” His mother started.

“It’s near my school.” His older sister supplemented.

“I have my own room there so we wouldn’t have to share rooms.” His younger brother said.

“We’re neighbors with my buddy from work.” His father reiterated.

That was how Baekhyun—who was completely overwhelmed by the rest of his family—was forced to change residency against his will. It may not look like it, but Baekhyun was a very filial son so he didn’t want to blame his parents for his perfect summer’s demise. He had to blame someone though, that is just how Baekhyun was, and his dad’s buddy from work seemed to be his best option.

“I’m glad that you and your family moved to this house buddy.” His dad’s friend said when he, along with the rest of his family, offered to help them move their stuffs to their new house.

His dad’s friend was very tall and looks outright intimidating and Baekhyun had no choice but to raise a white flag on blaming him, so he was forced to avert his blame on his dad’s friend's family instead. His dad’s friend’s older son who always looked so nonchalant while helping them except when he was cooing and patting his younger brother’s head while helping him move the big cartons was out of the list since he overheard his dad’s friend told his father that his older son was already a brown-belter in taekwondo. Never mess with a brown-belter in taekwondo. The other son though was a perfect candidate. Petite body, short height, wide eyes, and above all, had no belts in taekwondo. How perfect, Baekhyun couldn’t wait to make this boy’s life miserable. It would be very easy. It would be very very easy.

Baekhyun had never been so wrong in his entire life.

The dead ants might be the ones who built this perfect fraudulent robot disguised as an innocent boy to get revenge to him.

The boy’s name is Do Kyungsoo.

……..

Summer for a seventeen-year-old Baekhyun will be made up of playing computer games all day long without touching a ray of sunlight even for just a millisecond, gaining kilograms by eating cheese curls and ordered pizza in the confinements of the four corners of his room, surfing the net and occasionally watching not-so-innocent videos in not-so-innocent websites in a kind-of-boring night doing not-so innocent things with his right hand if you know what I mean, and bullying that short dud kid in the neighborhood. No, this kid he is bullying is not Do Kyungsoo. He has long given up in making that boy’s life into a living hell, or at least trying to. This kid he is bullying is a lot less young and also definitely a lot less dense than that Kyungsoo kid who might or might not still be scheming with those conniving imaginary ghost ants to plan and plot their revenge against him.

Yes, without the possible looming threat from that Do Kyungsoo that he will try to ignore for the next few months, Baekhyun is looking forward to what might be the most perfect summer he will have since they moved house which Baekhyun still groundlessly believe is completely Do Kyungsoo’s fault.  There’s only ten minutes left between him and that oh-so-perfect summer. The summer of 2014 will be perfect. That is, until his homeroom teacher dropped a bomb called (guess what?) bad news.

“Baekhyun, the disciplinary committee is very disappointed in your behavior this school year, and there’s another report to the principal’s office about you pushing someone into his locker again.” His teacher makes a ‘tss-tss’ sound while shaking her head, “Now, if your mother is not the principal of this school, you would have been long expelled. Mind you, your mother is very disappointed in you as well. Anyways, the disciplinary committee discussed that you should do community work for your summer as a punishment. If you ask me, that’s a light punishment. You should be able to sell a thousand boxes of SM Product’s Red Velvet Cookies before the summer ends or you would be expelled. Understand, expelled. E-X-P-E-L-L-E-D. Expelled!” Every letter that his teacher drops is filled with venom. Even more so, his teacher has to also announce this in front of his classmates to embarrass him further. His teacher just couldn’t contain his absolute aversion towards him. Come to think of it, everyone—not only his teacher—hates him. His classmates are silent, but he can feel all their stabbing gazes penetrating him. He is pretty sure that more than half of the class is blissful at the news their teacher gave, the very few others are just indifferent. No one would feel sorry for him. No one would say ‘It’s okay Baekhyun. You can still make your summer perfect.’ He did deserve this punishment after all.

“Am I going to do all the selling alone?” Baekhyun says and he made sure not to sound crestfallen or even a tad bit distraught by the information. The nonchalance in his voice makes his teacher wince a little, she doesn’t like it when a prey of her does not show any scar of affectedness when she humiliates them in front of the whole class. She is hailed as the most ferocious tiger of a terror teacher in this school after all, but then again Baekhyun is no stranger to being her prey and being the principal’s son has its good sides.

“Well, there should be two people to guard you to make sure that you did all the selling and not force someone to do it for you. If someone did not volunteer among your classmates then I should be the one who picks it for you.” His teacher says causing simultaneous groans echoing around the room since obviously no one wants to do it, the teacher then quickly laughs and continues: “I’m just joking. If no one wants to accompany Baekhyun then he will just be automatically expelled. So who would be willing to accompany our school resident bully?”

Baekhyun gulps, looks like he will have to look for another school to attend to. He just hopes his mother won’t enroll him to that school for juvenile delinquents next town. He got into his first ever fist-fight when he passed there once, and let’s just say that the students there are very good with their fists. Baekhyun shudders at the memory.

Their teacher looks at her class and all eyes are averted away from her direction. No one dares to raise his hand and they were all dead silent. This is their one way ticket to get rid of Baekhyun and besides, who would want to spend his summer helping a bully sell cookies all around town? Nobody. Well, nobody unless you have two huge orbs, a heart shaped lips, a height that is not very gifted, and a name ‘Do Kyungsoo’ on your birth certificate written in caps locks that is.

After quite a while of silence, a small shy hand belonging to the said boy is slowly raised. If you listen closely, you can hear some small gasps from his classmates. The shock on their teacher is very obvious in her grimace, and she’s not the only one wearing that kind of expression.

“So, Kyungsoo. You’re the brave soul who wants to guard Baekhyun.” The teacher says refusing to say the word ‘help’ in favor of ‘guard’. “You can still change your mind dear. If Baekhyun is forcing you to do this, please do tell. Don’t be afraid, your classmates and I can protect you from him.”

“No, Baekhyun is not forcing me to do this, definitely not. I just want to help him.” Kyungsoo says meekly then gives a tentative smile. He then slowly looks at Baekhyun who is also already looking at him. Their gazes met, eye on eye. Not a second is wasted until Kyungsoo’s face turns all scarlet. He quickly looks away from Baekhyun with a small gasp. The blush on his face, not wavering.

“Oh, okay then. You could still change your mind any time during summer though.” His teacher reminds hoping Kyungsoo to still quit.

Baekhyun should be thankful of Kyungsoo, but no, he is not. Baekhyun groans silently. Fantastic, he is going to be stuck with Kyungsoo —who is way more immature than his seven year old cousin — for the rest of the summer. Could his supposed perfect summer get any worse? Thankfully, there’s two other person who doesn’t like the idea of Kyungsoo spending time with him (or with other boys in general), and Baekhyun is hoping that they could compel Kyungsoo into backing out in guarding him. Baekhyun could just coerce someone to guard him instead.  As if on cue, those two boys start to voice their disapproval.

“Kyungsoo, you couldn’t.” Sehun starts.

“You said you would join us to visit to that new ocean park.” Jongin follows.

“You said we’ll watch together that new DVDs you bought.”

“You said that the three of us would have alternate sleepovers starting with my house.”

“You said you’ll let us cuddle with you on those sleepovers”

“Yes, don’t forget the cuddles. We won’t forget the cuddles.”

“You said you’ll cook whatever food we want.”

“Yes, I’ve been craving for your kimchi spaghetti!”

“You said we’ll spend our summer together!” Jongin and Sehun both conclude as if it’s rehearsed.

“Relax you guys. I won’t break those promises.” Kyungsoo says. Having two possessive boyfriends best friends could sometimes be a pain in the .

“Even the cuddle part?” They ask in unison.

“Yes, even that.”

Jongin and Sehun then smugly look at their other classmates as if to say: ‘Hah! We could cuddle with Kyungsoo. You are all peasants in his eyes while we are his prince. That’s right. Bow down to us you peasants! Bow down to Kyungsoo’s princes!’ Most of the class groans in either jealousy or annoyance at that. It is no secret that their entire section has a thing for the doe-eyed cutie, Do Kyungsoo. All of them know it too well. No matter how hard they try in getting Kyungsoo to like them back, it’s all no use because at the end of the day, Jongin and Sehun are always the one who gets him. They always get the final laugh which is very frustrating. Well, all of that might change this summer, and that’s why a hand belonging to an optimist who wants to steal Kyungsoo’s heart from his ‘prince charmings’ is raised.

“Yes Yixing?” The teacher asks.

“I also volunteer to ‘guard’ Baekhyun with Kyungsoo.” The boy, Yixing, says. He then looks at Kyungsoo and winks causing the doe-eyed boy to blush scarlet for the second time that day. Yixing’s pride swelled a bit when he notices the reaction he elicits from Kyungsoo. Truthfully, this is not the first time he coaxes a blush to appear in Kyungsoo’s face. He, most of time, makes Kyungsoo blush whenever he winks at him, pat his head, pinch his cheek and praise or compliments him, and gosh, a blushing Kyungsoo is such wonderful sight to behold. All of these were done on the rare times that Jongin and Sehun is not anywhere near Kyungsoo’s shadow though. All of these could also be done for the whole summer if Jongin and Sehun won’t guard their Kyungsoo that is.

“I couldn’t believe it. Two people actually volunteered. Consider yourself lucky Baek—” The teacher starts.

“Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. WAIT!” Sehun repeats again and again disrupting their teacher.

“We object!” Jongin vehemently announces shooting daggers at Yixing and Baekhyun’s direction; the two who stole their Kyungsoo for the whole summer. “We won’t let our Kyungsoo spend the rest of his summer with a bully and a ert.”

“Hey guys. I thought we were friends. Help me build up my image for Kyungsoo, would you?” Yixing smiles at the two irritated boy. It’s not the first time someone called him ert to be honest, but this is the first time someone did it in front of Kyungsoo, his soon-to-be-boyfriend or at least that’s what he wishes he will be.

“We’re not friends, we’re kind-of-friends. There’s a difference.” Sehun deadpans. Yixing shrugs.

“Guys, I’m totally fine spending my summer with Yixing and Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo says.

Jongin and Sehun would of course not let Kyungsoo off the hook that easily.

“They might do something bad to your body. No, they will do something bad to you,” Jongin says while glaring at Baekhyun and Yixing one after the other. Baekhyun rolls his eyes while Yixing did not budge a bit. He has been accused by Jongin and Sehun several times already on wanting to their precious little Kyungsoo to even be bothered being accused again of wanting to ually abuse him. He do have with Kyungsoo frequently in his imagination, but that’s it, in his imagination. 

“I will help Baekhyun and that’s final or you won’t get any cuddles” Kyungsoo deadpans. Seriously, why would Jongin and Sehun need to cuddle him, they got each other after all. They could do it without him.

“But-”

“No buts!”

“O-okay.” Jongin and Sehun are left with no choice but to comply.

Jongin and Sehun are starting to get in Baekhyun’s nerves. Just the thought of someone thinking he would want to Kyungsoo is already infuriating enough, and Baekhyun already hugely dislikes Jongin and Sehun in the first place for reasons he can’t fathom. He always cringes in displeasure whenever he saw them being all so sweet with Kyungsoo. Maybe the cheesiness of it all overwhelms him. 

Baekhyun then notices a vandal written on his desk. This is obviously not the first time he has seen the vandal because this is his desk for the whole semester, but this is the first time that he considers on following what the vandal says because maybe this could be the solution to his problem on wanting to have revenge on Kyungsoo for ruining all his summers. Baekhyun got his notes from his bag and recorded what the vandal says:

 

A Beginner’s Guide to Bullying

  1. Insult the person you bully every time you see him/her.
  2. Beat the person/s you bully until he/she couldn’t fight back.
  3. Give the person/s you bully bruises, something to make him/her remember you.

 

“Baekhyun, you would be able to get the boxes of Red Velvet Cupcakes from the school guard. You should sell it for 5,500 won and all the money you get from it should be handed to me and I will hand it to the treasurer. Understand?” The teacher instructs. Baekhyun nods uninterestedly. “Remember, you should be able to sell a thousand boxes, and Kyungsoo and Yixing should be able to guard you or you will be expelled.”

Baekhyun puts his notes back in his bag and studies the wall clock. There’s less than a minute left before the school ends. Everyone’s eyes are practically glued at the wall clock now. Baekhyun couldn’t wait to make this summer a hell for his classmates’ little angel, Kyungsoo. That’s a promise, and Baekhyun doesn’t break promises.

The bell rings. Ecstatic roars and cacophonous noise erupts in the whole school. Amidst the noise, Baekhyun is only looking at a giggling Kyungsoo being bear hugged by Jongin and Sehun. A devious promise is etched on his brain.

Let the summer begin.

……..

1. Insult the person you bully every time you see him/her.

 

Kyungsoo is enjoying selling cookies while Yixing is enjoying Kyungsoo. Baekhyun? He is frustrated. He couldn’t think of any better time to say ‘I told you so’ to himself. He should’ve known that his bullying prowess is no use for Kyungsoo, and to top it all, he is following a guide that was written on his school desk designed for beginners. Baekhyun is totally not a beginner in bullying. He is, as a matter of fact, a pro in it. So why couldn’t he bully Kyungsoo? He doesn’t know the answer either.

It’s already their eighth day selling cookies, and so far they have only managed to sell fifty-eight boxes. Yes, only that little since why would anyone buy such an overprized box of cookies? The disciplinary committee could have just expelled him to save him from all this trouble. He is 95% sure that he won’t be able to accomplish selling a thousand boxes over the summer. It’s the 5% that keeps him hanging though. A huge portion of what they sold was actually bought by them. There goes their allowance and on Baekhyun’s part, his savings as well.

Spending time with Kyungsoo and Yixing is surprisingly tolerable except on rare times when Yixing gets a little too touchy with an ever oblivious Kyungsoo. Baekhyun does not like that at all. No, not one bit. His reason? He doesn’t like any form of public display of affection regardless if it’s Kyungsoo, and ruffling someone’s hair or lightly touching someone’s waist falls into PDA in Baekhyun’s books. Yixing has even started calling Kyungsoo ‘jagiya’. That’s absolutely cringe-worthy.

“Kyungsoo, could I call you jagiya?” Yixing asked Kyungsoo when they were on their first day selling.

“Uh, I thought that only couples call that to each other.” Kyungsoo tilted his head cutely. Yixing’s heart skipped a beat. He is definitely gay for Kyungsoo.

“It doesn’t matter. I want to call you ‘jagiya’ and I won’t take no for an answer.” Yixing said adamantly and follows it with a whisper:  “You would soon be my jagiya anyways so I might as well start calling you that now.” Only Baekhyun heard that part.

“Ok then. Suit yourself.” Kyungsoo shrugged. Baekhyun groaned. Kyungsoo is just fueling Yixing’s fantasy on him, and he won’t be surprise that what Jongin predicted will come true: Kyungsoo would be by either him or Yixing before the summer ends, and that someone would surely not be him.

Yixing looked like he just won the lottery because of Kyungsoo’s approval, and for the rest of that day, he wouldn’t stop calling Kyungsoo ‘jagiya’. Every. Damn. Freaking. Second. Baekhyun swore that if Yixing would continue that behavior, there might be one less person enrolling in their school when it starts.

Anyways, back to the present. Yixing and Kyungsoo would sometimes initiate a conversation with him, but they always receive dead silence in response. Baekhyun would only speak when he is doing the sales talk or when he has the opportunity to insult Kyungsoo, and Baekhyun is doing badly at both.

“What did you do yesterday, jagiya?” Yixing casually asks Kyungsoo while he fixes the hair strands that was covering Kyungsoo’s forehead to the side. There goes the touchy PDA and the ‘jagiya’ endearment that Baekhyun is irked at again.

“It was raining badly yesterday—which is strange because it’s summer— so I was stuck in my house. It’s not boring though since I talked a lot with my cousin who just arrived to my house the day before yesterday to spend the summer here. Jongin and Sehun also went to our house yesterday. It was fun.” Kyungsoo replies. Yixing maintains a steady smile even if he did not like the mention of Jongin and Sehun.  “How about you?”

“I had to work double shifts on the café where I work. It’s no fun at all.” Yixing says then pouts. He is trying to act cute in front of Kyungsoo, Baekhyun notes. He is more infuriating than adorable though, Baekhyun thinks.

“Well. Ummm… What did you do yesterday Baekhyun?” Kyungsoo asks Baekhyun trying to include him to their conversation again so that he wouldn’t feel left out.

Dead silence ensues. Kyungsoo is expecting that.

Thankfully they got into another house to save Kyungsoo from the awkward situation. Baekhyun presses the doorbell, and out came a lanky boy about their age.

“We are selling Red Velvet Cookies. You should buy one, I mean it. If you don’t something bad will happen to you.” Baekhyun’s gaze at the boy is smoldering. After a second or two, a closed door meets their faces, and they could hear the boy locking the door.

Another failed attempt. Yixing and Kyungsoo sigh while Baekhyun is still threatening the boy to open the door.

“Maybe it’s about time that we should do the sales talk Baekhyun. We could make my handsomeness and Kyungsoo’s squishiness into an asset.” Yixing says. The last part came out as a whisper.

“Kyungsoo doing the sales talk?” Baekhyun snorts. “A lot of people would think we are a bunch of girl scouts selling cookies then.”

“That’s very rude of you Baek—” Yixing starts.

“I always wanted to be a girl scout.” Kyungsoo cuts softly silencing his two companions.

Baekhyun and Yixing’s jaw literally drops, and upon noticing it, Kyungsoo quickly defends himself.

“No, I don’t mean I want to be a girl. What I mean is I sometimes wonder what it would feel like being a girl scout selling cookies. Don’t you?” Kyungsoo is being genuine. Yixing likes that while Baekhyun takes it as an opportunity to insult Kyungsoo some more.

“No we don’t, you are absolutely weird.” Baekhyun barks, “come on we need to get to another house, I couldn’t handle your idiocy. Maybe that’s why almost no one buys cookies from us.”

“I for one think that you wanting to be a girl scout is adorable jagiya. Maybe you could cross-dress for me sometimes. I would like that a lot.” Yixing says, imagining what Kyungsoo would look like cross-dressing. Very pretty, he’s sure.

“No, I won’t. That’s too embarrassing.” Kyungsoo giggles, “Looks like Baekhyun is being a hot-headed meannie-pants again today.”

“He is always angry, jagiya. Have you not notice that his knitted eyebrows is perpetual on his face.” Yixing says while imitating Baekhyun’s angry brows as if he’s not there with them. Baekhyun just pretends he did not hear them.

Just then, they arrive into another house. This time, Kyungsoo presses the doorbell, and out comes a short-haired girl about a few years older than them.

“Sorry to bother you miss, but we are selling this delicious Red Velvet Cookies and---” The door got closed in Yixing’s face. He sighs. “Well, So much for my sales talking.”

Baekhyun, however, abruptly opened the door again scanning for the girl’s retreating figure.

“Ummm… excuse me miss, but are you perhaps Amber Liu by any chance?” Baekhyun asks politely. Never have Kyungsoo and Yixing saw Baekhyun this respectful before.

“I see, you know me.” The girl, Amber, replies. She then looks at Baekhyun from head to toe, judging.

“O-of course. I’m your biggest fan!” Baekhyun says, not able to suppress the stutter.

Amber is the most well known bully in their town and Baekhyun is one of her many bully admirers. Even the kids from that juvenile delinquent school next town are afraid of her. There’s a rumor that says she beat an entire gang by herself.  Only a fool would mess with Amber Liu.

“Please mentor me in bullying!” Baekhyun bows 90 degrees. Kyungsoo and Yixing gapes. To say that they are surprise at what Baekhyun is doing right now is an understatement. Amber looks at the bowing boy for a moment, contemplating.

“I’m bored as hell this summer so why not?” Amber shrugs and Baekhyun wants to yelp in happiness, but he decides not to. A bully never shows too much emotion, so he just celebrated silently on his head as opposed to his calm and collected demeanor. At least, some good things come out by selling boxes of overpriced cookies.

“It would be an honor to be your disciple, songsaengnim.” Baekhyun still maintains his 90 degree bow until Amber motions him to stand straight. “I’ll return here. I want to ask you for advice.”

Baekhyun looks at Kyungsoo. I’ll make you cry and that’s for sure, Baekhyun promises and remember? Baekhyun never breaks promises.

……..

It's not until a week later that Baekhyun fulfilled his promise. With all the selling they’ve done, he couldn’t find some good timing to do that earlier.

It turns out that Yixing and Kyungsoo doing the sales talk is a whole lot effective than him doing it. Yixing is a very friendly person who knows almost everyone in their town while Kyungsoo, oh sweet Kyungsoo, has caused some boys to be struck by cupid’s arrow causing them to buy boxes of cookies in exchange for a kiss in the cheek that he enthusiastically complies without a second thought. There was even this forty-something creepy old guy (which is obviously a e, Baekhyun thinks) that Kyungsoo pecks without hesitation. Baekhyun wants to puke straight into that man, but he didn’t because he might take back the seven boxes of cookies he bought. Yes, seven boxes. Yes, seven overpriced undiscounted boxes.

So here they are in the café where Yixing is working, cheesecakes and cold drinks on the table with the aroma of coffee and cocoa filling the air. So far, this has been their most successful day to date, and they are supposed to celebrate there. Yixing and Kyungsoo are unnecessarily more jovial than him. Baekhyun wouldn’t even agree to come there with them if it weren’t Yixing’s treat.

“What’s wrong, Baekhyun? You should be happy. We sold thirty-five boxes just this day.” Kyungsoo beams after a mouthful of cheesecake. Baekhyun’s eyes are indeed more knit and his grimace more angry.

“He might be angry because we are better at selling than him, or maybe he is angry because he’s jealous at all the boys you kissed this day. I’m jealous too, I couldn’t blame him.” Yixing says while, yes, whispering the last part.

“I am not jealous!” Baekhyun defensively exclaims drawing looks from then other customers in the café which made him duck his head out of embarrassment. “I’m not jealous.” He repeats, this time more quietly.

“Fine, you’re not. I’m so sorry for even thinking that,” Yixing says, sarcasm dripping at every syllable he enunciates and a knowing smile on his face.

“Umm, Baekhyun?” Kyungsoo casually says looking at Baekhyun. “Why aren’t you eating your cheesecake, are you not hungry?”

Baekhyun looks at Kyungsoo’s plate, his cheesecake is all finished. Baekhyun looks at Kyungsoo’s gaze on his cheesecake, he wants it. He should’ve known that all those foods Sehun and Jongin always bring to school were not for them but for their ever-so-hungry Kyungsoo.

“C-can I have your cheesecake if you won’t eat it?” Kyungsoo silently asks, wide doe eyes looking at him with a hopeful look wanting him to say yes.

Baekhyun want to say a big fat ‘no!’ to Kyungsoo so that he could enjoy the look of dejection on his face, and that is why he thought that the devil must be controlling him when his hand gave the cheesecake to Kyungsoo in autopilot while he says: “Here, have it”. He wants to regret what he did but he finds it very hard since the thankful look that Kyungsoo gives him is causing his breath to stutter. Damn those eyes. Damn that smile. Damn Kyungsoo’s effect on his body.

Baekhyun’s gaze is glued on Kyungsoo happily munching his cheesecake. Yixing, on the other hand, is looking at Baekhyun. At that moment, Yixing is now a hundred percent sure that Baekhyun’s heart is also conquered by Kyungsoo, looks like everyone in their class is now in the hands of Kyungsoo. Being in an all-boy school is hard for them hormonal teenagers, but Kyungsoo’s presence makes it a whole lot easier. Before they know it, almost every one of them fell for him. Everyone now since the last man standing, Baekhyun, seems to have fallen for him as well. Yixing then shifts his gaze towards Kyungsoo. He has know clue how much everyone longs for him. Sometimes Yixing would wonder what it would be like if Kyungsoo is not that oblivious with everyone’s feeling on him. Will he choose either Jongin or Sehun? Will he choose someone else, maybe him or Baekhyun? Or will he choose no one opting to be straight? Yixing didn’t think too long to ponder on that question though since Baekhyun interjects his line of thinking.

“So where are Jongin and Sehun?” Baekhyun says still looking at Kyungsoo. Here it is. His secret weapon he learned from Amber. He’s going to make Kyungsoo cry by just words alone.

“Sometimes the best insult is not an insult at all,” Amber’s words echoes in Baekhyun’s minds. “Sometimes you just need to tell something that he doesn’t want to hear.”

“I don’t know, maybe on a date or something?” Kyungsoo answers then took another bite of what was Baekhyun’s cheesecake. Kyungsoo just couldn’t get enough of the mouthwatering cheesy taste. He’ll take cheesecakes over chocolate cakes anytime of the day.

“What?! On a date? How could that be possible?” Baekhyun fakes a gasp. Kyungsoo then looks at him as if he’s the dumbest person in the world.

“Ummm… they are a couple. Why wouldn’t that be possible?” Kyungsoo replies matter-of-factly.

“Last time I check, Jongin and Sehun don’t even like each other romantically. Them being together would be utterly impossible since I’m sure they are head over heels for someone else.”

“I’m their best friend Baekhyun. Trust me, they are in a relationship.”

“Jongin and Sehun are not together. They both like another boy. Trust me, Yixing could attest what I say.” Baekhyun retaliates. Kyungsoo then looks at Yixing for confirmation.

“Tell me Yixing that what he is saying is all bogus.” Kyungsoo says pointing at Baekhyun. Yixing looks like he is being cornered. Will he be honest or will he say what his jagiya wants to hear? Of course he wants to say what his jagiya wants to hear, but Yixing’s mother raised him to be an honest boy. Yixing grew up to be an honest boy. What you hear from him is all truth. Besides, what if he tells Kyungsoo what he wants hear and soon he will find out the truth? His jagiya might resent him. Full anger. Yixing wouldn’t like that. He has to tell the truth.

“Umm. I hate to be saying this jagiya, I really do, but Baekhyun is right. Jongin and Sehun both like another boy. As a matter of fact, they went here every Thursday during my shift so that they could just copy pictures of him.” Yixing says with the idea that Kyungsoo hearing this sooner than later is for the better. At least he would know the truth before it’s too late. The problem is it’s already too late. Kyungsoo is already a die-hard Sekai shipper.

“Stop joking.”

“I’m not joking.”

“No, both of you are lying.” Moisture is already forming in Kyungsoo’s obsidian orbs and that breaks Yixing’s heart into pieces. His jagiya doesn’t deserve to cry. Kyungsoo then covers his ears like a child, closes his eyes causing a lone tear to fall, and keeps repeating “La-la-las” so that whatever Yixing and Baekhyun will say will be drowned by the noise.

Baekhyun rolls his eyes.  It took him years to elicit this reaction from him. If only he knows that Kyungsoo is immune to insults but weak to Jongin-and-Sehun-being-not-a-real-couple sooner, he would’ve gotten his revenge years ago.

Baekhyun is still not satisfied though. Kyungsoo should cry more. That is why he grabs both Kyungsoo’s hand from his ears causing Kyungsoo to open his eyes, glistening orbs looking straight at him. Both their face are too close for comfort causing Kyungsoo to be uncomfortable, mere inches separating them. Baekhyun’s hold on his arms is not easing the situation either.

“Sehun and Jongin are not dating. Accept it!” Baekhyun enunciates, and that’s it, rivulets started streaming down Kyungsoo’s face as soon as Baekhyun finishes what he said.

“Y-you’re l-lying!” Kyungsoo shots back, but the tremble on his voice tells him that he is already defeated.

Yixing then hugs Kyungsoo in his seat while rubbing circles in his back hoping to comfort his jagiya. After all, he is one of the reasons why his jagiya is crying. If only he lied. He now regrets his decision. Yixing then glares at a satisfied looking Baekhyun. He is angry with him. He takes back what he thought earlier, Baekhyun is definitely not in love with Kyungsoo. It’s all good though, he doesn’t deserve Kyungsoo anyways. Not in a million years.

“I suggest you go home Baekhyun or I might do something to you that I might regret if I’m already thrown in jail for murder.”

Baekhyun looks at the trembling Kyungsoo in Yixing’s arm. Somehow his satisfaction lessens the moment Yixing hugs the petite boy, but nevertheless, Baekhyun still rises from his chair then goes out without a word except for a smirk. Not even a single ‘sorry’ is given.

“There there!” Yixing says patting Kyungsoo’s head the moment Baekhyun is gone. He could already feel the part of his shirt covering his chest going wet with Kyungsoo’s tears. It’s okay though, he’ll gladly be the handkerchief that’ll wipe Kyungsoo’s tears away. He hugs Kyungsoo tighter. Is it wrong for Yixing to be grateful for Baekhyun making Kyungsoo cry? Without Baekhyun, he wouldn’t have the opportunity to do this. Comforting Kyungsoo is and will always be one of his passions.

“Y-yixing?” Kyungsoo stutters in Yixing’s chest while looking up at him. Beads of tears is collected near his eyes “C-could you tell me who’s the boy that Jongin and Sehun like. I swear, I’ll murder him.”

You.

“Come again?” Yixing says. Of course, he wouldn’t want to be the one to confess for Jongin and Sehun. Kyungsoo might like one of them back, and he could blame himself in the future for being the reason why Kyungsoo wouldn’t be single anymore.

“Tell me the name of that er preventing my best friends’ love. I’ll torture him then kill him very slowly.” Kyungsoo says with intensity evident on his eyes.

Yixing gulps. Kyungsoo looks like he is the spawn of Satan right now. He might not be exaggerating on what he is saying. This is also the first time ever he heard Kyungsoo swear.

You. “I don’t know either.” Yixing replies. He never knew his jagiya could look scary if he wants to. Yixing then hugs him tighter again. Kyungsoo just pouts then lets himself be hugged. He is already used to tight hugs from Jongin, Sehun, and his brother anyways.

….....

Baekhyun arrives back to his house then quickly took his notebook and put a check mark to his first task signifying that he had accomplish it already. Baekhyun sighs. He had been happy earlier that he finally made Kyungsoo cry. That’s a huge step to his revenge, but why is guilt consuming him right now.

No. no. no. Baekhyun shouldn’t feel guilty. Bullies should never feel guilty. That’s why they’re called bullies in the first place. ‘Sorry’ and any form of apologies is not a part of their vocabulary.

Flashes of crying Kyungsoo then appears to Baekhyun’s mind and he feels guilty again. What more is that Baekhyun could strangely feel all his blood going south.

What the heck is going on?

Oh. No. no. no. Why is he by a crying Kyungsoo? This feels entirely wrong. Yixing is supposed to be the ert, not him. Baekhyun then tries to do things to preoccupy his mind away from the naughty thoughts. Kyungsoo bent down on the table as he pounds his length on him mercilessly while ravishing his porcelain innocence. Such a ert he is.

 Good thing playing the new version of ‘Battle of Yore’ in his PC did the job.

Phew, that was a close call. After all, a bully is not supposed to get off with the dirty thought of the person he is bullying. That’s just plain wrong.

........

2. Beat the person/s you bully until he/she couldn’t fight back.

 

In all honesty, Baekhyun thinks that he doesn’t deserve Kyungsoo and Yixing’s presence the next day when they both knock at his house to start the day early with selling cookies. He thought that Kyungsoo and by default Yixing would back out at helping him, but here they are: earlier than ever. Baekhyun vaguely notes that Kyungsoo’s eyes are still a bit puffy, probably remnants of a whole night crying on his bed. He did not know that what he said yesterday would have this effect on poor Kyungsoo.  A pang of guilt pricks Baekhyun’s heart but he forcedly dismisses it as soon as it arrives. No, he should not feel guilty. A bully never feels guilt, and he should not be an exception.

Baekhyun would always think that every day would be the last time Yixing and Kyungsoo would help him, but they return again every next day intensifying Baekhyun’s guilt. There’s one thing though, Kyungsoo stopped talking to him. All Kyungsoo would give him are cold shoulders. Every time he approached him, Kyungsoo would go the other way after dropping a cold ‘hmmph!’

“I suggest you change clothes unless you want to go over town selling cookies in your pajamas.” Yixing substitutes for a morning greeting on another particular early morning. He did what Yixing said, and they started to go door to door without even uttering a single word to each other during the first few houses. Yixing and Kyungsoo did, but never with Baekhyun.

This was always the case, but lately he feels different. He feels like an outcast. He feels like a pariah. He feels like his presence is needed but not wanted. He hates it but he hates it more that he hates it. By now he should’ve been used to the fact that a lot of people wouldn’t want to be together with him, this is the hard path to bullying that he chose to venture, and he doesn’t plan on diverging from that. Yixing and Kyungsoo not liking him is just a nuisance that should be easy to shake off.

“Oh, you three are so adorable!” A plump ahjumma gushes after he bought three boxes of Red Velvet Cookies from them while squeezing Yixing’s face. “This one is especially handsome with his dimples. I should introduce you to my daughter.”

The ahjumma then gives his attention to Kyungsoo. “This one is such a cutie. Ooh, I want to adopt you sweetie. It would be nice to have you as my son, your parents are so lucky”

She then proceeds to Baekhyun and right when she is about to squeeze his face, Baekhyun growls akin to that of a wolf. “Ooh. This one is feisty, I like that.”

“Ummm… Ahjumma, it’s really nice for you to buy three boxes of cookies, but we should really go now.” Yixing says as politely as he could upon noticing that Baekhyun is on the brink of snapping out to the lady.

“Ok then, but you boys could come back here anytime you like. That would be lovely.” The ahjumma says then enters her house after a final wave that Kyungsoo and Yixing return. Being with moody Baekhyun is now starting to get on Yixing’s nerves, and to think that he was one of the few people who didn’t despise him.

…..

“Forty-five. Could you all believe that? We sold forty-five boxes today. We beat our last record.”  Yixing announces. “I don’t know about you two, but I think this call for another celebration.”

Kyungsoo nods. He is like a loyal puppy always agreeing at what Yixing is suggesting. If Baekhyun didn’t know any better, he would’ve thought that this is just another excuse of Yixing to get Kyungsoo on a pseudo-date. Ok, scratch that. He knows that this is just another excuse of Yixing to get Kyungsoo on a pseudo-date.

Oh, so maybe Yixing is expecting him to not join this celebration because he and Kyungsoo are not in good terms. Baekhyun smiles inwardly, Yixing is wrong. He will join them in this celebration.

Ten minutes later and they find themselves on an arcade. Yixing’s idea of a date celebration turns out to be them playing there. Since it’s the summer and the arcade always has its summer bonanzas yearly, the arcade is unsurprisingly crowded and noisy. Their town’s arcade however is gigantic so there are still some unoccupied slots.

“Are you sure that you wouldn’t want to go home? I mean Kyungsoo has not even given you a single word this week.” Yixing says. Baekhyun was right that Yixing obviously thought that he won’t tag along with them.

“It’s okay Yixing. I still want to tag along with you guys.” Baekhyun replies. He then looks at Kyungsoo who just returned from the token counter with a sack full of tokens. He doesn’t know why he is so concerned with going here with the both of them. He’d rather play in his console at the comfort of his room rather than in this suffocating place, and Yixing is right that Kyungsoo is obviously avoiding him like a plague. He has not talked to him or even lays his gaze towards him. It's like he’s not even there, but he is still helping him sell cookies. Baekhyun doesn’t know how the gears in Kyungsoo’s brain work sometimes. He do know however that he wouldn’t want to leave Kyungsoo alone with Yixing, the most erted man in their entire school with a vast collection of , and keeps all of it in the same folder he keeps pictures of Kyungsoo. No need to tell the title of that folder. Everyone in their class except Kyungsoo, Jongin, and Sehun knows that. Jongin and Sehun might murder Yixing if they discover it.

Yes, Baekhyun is just concerned with Kyungsoo's well-being. That’s it. Nothing else.

So why would a bully want to keep the person he is bullying safe? Maybe Baekhyun is just selfish. He wants to be the only one who abuse Kyungsoo.

“Jagiya, that’s a lot of tokens. Let’s play at that basketball machine.” Yixing says pointing at the said game and Kyungsoo follows him happily.

Games after games. Tokens after tokens. Tickets after tickets. Only Yixing and Kyungsoo are playing together. Yixing have gotten his victory after all. He has the pseudo-date he wants with Kyungsoo. Baekhyun might as well be just a stranger there.

They even played on one of those stupid stuffed toy crane machine where you are suppose  to place a toy in a hole by controlling a mechanical hand.

“Ooh. Could you get that one for me, Yixing?” Kyungsoo points at a cute panda toy at the upper right corner of the machine.

“Anything for my Jagiya.” Yixing beams then placed a token in the coin slot.

Gross, they are acting like a couple, Baekhyun cringes. He snickers when Yixing failed to get the toy. Both Kyungsoo and Yixing groan, not hearing Baekhyun. Yixing placed another token on the slot.

“I will get it this time, jagiya” Yixing assures.

The panda toy is indeed finally obtained, but it’s not until thirteen more tokens and failed attempts.

Kyungsoo hugs the toy. “Thank you Yixing” Kyungsoo says then hugs Yixing out of gratitude. The panda toy squeezed between them.

The sudden hug caused Yixing to smile.

The sudden hug caused Baekhyun to see green.

Baekhyun abruptly grabs Kyungsoo away from Yixing. He then harshly drags Kyungsoo to the video game section and there, he hugs Kyungsoo all for himself. Mine. Kyungsoo’s protest is muffled by Baekhyun’s shoulder.

“Hey that was supposed to be my hug.” Yixing says the moment he catches up with them.

Kyungsoo then pushed Baekhyun away, scandalized. “W-why did you hug me?” He demands.

“I… I ummm…” Baekhyun starts. Why did he even drag Kyungsoo then hug him anyway?

Jealousy

“I w-want to say sorry from what I did last time. I ummm… what I said was kind of harsh.” There, he said it. He apologized. He broke one of the moral codes and ethics that every bully should follow. He said sorry to the person he bullied. This apology is not forced, he is sincere and Kyungsoo could see that, but…

“I’m still not going to talk to you.” Kyungsoo shoots back.

“What? This is my first time saying sorry and you did not accept it?!” Baekhyun snaps.

“Well, I’ll accept it if you beat me at Tekken.” Kyungsoo says pointing at an unoccupied arcade game.

Beat him at Tekken? That would be a pretty easy task. Baekhyun, after all, is already an expert in the said game and Kyungsoo does not look that intimidating at all.

“Just so you know, I always beat Jongin and Sehun at this game” Kyungsoo says when they both sat at the front of the game hoping to intimidate Baekhyun. Yixing then stands behind them cheering on Kyungsoo openly.

Kyungsoo chooses the female cyborg character while Baekhyun chooses the corrupted demon character.

“You’re going to regret this Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo threatens again, confidence full within him. The game then starts.

.

.

.

Kyungsoo lost, badly at that. He is flabbergasted, this has been his first ever defeat. He did not even have the chance to retaliate Baekhyun’s attack. Yes, Baekhyun won still with full health. Kyungsoo is shamelessly defeated thoroughly.

Kyungsoo’s jaw drops unconsciously. “W-wait, something must’ve gone wrong let’s play again.” Kyungsoo says then placed another token. He refuses to believe he lost, this is all just must have been a fluke.

Kyungsoo lost again…

And again…

And again…

And again.

Baekhyun could easily conclude that either Jongin or Sehun just badly at playing this game for them lost repeatedly against Kyungsoo or they just let him win again and again. The second one seems to be the more probable answer because no one is as lousy at this game as Kyungsoo, Baekhyun is sure.

“W-wow. You practically pawned me Baekhyun. You must be really good at this.” Kyungsoo smiles while scratching his head. He’s repeated defeat seems to have no effect to him. He raises both of his hands in defeat. “I give up. I forgive you now.”

Baekhyun looks at the smiling boy. He then rolls his eyes and coldly says: “Well I don’t accept your forgiveness.”

“Wait. What?” Kyungsoo is shocked. His eye enlarges. Baekhyun didn’t know that that could still be possible.

Baekhyun stands up from his sit then points at a black ball in the price counter of the arcade. “I won’t forgive you until you win me that price.” Baekhyun announces. Yixing and Kyungsoo’s gaze landed on the ball.

“Baekhyun I don’t think you are in the position to ask Kyungsoo for something in exchange for accepting his forgiveness. If that’s possible” Yixing says.

“It’s okay Yixing, I’ll do it.” Kyungsoo says with determination in his soul. He wants to win that ball for Baekhyun.

Yixing and Kyungsoo from all the games they have played had already accumulated almost a thousand tickets. Yixing is just too good at arcade games that he has gotten all that and he would willingly give all of his ticket to Kyungsoo even if it is used to unworthy Baekhyun. The ball cost 1,500 tickets, it would be easy to get it.

Kyungsoo played almost every game there one after the other. Yixing sometimes reluctantly helps him to get more ticket even if he doesn’t like the idea that all of this hard work is for Baekhyun in the end.

While Kyungsoo is zealously playing the cat and rat game where you have to hit a cat that pops out in a hole with a plastic hammer while ignoring the rats, Yixing approached Baekhyun.

“You know, I was surprised when Kyungsoo still wanted to help you sell cookies.” Yixing confesses. Both of them is looking at an engrossed Kyungsoo who is both having fun with the game and at the same time determined to win the ball for Baekhyun.  “I’m also amazed that he is working hard for you to accept his forgiveness.”

“What are you implying?” Baekhyun curtly replies.

Yixing looks at him, almost studying his features, a blank expression is evident on his usually jovial face.

“All I’m saying is that Kyungsoo is a nice boy Baekhyun, and unlike most of us, he cares for you. A lot.” Yixing admits.  “If I were you, you should stop being so mean to him and start treating him nicely. He could be your friend.”

Yixing pats Baekhyun’s back reassuringly then proceeds on being his touchy self again and helped Kyungsoo with the game leaving Baekhyun to ponder on what he just said.

Friend? A bully doesn’t have that. They don’t need that. Bullies have allies, not friends.

After a couple more tokens, Kyungsoo finally accumulated enough tickets to exchange for the ball that Baekhyun wanted.

Kyungsoo then hands him the ball using both his hand.

“Accept my forgiveness.” Kyungsoo says while bowing.

Baekhyun receives the ball then nods. He doesn’t trust himself to talk to Kyungsoo, he might drop some words he might regret saying.

“I know spending the summer selling cookies with me and Yixing may not be your ideal summer,” Kyungsoo says, “but it’s okay Baekhyun. You can still make your summer perfect in your own little way. “

Baekhyun freezes at the statement.

“W-what did you just said?” Baekhyun demands.

Kyungsoo stare at him for a second or two then repeats what he just said.

“It’s okay Baekhyun. You can still make your summer perfect.”

….....

Baekhyun goes back home then opens his drawer to get his note and check the second number. He have not literally beaten Kyungsoo, but he forces himself to validate his victory over Kyungsoo in that fighting game as a real beating. Doing the real thing would be an utterly impossible task for him.

However, there's another thing that he could do to Kyungsoo.

Baekhyun groans. Why is his acting up again? Kyungsoo in lewd positions being presented to him flashes in his mind. He is instantly aroused. Why must he be so hormonal when it comes to Kyungsoo? Damn, he is so messed up.

He looks at the ball that Kyungsoo won for him. He smiles upon remembering how Kyungsoo worked hard to win it for him, the smile on Kyungsoo’s thick rosy lips when he hands him the ball, white pearls being showcased to him.

Baekhyun wonders how being inside Kyungsoo’s mouth would feel like. And with that his sweet thoughts of Kyungsoo turned lecherous again.

He sighs then throws the ball to his bed. He quickly joins the ball afterwards.

“All I’m saying is that Kyungsoo is a nice boy Baekhyun, and unlike most of us, he cares for you. A lot.” What Yixing said echoes in his mind.

Baekhyun is now sure that he is a sick and twisted man by bullying the only boy that genuinely cares for him in his school.

Worrying about Kyungsoo is not his first priority at the moment though, his arousal is begging attention from him.

This time, Baekhyun did not attempt to stop himself. He wants Kyungsoo and no matter how much or how hard he tries to deny it, that is the cold hard fact.

With that, Baekhyun lower his pants and complies to his arousal’s request. Thinking about wide eyes, heart shaped smile, and the body framed by a narrow shoulder.

........

3. Give the person/s you bully bruises, something to make him/her remember you.

 

Baekhyun knocks at his mentor’s door one morning on a day that Yixing, Kyungsoo, and he decided to have a day off selling cookies to rest. Amber has become a big brother, or rather a big sister, figure to him and despite Amber’s reputation and his daunting aura, Baekhyun easily became comfortable with her. To be honest, Baekhyun is more afraid of her own older sister than Amber.

“Oh, it’s you” Amber grouchily greets as she opens the door clad in messy clothes and an equally messy locks. She yawns then rubs circles on her tummy. “Who wakes up this early in the morning?”

It’s evident that Amber just woke up with a string of slumber still holding her to her sleep. Amber closes her dopey eyes while still standing, she almost looks like she just slept again right there and then.

“It’s ten-thirty AM.” Baekhyun deadpans.

“Yeah, who wakes up this early during summer?”  Amber yawns again, and then opens her still dopey eyes. She then studies Baekhyun.  “Come inside. You look so distressed.”

“I have a problem.” Baekhyun announces as soon as he settles in one of the sofa.

“I could see that.” Amber says as she trudges to a water heater, grabbing two mugs to make coffee for her and her guest.

“You remember Kyungsoo? The short one who I came with my first time here.”

“Yeah, that small boy who you want to bully. How could I not remember, you practically talk about him every time you go here.” Amber says while stirring the mug to mix the coffee with the hot water, to interlace warmth with sweet bitterness, kind of like Baekhyun’s relationship with Kyungsoo now.

“Have I?” Baekhyun asks while animatedly looking at Amber’s hand mixing the contents of the mug.

“Yeah, you told me the other day how every student in that all-boys school you studied at is completely enamored of him, might as well call your school an all-gay school.” Amber jokes then laughs heartily hoping to light up the sullen mood, but the moment she laid her eyes back at Baekhyun’s face which is still in conflict, she stops then clears awkwardly. Whatever burden Baekhyun is carrying, it seems to have quite an effect on him.

“Not everyone, only in my class. At least that’s what I know. I don’t snoop around for rumors about him.” Baekhyun says.

“Ummm… So what’s the problem? Don’t tell me you jumped into the bandwagon and fell for him as well.” Amber says after placing Baekhyun’s coffee on the desk in front of him.

“I don’t know if I had or not, but unless I sleep, there’s never an hour where I can’t think of him. I’m hopeless.”

Amber takes a sip of her coffee. She did not reply, a silent request for Baekhyun to continue. To let it all out. Baekhyun gets the signal.

“There was this thing written on my school desk that tells you tips on how to bully. I know it’s stupid, but I made a vow to accomplish all of those tips.  I want to make Kyungsoo suffer, but as the summer goes on, I realized that I also want to protect him. This is crazy. I am crazy. I am confused.” Baekhyun swallows a lump that formed in his throat. Never had he thought that someone, a boy, would have this effect unto him, to turn him into a mess he is now.

“I never had a friend. I had never fallen in love.” Baekhyun continues. “My mother adores my little brother while my father’s favorite is my big sister. I know that I’m starting to sound like a whiny middle child who thinks that he is neglected. I am. They have two perfect children, and then there’s me. I know my parents are disappointed at my aberrant behavior. I tried to be as perfect as my sibling, but I couldn’t. I’m not.  I know everyone doesn’t like me.”

Tears are now starting to cascade down his face, drowning him in self-pity and uncalled-for insecurities. Amber offered him a box of tissues and her ears to listen to whatever Baekhyun has to say.

“Then there is Kyungsoo. I hated him. He is so small, so dense, so naïve, so happy, such a fool, so fragile. I tried to make his life a living hell, but I failed every time. He returns every insult with gratitude.  So stupid. He returns every jeer with thumbs up. Could you believe that? It’s like he embraces all the negatives in himself. I wish I could be like him sometimes.”

Baekhyun takes a deep breath letting all his vulnerabilities in, and all his oozing confidence out.

“Every time I push him, he keeps coming back.  When I made him cry, he forgave me. I don’t know what to do. Kyungsoo is beautiful not only on the outside but also on the inside. Gosh, I sound like a middle school girl in love.”

“So you are in love with boy, I don’t see any problem there.” Amber says.

Baekhyun just looks at Amber for a moment, contemplating what she just said.

“I- I can’t.” Baekhyun whispers.

“Why? Because you promised to bully him?”

Baekhyun nods. Amber almost wants to strangle Baekhyun because of the nonsensical reply.

“What? Are you stupid or something?” Amber nags.

“No, that’s not the only reason. If I will fall for Kyungsoo, I will have lots of rival and I don’t particularly like that idea. I’m not even sure if he is gay or at least bi. Who knows? That guy is such a prude.” Baekhyun sighs but he does want to love Kyungsoo fully. He wants to know how having a caring adorable boyfriend like Kyungsoo would feel like, cooking him mouthwatering and delicious foods when he’s hungry, giving him massages when his body aches, having a squishy human teddy bear to snuggle with during cold nights. That would be the good life that Baekhyun could only fantasize. Just the thought of the boy brings him happiness. Falling in love with him may not be a bad idea but then again there’s the abundance of rivals and the uncertainties of things.

 “I also don’t break any promises and that’s one of the very few good things about me. I don’t plan on breaking this one.” Baekhyun concludes. He will just have to worry about his adoration to Kyungsoo after he had accomplished his tasks. Baekhyun knows that he is being stupid, but he is still not ready to face his feelings towards the doe-eyed boy and he has no other distractions but to accomplish the list he had promised to do.

Amber sighs.

“Have it your way then. Could you at least let me read the list you are trying to accomplish?”

Baekhyun rummages his pocket then gave Amber the piece of paper after he had found it. Amber then reads everything written on the paper.

“So, your next task is to give him bruises? You have beaten him already so why haven’t you given him some bruises yet?” Amber questions. Baekhyun bit his lips not wanting to admit that the beatings he gave to Kyungsoo were just limited to his video game character.

“Those beatings I gave to him were not physical by nature, that’s why. I could not ever throw a fist to Kyungsoo, I find it difficult to do that. How the heck could I give him bruise?” Baekhyun whines almost childishly. Amber rolls her eyes. Baekhyun’s problem is not that hard really, he is just in love with his first love. He is just confusing his bullying needs to his love needs.

“There are many other ways to give bruises, Baekhyun.” Amber smirks.

“W-what?”

Amber leans towards Baekhyun’s ears. An unreadable smile is on her lips.

“Give him love bruises.” Amber whispers, sinful promise lingering. “Hickeys.”

….....

For the next couple of days, Baekhyun find himself excessively staring at Kyungsoo’s plump lips and his exposed delectable pale neck. Just the thought of marking that neck with his unquenched love made him shudder. Baekhyun’s lips did not have the chance to go anywhere near Kyungsoo’s neck though because of the ever so present ing Yixing. If Yixing is a starved monkey who hasn’t eaten in weeks then Kyungsoo would be a sack full of delicious bananas. Baekhyun is left with nothing else but to just subtly gawk at an unsuspecting Kyungsoo’s neck, and finding himself hard every night with thoughts of marking Kyungsoo’s porcelain neck.

One day, Baekhyun decided he had enough. Heck, he would ravish Kyungsoo right in front of Yixing and even Jongin and Sehun if he had to. His sheer sensation of wanting to own Kyungsoo is overwhelming his senses and perception.

He wants Kyungsoo.

No.

He needs Kyungsoo.

He badly needs Kyungsoo.

While he is walking home together with Yixing and Kyungsoo after another successful day of selling cookies, Baekhyun decided to corner Kyungsoo in his house to finally accomplish his third task and most importantly to confess his feelings to him. If he is lucky then Kyungsoo might said he likes him back. If he is not then… No, Baekhyun wouldn’t want to think about that. He needs to be lucky. He should be lucky.                                                                                        

 “Why don’t you two stay with me at home for a while, my parents are out of town ,my hyung is staying at a friend’s house, and my cousin already went back to Seoul yesterday. It’s kind of gloomy being alone at my house.” Kyungsoo says which caused Yixing’s ears to twitch in sudden excitement. Stay at his jagiya’s house alone, of course he would like that.

“Of course jagiya, you know that I would love to spend more alone time with you.” Yixing replies with a smile full of hidden intent, the possibility of Baekhyun wanting to stay with him at Kyungsoo’s house is totally out of his mind.  He imagines all the things that he could do to Kyungsoo alone. They could both watch movies after movies while cuddling, Kyungsoo could cook him a delicious dinner that’ll fill both his hungry stomach and love-strucked heart, and he could do Kyungsoo roughly at the kitchen counter while he— Ok, stop with the obscene thoughts Yixing. But Yixing wouldn’t be Yixing if he stops at just thinking that, so he continues to think even more obscene stuff with his Kyungsoo.

All of the naughty thought made him giddy so he back hugs Kyungsoo then nuzzled his hair inhaling the scent of vanilla with a hint of perfection. “My jagiya!!” Yixing keeps cooing.

“Yaahh! jagiya, stop doing that. We’re in public, my neighbors could see you and report you to my brother.” A blushing Kyungsoo whines while trying to pry Yixing’s clingy hug away from him.

“Let them see. Wait, what did you just call me? My jagiya called me jagiya. I’m so happy!” And with that Yixing’s hug tightens and he nuzzles to Kyungsoo more, practically almost suffocating him.

“Stop doing that Yixing, you’re killing Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun says trying to sound indifferent, but Yixing hears the tint of jealousy in both his voice and words, so Yixing reluctantly released his jagiya from his deep embrace. Kyungsoo huffs and puffs after he is released; the rhythm of inhaling and exhaling is evident on his chest.

They continued with their walk after Kyungsoo’s breath steadies and a string of ‘sorry’ is said by Yixing.

Once they got near Kyungsoo’s house, Baekhyun suddenly grabs Kyungsoo’s arms then drags him towards his house. This is already his chance to do what he wants and he wouldn’t want Yixing to be there again. Manhandling Kyungsoo is starting to become a bad habit of him. He needs to fix that habit if Kyungsoo would be his, Baekhyun notes.

Once they got inside Kyungsoo’s house, he closes then locks the door so that Yixing wouldn’t be a bother then he grabs Kyungsoo and lightly yanks him towards the living room. Kyungsoo stays silent while he is dragging him.

Baekhyun then places both hands on Kyungsoo cheeks, making the doe eyed boy look at only him. Baekhyun once again look at Kyungsoo’s lips then his exposed neck. Baekhyun his own lips at the tantalizing sight which won’t be unattainable for long. Yixing is banging at the door while yelling at Baekhyun to open the door, but Baekhyun did not hear the entire ruckus because all that he could hear is the voices inside his head yelling at him to already claim Kyungsoo. He is finally here in front of him, all for him. Baekhyun gulps then wills himself to finally do what he wants to do. Inches by inches, the distance between them is closing when suddenly…

“Ehem!” A foreign voice interrupts Baekhyun’s moment. With them in the room already are three other people: Yixing, Jongin and Sehun with a spare key on his hand. Baekhyun slowly drops his hands from Kyungsoo’s cheeks while holding Jongin, Yixing, and Sehun’s angry gaze towards him all at once. Baekhyun feeling brave in front of his rivals then placed a sudden kiss in Kyungsoo’s forehead while holding his chin, his gaze still not averting away from them.

“It looks like our decision to pay Kyungsoo a surprise visit did not go to waste.” Sehun coldly announces while clenching his fist. He is furious at the bully right now.

“Truth be told, we thought Yixing would be the one doing this to Kyungsoo but it seems that you fell under the Kyungsoo effect as well.” Jongin follows causing Yixing to shift uncomfortably at Jongin’s bluntness.

Baekhyun looks at Kyungsoo who is now looking at his feet while blushing furiously. Baekhyun sighs then without a word leaves after purposely bumping his shoulder against Yixing’s. Kyungsoo’s plea towards him to stay is unheard.

Baekhyun crossed the street toward his house with the thoughts of what could have happened if Jongin, Sehun, and Yixing did not interrupt them. Maybe Kyungsoo is already his. Maybe not. One thing is for sure, Kyungsoo’s first kiss could’ve been his already. Baekhyun kicks a rock in the front of his house in annoyance then looks back towards Kyungsoo’s house. He then notices four boys approaching him, three bigger ones and then one small one. No, it’s not Kyungsoo and his rivals. It’s the small boy he is bullying with what seems to be his big brother and his friends. Baekhyun didn’t want another one of this, those payback fights that always end up with him winning albeit badly injured. On any given day, Baekhyun would’ve fight back but right now he is heartbroken with regrets and what-ifs.

“Well, well, well, so you’re the boy who has been giving my little brother a hard time.” One of the bigger boys darkly says while flexing his fists.

“You got it all wrong. I did not— “ Out of nowhere, one of the bigger boys landed a heavy punch right in his face that causes him to fall to the ground, the nerve of these boys to beat him right in front of his house. Kicks are thrown while punches are given. Baekhyun struggles to get up and try to fight back, but three boys against him are just too much. He couldn’t even retaliate. A punch here. A kick there. Baekhyun is helpless.

He looks up the sky while he is being battered wondering why he became a bully. Wondering why he has no friends. Wondering why all he could think about is Kyungsoo, and why just the thought of him could easily magnetize his attention away from the screeching pain of bad decisions and self-pity, of punches and newly formed bruises, of fractures and insults thrown his way.

Baekhyun could hear Kyungsoo shouting at his attackers to stop, he must be already dreaming now. Baekhyun looks to his side and saw a blurry image of Kyungsoo running towards him with Jongin, Sehun and Yixing trailing behind him. That was the last thing he saw, he fainted with an image of a worried Kyungsoo sipping in his brain, a cordial start to a dream that would surely be full of him.

……..

Baekhyun opened his eyes and the first thing he saw is the person in his hazy dreams, Kyungsoo. He is by the window reading a novel. For a moment, Baekhyun thought that he is still dreaming but then he started to feel pain in his body. This is real. The Kyungsoo in front of him is real.

Kyungsoo looks at him then smiles. “You’re awake” He mutters. Kyungsoo then walk towards him then sat beside his bed. Baekhyun then notices that the bed where he lies is not his bed, it is a hospital bed. He is in a hospital.

“You were down for three days, your parents were just here this morning but they had to go home, they’re very worried of you.  Yixing and I offered to guard you instead. After all, we are your supposed guards for the summer. Yixing is out right now buying our lunch.” Kyungsoo informs. Baekhyun then notices that there’s a hint of bruise in Kyungsoo’s cheek. Kyungsoo might’ve noticed his gaze so he says: “Jongin, Yixing, Sehun, and I saved you from those boys. You should’ve seen the looks on those boys, they did not stand a chance against us. We are strong, I am strong.”

Kyungsoo then proceed to show the muscles on his biceps, or in his case, the lack of. Baekhyun laughs lightly at Kyungsoo trying too hard to show muscles and what he just said about being strong, but suddenly a whip of guilt floods his thoughts, Kyungsoo got bruises because of him. He did deserve all those punches and kicks thrown to him, they shouldn’t have protected him. Does this mean he accomplished his third task though? Give bruises to Kyungsoo. It seems to be the case.

“I have good news Baekhyun, Yixing and I already finished selling all the cookies.” Kyungsoo sadly beams. “It’s bad news for me though because I still want to spend my summer with you and Yixing.”

A pout forms on Kyungsoo’s lips.

“What are you talking about?” Baekhyun finally speaks; his voice is hoarse due to a few days of not speaking. “We are neighbors. You could still spend lots of time with me.”

Kyungsoo’s orbs widens in delight. “Really? Does that mean we are friends now? You once said that we were enemies when we were younger, but I don’t like that label anymore. I like the idea of friendship better.” Kyungsoo beams.

“Of course we are friends, I like you Kyungsoo. “ Baekhyun confesses.

“That’s great, I like you too.”

Baekhyun knows that the ‘like’ Kyungsoo just said is different from the ‘like’ that he said, but that doesn’t matter because Baekhyun right now is contented with just friendship. He will just push through with his feeling once he is sure that they are both ready. Right now, Kyungsoo is still too innocent and prude, just the way he wants him to be for now.

Kyungsoo out of nowhere kisses him in the cheek, Baekhyun knows that he always do this to Jongin, Sehun, and just this summer, Yixing as well, it looks like he is also added to that list too. Yes, Baekhyun is contented with this right now. He started to look forward to a future more of stolen kisses, unsuppressed blushes, innocent cuddles, and adorable gestures to and from Kyungsoo. Baekhyun’s once dark future now looks bright.

“Oh, and I found this note on your pocket.” Kyungsoo says then hands Baekhyun a now crumpled note.

Baekhyun reads the list, it is the list to bullying he has to accomplish, and it now has check marks on all its entry includingt a fourth one that Kyungsoo added.

 

A Beginner’s Guide to Bullying

  1. Insult the person you bully every time you see him/her.
  2. Beat the person/s you bully until he/she couldn’t fight back.
  3. Give the person/s you bully bruises, something to make him/her remember you.
  4. Make him worry to death about you because you were beaten badly and he didn’t know if you are still going to wake up to be his friend since he thinks you are kind deep down inside and he likes you.

Baekhyun smiles. Kyungsoo is the perfect boy to be his first love.

……

 

Summer for Yixing is made up of selling cookies with his school’s resident bully and the person he has a huge crush on, working double-shifts at the café he is working while never missing any parties in their town (‘Work hard, party harder,' that’s his motto.), anticipating the concert of his favorite artist which disappointingly turned out to be canceled, and openly flirting with an ever so unsuspecting Kyungsoo he calls ‘jagiya’.

Summer for Kyungsoo is made up of selling cookies with his friendliest classmate and his neighbor who once considered him his enemy, sleepless sleepovers with his best friends who never misses an opportunity to spend more time with him (yes, the cuddles promise was fulfilled), being fought over by his cousin and hyung for attention, and making two new friends.

Summer for Baekhyun is made up of selling cookies with his school’s resident ert and the person who he still insist is the reason why he moved house, visiting Amber to mentor him to be a bully but ended up quitting to be called that, leaving bread crumbs at the anthill near his house as a form of compensation for the troubles he caused them when he was younger, and falling in love for the first time.

Kyungsoo once said that he could still make his summer perfect.

Kyungsoo is right.

His summer is perfect just the way it is.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry for the very long wait updating, I'll try to update faster next time. :O

To those who subscribed, I love you all! (:

Comments will be appreciated. Next up is Krissoo and Taosoo.

 

boredpanda98