b.

a glimpse of us.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

it has been a week since myungsoo and naeun last talked to each other, not because they are cold war-ing, not because they had a fight, but it's because of the busy schedules that both groups have made them really busy that even a five minute phone call really hard. however, constantly, even when they have free time in between schedules, they would send each other a simple text.

even with just a simple, 'i love you' or even, 'i miss you' could bright up their day no matter how hectic it is going to be, however text messages just aint enough. it's nearing the 10th day of them not talking, not hearing each other's voice. some people would have thought that maybe, not talking would cause them to drift apart, but to myungsoo and naeun, it's not about them not talking that makes them drift apart, it's the rumors and online comments that cause them to drift apart. they didnt actually drift apart but it just got harder trying to believe that it would work out. it's harder to not feel jealous, it's harder to have that trust. 

whats a relationship when there's no trust? they do trust each other, it's just the insecurites thats breaking them apart. they just need to get over it.

naeun who was on her laptop that sunday morning, when she didnt have any schedules together with her other members in the dorm. quietly, everyone was doing their own things. silence didnt bother them at all, they are comfortable with it. scrolling through the online news reports about the k-idols these days, she came in contact with this particular news report. 

'block b's jaehyo once again confessed his love for apink's fairy-dol son naeun on beatles code.'

"there they go again," naeun laughed as she finished reading the whole article. 

"what?" the members asked, as they all walked towards naeun and read the article too.

"jaehyo and his love for you," eunji then said. 

"so sweet. i remembered the time when he passed you the vitamin water. that's really adorable." namjoo then said. 

"but too bad, someone have already gotten naeun's heart." chorong then responded as she use the mouse and scroll down lower, featuring another news report again. 

"what the actual heck - is this?!" chorong asked as the title of the news report shock her alot. 

"infinite's L and ulzzang kim doyeon confirmed to have dated before!" eunji read it off. 

"a rep from woollim told newsen, it's true that L and doyeon did date before. and it's around the end of last year when they broke up." bomi then continued. 

"to actually think about it, i heard sungyeol oppa said that L was rather devastered after the break up." namjoo commented. 

"so, does that means during that point of time, myungsoo oppa is using naeun unnie to get over this girl?!" hayoung eyes grew bigger as she said it out loudly, almost shouting. 

there were no responds to her statement but all she got were death glares threw at her because although they didnt know if it's true or not, naeun was there. she might think otherwise, myungsoo and naeun's relationship would be broken, she would grew all jealous and insecure. but who wouldnt? and most importantly, naeun would be deeply hurt. 

hearing something that kills you inside but having to act like you dont care.

"uh," hayoung then realize what she said would cause dramas, she then apologize. "naeun unnie, dont mind me just now. im just blurting bulls out, dont mind me. i dont think L oppa would do such things to you." 

"yeah, naeun. i dont think myungsoo is the kind of guy who would do this kind of things." chorong continued. 

eunji then backed chorong's statement up by saying, "yeah, i heard from hoya that myungsoo is a really kind kid, so he wouldnt -"

before eunji could finish her sentence, she was cut by naeun, "what if, it is true afterall? i was his second choice? what if im just a subsituition? he is only using me to get over doyeon? just what if......" 

at that moment, naeun have been secretly falling apart. 

~*~*~*~

 

another week have past and it's a saturday. schedules of idols group were cancelled because they are gonna attend the idols sports championship yearly event. apink, infinite, exo, btob, 4min, b2st, miss a, girls day, secret, hello venus, bap, bts, vixx, mblaq, etc are gonna attend, and yes, it would be full of fans and idols. 

after that day whereby naeun read the news of the confirmed used to have relationship, she have been gotten alot quieter, as much as she wished to hear from myungsoo, she couldnt bring herself to it. she's afraid to hear the truth from him, she's afraid of the truth, she is afraid to get hurt even when she's hurting already. and so, not even giving myungsoo a chance, she shut the world, the truth and everything out. she ignored everything, anything, everyone, anyone.

even then, she'll still continue to smile for her fans, no matter how hurt she is. just sometimes, it's hard to control. 

apink were in the changing room for the idols sport championship; together, sharing rooms with secret. just when everyone was busy with the changing of their clothes, hair and make ups, naeun was the only one done with everything, sitting down again, quietly looking out of the window. hyosung noticed the quiet girl, and so she went to her.

"what's wrong?" were the first words she asked naeun. 

naeun looked at the girl who was taking the seat beside her, with the worried look on her face. 

"nothing," naeun lied. the truth is, everything was wrong. her mind was screaming for help as her tears was on the edge of rolling down her cheeks silently. 

"are you sure you're okay?" hyosung asked again, as her face grew ever more worried for the girl who was acting tough infront.

"trust me, it's nothing. i'm just tired." was what naeun would usually said when someone asked her if she's alright. she have heard that countless time from countless people. plenty of people have asked her if anything is wrong but she just didnt want to tell them since none of them really want to know.  of course except for her members but since her members know her well, it's not like she would need to explain it any further.

no one really cares until something dramatic happens.

hyosung just smiled as a reply to naeun but also then said, "the quietest people tend to have the loudest minds." before giving naeun's shoulder a soft pat, walking away after that. 

not long later, it's time to go for the opening ceremony. idols were queued via colours and groups, naeun dont know if it's luck or luck, infinite and apink arent in the same group, but the sad thing for her was, exo wasnt in the same group as apink but as infinite. naeun who was planning to have a heart to heart talk with jongin during the event was ruined; not that it's impossible, it's just harder. 

on the other hand, myungsoo who was searching for naeun, whom had been trying to explain everything to naeun but failed because she was just shutting him out. naeun didnt answer any of his phone calls, text messages, even their schedules dont match and that's what makes everything worst. 

"looks like someone is getting in trouble." hoya shook his head as myungsoo was putting up the calm face while secretly looking for naeun. 

"damn, i wonder how hurt is she right now." woohyun said.

"to the extend of shutting you out," sungyeol laughed jokingly, "you are dead, myungsoo." 

"guys, are you gonna help me or not. i need to explain to her that it's not what she thinks it is." myungsoo rolled his eyes at s before continuing what he is gonna do. 

"but it is what she think it is," sunggyu then replied, folding his arms across his chest. 

"didnt chorong tell woohyun that she was hurt and - stuff because she thought she was a second choice, and im just using her to get over that doyeon?!" myungsoo was off his limits already. he could get really anno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter