Pinky Promise to be Boyfriends?

Oh Sehun's Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wednesday, January 1st, 2003




Hey Diary, happy new year!


Last night I had a new year party at my cousin's house. Chanyeol hyung invited LOTS of people! Even his huge house was packed with humans we had to fight for oxygen. Oh, I even met Baekhyun hyung, Chanyeol hyung's closest buddy! It had been awhile I hadn't met him, I like him a lot because he's very funny and friendly! I know Chanyeol hyung has always been a famous one with a bunch of friends, but his party was just CRAZY. I was clearly the youngest there. He called a DJ and put lasers and foggers everywhere and even served some beer and BOOM his house turned into a night club. There were these nasty girls who danced like drunk monkeys and one of them knocked me down with her nasty ! Some noonas even tried to molest my cheeks. Really, my dad allowed me to go there because he thought it was a tea party or such. Although this year I'm turning fifteen, I'm absolutely still too young for this kind of crazy party. I got a little bored too because everyone was older than me and I couldn't play with them. To top it all, I didn't bring my cellphone because I accidentally threw it into a washing machine along with my clothes and now it's still dead. Great, I couldn't text Lulu hyung all day and even at the party too. I was dying! Literally!


But I'm so glad that I came to that party. Why? Because I bumped into such a pretty angel in the middle of the crowd. My night turned out to be a perfect one because of this cutiepie. We went away from the crowd and somehow stumbled into a bedroom upstairs, and maybe because of the effect of a little bit of alcohol, we got all touchy in there! I had never felt that way before, it was like a mixture of nervous, scared, happy and excited. I almost lost my first kiss, but that didn't happen, because we were caught by someone. Someone I know.


And then everything became so wrong.





It was the last night in 2002. Minseok and I were standing in front of my house, facing a tall guy called Kris who was our friend from high school. He was picking us up for a new year party at his friend's house. Three of us were as handsome as ever in our outfits. Sneakers, ripped tight pants, expensive leather jackets, gel on hair; we absolutely looked like classy punks.


No, to be honest I didn't want to dress up that way, but this tall so-called fashionista friend of mine had urged me and Minseok to follow his advices about how to attract chicks at first glance.


Screw chicks. I wanted to spend my night with Mom, Sehun and Minseok instead. Just four of us. But apparently my request was too much.


Mom couldn't stay with me because she had her own party with her friends, which probably consisted of drinking tea using expensive tea cups while giggling and gossiping about a handsome middle-aged man passing by. About Sehun, I had no idea what was wrong with him or his cellphone, I couldn't contact him all day and it had tortured me to a ridiculous extent. I just hoped he was okay, otherwise I would just spend the New Year's eve sobbing in my room.


And so, with that, I had no choice but to accept Kris' invitation to the party. I had dragged Minseok with me as well. At least I wouldn't be so awkward later at the party.


Kris opened his car's door for us and bowed like a polite classy driver. "Ladies, please get in."


Minseok and I bowed as well before throwing ourselves into the car. "Thank you, Madame Kris."


"That sounds classy," Kris flashed a goofy grin and shut the door.


When Minseok and I were already seated neatly in the back seat, suddenly a head popped out from the front seat next to the driver's. It was a boy, a little bit bigger than Sehun. I couldn't see his face clearly, since he was wearing big sunglasses.


"Wassup? I'm Tao," he smirked.


"Sit properly, Taozi. Put on your seatbelt, we're moving now," Kris instructed before stepping on the gas pedal.


Completely ignoring Kris, this Tao boy kept staring at me and Minseok through his sunglasses and raised an eyebrow.


"Why are you guys looking at me like that?" he asked.


"...You're wearing sunglasses at night, inside the car," Minseok slowly said and I added with a nod.


"I told you it was weird, Taozi," Kris snickered.


"Whatever, I'm cool like this." Pretty sassy. "So would you guys mind telling your names?"


"No, of course not," I shook my head, "I'm Luhan."


"I'm Minseok," Minseok added. "You're still very young, aren't you?"


"No, I'm sixteen this year, so I'm not a baby." Tao pulled his sunglasses down the bridge of his nose a little, glanced and smirked at us before turning around to put on his seatbelt and sit properly.


"But I'm babysitting you right now," Kris murmured. "Remember, don't tell your mama I bring you to a party. I have no choice, you got that?"


"Fine."


"Umm, Kris?" I called, "Who is this boy?"


"It's Tao, not 'this boy'," Tao cut.


"My neighbor's son. He's Chinese. I'm sorry, he always acts like this."


"Oh, it's fine," I said, chuckling when Tao and Kris began to bicker about what the latter had just said.


After they had stopped arguing I asked again, "Is it really okay that Baozi and I also come to that party? We don't even know your friend."


"I told you it was okay. Chanyeol asked all his friends to invite our friends and he also wanted our friends to bring their friends, so then we'd all come with our friends' friends as well."


"...Do you understand what he says?" Minseok whispered to me.


"I guess?" I whispered back and shrugged.


Moments later, the car stopped in front of a big house. It was a bit bigger than my house, like two big houses joined into one.


"Is this the right house? It looks pretty calm from the outside. Oh, but there are lots of cars parked around here," Minseok said while flying his gaze around.


"The party hasn't started yet. We're fifteen minutes early," Kris said, glancing at his cheap fake gold watch. "Come on, let's get inside."


As soon as we stepped into the door, a tall boy jumped in front of us and shouted at our faces.


"WELCOOOME! You guys look fabulous!"


"Chanyeol-ah." Kris and the boy greeted each other by hitting their palms together, and then their fists, their chests, their butts and their heads. Quite embarrassing.


Kris introduced Tao, Minseok and me to this Chanyeol boy. His voice was deep and he was really tall, but still a bit shorter than Kris. I was shocked when he said he was only sixteen.


A sixteen year old boy throwing a big party? Not impossible, since apparently his parents weren't home and he probably had lots of money in his pocket. Inside the house I could see some extra lights here and there, lasers and foggers and also a bunch of food and drink for his many guests. Everything hadn't started yet though; it was all still cool and calm, which most likely would change after the boy of the house began the party and let everyone drink all they want. I spotted many beer bottles neatly arranged on a big table there. Of course I wasn't going to touch them.


Chanyeol brought us to one of his friends and introduced us to him. His name was Baekhyun, a Korean boy who reminded me so much of a puppy. Seeing his face at first I thought he was a quiet boy. His curly dark brown hair was a contrast to his pale skin and he had beautiful slender fingers like a girl. But, totally the opposite of his appearance, he was actually very noisy and seemed quite shameless, but I liked being around him because he was funny and friendly. After talking for a bit, Chanyeol left us to walk around and shout at some more people's faces, dragging Baekhyun along with him. When the clock struck six, he ran upstairs and stood on the balcony to look at the sea of people downstairs.


"Hey guys!" he shouted to get his guests' attention. All the teenagers looked up and cheered seeing him there, assuming that the party was about to start.


"Have you all brought your friends here??" Chanyeol asked again loudly.


"Yeeesss!"


"Have your friends brought their friends too?"


"Yeeeess!"


"So you come with your friends' friends as well?"


"Yeeess! Start the party now!"


"Not yeeet!" he exclaimed and cackled getting all the whines and complaints.


"Whhhhyyy?"


"Okay, so I'm still waiting for someone here-"


"I'm here, Channie!" a boy shouted from the crowd.


"Not you, Baekkie," Chanyeol winked and cleared his throat. Some guests giggled at Baekhyun, while he only grinned shamelessly and scratched his head. "So, it's actually my cousin and he'll be the youngest here! After his dad leaves, then BOOM the party will start!"


"Yaaaay!" everyone clapped their hands and cheered loudly.


"I'm sure he'll come soon. Until then, please enjoy chatting around with each other! You can have the drinks, but don't touch the alcohol just yet," Chanyeol smirked and winked, making the girls squeal like his fangirls. I envied him for that. Yes, he was quite handsome, there was nothing wrong with admitting it right.


But Sehun was more handsome to me. Hehe.


Sehun again. I could never stop thinking about him. I wondered what he was doing at that time.


"His cousin," Minseok said to me, "he said he'd be the youngest here. How old do you think he is? I don't think he should come to a party that has a DJ and serves some alcohol if he's really young though. He's most likely younger than Tao, right?"


"Yes, since Tao has told Chanyeol his age. But he still said his cousin would be the youngest. Maybe thirteen? Fourteen?" I shrugged.


"Fourteen, like your Sehunnie," Minseok teased me and giggled. "There are lots of humans here, it's possible that we may bump into Sehun. You know, since Chanyeol also invited his friends' friends' friends."


That idea cheered me up a little bit, but I still reasoned, "It's not possible, Sehunnie wouldn't go to a party like this. He's a good boy, he must be gathering with his family right now."


It made sense too, so I opted not to hope too much. While I listened to my other three friends talking about stuff, mostly Kris talking about girls, I flew my gaze around and spotted Chanyeol running through the crowd towards the main door. He returned with a boy, probably his cousin, but I couldn't see the boy's face since he was shorter than everyone else. I saw Chanyeol laugh and wrap his arm around his cousin's shoulders as they turned and walked further into the crowd. I could only see their back view then.


That boy; his hairstyle, his height, his thin body, his figure seemed strangely familiar to me. Was he really Chanyeol's cousin?


He looks like Sehunnie though.


I shook my head and sighed. Why couldn't I stop thinking about him just for a bit?


'Look, he's back," Kris said, pointing at the balcony on the second floor.


So that boy was actually his cousin. What was I expecting? Of course it wasn't Sehun.


"LET THE PARTY BEGIIINNNN!"


Suddenly the lights went off, replaced with the lasers as loud music blasted through the speakers. The host of the party appeared - a pretty handsome guy - and screamed his greeting. Everyone jumped and cheered loudly, some of them began to move their bodies to the beat.


"I'm dizzy already. Let's go home," Minseok whined. "My pants are too tight it feels like my balls are going to explode."


"You're no fun. The party has just started," Tao commented, and then turned around when a girl bumped him with her hip by accident. He pulled down his sunglasses and smirked at the older girl. "Hey, baby."


Kris yanked Tao away from the girl and gave him an unimpressed look before turning to look at us. "Come on guys, let's go around and meet my friends. I'll introduce you to some girls. You too, Luhan-ah, don't waste your pretty face. Make use of it," Kris winked at me.


"For the thousandth time I tell you I'm not pretty," I kicked his shin. "Besides, I'm currently in no mood for girls."


Kris hissed and bent down to rub his shin. "You're always in no mood for girls." He straightened up and snatched my wrist. "Follow me if you don't want to be considered gay."


"Fine. Let go of me," I yanked back my hand and dragged Minseok trailing behind Kris and Tao.


We stopped behind a group of giggling girls and I rolled my eyes. Kris greeted them like a true gentleman and flirted with them for a bit using some lame cheesy lines before shoving me and Minseok towards the group. They eyed us up and down like hungry female lions ready to hunt a handsome deer, which I was.


"Well, hello, little guy," one of them - a red-haired girl with very high heels - approached me and played with the collar of my white leather jacket. "Nice outfit. Nice hair. Nice face," she said, touching all parts she mentioned on me. I didn't like it when she touched my head, but I tried to be nice. She called me "little" too when I was clearly taller than her.


I cleared my throat and smiled awkwardly. "Thanks."


While I was chatting with these girls, Minseok ignored them completely and kept turning his head around while patting his tummy. Right, it was his feeding time. His sharp eyes spotted a fat boy passing by about several meters away holding a bowl in his hands. Minseok tugged my hand and pointed at the boy, but I gripped his wrist, preventing him from leaving me there with the girls. He whined quietly, jutted out his bottom lip and stared at me with puppy eyes.


"Awww, sho cuuute!" the girls cooed and attacked his cheeks with violent pinches. Poor Baozi, he looked like he was on the verge of crying. But I laughed at him.


At one point I became very uncomfortable with the girls, especially when they got all touchy and clingy. Deciding I had had enough, I gently pushed the hand on my shoulder away and took a step closer to Minseok.The owner of the hand noticed it and then furrowed her eyebrows at me.


"Luhan-"


"Ah, yes, I'm sorry I guess I have to go... there..." I cut her words immediately and pointed at a random direction. "So... Maybe I'll see you guys later."


"He's only trying to run away," Kris snorted and smirked, in a very annoying way, making me want to hit his face...with fluffy pillows and meowing kittens.


"No, that's not true," I quickly explained to all those pouting girls, "you know I have to feed Minseok, it's half an hour past his feeding time, I don't want him to die because of hunger so you understand this is urgent right-"


"Your reason is so lame," Tao cut me and rolled his eyes.


"-so bye now," I finished my uncool excuse, grinned at the dazed girls and waved goodbye as I rapidly dragged Minseok away from them before they could even say anything.


"I sounded like your pet," Minseok complained behind me, "but thanks because I'm actually very hungry right now."


"You're very welcome, my pet. Now let's just get some food, I'm a bit hungry too."


And so, Minseok and I went to another big room, where there were lots of food and desserts. I gripped Minseok's wrist tightly so that he wouldn't run away for food and leave me alone like a lost kid. After lining up for quite a while, we finally made it to stuff our faces with some really good food. For the desserts, Minseok forced me to eat everything he grabbed, which was all kinds of desserts served on the tables. I felt like my stomach was about to explode, but I bet it was the happiest night for Minseok, so I was happy as well. It was so sad that I couldn't share all the tasty food with Sehunnie.


Speaking of Sehun...


"Sehun-ah!"


Hearing someone shout his name from afar, I swiftly turned around and scanned the spacious room with narrowed eyes. Out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of someone running through the sea of people, but when I turned my head, that figure had disappeared into the crowd. I dropped my head and stuck out my bottom lip.


his ice cream spoon Minseok glanced at me and elbowed my arm. "I heard that too. Maybe he's here. Do you want to go around and look for him?"


I shook my head weakly. "No. It's probably a different Sehun, not my Sehun. I mean not Oh Sehun."


"Ha! You've just called him your Sehun! I knew there was something between you two!" Minseok pointed his spoon at my face and beamed in victory.


"There's nothing, Baozi," I sighed, threw my palm over my face and groaned under my breath.


"You look so depressed, just like a man in debt," he giggled. "Are you going to drink?"


"What? Of course not. Mom would kill me if she found out about it."


"Yeah, okay, we're staying away from the alcohol."





A short while after...


"Come on, drink this."


"Don't wanna."


"Be a man. It's only beer."


"I'm manly already. Go away, Kris."


"Yeah, go to jail, Kris."


"Shut up, Taozi. I'm talking to Lulu here. And I told you to call me gege."


" gege."


I stared at the bottle in Kris' hand and scrunched my nose in disgust. I had never tasted it before, but I knew it didn't have the greatest taste, so why should I drink it. I preferred some fresh milk instead.


"Follow me, Lulu." Kris yanked and dragged me away while Minseok and Tao trailed behind us.


"Where are we going?" I asked hesitantly.


"What?" Kris asked, not able to hear me because of the loud music.


"Where are we going??" I asked a bit louder.


"Oh, you'll see it soon," he smirked.


"He's not going to Lulu, is he?" I heard Minseok ask Tao behind me. What kind of dumb question was that? I couldn't be , I was a guy. I turned my head around and narrowed my eyes at Minseok.


Tao glanced at me and shrugged. "Maybe. Luhan ge is pretty and he obviously has a hole, so Kris him is possible."


My eyes were practically bulging out of their sacks. I turned my head quickly and found Kris naughty-smirking at me and I wanted to punch his face for that.


We entered a room and my mouth fell open.


"Hey, are you done? Can we borrow those sticks? Thank you." Kris took two long sticks from two boys and poked my tummy with the tip of one of the sticks.


"Take this," he smirked again, "let's play."


I took the stick absentmindedly and stared at the green table in front of us.


It was a billiard room. Chanyeol was that rich.


I glanced at the boys playing at the other two similar tables and gulped nervously. It had been a long time I hadn't played pool.


"If you lose, Lulu, you have to drink two bottles of beer. It's not much."


"Oh my gosh," Minseok whispered loudly behind me, "you'll die, Lulu."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter