Two

Substitute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SUBSTITUTE 2

 

Two months has passed and the time they waits for have arrived.

Seohyun waits at the lobby while Luhan, her brother in-law were getting the key for their room from the receptionist.Here she is at Jeju-do with Luhan and no one else including her sister. Yoona said she wanted to give them some private time together. Her sister was the one who's arranged all of this, the trip, the hotel and even her luggage too.

Yoona tends to be over excited about something and unfortunately this is one of it. Since Yoona is desperate to have a baby, plus Seohyun has already agreed, she couldn't do anything else beside following through her sister plans. 

She sat besides Luhan during the flight and she thinks the amount of awkwardness between them would last for years. Both of them were barely even talking let alone having a proper conversation. But then again, who would talk comfortably in their situations?

"Hi. You have just arrived?" An old woman probably in her fifties talked to Seohyun. It startled her because she  wasn't expecting to be approached by someone let alone a woman closer to her mother's age had she been alive. 

"Hello... Yes. I have just arrived." Seohyun responded with a shy smile. She did have a soft spot towards elders, animals, greens, babies, childrens. Enough to say, she cares about all things.

"Ah... You're waiting for your husband then? Since you're here alone." Before she could say anything, Luhan has came and interrupts them. "

Come on, Seohyun. Ahh... You've got a company. Nice to meet you." Luhan bowed in respect the minute he sees a mid age woman standing close to Seohyun.

"Aigooo... Is this your husband? He's handsome and good looking too. I bet you probably just got married. Is this your honeymoon? Ohhh... such a perfect and well-match couple you are!" The older woman stared in awe with Luhan's visual and Seohyun's.

On the other hand, Seohyun was in panic because the woman misunderstood Luhan as her husband.  "Ermmm... We're not reall-..." She tried to explain but was cut short as a rough voice interrupted them.

"Dear, why are you disturbing the young couple?" All of them turned to see an older man stand close beside the woman.  "I'm sorry for my wife. She's too friendly towards others especially the newlyweds." The man apologized to Seoyun and Luhan.

"It's fine..." Luhan smiled. The word newlyweds did bothered him a bit but, they didn't know the real reasons he and Seohyun were here so he took no offense. 

"They're on their honeymoon as well. Like us." The older woman patted her husband chest while looking at him. Seohyun can clearly see the adoration shining through the woman's eyes and she did feel jealous of it.

"So what if they are? You can just barged in and asked their personal life, dear." He scolded his wife but yet he was smiling in the end. The man turned towards Luhan and Seohyun. "Sorry once again. She's getting a bit romantic since we're celebrating our 25 years of wedding anniversary."

"Ohh... Congratulations. That's quite amazing." Luhan managed to say after he glanced at Seohyun who's still silent since he came earlier. He guessed that she might be uncomfortable with the topic. 

"You don't say." The older man laughed and started to speak again. "It's hard to entertains such a lively wife for 25 years but it's worth it. Even though we're getting old but her personality doesn't change. She still lively just like the first moment I met her and love strucked me hard. And after that, I knew she's the one for me for the rest of my life." 

"And even after 5 grown up childrens. We are still in love with each other." The older woman spoke while looking into each others eyes.

The action make Seohyun uncomfortable so she averted her glance without noticing that Luhan too did the same but his glance is towards her briefly.

"Wow..." 

"Yeah yeah. Enough of us. Rest assured that I think you'll last 25 years into marriage also. Then you'll came back here to celebrate just like we did and reminisces all the time you have spent with each other. The sweet, the sour, bitter... all the taste of life." The older man patted Luhan's back like a father would to his son. 

"Definitely! I'll be praying that your life together would be a fun and happy one that lasts forever. And have a lot of kids too." The older woman said cheerily to them.

At that instant Seohyun felt like she was choked. and lungs feel restricted. She couldn't say anything. In fact, she didn't know what to say to the older couple. They looked so happy in life and they wished for Seohyun and Luhan the same but her situation was not like that at all. Luhan and her are not  married!

"Thank you very much. We really appreciate that." Luhan bowed to them as they left him and Seohyun for their own trip. "Come, Let's go."

Luhan carried their small luggages and walked but he stopped when he noticed that Seohyun was walking slowly far behind him as if she wanted to keep a distance between them.  He should've feel relieved that Seohyun did that because he didn't want to lead her on and he loves Yoona. He just do this for Yoona not anyone else. 

Then why he feel something when he sees Seohyun walked far behind him?

Why would he convinced himself with his love for Yoona as if to comfort himself? 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter